Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (1 year ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1019 1 year ago

JJPOTC looks like a great pin either way, but I am still really disappointed at the loss of the three disks. The whole thing makes me think of this:

2 weeks later
#1495 1 year ago

I really have no knowledge in this area, but wouldn’t 1000 or more preorders be huge? First of all, we are talking about a subset of the pinball population who buys NIB, and the most expensive NIB games at that. Then, we are talking about those who plunk down money (albeit refundable) on a game they haven’t played, or played very little of, even though it will be sold for years and there is no risk in not getting one at some point. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure JJP will sell well in excess of 2000 or 3000 games. I would just be really surprised if there are that many who actually preorder.

#1578 1 year ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Is no one else bothered by the fact that the ship rocks from side to side and not front to back? Sailing ships were built and the rigging braced with forward to back roll in mind, whereas a strong sideways roll could rapidly break her stays and dismast a ship, if she didn't broach to first.

I think we can allow some creative license on that.

#1581 1 year ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Well that will teach me I gotta play more!

I’ve only made it there once or perhaps twice. It is tough to achieve.

1 month later
#2074 1 year ago

I finally got to play this at Pintastic. Unfortunately, I find that the JJP games that are brought to most shows have their flipper power dialed down, so it makes it hard to get a good feel for the game. Still, I was very impressed, and it seemed like there was a lot going on on the playfield. I played one of the older prototypes with the 3 disks, but the disks didn't work very well. And, I really didn't pay attention to that mech that much because there was so much else to do. I think this is going to be a huge seller for JJP once people start getting their hands on it, and it gets set up properly.

#2084 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

I just don’t understand Eric’s thinking on this game he has divertors everywhere on this thing but none for the right ramp; that should have been one of the first things in the game; ohh well

I don’t understand the rationale for a diverter on the right ramp. What do you mean?

1 week later
#2152 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

They still have not sold out of there money grab model of DI and that run is only 150 games

But that's for the extreme collector, is much higher in price than the next model and really doesn't come with anything more in terms of game. I believe JJP sells more LEs than standards even though it is the same game. They know their market, and they know how to price. If this wasn't working for them, they would not be about to launch their 4th pin and actively designing two others.

#2155 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

With $8000 being JJP lowest price point for his games all are for the extreme collector non-pinheads would find $5300/$5400 for a Stern Pro extreme.

I wouldn’t consider myself an extreme collector. I only have 4 pins, and 2 are JJP. If I get another, I will sell one to fund it. In that way, it is only an incremental cost to me from here on out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside