Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (1 year ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1057 1 year ago

I preordered right after playing it at the Chicago Expo through flipnout1 , and I am still in. I don’t have any JJP games yet in my collection, and I still can’t wait for my JJPOTCLE despite the rings being turned into the typical single disc mech. I am kinda in the collector mode of thinking this is Eric’s first game, so why not (after telling Jack that I can’t believe he redid a theme) . Yeah it has 2 less features to it , but if the designer says it is more reliable and he is good with it, I am still in. Keith and Joe are amazing on the software side too, so I know it is going to be a fun game in the lineup! Actually whomever wants to be invited to the Tortuga party in the Louisville area , let me know.

Lastly, it is pirates. Arghhhh!!!!!!!

#1375 1 year ago

I am going from memory on playing JJPOTC in March at LAX, but I thought the compass was the direction of the most rewarding shot (doesn't say exactly what to hit). With the star map and the compass, you could get a good idea of what exactly to aim for maybe? For example if the "P" lane was the most reward, the compass would just point to the left...so you wouldn't know what to exactly hit. But, using the direction and the hint in the stars, you can figure out it is the "P" lane.

Just guessing though

2 months later
#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just read on JJP's Twitter / Facebook that they are streaming Pirates today

Awesome! Thanks for posting as I didn't see it!

1 month later
#2621 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

At the beginning of the game it favors tilting left. The more you get into the game and depending on the mode it will rock more. Eric told me back in April that there is a mechanical adjust on the linkage to favor the angle more in one direction or the other, depending on owner preference. So the tournament type players can favor the average roll angle to the right if they so choose to in order to make the game play up there harder.

I thought he said awhile ago that the ship sways less when you put "Wind in the sails" aka shooting the spinners more on the ship, the less it sways back and forth. I may be mistaken though.

2 weeks later
#2947 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Can't wait until lots more units ship so that an Owner's thread will be created and this thread can finally die. The last 10 or so posts sound like a death-rattle.

I am completely fine with everyone having their own opinions, but also it does seem that this thread is steering a little off course too. I guess for some, the compass pointing to their heart's desire is not pointing to this pin.

There is already a thread started, which I plan to upload some photos of when it arrives:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club

I got my shipment notification from flipnout1 for JJPOTCLE yesterday and it is perfect timing as we just got back from Disneyworld!
I am guessing sometime next week is when it will finally arrive and I will have time to set it up.

So my checklist:

Shipping Notification - done
Get Jack Sparrow hat for the unboxing - done
Escalara for moving to the basement - done
ltg mug - have, but need to find from last year's Expo - todo
Make some room for the new home for awesome pin - todo

#2995 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yes please!
Really needed improvement for OPs!
would love to be able to set happy hour pricing on games

I am definitely not an operator..but this is a very interesting idea. I love the idea off happy hour prices!

#3009 1 year ago

Woohoo! JJPOTCLE in the garage! Of course I don't have time tonight to set it up lol.

20180907_154352 (resized).jpg
#3027 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Bueller..bueller...anybody?
Too many pirate drinks perhaps?

Lol pretty much! I didn't take an unboxing video, but took a lot of pics which I will upload in the club thread shortly. I can say that this game is completely amazing and plays pretty different (better) than the demo games that were out there, which I think the software updates are the reason and it seems way smoother. The circular map graphic looks better too (not as red)?

20180908_162029 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3099 1 year ago

Yeah, not trying to brag or anything as well, but I have had mine setup for a week in my house and have been playing the heck out of it when I get a chance. I can't wait for others to get there's!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside