IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#233 6 years ago

I really hope they will revise the price point since removing those two features. The spinning disc for me was an awesome feature. The new artwork on the disc doesn't fit. The opening chest was also cool. I was in before this announcement, now I feel like I've moved in the other direction. Maybe get meeself a MMR. The wind in JJP's sales just died down.

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Reliability is not an added feature- it was assumed when buyers put deposits down so let's let people be a bit disappointed. You know sometimes people are dissapointed because they are just dissapointed in something that is disappointing not because we're "pinsiders". I'm sure JJP is dissapointed too.

Jack Sparrow is that you?

#290 6 years ago

Why not keep the closing trunk in but reverse the rolls. Leave the trunk open u til multiball and then close it when multiball is ready? That would still keep the interaction and feel like they are just removing one thing. Better have a moving trunk than nothing at all.

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't know - if I had money in, and they TOOK AWAY a major feature and replaced it with nothing, I would be upset. I understand it's more reliable but if that was the case, why not remove all the other features so that they really reduce the likelihood of error.
Something about this doesn't sound right. On it's face it sounds like a margin move to me - meaning let's make a better margin per unit so why not make it a big pizza?

They cant be that stupid. I already contact my distributor and told them unless something else is done. Im out.

#580 6 years ago

Another option would be to close the hole all together, rejig the art on the playfield. Reduce the price and compete even more with AP's houdini? Just a thought.

#584 6 years ago

Pricing needs to be factored in if they decide to remove the mech. You can't charge for something you remove, the perception from clients won't be good.

#645 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Did people pull out of Ghostbusters because the cross the streams mech was removed? I know...it’s a different situation, but it was still scrapped.

Did stern push out prototype games with the streams and showcased it has a main feature, and push major publicity behind it?

Argument over.

#655 6 years ago

In light of all of this perhaps a little humour

JJP: We are going to screw you over this much
<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Customer backlash

JJP: Fine... we'll screw you over this much
<------------------------------------------------------->

Customers rejoice

I hope they have tweaked things back up and they will surprise buyers in the stream.

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok so when do we get that humor?

Aren't you laughing already?

#730 6 years ago

This disc will now be known as "the black Spot"

#831 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Crying? There's no crying in pinball manufacturing.
I am sorry, but at $9,500-$12,500 the kid gloves come off. At that price level you need to be perfect and really knock people's socks off. Does that make sense to you?

And that's if you don't have to worry about exchange rates and taxes (yes i know its the way it is). In Canada an LE is almost $14.5K and a CE is almost $19K. If you are going to trash a main feature you better think about changing the price. I wasn't on the preorder run because I got Houdini and was planning to get the standard or LE come September but if the only thing they can do is put a disc in the middle of the playfield that spins all the time and doesn't really affect ball trajectory then JJP can kiss access to my wallet goodbye. AP will release the plans for their next game eventually and CGC will announce their #3 so it's not like their aren't any other options out there...that or wait for Toy Story and hope that history doesn't repeat itself.

The size of the disc VS size of the MAP is also an eye sore. It just doesn't work.

#877 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Shit breaks, fix or order a new one. Not sure why they cant offer a refurb service or sell new ones.

Because then people would complain the part doesn't last and that it's not worth X dollars JJP is asking. I'm with vid on this one. They know what is wrong with it and instead of beefing up the parts, they are abandoning it. Only time will tell how wise that choice was. I think people are more upset at the compounded tweaks put together (trunk + disc). Instead of really losing one feature they are losing 1 big one and one that added dynamics/motion to the toys.

I'm sure the disc was part of their logic to increase pricing by $500. Now that it's gone....well..

#892 6 years ago

What if they took out the fast spinning feature completely and have the disc spin at low speed to award the combinations in a swaying motion like water in a glass on a ship...sway left a bit, the right alot, then left alot, then right a bit and settle on the awards. So outer ring spins left, inner ring spins right, center right spins left and make it the primary function of the disc. I could get behind that. If you take the spinning out of the fast spiining out of the equation they could perhaps keep the mech. Plus I would be cool and alot sacrifice fast spinning

#908 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm sure we're all going to be just as frustrated when we find out that potato head ball lock won't be making it into the final production model of Toy Story.

Pieces would keep falling off.

#1032 6 years ago

This will end up costing jjp more than they think. I widh them well but this is still a major fuck up! Pardon my french.

#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm not saying IM sucks. I'm just saying even with the 3 disk now 1, it's still got more going on. That's all I'm saying.

Exactly some people are comparing a 5300 machine to a 9500 machine...thats like saying mother theresa and stormy daniels are both the same because they are women. *in case people take this seriously...im saying this with laughter*

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Didn't Eric say in the same video it wouldn't obstruct the stars ?
LTG : )

He also said there was what ... Like 1.3 sextillion options ....*pulling leg*

#1073 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I do not understand why JJP has not simply kept the former design of the disc and adjusted it only to one moving disc. Everyboey was used to this outfit and the backbox spinning could detail simply the spin in the playfield. Thus they could have kept the former hole in the playfield and the dimension if the spinning disc itself.

Like any business it was cheaper to go the other way.

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

So guys that are abandoning ship (pun intended) may regret it of they pull a 180

Why would they regret it, they can just buy back in if JJP changes course

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

one thing i really cant understand,how the hell did they think that spinning disc art was gonna be accepted? it does not match the entire playfield in anyway and i think this added to the rejection of it also. no offense but who approved this art ? please go get an eye exam.

Art in the stream was not final. It was printed and mylared for demo purposes only. Not saying it was the best strategy but thats what they had. If people keep cancelling JJP might have to change course

#1232 6 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I understand Jack feels bad about the situation, but we the customer are bearing the brunt of the pain. The price didn’t decrease, there wasn’t anything else added to the game. The BOM drops now as well with these adjustments. So JJP gets made “whole” at their new +$500 price point, and the game has been significantly reduced. That should not be acceptable to this community. The pin should have a mix of good software, fun play field, excellent animations, and innovative toys/mechs. It sounds like some of those items are going to be well done, but it’s going to fall very short on toys/mechs. The bar should be very high for a $9500 discretionary expenditure. I do look forward to playing it, perhaps it’s strong points will be enough to overcome this debacle.

I know from my end that Jack can shove that pirate game right up his *port* for pulling this kind of bullshit 2 minutes to midnight but I'm a drop in the bucket compared to the people lacking the balls to follow through with their threat of cancellation. I had originally put my deposit in for Pirates the week following the reveal. However, I swapped my deposit to Houdini in early Jan because I knew Houdini was going to be done first. Pirates was going to be next in line. So while I don't have any money in now, I was going to have it in later.

From JJPs standpoint he knows that people are big talkers and will still buy it. So if you guys want any hope for a price drop you have to

a) follow through and cancel
b) tell your distributor exactly why you are cancelling (I called my distributor just to tell him not to expect a deposit from my end and voiced why I wasn't going to put one down)
c) don't buy the game until the price drops
d) talk about it on social sites and #tag Jersey Jack, this helps people "not in the know", know important information. Pinside is also just a drop in the bucket of places people talk about pinball.
e) don't buy the game until the price drops
f) rinse and repeat

More than 1 million dollars in gross sales is lost for every 100 machines that gets cancelled. That is not something to take lightly.

#1235 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Shove the pirate game right up his portside WOW I was under the impression from the media that Canadian guys were enlightened and chill.Man, reading these forums is giving me a new perspective on our brothers up North

You are right, I'm sorry #notsorry

#1238 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Are you dating Gary Stern?

LMAO! Don't get me started on Stern. I've been good for the last little while, I don't want to relapse. Iron Maiden is killer, no complaints there.

#1243 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

YEAH! This is what we want! Pinball companies to fail! Anyone else you wanna put out of business?

I don't want them to fail. It would certainly make them reverse course. You sleep in the bed you've made.

#1269 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Perhaps JJP will be able to obtain the assets from the film, and get speech in there the way Stern did for Star Wars. Or maybe they'll get Tom Hanks at a hometown discount like how Williams convinced the biggest movie star on the planet to record speech for T2. Or maybe they'll hire Tom Hanks' brother (I love this!). Or maybe they won't do any of that stuff and you won't get any of it in the Toy Story game.

Agreed. There are so many actors that can voice Toy Story. The Pig, Mr. Potato Head, Slingky, The Dinosaur. While Tom Hanks or Tom Allen would rock, I think any main character could fit the bill.

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What time is the stream this afternoon?
I know someone posted it in one of the 10 potc threads but can’t seem to find it now.

3PM Central / 4PM EST Today
https://t.co/1tZQOECpyd

Quoted from bgwilly31:

oh and btw a little birdie told me once production starts games will start shipping within a 2-3 weeks. At least thats what i heard.

If that is the case it means that the playfields have been done for some time now and that some of them are essentially populated and were waiting on the spinning disc mech.

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think the same spinner is there. Don't think they changed the color yet....

I was about to ask the same question.

#1408 5 years ago

I like the boats, but would have made them in the blue, feel like orange is just too much. Personal choice.

#1449 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Is this at Allentown in Joe's booth?

According to his last facebook feed he will have 2 POTC's there with the rest of the lineup.

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You could also get one of those mini TV mods and play clips from the movies but because the playfield is so packed I don't know where you would put it.

On a standard you could probably put in right where the starfield is located

1 week later
#1648 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Why is there no reference to Rum anywhere in the game? We are talking Pirates aren't we?

Because the rum is all gone

1 month later
#2178 5 years ago

It's a legitimate concern. His statement is true. JJP did strip features, they are behind by at least 4 months and they did price it $500 more than DI. Why feel the need to downvote is post and then call him a dick in the next? I don't think he's saying the game is not going to get done, just worried about the effects of the itemized list he mentioned.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.