IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Unless this happens, I'm seriously considering other options now.

It might be simpler to just drop the price by 1K.

The price drop might also help overall sales.

#82 6 years ago

It's tough to try and pull off a last minute change like this at $9,500 per game.

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from Slingshot:

Just want to remind most most of you that there is a "Preview post" button. Use it, make your scathing, unapologetic post then, review and delete it. It does help, and it feels good.
If you take offense to this, well then...

I think when you are asking folks to part with 9K-12.5K, you had better have a game which warrants the price or some very thick skin.

#735 6 years ago

What a punch to the nuts.

The excitement and anticipation appears to be over for most.

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What else do you expect them to do,when you realize you have a issue you feel can’t be fixed
Not a perfect world at all

At $9,500-$12,500, buyers expect much more than what is being delivered.

#801 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Finally a wake up call?

Yes.

#830 6 years ago
Quoted from Tucks:

Wow. 17 pages on a spinning disc(s). Some people on here need to get a grip. It's still a great game that JJP are obviously making more reliable for their customers. Just a thought but why no give them some positive comments and help the people that create and further your hobby rather than shoot them down. Makes no sense to me.

Crying? There's no crying in pinball manufacturing.

I am sorry, but at $9,500-$12,500 the kid gloves come off. At that price level you need to be perfect and really knock people's socks off. Does that make sense to you?

#896 6 years ago

Well, let's move on to the next one. No sense dwelling on the past.

#973 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

"*Specifications and Features Subject to Change".

And so are people's minds.

#975 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, they tried and the game is still packed with a lot of cool stuff. I may consider buying one a year from now after seeing how the code develops and what fixes are implemented (if any) to early production games.

It will be interesting to see where HUO prices are a year after delivery.

I recently picked up an HUO Smaug (No Radcals) for $6,200 and I would be surprised if JJPOTC drops that much.

#998 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I feel like once people get over the personal hurt and affront they are feeling and actually play the game, the tide will turn back a bit and many will be back in.
Happens every time.

Maybe, I guess we'll see.

I think JJP has hit the ceiling with pricing and at 10K (including shipping) folks will not accept what they perceive (rightly or wrongly) as a compromised machine.

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree with both of these statements. The only advice I can give is this: If the 3 spinning disk is why you purchased the pirates and it's no longer available, DON'T BUY IT!!! MOVE ON!!!

I think that is what has happened here.

The buzz is all but dead for the game now. Hopefully, things will change after it is released.

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Speaking as a collector and enthusiast, I'd rather see companies take some innovative risks, and occasionally have to reverse course then see them always take the safe path.

I don't necessarily disagree, but at these price points ($9,500-$12,500) good intentions don't carry much weight.

#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Keep raising prices and taking assets away. See how that works out long term.
Just listened to the Jack interview. They are just getting the game out and when NON Pinside people find out about Potc around xmas time and never even knew about the spinning disc issue, it won't matter. "People love our games".
It's an unbelievable load of shit.

I am sure he doesn't really believe that.

I look forward to listening later tonight.

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

You do realize what you are defending is you preordering your Bentley with Corinthian leather, they release it with vinyl seats and charge you the same right?

Corinthian leather? Of course, why not the best?

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Relax Taz.
Let me sum it up for you and then we can move on.
I showered love on JJP non stop for years starting in 2013 as a day one Woz buyer.
I used to give Jack the benefit of the doubt. I'm a bit more skeptical these days based on the history of actions and comments.
All that said, let's be clear, POTC still looks like a fantastic game!!! And i feel bad for the whole team.
The way it was announced by feeding Eric to the wolves and calling it "minor tweaks update" was BS. Jack is the head of the company, be straight with us and not shady.
He does the interview, says he's sorry and then offers nothing for removing 2 main features from the game.
How about dropping the price $500 back to DI levels?
Love the people, love the pin, hate the BS way it was handled.
Period.

Great post.

#1233 6 years ago

CE - $12,500 (Firm)

#1250 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Once those got watered down the whole thing became a disappointment.

Hopefully, Toy Story will be a different outcome.

1 week later
#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You left out a lot of stuff.
Depp's agents and attorneys get paid. JJP's attorneys get paid to do all the foot work.
Then what ever you use or add in, has to be approved by Disney. What if they say NO ? $100K plus costs and programming wasted and back to square one.
Then consider some if not all of the other 23 characters. What a F'ing nightmare.
This has been done to death in previous threads and posts.
LTG : )

If 9.5K a pop can't get that done, it may be time to reassess the practicality of many licensed themes.

Does the theme provide enough bang for the buck?

#1537 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

The fact that hobbit black arrow is being made means they sold all 1500 LEs..
Then smaug is 0 to 1500
And some black arrows...
I think hobbit would be about 2k unit's plus

Maybe the LE sales slowed down so much that JJP decided to create Black Arrow decals to help push out the machines that had no buyers. In other words, maybe some of the machines which were destined to be LEs were transformed into Black Arrows.

Is it possible that not all of the 1,500 LEs were even built?

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from thedoctor:

Mmh, been following JJPPOTC for a while, started off really excited but I think I'm done now... final product doesn't look much more than a ripoff of Black Rose. Going to invest elsewhere, sorry JJP.

Invest?

2 weeks later
#1820 5 years ago

My wife told me that she no longer wants me exposed to this thread. I am sorry, but I will have to drain if as she will be checking my iPad later this afternoon.

For those who ordered, I hope you enjoy your game. Please excuse me while I begin the search for my testicles.

1 week later
#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hard to make a real pirate game without any of these.
I think they could get away with the cannon shooting ships mode since they do have cannons in game.
Doesn’t the Singapore chapter scene show guns on a table or did I not see it correctly?

But think how simple it will be to make a fake pirate game.

Behind every cloud......

1 month later
#2315 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Trunk lid in rear of the game is fixed open. Spinning discs replaced with one spinning disc.
Trunk from three feet away when you are playing it, you wouldn't see anyway. The spinning discs are now on the big screen in the head, doing what they would have been doing. And the single disc does a way better job at slinging the ball.
So a lot more was in fact added.
LTG : )

God bless that glass half full attitude. More folks should have it.

1 month later
#2843 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta agree here, love my Woz "ECLE" but at 1000 and different versions its in no way "limited".
They need to come up with different terminology, Stern too.
The "Davey Jones edition", "The Black Pearl", "Ruby Red" (oh wait they already did that one)
When you see a DICE not selling at a big discount on the secondary market that doesn't inspire confidence at $12.5k.
I love the topper and look of the CE but I'll wait and get it second hand for less if i'm still in the market for one.
Either way, its great to see these games finally starting to ship!!!

I throw away a lot of money on silly things, but the CE seems like a 3K screw job.

#2892 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

New week and new month, are we going to see anything ship to homeowners this week?

No.

Nothing ever gets done the week of Labor Day.

#2904 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm paid up for my machine so I won't be at ease til it's sitting in my Game room.

You don't seem like the kind of guy who has the stomach for preordering.

You will definitely get your machine, but it will take much longer than you would like.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 38.00
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=mike_j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.