IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jointhecirqus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

There is only one asshole here...it isn’t Keith.

Yes but he’s not helping the situation.

#550 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I didn't see anything wrong with any of his comments here - concise, to the point, with zero attitude. I thought we wanted to hear from people at these companies, right?

He’s referring to WoZ down payments being different than POTC down payments. Totally disagree. Money paid on anything in advance takes away another opportunity to use those funds. Accepting the money is a promise to someone to deliver the agreed upon product.

#638 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Nobody knows as of now. It's a big question mark if they will even stream tomorrow. Keefer posted again. Once again inferring this change is already final. I sure not. I at least hope it's up for some debate.

You know what would have been great? Actually hearing from JJP that they were having some challenges with this disc, before the rug was pulled out from under us. Just recently they’re bragging about it on SDTM and taking it to shows. And then, sorry “no soup for you”. So there’s a collective feel on the buyers side that we were duped. Hearing that “this change is already final” really is a pisser. We, those that were ready to lay down serious coin to purchase, had NO idea what was going on. And we’re supposed to be ok with this? It’s a huge gaffe on their part to assume that projected revenues would be largely unimpacted. Yes, this is where some will say “don’t buy it then”. And that’s what I will probably do, it’ll stop my JJP streak at 3. I think this groundswell is good to send a strong message that this simply isnt the right business or Pinball decision.

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Did people pull out of Ghostbusters because the cross the streams mech was removed? I know...it’s a different situation, but it was still scrapped.
Simple solution for you: if you don’t like the game now with a single traditional spinning disc, don’t buy it! It you are stuck with a non-refundable deposit then it’s time to get a new distributor because yours sucks. Or roll your deposit into a different game. Up the Irons!!!!

Yes I already covered the fact that anyone can just simply choose to not buy it, thanks for the repeat. I’m ready for some non-rock band pins!

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

What if they took out the fast spinning feature completely and have the disc spin at low speed to award the combinations in a swaying motion like water in a glass on a ship...sway left a bit, the right alot, then left alot, then right a bit and settle on the awards. So outer ring spins left, inner ring spins right, center right spins left and make it the primary function of the disc. I could get behind that. If you take the spinning out of the fast spiining out of the equation they could perhaps keep the mech. Plus I would be cool and alot sacrifice fast spinning

Seems reasonable from the armchair quarterback position. Several posts have mentioned it. For some reason JJP either couldn’t figure that out or chose not to pursue it, we’ll likely never know the answer.

#964 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I prefer reveals when the game is ready to ship.

Word!

#1225 6 years ago

I understand Jack feels bad about the situation, but we the customer are bearing the brunt of the pain. The price didn’t decrease, there wasn’t anything else added to the game. The BOM drops now as well with these adjustments. So JJP gets made “whole” at their new +$500 price point, and the game has been significantly reduced. That should not be acceptable to this community. The pin should have a mix of good software, fun play field, excellent animations, and innovative toys/mechs. It sounds like some of those items are going to be well done, but it’s going to fall very short on toys/mechs. The bar should be very high for a $9500 discretionary expenditure. I do look forward to playing it, perhaps it’s strong points will be enough to overcome this debacle.

1 week later
#1526 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What about drunken sailor mode with opposite flippers, the pin does need a bit more humour. Arrr frenzy is a good start.

Can you imagine with a wide body? Ouch!

#1552 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I can...ever played WOZ?

And does WoZ have a TSPP reverse flipper mode? That’s what I’m referring to Mr Pimp!

#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

There is a reverse flipper mode in WOZ obtained through the crystal ball - one of the last modes you can get through that.

Well that will teach me I gotta play more!

2 weeks later
#1866 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

So when do they plan to start shipping these then I still can’t belive that the game now has stripped features and they are still charging 500$ more.

You are 100% correct!

1 month later
#2104 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Innovation takes time. I love the fact that JJP takes chances to introduce never-seen-before elements to a machine, but in doing so you run the risk of pushing back release dates. It's my opinion that POTC is the most-innovative game ever released, but that means tons of testing & trial-and-error. Every time something doesn't work right, that means "back to the drawing board" and the date gets pushed back yet again.
Personally, I'd rather they take their sweet time to make sure they get everything right. If it takes an extra 8 months to make a near-perfect machine, then so-be-it.

They put a ton of RnD into this one and are on the final stages of a finished product. No way they abandon it.
I'd also like one of their future games to be cheaper and more original. I am hoping they see the success of Spooky making TNA and consider making a machine that's like a retro/throwback. But as long as people keep buying games at 8k, 9k, 10k+... why stop?
screaminr that's awesome. I can't wait to see a machine or two in there.

You really think that after this is the most innovative after the Removal of the 3 disk and the change to the chest?

#2105 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm starting to wonder if the opposite is true, has some sort of new issue popped up that we haven't seen anything for 2 weeks?

Maybe they’re going to make another “tweak” and remove something else, let’s say the flippers.

#2106 5 years ago

Yeah 2 pissy posts in a row. I own the first 3 JJPs, just disillusioned on this whole POTC process.

1 week later
#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The Chicago office is proud of the work they have done on programming for POTC and Hobbit, and have been showing it.
LTG : )

If the code progression on the Hobbit is a barometer, they’re probably making great strides on the JJPOTC programming as well. It takes longer than we think it should, but the end product has been very good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jointhecirqus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=jointhecirqus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.