Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (1 year ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#221 1 year ago

I don't think I can spend 20k aud and be pissed off. If one disc had of been there from the beginning fair enough but knowing there should be three will always annoy me and what you can't make a lid on a trunk open and close? Some have said to drop the price but at this price point I just wanted the best pin they could make. Other people have said give the topper to le buyers I say no because that's why I payed extra for the ce. I would want a custom shooter rod minimum as compensation. I personally would wait longer for them to get it right rather than loose it. Also have to change the pizza decal looks terrible ,very disappointed. migh get a HUO hobbit and a stern instead

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Had nothing to do with money... the lid closed was causing lots of rejected shots .... so they just made it open all the time and now the shot works great.

What you can't make a ball go into a box?

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I guess the way the box was designed caused issues/rejects so they just proped the lid up to solve the issue it seems? Sucks but i thing the map is the much bigger deal here.

It's all a big deal!

#316 1 year ago

Even if I stick with it I am worried that with everyone pulling out of the ce it will lower it's value and where does it say that the rings will be on the back box ,are they still doing the awards on the single disc and why no lights on the single disc

#559 1 year ago

That looks alot better, I could live with that. I think it would look good with some gold through it.

IMG_20180417_194912 (resized).jpg

#561 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I
I still hope that the solution is not just a spinner with a sticker on it and a ring to fill the balance of the hole.

Me too but I don't think they have a choice in it now. As a trade off with something they can do is I would love to see a video mode where you get to shoot cannons at at ships with their animations it would look sick.

#564 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That would be awesome!

Just my opinion I think it would be more exciting than rolling dice but you can have more than 1 video mode IJ has3

Quoted from bgwilly31:I I think the map needs some led inserts to snazzy it up a bit.

Agreed

#568 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

Alright this thread has gone too far it has made me agree with Keefer

That's Bullshit I have a $1500 non refundable deposit down that's why I'm so invested , my dealer is a top bloke so if I asked nicely I'm sure I could get my money back but he doesn't have to !

#649 1 year ago

Been walking around the house with the shits for the last few days mumbling under my breath "stupid disc's " with my wife yelling at me "what are you talking about "and I yell back "you wouldn't understand ". But after calming down and having a think about it I'm going to stick with my ce regardless. It's going to be a mental pin and I know when it comes out and it's so great and I have pulled out I would regret it. It will still have the random spinner in the back screen plus the wicked cannon shot, the rocking playfield the subways with all their entrances , 6 multiballs an awesome topper and artwork, stacks of shots to go for (no bare posts) ,I like the idea of collecting gold also a screen in the apron filled with stuff a video mode, a shit load of modes , barnacle encrusted, 3 spinners ,the bit up the back where they have "cannon battels " the out lane saves and even tartoga Tom. But one of my favorite features is being able to play as one of 22 characters with all their pros and cons. Having said that taking away the 3 spinning disc's is a substantial loss (rather they tried and failed than never tried at all) maybe they could surprise us by giving us a customised shooter rod or sword flippers or maybe a busty mermaid for tartoga Tom. Just a thought.

#654 1 year ago
Quoted from pipes:

Time for them to re-sell this game to people.

I just did. Comment #249 page 13

#658 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

In light of all of this perhaps a little humour
JJP: We are going to screw you over this much
<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Customer backlash
JJP: Fine... we'll screw you over this much
<------------------------------------------------------->
Customers rejoice

Such a negative Nancy

#1062 1 year ago

Boy hasn't the Shit hit the fan!. I'm not a fan of disc's but if I have to have one I want it to work. I'm glad they tried to make it work rather than never haved tried. I've watched the stream a couple of times and I think (I'm going to cop it for this) the game is coming along really well. I like the animations the music the sound of the bell makes you feel like you're on a ship. Everytime they do a new stream it gets better and better (except the discs and the trunk) .The idea of the discs will still be there and I am looking forward to plundering balls and score off my mates. We haven't seen how the discs work on the screen yet or video mode. There is still a lot more to come on this packed machine. To people who are going to IMDN because a toy has been downgraded please. To everyone who has cancelled their order I think you are just depriving your self of the most feature packed pin ever made. If anyone can think of a pin with more features please let me know.

IMG_20180421_163341 (resized).jpg

#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

:
The game seems fantastic to me. The looks, the screen, the graphics, the sounds, the possibilities, the game etc. Featurewise it is still very strong, .

Seems weird to pull out due to the amount of motors.

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

The game has changed, period.

Mate the ball still ricochets off a disc and a lid doesn't open how has game play changed

#1069 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You Aussies and your weird sex hobbies ....

rd

At least there not sheep balls

#1077 1 year ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

And thats exactly the problem.
a pinball MACHINE is (has to be) a phsyical gaming device. a spinning virtualized map? no way.

It still has a physical spinning map. You should watch the latest stream

#1079 1 year ago

Could the sails be for the topper?

#1140 1 year ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Wonder how far along the next title is, maybe just cancel POTC and move on. The expense is in manufacturing the games not the design. Probably should have done then when they saw how restrictive the licensing was gonna be, now this...

A stupid suggestion no matter how many times you repost it

#1184 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Keep raising prices and taking assets away. See how that works out long term.
Just listened to the Jack interview. They are just getting the game out and when NON Pinside people find out about Potc around xmas time and never even knew about the spinning disc issue, it won't matter. "People love our games".
It's an unbelievable load of shit. Same old Cheerleader Jack.

Haters are gonna hate.

#1185 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They RAISED the price AGAIN,

Buying Premium brand new pinball machines is expensive .Maybe you should find a more affordable hobby (this is for crazy Levi) I don't want my Bentley to have vynal seats just so you can afford it.

#1187 1 year ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

You do realize what you are defending is you preordering your Bentley with Corinthian leather, they release it with vinyl seats and charge you the same right?

Not at all, instead of giving me a jet flame lighter they give me a traditional one. But the car still has more bells and whistles than any other car.

#1190 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Corinthian leather only comes on Chryslers hawked by Ricardo Montelbon and we ain't shopping for that kind of garbage around here!
Look, the dude clearly pre-ordered a Ferrarri with optional retracting antenna. But, months before it's release, the antenna mech was proven to be aerodynamically inefficient so it was removed, and replaced by a static but more form-fitting antenna.
So, the choice is this - does he accept this Ferrari with this small, mostly cosmetic alteration? Or does he decide to shop for something else in the Italian exotic market? Perhaps a Lambo?
In the case of POTC it's even tougher, because really, who else is churning out Ferraris? Stern LEs are more like high-end caddilacs. Houdini is more like a concept car. And Alien is kind of like a Delorean in that it looks cool but drives terribly and breaks down like it's its job.
So what I'm trying to say is - screw pinball. I'm sick of it, and I'm heading over to a car forum. WHO'S WITH ME?!

I'm glad you're up do you ever leave pinside

#1192 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Between the hours of not 9 to 5 you'll find my posting drops precipitously. You'll also notice many post much, much more than I do.
I'm kind of like a Shelby Cobra. Quality over quantity, but also mildly overrated.

I just did a time check it's only 10 o'clock in New York and it's midnight in oz I thought you were burning the midnight oil .cobras rock! l

#1194 1 year ago

Great come back

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dude your avatar fits

You're the one who hangs Shit on everything. You do know no one is making you buy this pin.

#1197 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are you sure about that? Jack is holding a gun to my head! Thanks Captain Obvious.

There's a company out there making something you're meant to love and all I read is you bagging it.

#1200 1 year ago

OK iceman happy for a truce I'm sure you're a great bloke as 99pecnt of pinball lovers are. Since disc gate has happened it's like everyone has turned on jjp and no one will say what a great job they are doing. Just because one feature has been downgraded everyone forgets how much there is in this pin and how awesome it will be .sorry I got defensive happy to move on, no hard feelings.

#1205 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if you buy the game perhaps jack will put some leather shoes in the cab.
» YouTube video

Funny clip

#1209 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I think iceman has already said what a great job JJP is doing

Not if you read some of his earlier messages and I'm trying to smooth things over stop stirring

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How much do they charge pirates for earrings?
A buck an ear!

Hilarious -seriously

#1230 1 year ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

, but it’s going to fall very short on toys/mechs.

Obviously you have no idea maybe you should concentrate on Iron Maiden

#1231 1 year ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Wonder how far along the next title is,

What's the point you'll just want them to cancel it and move on.

#1236 1 year ago

Jack can shove that pirate game right up his *port*

Not a pinball fan

#1290 1 year ago

I wonder how they will use the camera in pirates

#1292 1 year ago
Quoted from pipes:

That's one thing I really like about JJP games. You get a sense that the playfield was designed with that specific theme in mind. Many of Sterns games have a very generic feel to them on the other hand.

That's why you pay the extra $$$
It wouldn't surprise me if stern have a bunch of playfields ready to go just waiting for a theme. (I do like stern pins)

#1331 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I wonder how they will use the camera in pirates

Got my answer -wanted poster.
The only problem is if you're not a good player you'll never see your picture. Would be cool if they take your picture at the beginning and you could play as you.

#1334 1 year ago

The star map looks awesome I thought it was going to be just twinkling lights but to see it has rules to it is great. I just hope somewhere they show you what the symbols mean

#1337 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

. Some of the fun will be figuring out what the rest of them are though.

They did say more you do the harder they get.

#1338 1 year ago

What was the circle with the rectangle in it-gold? This pin has so much in it and they haven't even got to plundering or video mode

#1343 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is there definitely a video mode in it?

Yes, like viper said it's called liars dice(i picture dice being thrown). I wish it was a bit more involved like shooting pirate ships

#1344 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I wish they would code in a video clip for the maelstrom in worlds end with the epic ship battle.

Exactly and when you sink the ship with the canon they should show the clip of the ship blowing up.

#1347 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That would be friggin sweet. you never know, I have a feeling there is a bit to be added yet.

Maybe if we keep mentioning stuff like this they will see it and have a think about it. Like panzerfreak's wanted pictures

#1348 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm ok with the disk but really wanted two things based on what I saw.
1. I wish the disk was bigger
2. Artwork around the disk still needs work

I know we're all disappointed but can we move on from disc gate.

#1350 1 year ago

They need to show at least one ship battle, and you're right there are no actors faces, should be doable.

#1353 1 year ago

I think star map and the compass are very similar but if you do what the star map shows you get rewarded (extra balls and points)

#1359 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

They should have added some magnets to the spinning disc, not enough action from what I saw.

I think the ball moved enough when needed, but not all the time to ruin your game.

#1363 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Compass for the PREMIUM edition and star map and compass for the LE/CE.

I thought they were separate even on the premium my mistake have to watch the stream again

#1365 1 year ago

Black flippers are cool on the black pearl but what's a better combo than yellow and red for the main playfield. I would like to see sword or cannon flippers.

#1366 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

. Yet here it sounds like the star map is adding different gameplay

The rules will be the same just a different way of looking at them.

#1368 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Per this comment, it sounds like the star map will give alternate rewards...

The star map gives rewards the compas tells you what to go for

#1388 1 year ago

When you get a high score it should show a picture of the character you got it with.

#1414 1 year ago

I like the ships on the apron but the orange and yellow in the back ground looks terrible and takes away from the playfield, needs to be darker, like a storm scene with lightning bolts or a moon lit night. Unlike the spinning disc's this is an easy fix. Hopefully it will change at least for the ce.

#1422 1 year ago

They finally put in a clip of a ship being blowen up - hooray !!! But it's for a special? and not for sinking a ship with a canon? Come on fellas sort this out.

#1438 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I didn't notice this clip, where does it happen?

At the 58 minute mark.

Quoted from arcadem:JJP has responded to the apron art work criticisms

What did they say?

If the surround is darker it makes really makes the colors on the playfield "pop" alot more.

#1440 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I think he means that the orange apron is a response to the criticisms of the blue apron.
So they are being criticized for responding to the criticisms, they really can't win.

OK ,got it

#1443 1 year ago

Does anyone know how many balls are in the machine.

#1445 1 year ago

Thanks, I was hoping for 6. It doesn't really matter I just think more the merrier

#1470 1 year ago

What about drunken sailor mode with opposite flippers, the pin does need a bit more humour. Arrr frenzy is a good start.

#1472 1 year ago

It's all in the programming anything is possible

#1474 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It would be cool if JJP could engineer the software to make it easy for owners to swap music and put some of their own in.

You could also get one of those mini TV mods and play clips from the movies but because the playfield is so packed I don't know where you would put it.

#1478 1 year ago

On a standard you could probably put in right where the starfield is located

Or maybe to the left where the mountains are, on the standard

#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The multiballs all seem like the same thing except for the title stating the movies multiball. There doesn’t really seem to be anything unique or distinguishable going on where you can say, damn that at worlds end multi ball was crazy good and actually remember it.

I think it would be cool for chest multiball when you lock your second ball the machine goes dark except for the chest and all you hear is the heart beating thump thump and you have about 20 seconds to lock your third ball and if you don't get it it releases a ball ,to make you really earn that multiball. Just a thought.

#1481 1 year ago
Quoted from Axl:

It would be great if the multiball start animation would be longer

I think all the clips should be at least 2 seconds longer, they're over before you know it

#1484 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Moreover, I think a good, campy original pirate theme would blow PotC out of the water.

Even without the actors there are that many clips from FIVE movies that you couldn't even get close to Potc by animating and filming your own scenes for a non licenced pirate pin. Just hope they didn't pay to much.

#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Totally agree, some people live in fantasy land. That number is ridiculous.

Jack said it took 4-5 months to get a 1000 pre orders on DI and 4-5 weeks to get a 1000 pre orders on Potc. so I can believe they're up to 2000 pre orders easily. Not that it makes any difference.

#1492 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I can't imagine they still have 2k preorders

I agree their probably up to 3k after everyone has seen the progress they are making on the live streams.

#1496 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

More an indictment to how bad the DI reveal was, and then how it became a sleeper hit.

I don't think the reveal would have much to do with it ,an unknown theme like dialled in is easy to dismiss and it takes a bit for people to play it and get to know it. Where as a popular theme people are a lot more comfortable to jump on early.

#1498 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No, the reveal was awful and had a lot to do with it.

I'll take your word for it

#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

I keep hearing DI being called a hit I just don't see it

When a brand new original pin is sitting in the top 10 i call that a hit

IMG_20180508_123729 (resized).jpg

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I'd say a huge part of anyone that played it and don't like it was due to how broke it was. I waited to play it as well. The old triple disc worked better then the rocking ship. The rocking ship was broke to one side. Never shifted to the other side. So it made the upper pf useless and no fun. Then the treasure chest was unmakable. Which not only takes out dvey Jones locker MB. But also hurts on completing some of the chapters because the chest shot is a part of those. . .

That's sort of good? They can now see the weak points and fix them -hopefully. That's the benefit of a long time in the field testing.

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from thedoctor:

doesn't look much more than a ripoff of Black Rose.

You must know a different black rose to the one I'm thinking of.

#1555 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

There is a reverse flipper mode in WOZ obtained through the crystal ball - one of the last modes you can get through that.

Bang- he got you there. ouch!

#1567 1 year ago

The stream isn't on YouTube yet does anyone have a link to the twich stream

#1586 1 year ago

I for one am more excited than ever about pirates after watching the live streams and seeing the progress they're making its looking alot better than I thought it would be and we haven't even got to liars dice video mode and the virtual spinning disc's with all the rewards and plundering which will be great. To "normal " people the ones who are not on pinside when they see this pin on location they will be blown away. You have to think about how much this pin has and not what it hasn't. To the people who three spinning disc's mean so much to them it's not all bad you can still get whirlwind.

#1595 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have to agree. Showing a pinball 7 months ago and it's still not out. I feel like I have already owned it, played it, gotten bored and sold it.

At least you've had 7 months of ups and downs and you still haven't even seen or played the final product. You might feel the same way after a month or two with IMDN. IMDN was announced, delivered and people got it. There was no build up and anticipation at least with pirates you've seen it grow and evolve.

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

you ruined it for me. when i play it i am gonna be thinking about this.

I know the upper playfield only has targets, 2 spinners , rocks side to side and a canon. Ripped off!

Quoted from Psw757:It is too long of a wait.... there are several factors that compound this delay. First is removal of features frustrates potential buyers and other Mfg's have really stepped up their game and are cranking multiple titles out over this same timeframe. .

The features have not been removed, the trunk has been down graded and the spinning disc's with their awards will still be there in virtual form. Also I would rather wait for one great pin than have my choice of three average ones.

#1610 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think it's going to be a love it/hate game and it will be mainly due to rule set and theme.

That's a fair comment. It amazes me how many pinball "lovers" are hanging it on this pin when it's going to be one of the best and feature packed of all time.

#1611 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

. The endeavor is the ship we get to blast in the ame with the cannon, I would like to see the dozens of cannons going off and splintering the shit out of the endeavor when the center hit is made.
Come on JJP, thow us true Pirate fans a bone!

If we keep mentioning it, it might happen

#1613 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well, I can only think that in regard to the code it's a very complex game which is good for the home but not easy to learn for the casual player. I'm hoping they include some sort of guide to explain the game in depth, I'll never remember all the unique combos they explained for example.
When watching it being played at pinfest one of the complaints I heard from a few folks while I waited an hour for my turn was some ball times were excruciatinly long. Watching the streams you see short ball times but these guys were playing to get to wizard modes and taking the high risk shots. Casual players likely won't be doing this.
This is going to be an interesting game to follow post release, on one hand I predict top 10 status but at the same time won't be surprised to see it much lower. I personally take these ratings with a grain of salt but I do think it gives an idea of popularity of a game.

I think jjp are more suited for the home environment as they are so deep. I want a envolved and long playing pin, if I want to play a hard and fast pin I'll play fish tales. They're both great in their own ways.Just depends on what mood your in.

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm hoping they include some sort of guide to explain the game in depth, I'll never remember all the unique combos they explained for example.

Agreed,.Also when you pick a character they tell you their benefits but I have not seen where they state their negatives like half scoring ect.

#1617 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They can make it like a book of pirate code/guidelines

Excellent

#1634 1 year ago
Quoted from Axl:

I would rather have JJP slowly making great games with lots of toys and exciting things than 5 games with more or less the same layout.

Well said, couldn't agree more.
It's alot easier to pump them out when you're not doing anything original.

#1638 1 year ago

Can't wait. It will be great to see how they have done it.

#1661 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

You can have Rum BOTTLES, but no rum actually IN the bottles. That's why Tortuga MB features empty bottles everywhere.
Believe me guys, we know these movies and are huge fans of them. We seriously tried our best to get what we could into them. It sounds kind of silly to say we are pushing the limits, but...

Any chance of the dog or the monkey being in the game

#1664 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You mean Toto and the Woz monkeys?

I'll pay that

#1675 1 year ago

The discs award animations look awesome.

#1676 1 year ago

I still think the apron art looks too bright. I would have gone with something like this . just a thought.

IMG_20180518_212017 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180518_212233 (resized).jpg

#1687 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the massive JD images everywhere. But I get it... licensing. Beautiful machine!

That's why you get the ce if you have the spare cash

#1694 1 year ago

They still haven't put the latest stream on u tube anyone know why. I can never find anything on twitch thank goodness for the links people put up.

#1698 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Probably because Joe started getting ready for nycpc right after. It'll likely go up today.

Thank you very much. It's really great to get feed back from you guys .i can't wait to get mine keep up the excellent work.

#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't understand either just replicating something on the backglass as the topper. LE games are typically purchased by home buyers .

My guess would be jjp pictured this pin in an arcade setting with the skull and cross bones sticking up above everything to draw people in. Jack said in a video about Di alot of operators were buying the le machines. If people don't like the topper they can always look down the back of the couch for some 'spare cash' and get the ce.

#1755 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My guess would be jjp pictured this pin in an arcade setting with the skull and cross bones sticking up above everything to draw people in. Jack said in a video about Di alot of operators were buying the le machines. If people don't like the topper they can always look down the back of the couch for some 'spare cash' and get the ce.

#1757 1 year ago

Does it have moving waves and a lighting storm.

#1781 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So depressing I'm not allowed to get this machine. Period. .

Sounds like you're the one being abused

#1797 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I got permission from my wife to upvote this comment.

Tell your wife thanks. Good to see some people still have a sense of humour.

#1798 1 year ago

Just watched the latest stream man there's alot to take in. I would like to see pirates come with a large playfield poster map (hopefully laminated) with the 5 movie qualifying shots and the 12 combo treasure shots , star map symbols and whatever else they can fit in.

#1800 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

stop requesting stuff, I would like to see these games boxed up and on trucks!!

It's probably already drawn up for the manual.

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

JJP does an EXCEPTIONAL job on their manuals, there is no reason to think that it won't be well documented.

I'm sure it will be well documented, I would like to see it on a poster so I can glance up at it while I'm playing , plus it would look cool.

#1812 1 year ago

Once these ship what will we have to talk about.

#1814 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Our success playing the game or lack of!

Excellent !

#1816 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Yes, my WOZEC is dimpled .

Dimpling is the biggest disappointment in modern pins in my view and it's totally avoidable you can get plywood twice as dence that won't dimple and they don't use it for what ever reason.

#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I disagree, but there is an entire Richie thread about this argument...

I'm not getting sucked into that again

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As stated in another thread, the apron art needs another revamp.
Color scheme wise it doesn’t look good and is terrible for the green CE

For those of you who haven't seen it. I think the ships look great but the colours don't work and it's too bright . Not saying this to stir just want it to look as good as it possibly can .

IMG_20180527_212057 (resized).jpg

#1839 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

We are certainly getting picky here .

I wouldn't say we're picky we just want what's best for the pin.

#1858 1 year ago

What we're back to pricing and the disc's.

#1862 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Newsflash: Mystery awards indicated on displays is getting close to 40 year old tech.
Last I checked we were still trying to buy pinball machines here, not vidya' games.

Mystery awards have not been shown like this before and the awards given have never been done before like stealing balls points and captions.
If you don't like "vidya" in your pins maybe you should stick to em 's

#1864 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

SOoo, if JJP said ALL the mechs are hard to do so we are going to just do a full pinball table on the big TV screen with a blank wood playfield and 2 flippers to entertain your fingers would that still be considered Innovative? ....

You just can't let go of the disc issue can you we all know it's going to be one of the most innovative and feature-packed pins of all time.
SOoo stupid comment.

#1884 1 year ago

Great news to hear they recorded more of Kevin McNally. hopefully they put in more funny stuff like his description of himself when you pick his character

#1893 1 year ago

Watching the stream, Eric sunk the ship and it was a non event they need to show a quick clip of a ship blowing up.

#1895 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I am sure that this will all be added along with shaker motor and screen shake(like we see often now).

That would be great. It's hard enough to get needs to be special.

#1900 1 year ago

What if liars dice video mode showed two pirates playing dice, then one pirate calls the other one a liar then they have a shoot out with muskets hiding behind barrels and other stuff on the ship's deck.

#1901 1 year ago

Plundering will be so much fun, I can see it causing a few arguments. Also really good to see they let you choose how often and how much stuff you can plunder.

#1905 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

how many times are you going to post this? im sure its has been at least once a page. Good idea, i wish i could say im JJ and I can hear you.

Sometimes a good idea is worth repeating just in case someone hasn't read almost 2000 posts.

#1913 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I asked about the scene as I would not expect the Team to have to create something when there a 5 movies to pull from, if these scene is not available I guess that would answer that question.

I was thinking they could do their own animations. My preferred video mode would be looking out a cannon port hole and shooting ships as they rise and fall on the waves. A dice game doesn't seem very exciting to me ,but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

#1914 1 year ago

Why do all the modes have to be shooting for characters I would like to see a mode where you're chasing a ship and as you hit your shots you get closer and closer and the final shot to end the mode you blow up the ship.

#1915 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What if liars dice video mode showed two pirates playing dice, then one pirate calls the other one a liar then they have a shoot out with muskets hiding behind barrels and other stuff on the ship's deck.

Forgot Disney said no guns no rum no fun.

#1917 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

The way I look at it, the 'chapters' in this game are really all just one kind of 'mode'. Or perhaps you could call them one kind of 'objective'. I don't think people should be thinking of them as different modes. If you are looking for traditional modes in the game, I think the wizard modes are more like the traditional modes. This game seems to be really challenging the traditional way of coding a pinball machine in that there is a lot of detail in the other parts of the code besides the modes. Take the multiballs, for example. There are five very different multiballs which all require very different shots to qualify them.

Point taken, but it would be good to mix it up a bit more

#1919 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hard to make a real pirate game without any of these.
I think they could get away with the cannon shooting ships mode since they do have cannons in game.
Doesn’t the Singapore chapter scene show guns on a table or did I not see it correctly?

Sparrow has his gun with bullet saved for barbosa .Disney can use guns jjp can't.

#1926 1 year ago

A little bird told me they are on the production line and will ship in August get the AUS possibly October and they've also made their last ever Hobbit

#1928 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Last ever Hobbit, that's interesting. Was it a Black Arrow?
If that is accurate, I'd say that is the one have in the home collection

They didn't say but I would assume it was a black arrow. My personal favourite is the le just trying to figure out how to find the money to get one, only a few left in oz.

#1931 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hobbit owners such as myself can finally look forward to the massive code update .

It would be great if in the code update you could choose to play as a character from the movie like Potc, not change the rules but it's a lot easier to remember who you are and you don't have your drunk mates arguing about who is player 2 or 3

#1938 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

instead, you would rather have them argue over which midget they are? LOL

Good one and the preferred description is Shetland people.

Your the best.
I really like the high scores for each character. It's the little touches that are making this pin a stand out.

#1953 1 year ago

They're playing the pirates movies on TV and I'm watching them more closely than ever. There are so many cool bits with no actors they could use .One bit that would be cool to see in the game is where a crow is pecking on a coffin and Jack Sparrow shoots it from in the coffin

#1955 1 year ago

Played DI yesterday and got high score for the day and before I knew it there was a dopey looking picture of me on the back screen. Pirates is going to do the same so it would be great to hear Gibbs say "say arrrr" before taking your photo.

#1964 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hey! lol Now thats funny! My wife and I played that amazing machine till our credits ran dry. Truly amazing. I kept telling her that Jack was watching from Jersey on the game camera so watch what you say! Still has the old spinner running strong though I must say the improved trunk was a Smart move. Much more reliable. If anyone from JJP (Joe) reads any of these posts that game could use a new set of flipper rubbers on your next visit. They are an inch from gone. Still played perfectly though. Can't wait for our LE.....
The Mod Couple

Great to hear your enjoying pirates. Love your mods, I will have to get some barrel spot lights.

#1980 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The software is well beyond what anyone ships so I can't imagine that software is playing any part in delaying production.

I reckon they would want ship it with the video mode in the game

#1989 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did I hear them say something about cannon shooting ship getting more choreography or were my ears hearing incorrectly?

Was that in today's stream?

#1992 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah, thought I heard them say something about it but I was multi tasking and wasn’t watching/listening real closely.

I'll have to wait for the link or YouTube

#2005 1 year ago

I know this won't happen but pirates needs a rock the boat mode.they couldn't have a better pin for this and it could be a nod to fish tales and in a perfect world they would be playing rock the boat song. Just day dreaming.

#2006 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Arrrrr GOLD! We are proud to introduce our First JJP Pirates custom GOLD mod. The CE models got barnacle the standard and LE owners deserve Gold! A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the lock down bar and highlight to remind you to collect yer treasures! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine. The mod kit also includes a single pirate coin translucent decal to perfectly detail the center illuminated button! Mod is simple to add and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Arrrrrrr. Available now via our New website store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com Thank all you scurvy Pirates for liking our products!!!
The Mod Couple

That's funny the mod is available before the pin is. Keep up the good work.

#2007 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:The mod kit also includes a single pirate coin translucent decal to perfectly detail the center illuminated button!

If you could make a centre button embossed with a skull and crossbones or if that's too cramped , just a skull like the Jaguar car badge, i think that would be sick and I would buy one even for my Hobbit.

IMG_20180616_222042 (resized).jpg
#2027 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Rule flowchart released!

Where did you find that and
did they stream today

#2031 1 year ago

Thanks guys .
now we just need a shot map

#2043 1 year ago

When you sink a ship with the cannon unless you know what to look for you wouldn't know if you're sunk it or not but if they showed the clip of the ship blowing up which they use for the special you would be like "yeah!" and high five your mates. I think it would make this pin more fun and immersive.

IMG_20180624_005323 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2018-06-23-22-40-57-77 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-06-23-22-41-39-02 (resized).png
#2054 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Guys that played this game, do you think it's worth selling a Metallica pro and tspp in order to fund an Le? I really want the game, but it's trading two for one basically. Curious on thoughts.

I sold my rrwoz and getaway to pay for my Potc ce ,with all its features and innovations if you like the theme I don't think you can go wrong.

#2057 1 year ago

Poor old getaway, it's a great pin.

#2059 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Just wait and play it. For all we know it might not come out til next year. And like the hobbit, there could be major issues.
You will always be able to play somewhere before you buy it. And you might be able to buy used and save some money.
Don’t be in such a rush to buy something that isn’t even out yet.

Don't listen to that you know it's going to be sick just imagine stealing balls and treasure off your friends. Plus you want that brand new pinball smell. Just go for it.

#2085 1 year ago

I'm finally ready for pirates to start shipping! I have renovated my back room.The pins need a nice place to live. I had to remove 4 doors to get pins in the room. It used to leak and I wanted a big door so I could unbox them in the room so they wouldn't get scratched taking them up stairs and through doorways.I put a picture from Star Wars battlefront on the ceiling to make it feel more like a games room

IMG20171129165136 (resized).jpgIMG20171201124839 (resized).jpgIMG20180109152104 (resized).jpgIMG20180204123420 (resized).jpgIMG20180210175910 (resized).jpgIMG20180218193846 (resized).jpgIMG20180504164130 (resized).jpgIMG20180511152223 (resized).jpgIMG20180525144015 (resized).jpgIMG20180530164849 (resized).jpgIMG20180530164932 (resized).jpgIMG20180701202123 (resized).jpgIMG_20180530_173400 (resized).jpg
#2087 1 year ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

screaminr that's awesome. I can't wait to see a machine or two in there.

If you look really closely you can see a bit of one in there . There is a pirates and a hobbit on the way.
I couldn't agree more with waiting a bit for a feature packed and deep pin.

#2107 1 year ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

You really think that after this is the most innovative after the Removal of the 3 disk and the change to the chest?

Having a lid go up and down on a box doesn't make it innovative choosing a character to play as and being able to plunder off opposition players does make it innovative.

#2112 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The Trunk on Houdini is pretty innovative.
And it goes up and down no problems!

Yes Houdini has a trunk with a lid that goes up and down, so if pirates did the same it wouldn't be innovative would it. PS what makes the Houdini trunk innovative is a ball gets flung the length of the playfield into it.

#2117 1 year ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

. Length of the playfield? Hardly, 20"

Fair point, I haven't played Houdini, i was going off people's description of it. They are coming to oz very soon and I'm keen to check them out.

#2119 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They should know by now when this is shipping, if they truly don’t hen hat means there is some sort of issue that they don’t have figured out yet.
If this thing is delayed anymore I think I’m out and money will be going to Chicago Gaming for one of the remakes.
Trying to remain patient but very frustrating to say the least.

I would prefer to wait however long it takes to have it working 99 % rather than have them rush it and have problems down the track.

#2121 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The point is sort of getting lost here.
Nobody said to ship a product that isn’t ready but if there is a lengthy delay past August they should give the courtesy to their customers and let them know.
Really don’t even need to give a date, just state the obvious.
I’ve been onboard since the beginning but my interest is starting to wane and I can’t be the only one feeling this way.

Get a hobbit then with the new code and then get pirates when it's out..

#2124 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

JJP shipped there first games spring 2013 they have now put out 3 games in 5 yr can they survive at that rate

Well they're still going so I suppose so. quality beats quantity.they make less but charge more so maybe that works for them.

#2125 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My plan B if this festers past oct/nov is to get a MMR.
My hesitation in picking something up in the meantime is the fact that it is an absolute bitch getting machines in and out of my basement. More so getting them out.
Makes me tend not to flip machines often!

I had money down on a mmr but when I compared it to jjp pins it didn't come close in my opinion. With them being so deep I think they would work well in your basement if you like the themes.

#2127 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

The question is not whether they are still going today but what does there future hold at this rate. The same goes for Chicago Gaming and American Pinball the past few yr have not been kind to pinball startups

I know, when you spend so much money on a game I pray they will be there for the long haul. I'm not sure I would want to be an owner of an alien pin at this point in time. But I like the hobbit and pirates that much I'm willing to take the risk.

#2145 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK: removing mainparts from the prototypes and changing designs.

Maybe you should look up the meaning of prototype

#2158 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Hobbit would be a bigger mistake than MMR. Much.

Hobbit every day of the week

#2160 1 year ago

I was watching at World's End on TV last night and they showed when Davy Jones & Will Turner are allowed to come to shore there's a big flash of green light I think it would be a really cool effect if at some point in the game all the lights in the pin flashed green to symbolise that.

#2177 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah I’d be very worried about this title; with dialed in they were fully ready to go; this game with the price hike and stripped features and big delays just doesn’t seem good at all for JJP

Wanker

#2190 1 year ago

It's a legitimate concern. His statement is true. JJP did strip features, they are behind by at least 4 months and they did price it $500 more than DI. Why feel the need to downvote is post and then call him a dick in the next? I don't think he's saying the game is not going to get done, just worried about the effects of the itemized list he mentioned.

In Australia "wanka "is a quick way to say you have a different opinion apologies if anyone was offended

#2198 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

If they get licensing approval to use movie assets such as clips, speech, music, characters, etc.

If they can't get the appropriate assets for a movie I don't think they should bother no matter how good they make pirates it will never be an A+ because of the lack of assets, unlike The Hobbit which in my opinion is a masterpiece of theme integration.

#2202 1 year ago

Just watched the latest stream and when you choose what award you want there is "start hurry up "what's that, and why would they make the hole in the ship smaller it's only been hit a hand full of times in all the streams and still waiting for a clip or animation to go with sinking a ship. Changing the ramps- I like the frosted look but would prefer metal maybe there's something behind them you need to see so that's why they're going clear.

#2209 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The direct hit in the hole should have option 3 shown. There is some incredible footage in the movie of the dauntless getting broadsided and plenty where no actors or voices shown/heard. Just cannons firing with explosions and parts flying!

It should be very simple just use the footage they use for special.

IMG_20180715_144613 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2018-06-23-16-15-15-65 (resized).png
#2210 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

LCD screen changes to that of a ship

I really like the idea of the small screen showing footage of the ship blowing up as well so you know you've got it if you don't have time to look up.

#2214 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Now that is what I’m talking about... would be perfection! Might even need a short ball hold to enjoy that a bit.

I can't believe when you asked them about it they said they were" considering" it it's a no brainer it has to be done and they are obviously allowed to use the footage the game needs more atmosphere as it is

#2250 1 year ago

Just watching the latest stream and the cannon firing animation on the small screen is unreal ,really really good, the cannon moving the smoke and the sound is all excellent .now we just need the equivalent on the back screen to show you destroying a ship.

#2280 1 year ago

Great to see these are finnaly being made .Would have been nice if they had put some pictures here, on their own thread where we have been waiting for the best part of a year, not everyone has face book.

#2292 1 year ago
Quoted from May:

No picture yet of the clear plastic ramps?

Great question a close-up picture of the Playfield would be good

#2314 1 year ago

I assumed just the lead up ramps were going to be clear but the whole Maelstrom bowl is clear like creature and white water.I wonder if liars dice video mode will be ready when they ship or if that will come in a later update.

#2334 1 year ago

What do people think of the sky blue side rails , are they for the LE or Standard version.

#2339 1 year ago

Now I wish I was joking .I didn't think of the protective tape stupid me, thanks guys.

#2348 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

That's disappointing to hear. You would think after the series of design disasters with Dialed In holes chipping and then the months waitinf for an in-house protector design that sucked and was ultimately scrapped, they would have gotten Cliff a jjPotC playfield in advance so he could bulletproof jjPotC from the factory, too. Moving to have his protectors installed from the factory was one of the best things they ever did for their customers.

I saw in a video Jack said they were going to make their own versions of cliffy protectors is that's not happening now ?

#2357 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Video for Dialed In or jjPotC? .

It was the dialled in video

#2360 1 year ago

So if jjp can't show any actors from Disney pirates maybe they should show some footage from this Pirates

IMG_20180731_113331 (resized).jpg
#2361 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

So my wife and I got super special treatment from Jack at JJP with special exclusive permission to take a tour of the JJP production facility and we were the first outsiders (other than JJP employees) to play the first JJPOTC production game off of the line. You're going to love it! A super great experience - the tour, the pinball discussions and stories with Jack, meeting Jen, and ... of course, playing the game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you notice any Cliffy protectors on the game ?