IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 6 years ago

Drats!!!! Not what I was expecting, but will wait for a bit before bailing...really wanted that disc, as I'm sure Eric did.....

#146 6 years ago

Moving triple disc to that = out for me....a sad day, and another CE spot for someone......really, really wanted this pin.....mark

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Including the ship in a bottle topper for LE owners would be a fair trade off.

Another reason to NOT be in on a CE.....might as well offer 1 version, then accessorize as you see fit.

The game has now changed with a major/ unique functionality being removed.

Wish Eric and team the best, but now must wait for JJP #5 ( if Toy Story then #6). Drats......

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm not going to keep telling people not to be upset though. Big money in play with these things these days. Whatever tilts your scale is up to you. But as far as playability and maintenance goes, this is a positive step. It's just a bummer for aesthetic appeal.

It was far more than aesthetic appeal for me...I actually play the games....having the innovation AND reliability justified the hefty price tag.

Can't put vaporware on an item, presell it, then take it off. R&D with due diligence should have been established already. Unless it's a coding thing, this is a major deal here....

#222 6 years ago

And to be clear...I REALLY, REALLY like Eric, and was super excited for this, his first game ( he was a primary reason of me going for a CE without even touching it). We really went through it w early WOZ, and forever grateful for his (and JJP's) efforts.

I think proper mitigation needed to be in place for a change of this magnitude (maybe there is, but maybe there's not).

Just a sad PB day for me, in this regards....

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I highly doubt even a majority of those 88 have one on order (it's a blind poll), and how many of those who do have actually called / emailed to cancel?

I was one that did, and have emailed my cancellation...

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, just read in one of the other threads about another Pinside member saying they just sent a cancellation email.

Truly hated to....envisioned it being a landmark game to compliment my WOZ....most I'd ever spent on a single game....that disc was beyond cool.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

In all seriousness I wonder if people canceled their orders due to the update.

Yes

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I know of one for sure too. I just got the refund (minus fees) posted to my paypal account. Joe at PinballStar was very understanding.

Mike and April at Automated were also more than understanding, and instantly issued the credit.

#475 6 years ago

WOZ had MAJOR problems upon delivery...to JJP's credit, they stuck it out, removed no feature, and worked through the problems. Am convinced to this day they lost $$$ on the early ones, but now have a cornerstone machine. For whatever reason, not the path chosen here. Is what it is.....

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

WOZ was different since people had made payments for something expected. Plus, it's a lot harder to play a game without lights than what we're talking about here.

Just saw this...and no one is a bigger fan of your contributions to the hobby and professionalism than I. Alot of that came from your ( and JJP's) relentless pursuit of perfection in WOZ. Many who buy it now just think it's an awesome, rock solid machine, which it is. This took herculean efforts on many fronts by you and others for a reasonable time to get it as good as it is, imho. Mine never leaves.

As minor as that disc may be considered by some, I truly considered it an integral part of the experience, and something that, as code developed, would just be on another level. It truly meant alot to me, and removing it = removed me from the CE. Zero hard feelings, and didn't lose a dime, just super bummed for whatever reason it was yanked. Really wanted this game.

Thanks for jumping in regardless...anxious for another JJP in my lineup....best....mark

#843 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why is it that people that have not Made an investment in the subject always have the most criticism on how others should feel about their investment or what is fair? I canceled my CE based on my justification of what was expected. It's called managing expectations. I do still have an LE on tentative order awaiting final final final reveal but for me as a Buyer the CE is absolutely not worth the 12.5K any longer. That is a buyers assessment and feeling.

Tends to be an acceptable, even encouraged practice oddly. And it is ALWAYS condescending, judgmental, combative, etc. towards the buyers. Incredibly unhealthy. "You don't have to own the game to have an opinion" = CORRECT. Empowering yourself to judge or attack the PEOPLE that have posted an opinion that differs is simply wrong.

I don't have to justify, rationalize, explain to anyone here regarding my choices regarding favorite machines, how much I paid, etc.

This machine had a major feature (imo) removed, and I no longer want it.....done

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.