Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (1 year ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 1 year ago

Can you imagine the shitstorm that would occur if Stern changed Groot so that his mouth was always open?

Oh wait...you'd never know it was supposed to open and close, because Stern ships their games right after announcement.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Not cool! I was in on 10 LE's and 1 Collectors editions. I will not be placing such a large order and Definitely will not be placing my order for a 12K collectors that has been now stripped of 2 very big features. I do understand reliability should always come first. However at such a high price you would expect a ton of cool features.
Pirates now has no actors from the movie in the animations. They do not have music from the movie. And now they take out the cool 3 spinning discs and a treasure chest lid that opens.
This is very disappointing!

Yup. 3 strikes and you're out!

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh pinside, you can be so dramatic.
Having played the prototype approx 30-40 times, I must say this change is welcomed. My two biggest concerns about the game were these 2 mechs. In the 30-40 games I played (half at banning and half at Ayce Gogi), the chest only worked one time. Making this toy not only a reliable locking Mech, but a reliable shot was very much needed.
As for the spinning disk; when it worked, it was cool. But it worked about 50% of the time, the other times it would do this stutter step thing like it was on its last life, it did not look or play well. We haven’t seen the new Mech in action so really can’t comment on it, but as bigd mentioned, reliability and playability are the important factors here.
I vote you all put your pinside drama aside until you see the new mechs in action. JJP pins are still the best >$8k pins on the market to date, and there’s a reason for that. Nothing else compares for the price, even IMDN-LE.

They need to lower the price of this game $500 to compensate for the loss of the two mechs.

Clearly, they are saving on the BOM. Why should buyers suffer?

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

$500 isn’t enough.
Aside from the mechs, the PF just doesn’t look as nice. The triple spinner was pretty damn cool.

I was being nice.

LOL

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Half of pinside was saying the discs would never work and would potentially ruin the game when announced. Now it's the end of the world that it's being removed for reliability reasons? Come on.

No they weren't.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Smart move. I think everybody who had put some serious time working on games knew that triple spinner was going to be a disaster.
Surprised to see so many people making this out to be a dealbreaker but people want what they want I guess.

Replacing a potential problem mech is smart. Replacing it with a 1972 Fireball mech is not, especially for a premium priced machine.

They need to replace it with something else unique, high tech, and reliable.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So another year and untold R&D on another "unique high tech" mech and HOPE this one turns out to be reliable?
People here simply need to be more realistic about what goes into building a pinball machine. JJP did the smart thing to get this game toward production. That's what pinball companies that want to stay in business have to do - keep the line moving.

Another year? This is JJP. Try two or three years.

#75 1 year ago

This just in from JJP:

On the next game, Toy Story, the Buzz Lightyear toy is being changed from full-sized Buzz to mini-Buzz from the chicken restaurant.

IMG_0518 (resized).JPG

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from danastude:

I'm confused, Where did this picture come from? Is this a joke? This is the new disk, rather than the one we saw in the video with Eric? Whats with the targets, and it is next to a wall. Please enlighten me please.

Not sure if you're kidding or not, but that pic was from the old Stern POTC game.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It's explicitly stated in their literature that "Game appearance and specifications subject to change without notice", and by definition nothing is final whilst they're still running prototypes (they are) rather than final engineering samples.
The notion that this is somehow a cheap, cost cut game is absolutely ludicrous, whwn you compare it to the competition - all of them.

I get a hell of a lot more bang for my buck at $5,400 for a GOTG Pro than an $8,500 game that does not have licensed music, no scenes from the movie, and now two interactive toys have been seriously downgraded.

Oh, and by the way, even a $5,400 Aerosmith Pro has a trunk that can open and close and lock the balls.

So let's curb the JJP hyperbole.

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from pipes:

Jack, if you see Gary wandering around, can you please ask him how he got his Aerosmith trunk to open and close? Thanks boss.

I think I peed a little laughing after reading that!

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Totally different way they work.... balls come in from underneath from a fork diverter which also raised the lid at same time. There were alot of rejects bc of the lid...so. now it just stays open so it works 100 percent.

What does that matter to the customer when the end result is a mech that opens and closes versus one that does not? Especially when it’s priced significantly higher?

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

LOL you guys haven't even seen the new mech's in action and you're already crying wolf. Give it some time, let's see how this plays out and more importantly how the new disk is in actual game play; I know, what a concept.

We already know how it works, because it's been around since 1972 at least.

#170 1 year ago

Cowabunga!!

s-l1600 (resized).jpg

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from pipes:

You realize that there's coding that goes along with the 3 disc mech right? It's not just as simple as swapping them out. What you're suggesting sounds like an absolute nightmare for JJP. Much worse than the nightmare they woke up to this morning.

You keep the code in for both. Plug and play is not something new. It's been around in consumer tech for some time. Pinball needs to catch up.

#319 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For now CGC is up and no matter what the title I am In!

Even if it’s a Vault?

442BF356-7390-4230-BE54-8FD840FD5AB6 (resized).jpeg

#404 1 year ago

THIS JUST IN FROM STERN!

Deadpool changes:

Do to reliability issues with the Deadpool toy's mouth opening and closing, the revised toy will have its mouth sealed shut. We at Stern feel this is a more reliable solution and will cause less issues on location.

Wolverine-Origins-Deadpool-Cameo (resized).jpg

#427 1 year ago

Ironically, although this was not their intention, Stern did a decent job with the clips from GOTG. Since they didn't get the actor's voices, they just show action scenes...kind of like background noise....you know it's there, it ties the game together.....but you're not having to watch cut scenes of the movie.

And all the voice readings of the script lines are teed up nicely to be replaced with Pinball Browser.

#429 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Counting box office is always a silly argument.

Tell that to the bank.

#431 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I bet you 90% of the people who said they are not going to buy the game because of the change still will. What a bunch of complainers. You guys will bitch about anything.

I doubt 90%.

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Yeah more like 99%

99% backing out.

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah or two dozen James Bond, with a lot of stinkers

How dare you insult Moonraker!

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

No one has paid for anything, just made fully-refundable deposits.

That's still paying for something. That's money that could have been used elsewhere, but was locked in to get the game as advertised.

#483 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cue the violins

This coming from a Stern basher.

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

JJP made my day gloomy. Need a Valium.

Try a Tito's and Red Bull!

#691 1 year ago

Lame. They aren't even addressing the 900 lbs elephant in the room. Just keep going, nothing to see here.

Lame.

#708 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

A 1990 B/W Spinning disc in the center of the playfield is a big miss on a $10K pin. This is The Hobbit's 3rd flipper.

You are so generous to JJP!

It's actually worse....a 1972 spinning disk. Fireball had it first.

#713 1 year ago

1972 Fireball. Truth hurts.

Fireball (resized).jpg

#728 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

The mod makers are already quick at work making a grooved spinner pad similar to Fireball's.
They should be able to sell at least ten of them.

#833 1 year ago
Quoted from Tucks:

I didn't realize my post would upset so many people. I don't have one on order but have played it a number of times and its a great game, with or without a spinning disc.

You've played it without the 3 spinning discs?

Quoted from Tucks:

This doesn't seem to happen when any other manufacturer makes a change to their product pre release (Ford, Apple, Nike). People don't start demanding a price reduction. With domestic support like this, if I was JJP I'd start looking at manufacturing something else.

What has Apple done like this? Like Stern, Apple usually doesn't show something till it's close to shipping.

#866 1 year ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Did they not do this with Batman 66? I remember going to expo two years ago and just being able to look at Batman. And did you see the price tag on that

You couldn't play Batman at Expo, but they started shipping it a few weeks later. No features were removed.

#880 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

You never know. In a couple years they could get the bugs out and release an improved '3 disc LE" model.

Black Pearl Edition. $500 surcharge.

2 months later
#2163 1 year ago

Wow. They still haven't shipped POTC yet?

Maybe the delay is because they are going to get Johnny Depp to do voice work after all. If you've read about his finances lately, he could use an extra buck.

Or maybe Johnny and JJP's finances are just f@cked mutually.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 28.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside