New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 214634)

JJPOTC Updates for Production

By Hogbog

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (2 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (2 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (2 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heni1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 2 years ago

Just throwing this out there because I don’t know if it would work but. What about magnets driving the the disks and only having two spinning disks. I am thinking something along the lines of the maglev train. Disks would still only spin one way and would not need a huge driver to operate this.

#126 2 years ago

I think this could be a winner with a little more time for R&D. I think the spinning disks were a big part of this extremely cool pin!

A8586069-4AA9-4D69-B448-0835050FED9E (resized).png

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Spinnergate.
This was supposed to be my first JJP as well

Spinnergate!
I deff think the key to this game is the spinners, not so much the chest. We have faith in you Eric you can do better than the spinning pizza!
Was going to be my first JJP and NIB to boot!!!!

#217 2 years ago

I think they could deff keep working on it and offer it later as a add on.

#320 2 years ago

This could be a possibility, programming the discs into this. It would take away the actual moving part feature but would still satisfy the customer base better than a large pizza. And if the pf is already in house and made it would only be a slight fix to get these in.

#357 2 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

last minute band aid

It going to be one expensive band aid!

#435 2 years ago

Who is Black Sabbath?
The discs is what was really cool and innovative. Kinda like the star field on Star Trek that was flipping the coolest thing I had seen in awhile!

#530 2 years ago

This thread will be 10k before Wednesday!

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

(having the center ring be an LED screen with the moving circle around it

I agree with this concept. They could also add to it later down the road with even cooler stuff. A short maelstrom clip, or a cannonball explosion when you hit the ship.

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Don't think JJP would have run 1000 playfields

I agree, with all the testing that was still needing done and coding, I would think the most they made was twenty maybe even fifty.

#674 2 years ago

Drooling with anticipation right now!!!!!

#677 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Are you sure you don't mean Central Daylight Time

LTG always know’s what he means!!!!!
He could probably even get away with talking in the third person!

#685 2 years ago

28 minutes to me sitting in the parking lot at work watching a live stream! Well I guess there is a first for everything!!

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

.....but the machine spins around

Did that one already last year at pinball life party!!!

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

I thought this and related threads would start to die off now that we have the final answers

#Spinnergate has only just begun!

#860 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Like Stern, Apple usually doesn't show something till it's close to shipping

Did they not do this with Batman 66? I remember going to expo two years ago and just being able to look at Batman. And did you see the price tag on that
I am still in for my LE. And here is why, The game still has a lot going for it. The rocking ship with cannon is still awesome!! The coding is shaping up really good with 5 wizard modes and a 6th on its way to being done, if its not already. 22 different characters to choose from with each having its own perk. Granted it won't have the wow factor of the 3 discs but as eric said no one could be as unhappy about that as him!!!!
I do wish they would have gotten the treasure chest to work and who knows maybe they will. There is still time before production, I thought it was mentioned that production would start in may. But with DI now becoming so popular they may hold off a little longer.

#868 2 years ago

I will take D panzer. Just because people put a lot of things in pipes and smoke them!

#870 2 years ago

They probably just got it updated on you tube.

#887 2 years ago

AAAAAAAAnd who is doing a mod for the trunk??

#952 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Enjoy your new game

That’s was so pretty!

#955 2 years ago

I am just enjoying the fact that I have read every post in this thread. The only other one this long that I read almost every one was Vids Awesome Guides Collected!

#963 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Honestly nobody here has any idea what they are talking about.

Waaaaaaaat!
I gotsa idier!

#1153 2 years ago

I do not understand why they can not put a solenoid to drive the chest door and tie it into the fork that actuates. So when ball lock is ready the fork comes up which sends the signal the solenoid to open the chest. Then close when the fork is down. But then again I truly don't know how the balls are released in multi ball. There may not be enough room below PF to install that.
I get he spinning discs though, unfortunately. But I commend them on not putting something out there that they know is going to break!!

#1162 2 years ago

What is this reverse polarity you speak of!!!

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I know they said summer but that can be anywhere from late May-Sept

Or late Nov if you live in Illinois!

#1374 2 years ago

Glad the apron was a proto!!!!!!
It is really coming along! Super excited to get my first NIB and first from JJP!
Now how about a veterans discount

#1401 2 years ago

Way cooler

#1404 2 years ago

Twitch tv.
Should be uploaded to YouTube tomorrow or possibly tonight.

#1453 2 years ago

I thought I heard Eric say something about Disney still having to agree to some stuff. So we might still get lucky and get some more out of Disney.

#1477 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What about drunken sailor mode with opposite flippers

That is a cool idea!

#1573 2 years ago

I am so Fing stoked! I can not wait to have a pinball machine delivered in its box! "My first NIB".l I get that fresh from the factory smell with it!

#1635 2 years ago

I agree as well!!!! Layout is great and code is awesome, lots of toys still left on this game. And still a lot more that can be done if keefer is allowed to continue doing code. some more integration with the camera would be cool. Maybe even something goofy like overlapping a pic on a dancing pirate? Okay maybe that's too much, lol
And I did watch Dead men tell no tales yesterday evening.

#1637 2 years ago

Woot,woot!

1 week later
#1713 2 years ago

Yes basic powder coat black. I will be installing different ones.

#1718 2 years ago

Maybe when its all lite up it looks like real flames? It is deff cheesy to be having the same thing above but in reverse order. A laser cut light up black pearl would be nicer!!!! I am still getting my LE! Maybe I can sell the topper to recoup some cash!

#1719 2 years ago

And what ever happened to the side art protectors at the flippers. I guess that will have be mylared when I install lighted flipper buttons!!!!

#1720 2 years ago

I will be expecting something cool from Aurich!!!!!

#1724 2 years ago

Holy moley! That smacks the s&*^ out of the one from jjp!!!!

#1726 2 years ago

Totally agree with you! My stern ST prem has them and is much cooler with them!!

#1730 2 years ago

Maybe we can get Aurich to do a Miss Swan and Carina smyth apron decal! LOL
All jokes aside the coding, mechs and game play are great guys!! We all wish things could be better but that ship has sailed! Pun intended!

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

look down the back of the couch for some 'spare cash'

I don't have that many couches!

#1759 2 years ago

I would take that over the one that was shown!!!!!

#1792 2 years ago

Back to topic!!!!! is the new video on youtube yet?

#1794 2 years ago

Yes there is a 6th wizard mode. I do not know if it is coded yet though.

#1822 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Please excuse me while I begin the search for my testicles

Don't worry we have all been there.

#1847 2 years ago

Wonder what they will ask for ST prem

#1869 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That's because imdn is the best machine since ngg.

You know what opinions are like right!!! Layout is over used nothing real special about a lifting ramp. And the I feel like I am playing LOTR every time I shoot the center ramp shot! Don't get me wrong I love the theme and music! But deff not the best machine by far!!!

Quoted from Psw757:

is that they can't get the treasure chest to work as intended

Totally agree on this! That should be one of the easy fixes!!! I can understand about the discs as it was becoming a poor mech and not lasting!

Quoted from dnaman:

I was elated to see four flippers for Stern but would love to see a widebody

I would as well, but I don't think it's in Stern's budget!

1 week later
#1970 2 years ago

Off topic, But I want to thank KingBW and his wife! 2yrs ago I went to the signing at expo unprepared! As KingBW and his wife were standing in front of me we got to talking about what we had to sign and the normal pinhead stuff. We both had either a F-14 or Star Trek translit to be signed can't remember which. Anywho they had a selection of markers to be used for Steve to sign with and I did not. They gratefully allowed me to use one to have my translits signed. Thank You, very much! Great people are a rare commodity in these times!!!!
Pinball On!

1 week later
#2017 2 years ago

Those went fast! I wonder how long before you have more??

#2020 2 years ago

I am hoping for xmas. That way when I get it early I will get a surprise !

#2021 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They are back in stock from our store

Will be ordering today!!!!!!

#2033 2 years ago

Wonder if the flow chart will be something you can view on the monitor? Either in game or in attract mode?

#2034 2 years ago

And if not will it be poster style and come in the NIB. So I can frame it for the kids to know some of the flows. Since I have kids old enough now that they are trying to learn more about scoring. They are kicking the heck out of star trek right now since they have learned the rule set.

#2037 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Pretty sure it is on all their games

Cool, This is the first jjp pin that really draws me in! Not a big fan of the movies, but I love the water and boats and pirates in general! Arrrrrrg! This is my little pirate ship!

#2041 2 years ago

I will try again.

9ADE6743-A207-40FC-ACCB-BF0AE7C2C065 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2283 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

How would you know, are you related or something?

#2284 2 years ago

Stoked can't wait for mine!!!

#2293 2 years ago

That would be awesome of Eric!

#2294 2 years ago

I wonder if we could get him to do a live video with Jack playing a game?

#2384 2 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for the write up and congrats on getting to hang with the JJP crew! Could not have happened to a better couple of really nice folks!

#2407 2 years ago

I am done with the humbug about POTC! I will just wait for my first NIB pin and that NIB smell. As this will be my only NIB I ever buy!
They have done a great job and POTC will stand out as a great pin for years to come! It was unfortunate about the changes but they came up with some cool effects for it. The code is awesome minus a vid for the sinking ship!
Lets wait to get our pins and then we can discuss more about what adjustments, fixes, code work, then. Who is starting a POTC fix it thread? LOL

#2409 2 years ago

Yea, I waited for awhile before my NIB purchase. I almost went with ST LE but I did not have the funds at the time. When I saw POTC at the reveal and played it, I knew that this one had to be it!
Although I was sad to see the change on the spinning disk, I would rather have a functioning pin, then something I have to work on a lot. I already have two of those space station and F-14,

#2440 2 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

lighted flipper buttons and pingulps are mandatory for me

Me too! I like the look of lighted flipper buttons. And the lighted shooter housing to go along with it!!

#2491 2 years ago

I agree! You should deff have 1 of the first 3 off the line!

#2503 2 years ago

Mmmmmmm, can't wait to smell that NIB smell, that I have never smelt!

#2532 2 years ago

Uhmmm, pretty sure that’s a LE.

#2541 2 years ago

I am a stout man myself! But like a good ipa every now and then.

#2581 2 years ago

How often is the shaker going, modes, bumpers, starting multi ball?

#2630 2 years ago

The real question should be, Why does LTG not have his yet?

#2692 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

turn up the heater and it's pizza for dinner tonight.

And this is bad how? My wifes always turning down the heater, telling me I can only have one pin on at a time. Talking about how we spend to much for electricity!!!

#2698 2 years ago

I have been put on lock down too after pirates. She said she wants to go the Grand Canyon, And i am like why do you want to go see a big hole in the ground!
Yep, Back in the dog house! lol

#2705 2 years ago

I agree with LTG!

#2711 2 years ago

Book of Faces! Me and wife are GOT fans!

#2741 2 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

I wanted a certain number

420?
69?

On a serious note, Is there going to be a separate thread for bugs and fixes? I think there should be, with LTG leading the way. We all know that eventually Eric will be on to the next pin, (I am keeping my fingers crossed for Goonies)!

#2753 2 years ago

I certainly hope its not 20+ a week. I work in a factory that is basically a assembly line. I fix what they screw up! And The cheapest piece of machinery we have starts at 750,000.
When you push production instead of quality you end up with a pile o poopy!!! People become complacent at a job they do over and over. Like the really quick soldering on hundreds of coils. Which then break during early game plays. I can be patient for a quality product.

#2777 2 years ago

Caged cow with a eye patch that goes arrrgh!

#2778 2 years ago

I will probably have to delay mine as well. Seeing as how I had to have a new electrical box installed in my house!
Something about a code and having it in your bathroom.

#2799 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did I mention that I’m really anxious to get my damn game already!

Could not really tell, no!

#2810 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

. It was unnecessary and unprofessional and for that I apologize to you and to Jack

Kissing a$$ will not help you get your game any faster.
Just kidding!!!!

#2879 2 years ago

Made it to level 257 today

62ECC58A-C5FE-419B-9806-5BFD1D232AB2 (resized).jpeg81E62ECE-5BB6-4D3E-9134-2C0846A002B4 (resized).jpeg
#2884 2 years ago

I think the bayou hole is going to need something. It looked like is was taking some wear.

#2890 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

when is the release party

I have no clue. We were headed to a wedding in the NW burbs, so we did a little swing through.

#2905 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think this game is a mis-step for JJ.

It's a great day in America when we can all share are opinions and not be drawn and quartered for it!!!!

#2940 2 years ago

It is a home run game for some folks!
I agree with dr, on a few things, but I am not going to write 4 or 5 paragraphs stating why I do and don't. I don't type that fast and would probably screw up some words and have the grammer police on my a$$.
Hopefully this does not turn into a GB debacle where folks are at each flippers!
I know that JJP puts out games that have a lot to them. I would get a DI but I would really like a widebody game as I don't have one, and pirates is a theme I can dig! Because I love the water and boats. We even have a little sail boat!
Time will tell how well pirates does and what JJ's plan of attack will be for the next pin. Still stoked for Eric and crew you guys have done a great job!

#2987 2 years ago

Pretty sure the wife won't allow that mod!

#3019 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Of course I don't have time tonight to set it up

I would not be able to sleep till it was set up and had the first game!!!!!

#3022 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Something weird going on here

#3040 2 years ago

I am thinking this as well. I think JJP will wait till they are closer to a complete project. Maybe a hint at what their next title will be.

#3059 2 years ago

Dude, I must have double vision or something! Two of them?

1 week later
#3110 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I haven't asked about deliveries here for 10 days,

I have not asked in over 20 days, but then again I will prob get mine as a xmas gift from my own pocket. Which is currently still saving for it!

2 weeks later
#3158 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'd be off to the Pinball Hall of Fame

Was on vacation there last week. Wife and I spent 4 days at the grand canyon and two in vegas. Only good thing in vegas is the pinball hall of fame. At least in my opinion.

#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've already seen it after watching the Road Runner cartoons and The Brady Bunch .

LOL, No it is much better then that! I think the wife was trying to kill me off, We walked about 60 miles in four days. Including down into the canyon which has even better views!!

#3190 2 years ago

Just waiting to hear from PsW now!
Sorry had to poke a little fun at you!

#3228 2 years ago

I will be swapping buttons any way as I like the lighted buttons better!

1 week later
#3240 2 years ago

Don’t show the goodies. I want to be surprised. Couple more weeks for me.

#3245 2 years ago

Truly sucks missing expo this year, seems like its going to be the best one thats happened for awhile.

#3268 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats I too got the call

Me too, now the forever wait begins, hoping in two weeks to be set up and first game played!!

#3290 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

6 more LE's going out to customers this week

I am hoping one of those are headed my way!!!

#3316 2 years ago

You won't regret it!!!! This pin is Amazing!!!
Great job Eric and team!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Palm Beach, FL
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Art of Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heni1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside