Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (1 year ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 1 year ago

I agree with all the statements. It's not like they changed the way a plastic looks. It's not like they went with black rubbers instead of white. This change is massive. Not sure what else to say.

#273 1 year ago

Why not use 3 disk and have them line up some how like the org?

Screenshot_20180414-163542 (resized).jpg

#301 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

YES! I think this is the ideal solution and would please nearly everyone. One giant disk looks out of place and doesn't appear to represent anything from the movies. 3 smaller disks that could fit within the same playfield cutout would mean no major playfield changes. Heck, this would probably be even better then the original design for customers seeing that the map would still live on through the LCD, 3 spinning disks could represent something entirely different adding yet another layer of depth to the game.
3 of these motors and disks could be used in a triangle configuration where the current disk is. A bracket that would hold all 3 would fill in the entire cutout area which could then be removed for easy serviceability.

Good write up. Now Jack just needs to get this done.

#679 1 year ago

45 min to go. What will the results be.

#980 1 year ago
Quoted from pipes:

I guess there's still time to "tweak" it some more.

This seems pretty reliable.

For a second I thought that was Sterns Pirates.

#1001 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What’s the basic model, $8500?

Yes.

8,500 basic
9,500 LE
12,500 CE

#1008 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

As mentioned before...they did nothing wrong. This stuff could ALWAYS change. They are TESTING. On promos it states... Specifications and Features Subject to Change...... well, some features changed.

Quoted from Raknitz:

i dont disagree, just jjp cant be suprised some of the pre ordrer feel "betrayed" from what they have been shown / told / sold and the sudden change that lower the "mojo" for some on this pin

I agree with both of these statements. The only advice I can give is this: If the 3 spinning disk is why you purchased the pirates and it's no longer available, DON'T BUY IT!!! MOVE ON!!!

#1036 1 year ago

Still with all these changes, it's better than this.

Screenshot_20180420-204701 (resized).jpg

#1040 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

They are both good games, POTC will be a lot deeper codewise I think. But what Stern does better is they do not show what features there are in the premium or LE until they are certain that is what you will get.
By the way you are comparing a IMDN pro with a machine that has no pro equivalent. Let's just wait and see what the IMDN LE delivers until you conclude that POTC is better, because the price of POTC is more like the IMDN LE, not the pro.

I'm not saying IM sucks. I'm just saying even with the 3 disk now 1, it's still got more going on. That's all I'm saying.

Screenshot_20180420-210444 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20180420-210002 (resized).jpg

#1049 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Exactly some people are comparing a 5300 machine to a 9500 machine...thats like saying mother theresa and stormy daniels are both the same because they are women. *in case people take this seriously...im saying this with laughter*

You get what you pay for.

#1052 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"The price is what you pay, the value is what you get"

The value may not be in the price you pay.

#1237 1 year ago

I know from my end that Jack can shove that pirate game right up his *port* for pulling this kind of bullshit 2 minutes to midnight but I'm a drop in the bucket compared to the people lacking the balls to follow through with their threat of cancellation. I had originally put my deposit in for Pirates the week following the reveal. However, I swapped my deposit to Houdini in early Jan because I knew Houdini was going to be done first. Pirates was going to be next in line. So while I don't have any money in now, I was going to have it in later.
From JJPs standpoint he knows that people are big talkers and will still buy it. So if you guys want any hope for a price drop you have to
a) follow through and cancel
b) tell your distributor exactly why you are cancelling (I called my distributor just to tell him not to expect a deposit from my end and voiced why I wasn't going to put one down)
c) don't buy the game until the price drops
d) talk about it on social sites and #tag Jersey Jack, this helps people "not in the know", know important information. Pinside is also just a drop in the bucket of places people talk about pinball.
e) don't buy the game until the price drops
f) rinse and repeat
More than 1 million dollars in gross sales is lost for every 100 machines that gets cancelled. That is not something to take lightly.

Are you dating Gary Stern?

#1248 1 year ago

LMAO! Don't get me started on Stern. I've been good for the last little while, I don't want to relapse. Iron Maiden is killer, no complaints there.

You are dating him. I'm sure of it. LMAO!!

#1279 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Have you guys seen the Iron Maiden LE pics?

I have. I just got back from Wal-Mart.

#1282 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yup! "Merry Christmas"

Can't wait to see the quality control.

#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

What did you buy?

A Stern Zizzle.

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Not bashing Stern or the art at all. Actually, there isn’t anything to bash on Iron Maiden. It’s amazing. Unique layout, great art, timely delivery, reasonably priced. Maybe JJP should take notes.
I’m not sure how you came to the conclusion I was somehow bashing the art.

I just messing around with my comments. But, I do think you should go over to the other thread. This is a POTC thread not IM.

#1346 1 year ago

I'm ok with the disk but really wanted two things based on what I saw.

1. I wish the disk was bigger
2. Artwork around the disk still needs work

#1360 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Not satisfied with your disc size?

#1432 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Now that everyone has moved on from the disc, you all are complaining about the apron color!? Not having enough zeros?! What next? That it has 4 legs?
Awesome to see the code mature with each stream. This will be a great game when complete.

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from jrio101:

Just played the three disc version and they did not work good at all. Probably a smart move for JJP to take it out.

Is this at Allentown in Joe's booth?

#1505 1 year ago

I played Pirarates for the first time this weekend at Pinfest. The game looks incredible. Love the playfield artwork. The cabinet, hmmmm not so much. The flippers were weak so hard to make the ramp shots. It had the 3 spinning disk which worked. It really made the ball go all over the place. It's a well built pinball. But, before I get one, I need to see how the single disk compares to the triple. When are these suppose to start shipping?

#1589 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man this pin is losing steam fast.
Gotta be able to announce and start shipping.

I have to agree. Showing a pinball 7 months ago and it's still not out. I feel like I have already owned it, played it, gotten bored and sold it.

#1604 1 year ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

All this will be forgotten when they start shipping I predict. You can't write off JJP, people like their stuff too much IMHO.

I own 2 JJP games and have owned 3. I'm just saying the excitement for me is gone. I'm now waiting for the Oct, 2018 announcement. They really need to show a game and already have some made to be shipped within a month. Delays and changes has killed it for me. Also playing it at Allentown with weak flippers doesn't help the cause.

#1622 1 year ago

I just built a new pinball. Cool, when can I get it. Next week. Great thanks. That's Sterns model. I like it alot.

1 week later
#1684 1 year ago

I just watched the latest stream on Pirates. It's a very beautiful game. When they tweak the spinning disk area (colors), it may pass WOZ. It's very nice. Good job Eric...

#1760 1 year ago

25462 (resized).jpeg

#1778 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Simpsons and AC/DC
LTG : )

I agree!

Skyemont

#1825 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Still don’t understand why are they showing videos of the prototype games since that is not the correct representation of what the game is going to be and how far out till production?

I agree. I'm confused.

#1828 1 year ago

I think the cab artwork is boring. I am not a fan of people's faces as the cabinet art. I hate it. But some ships and sea with mountains or something.

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You make a good point. Didn’t really give the cabinet art a ton of thought but your right, there are 22 character faces on the PF. Did they really need more on the cabinet?
Sterns cabinet art for POTC is perfect in my opinion and JJP should have done something similar but better.

Something like this is good. I like Sterns cabinet art packages better.

Screenshot_20180527-162451 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20180527-162533 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20180527-162732 (resized).jpg

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

$6500 for WOZ ECLE was 7 years ago, was a limited amount of time before going to $7500k and they lost money on every game at $6500...
I see what Stern is charging for $9k and its laughable when compared to JJP games for the same price or $500 more and I say that as a Star Wars LE owner. I do agree that JJP, as well as Stern, will hit a wall if pricing continues to rise. There's only so many pinball dollars to go around.

So Stern can ask 9k for a Iron Maiden LE and that's Ok?

#1850 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There is only 500 of those so its somewhat "limited".
The CE edition of JJP costs $12,500
The wall has been hit imo, but "collector" and "limited" pins will still be gobbled up if its a great pin/theme

I agree. The CE is stupid but even Sterns Premium is around 7500 so that's high as hell too. Doesn't matter how much u defend stern, both companies prices are very very stupid.

2 weeks later
#1997 1 year ago

I do love seeing the live Streams of Pirates but at this time, I'm getting burned out. I want to play the game myself and experiance it. I feel like I know the game so much without playing.

2 weeks later
#2082 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

JJP needs to do a fresh title and not a rehash of pirates or anothe lotr. Once they do that then will peek my interest plus I just don’t understand Eric’s thinking on this game he has divertors everywhere on this thing but none for the right ramp; that should have been one of the first things in the game; ohh well; hoping that the next game is cheaper and more original

Do you own any JJP games or have you every owned any?

#2094 1 year ago

Is Pirates coming out this YEAR?

#2141 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If it hasn’t already been 9 months and 100 streams of the game I would agree with you.
I’m not bashing JJP or the game but when there is an extended unexpected delay(if there even is one) they should just say it. Don’t need to set a date, just simply say it’s officially delayed.
Like another post mention, silence usually isn’t a good sign.

Not bashing you on this comment.. I totally agree matter of fact.. But, have you ever owned a JJP game? Quality takes time. Sure they can scale down to Stern quality and produce 2-3 titles a year... JMO.. I would rather play the pins i have and wait for a masterpiece.. Do i wish they would speed things up on the production line, sure... But when i see Stern releasing games w/ sooooooooo many issues, it makes me feel good Jack is steady and slow..

#2173 1 year ago

What if production starts on POTC at the same time game number 5 is announced? Boy that will hurt!!

#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just read on JJP's Twitter / Facebook that they are streaming Pirates today

I would rather them say, they are shipping pirates today!!!

2 weeks later
#2302 1 year ago

Question. Sorry if I missed this answer but did the art work around the spinner stay the same as it was before when they took the 3 spinning disk out?

2 weeks later
#2468 1 year ago

Still better than most Sterns, but i agree, its just ok....

1 week later
#2611 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Could it not be triggered by a switch going up ramp at lowest spot of ramp

Totally agree with this. I can see with in 2 months the motor burning out.

#2701 1 year ago

POTC is on the production line... We all know this. But, my question is why do bars, people who route them, etc.... get them way ahead of the homeowners? I am pretty sure there are more homeowners than people who route them... Maybe i am wrong.. Just asking..

#2718 1 year ago

Any locations in VA?

#2725 1 year ago

Any homeowners?

#2730 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I was wondering the same thing.

Quoted from jcoble:

I was a day one order, and I've been told it won't be this week.

Doesn't matter if u are paid in full. Homeowners are later.

#2797 1 year ago

Have any HOMEOWNERS gotten their Pirates? Not dealers, not bars, not barcades, not museums, homeowners?

#2849 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Wait, they are not in full production....FAKE CARTWHEEL!!! JK

Totally agree. Like i said, distributors and a select few. No homeowners.

#2854 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yep definitely disappointing.
Missed opportunity in my opinion, should have had more of these out for the Labor Day holiday.

The cartwheel is not for Homeowners. I have moved on really.

#2866 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm not saying that no machines should be on location out of the gate. I just think it should be a 70/30 split, location vs homeowner. Stern doesn't strictly ship to locations/operators first, there are regular folks that get their machines in the same time frame and on a much shorter development and production timeline.
Yes from a mechanical standpoint locations gives it the best test with hundreds of play in a short period of time, BUT there have been thousands of games played on prototype machines anyway.
I think games that the homeowner gets are more likely to bring code issues/bugs to light quicker as you can dig deep into a game easier at home vs on location.
At this point, I would be amazed if there are any serious mechanical reliability issues. Code and bugs who knows because there are quite a few things that were never seen on any of the streams.
These are just my opinion and we are all allowed to have an opinion last I checked.

I agree w/ all of this. On Oct 12, 2017 Pirates was shown. That was almost 11 months ago. Then this thread started by Eric over 4 months ago saying massive testing was done. How much testing do they need??? They have been streaming for months as well. I just feel bad for all the Homeowers who machines have BEEN paid for. Sure, there will be issues out of the box like all pinball machines have, but nothing major i'm sure...

#2867 1 year ago

Just venting but its over.

#2878 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dang Sky, say it ain't so, the JJP lovefest is waning a bit!
I'm with you though. I dropped out of my CE partly because of delay but mostly because if I'm still interested I'll just wait another year at this point and get one second hand then. And of course there are so many other options coming out right now!
11 months is too long from release to the START of delivery, especially after waiting 2 yrs. and 10 months to get my fully paid Woz.
One day, lets hope Jack can follow through with his promise of announcing a game and then delivering it Stern style.

Dont get me wrong here. I love JJP but the time frame and how they distribute the game im not in favor of.

#2895 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

New week and new month, are we going to see anything ship to homeowners this week?

My guess would be no for September. No soup for you!

#2923 1 year ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Would you rather have chunks of clearcoat peeling off the playfield due to not enough testing?

You are kidding right. 1 year of testing is not enough? Just need a cliffy at inlanes, vuk's, etc and you are good.

#2966 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Got the call
Leaves the factory tomorrow!

Is this for your home?

#3005 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They’ve been teasing us with rows and rows of machines since 8/3.
Where the hell are they all?

Going to retailers, bars, barcades, etc... I want to see the first post of a homeowner. Maybe Jack will do a backflip when those get shipped. Right now its just a cartwheel.

#3007 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

From previous posts here, they are starting to leave the factory yesterday/today bound for homeowners. Guessing early next week the deliveries start to show up at homes.

Thats wonderful news. If this is true, we should see tons of pics next week.

#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I would not be able to sleep till it was set up and had the first game!!!!!

Something weird going on here.

#3028 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Lol pretty much! I didn't take an unboxing video, but took a lot of pics which I will upload in the club thread shortly. I can say that this game is completely amazing and plays pretty different (better) than the demo games that were out there, which I think the software updates are the reason and it seems way smoother. The circular map graphic looks better too (not as red)? [quoted image]

More pics please. Tons!!!

1 week later
#3095 1 year ago

By the time homeowners start getting theirs, JJP will announce their new pin release at Chicago Expo.

#3103 1 year ago

Not many homeowners. Also Jack knows you stream alot, just saying.

#3106 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Didn’t stack all six Multiballs but did get to the battle the Kraken wizard mode

Day one order probably helped — I waited a while for my DI but I’ll take it here!

I'm just messing with ya. Glad ya got it. Looks great.

#3108 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Very righteous answer for someone not knowing any conversations I've had with my distributor. I was told first week of August it would likely be by end of month, then first week sep, then next week, then delayed for some issues and now last week sep/early oct. just trying to understand what's really going on.
Maybe now you understand but really I'll ask as many times as I f'ing feel like and the fact it bothers you makes me want to ask even more.
FYI - I haven't asked about deliveries here for 10 days, nice try!

Most Homeowners will be last. Not sure why but all signs have proven to be that way. You are a prime example.

2 weeks later
#3127 1 year ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Day one buyer, no machine yet. Missed my son's birthday party on the 29th, which is when we were hoping to get it by for the big reveal. Oh well.

I was wondering where all the homeowner machines are. Based on Joe's video from PinballStar, looks like they are all going overseas.

#3141 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I thought the expectation for early adopters to receive this game was reset to Nov to Dec timeframe. if you are frustrated in early Oct, it is going to be a rough quarter for you

I never heard of this!! Everyone is getting theirs EXCEPT USA HOMEOWNERS!!!

#3199 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Man, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if it takes that long. Lol

Are u kidding me???

#3200 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

That would suck but who knows.

#3208 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

There were actually a lot of people in the video posted by Pinball Star about a week back.

Those games were international games, not domestic which sucks...USA Homeowners are last....

2 weeks later
#3263 11 months ago
Quoted from magickeys:

Here's a link to my YouTube channel with 8 unboxing vids plus separate spoiler vids for the topper and goodie bag...

Enjoy!!! Good luck to all you folks waiting on games....now it's play time!!!

Let us know how it plays.. When i play on location, the flippers are weak, pitch is not right and game is not level. I would love to know how it plays when a homeowner ownes it...

1 week later
#3317 11 months ago

Could this be the game of the year or maybe 2 years..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside