Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (1 year ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I think resales will be very difficult as people wait to see if a Black Pearl special edition is looming on the horizon. Remember how angry WOZ LE buyers got when WOZRR was announced. If something like that were to happen again, adios to JJP.
POTC has to be a single version release with its attendant CE, LE, & standard models. If they need more time to do that, fine but do it right.

LOL, if you think there WON’T be another special art/trim package down the line then you’re a fool. It’s almost a guarantee! Black Pearl edition with black balls and black armor, ship combat art on cab sides. It’s a no brainer.

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

First everyone complains because pinball companies don't let us see the process. JJP let us see the prototypes and early stages of this machine.
Now, as they work things out, there is complaining that they should have waited and not shown anything until it was ready.
Oh well, you are never going to make everyone happy no matter what you do.

If it wasn’t a feature in the flier and not talked about on all the streams and hyped up then there wouldn’t be as big of a backlash...next release, don’t make the advertising with features that may or may not be on the game (or at least put *features subject to change or be removed)! Other than the rocking ship, it’s arguably the biggest feature on the game. We’re not talking about a minimal item like the chest opening and closing.

#501 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

I haven't seen this mentioned, but Judge Dredd effectively has a 2 "ring" motor. The big deadworld spins in one direction while the planet on top spins in the other direction.
Yes... I know this is only 2 "rings". Also, it spins significantly slower. But something to at least acknowledge.
... Altan

It also was totally scrapped on the production models.

#502 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

[comment removed]

There is only one asshole here...it isn’t Keith.

#639 1 year ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

You know what would have been great? Actually hearing from JJP that they were having some challenges with this disc, before the rug was pulled out from under us. Just recently they’re bragging about it on SDTM and taking it to shows. And then, sorry “no soup for you”. So there’s a collective feel on the buyers side that we were duped. Hearing that “this change is already final” really is a pisser. We, those that were ready to lay down serious coin to purchase, had NO idea what was going on. And we’re supposed to be ok with this? It’s a huge gaffe on their part to assume that projected revenues would be largely unimpacted. Yes, this is where some will say “don’t buy it then”. And that’s what I will probably do, it’ll stop my JJP streak at 3. I think this groundswell is good to send a strong message that this simply isnt the right business or Pinball decision.

Did people pull out of Ghostbusters because the cross the streams mech was removed? I know...it’s a different situation, but it was still scrapped.

Simple solution for you: if you don’t like the game now with a single traditional spinning disc, don’t buy it! It you are stuck with a non-refundable deposit then it’s time to get a new distributor because yours sucks. Or roll your deposit into a different game. Up the Irons!!!!

#665 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

To this day, I'm still devastated that there is no boss gopher under my NGG spinny disc. I'm on my 3rd comfort dog.

Well, it’s a little easier to swallow when the NIB machine costs $2500.

#668 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Customer-
" Your restaurant has quickly gained a reputation as being the best around with no compromise to quality and quantity and the last time we ate here, the food was magnificent! I'd like to order the $100 prime rib and lobster with a ceasar salad and baked potato."
Waiter-
"Thank you, and excellent choice! However that plate now comes with fish sticks, cole slaw, and fries instead of lobster, salad, and baked potato. We have not raised the price though so we are sure you will be most satisfied!"
Customer-
" Just bring me the food, would ya."

It’s a little more like ordering lobster, filet mignon with a Caesar salad and potato and the waiter saying “it’s now lobster and sirloin with a Caesar salad and potato.

It’s mostly the same game.

#1031 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I looked at the playfield on the pictures that are on the JJP website and I think when the trunk is open all the time it will cover up the star display partially, so that feature is also half gone.

Oh snap, you’re right!

#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Have you guys seen the Iron Maiden LE pics?

Yes, but this is the POTC thread...take it elsewhere!

#1381 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The compass points to "your heart's desire" which we interpret as the shot with the highest expected value (meaning the potential of a multiball comes into play vs what a single shot will actually score but doesn't start anything).
The starmap is a rule I wanted to do in Oz. Basically the constellation points to something, and you have to shoot that thing to advance the rule. It's not something that relates to another rule in the game other than get enough constellations and you'll like extra ball.
I wanted to use the crystal ball for this purpose in oz before the design of it got all fouled up.

Awesome...star map is only on LE and CE? Does that mean the rules are different for the Standard?

#1383 1 year ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

Keefer said on stream that you can still do it.
The star map shot, which is also the chapter start shot will brightly illuminate the shot to advance the starmap. So even if you have a standard you can still advance the shot, you just need to hit the chapter select shot to see where it wants you to shoot.

Ah, got it...thanks.

#1412 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I like the boats, but would have made them in the blue, feel like orange is just too much. Personal choice.

I agree, blue would seemingly fit better...maybe that will happen?

#1426 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Now that everyone has moved on from the disc, you all are complaining about the apron color!? Not having enough zeros?! What next? That it has 4 legs?
Awesome to see the code mature with each stream. This will be a great game when complete.

This is a pinball forum where we talk about pinball. Do you like the blue or the orange color better? I prefer blue, but I love the ship design. That’s a legitimate discussion, not a bitch.

I agree that the complaint about the low scoring is a total bitchfest though!!!

#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

JJP after reading the comments about the new apron:

Doubt it...well, maybe a little!

In any case, we all just want this game to be the best it can be. JJP is a company that seems to listen and react to its customers wants. Doesn’t hurt to try either way. Sometimes reading text can take on a different tone than speech. I think we all like the change in art, but prefer a color that doesn’t make the apron pop out from the rest of the game. If this is final it’s not the end of the world either.

My personal complaint about the game is the modes: none of them feel unique to me. There is 100+ modes but none that I’ve seen have any personality. Maybe that is present when playing the game in person? Hopefully, because at this point it seems to be just a stepping stone to the multiballs and not really unique experiences. Maybe the lack of video assets contribute to this feeling. In any case, I really like everything else about the game. Hope to play one in person soon!

#1513 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd say you are close Hilton, except my WAG on Woz would be around the 3k-3500 range

Agree...WOZ has sold all 1000 numbered standards plus some more non-numbered standards, all the 1000 ECLEs, and probably close to if not more than 1000 Ruby Red editions.

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

also just for fun and posterity on this date Iron Maiden already has combined
127/37
I expect that number to grow quickly as LEs/Prems hit homes in the coming month.

IMDN will be a sales juggernaut!

#1528 1 year ago

Can you imagine with a wide body? Ouch!

I can...ever played WOZ?

#1565 1 year ago

And does WoZ have a TSPP reverse flipper mode? That’s what I’m referring to Mr Pimp!

Yes, it does!

#1572 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

has this video been posted yet, went online 15 minutes ago on IGN
"6 crazy pinball innovations in JJP POTC"
http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/05/10/6-crazy-pinball-innovations-in-new-pirates-of-the-caribbean-machine
IGN has a video of the proto games tho they did mention the difference with the trunk and disc not being in the real machines. Not sure what 6 innovations they are talking about.

Pretty poor video.

#1585 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man this pin is losing steam fast.
Gotta be able to announce and start shipping.

Yep, excitement has sailed on this one boys.

1 week later
#1711 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That does look good and appears to be a bit of an upgrade over the laser cut stuff we’ve seen previously.

Way better than the laser cut stuff.

#1769 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Keith, can you shed some light on your avatar pic? I see the obvious main character with what appear to be horns. Was this captured from somewhere?

It’s a LOTR Easter egg.

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

My wife told me that she no longer wants me exposed to this thread. I am sorry, but I will have to drain if as she will be checking my iPad later this afternoon.
For those who ordered, I hope you enjoy your game. Please excuse me while I begin the search for my testicles.

LOL

#1851 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

ce is just ridiculous. i dont see where the extra 3500 goes. i mean the dialed in ce people just got their jackets and havent even gotten their dinner yet. it is just an awful money grab and i wish that buyers would stay away from that like superman with kryptonite.

It’s sucker bait...I’d charge that much too if I were JJP. Milk those fools!

#1871 1 year ago

The chest thing is definitely weird...why not keep it closed until you actually can shoot into it? That would keep the mech and eliminate the rejects. Was there a problem with that method?

1 week later
#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just read in the latest Pinball Magazine Newsletter that POTC will be David Thiels last JJP game (at least for a while) as he signed a 3 year deal with Deeproot Pinball. David is easily one of the best pinball sound editors / artists that there's every been. His work on Hobbit and Dialed In is among the best in pinball and POTC looks, or I should say sounds, like it will be another hit. I hope he comes back to JJP when his time at Deeproot Pinball is over with.
I wonder with David leaving if Chris Granner (LOTR, WOZ, etc) will come back to JJP for their titles following POTC?

That’s sad news as DT is a master at his craft! Will be big shoes to fill. Chris Granner would’ve a great return.

1 month later
#2185 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

If they're ever getting to Jack's goal of 3 games a year, that will have to happen eventually. BUT, the gap between announcement and shipment needs to be much, much tighter. 2-3 months at the most.
I'm sure JJP will get there, but it's a steep learning curve with lots of (literal) moving parts. I just want PotC out so we can get to Wonka.

Agree except for that last sentence. Wonka?? No thanks, even if it’s the Gene Wilder version.

#2194 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Someone with your collection doesn't want a Wonka? Wow.

Well, never say never...but that theme does zero for me. I do own several games with questionable themes (Flintstones, Road Show), though those games were relatively cheap. It’s easier to look past theme if it’s cheap enough. At $9500 I better love that theme though!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside