IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evh347.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1738 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

FYI « Spoiler! Click to reveal. Keith qualified Movie 5 wizard mode on ball 1! can he bring it home on ball 2 or 3!?! »

Hahahaha! That was hilarious!

Keith: 'Ohhhh, no choking here....ha ha ha.'

Eric: 'Look at this guy, this is the first time I've ever seen this so I'm gonna watch too. Alright....oh no! Keith! Keith! Ah hall that work!!!'

Keith: 'I guess I am choking.'

Congrats on making an awesome game. I've been onboard the black pearl since the Oct announcement and cannot wait to bring this home!

1 month later
#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I was watching at World's End on TV last night and they showed when Davy Jones & Will Turner are allowed to come to shore there's a big flash of green light I think it would be a really cool effect if at some point in the game all the lights in the pin flashed green to symbolise that.

Yeah, but that’s something you’d only get to see every 10 years.

1 week later
#2221 5 years ago

Email from PinballStar today...

485B5C07-1524-419C-96F5-739C5D5C1BAB (resized).jpeg485B5C07-1524-419C-96F5-739C5D5C1BAB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2269 5 years ago

This is the day I’ve been waiting for. It’s been nine very long months. I’ve watched every stream multiple times. I knew this game was a masterpiece the day I saw it revealed on The ‘Bro, do you even pinball?’ stream. Eric and his team should be proud. Making pinball great again! Heck yeah!

#2346 5 years ago

I just ordered a set of 6, slot switch protectors for my JJPOTC.
Cliff informed me via email that he hasn't heard anything from Jack about protectors for JJPOTC. Probably going to need more time.

#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

So my wife and I got super special treatment from Jack at JJP with special exclusive permission to take a tour of the JJP production facility and we were the first outsiders (other than JJP employees) to play the first JJPOTC production game off of the line. You're going to love it! A super great experience - the tour, the pinball discussions and stories with Jack, meeting Jen, and ... of course, playing the game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Any word on how production is coming along and when the first POTC games will be ready for distribution? At one point in an interview during the DI production, Jack said they were producing 10 DI games per day.

#2427 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I saw someone asked about liars dice did you see a response

That was me doing the asking....Eric said there would be more about that coming on the next stream.

#2432 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Whoops, my bad. I accidentally unplugged the motor for the big disk right before the stream when I was testing something, and forgot to plug it back in. It's definitely still in the game! The spinning table is in there too, just had a loose wire. All fixed now!
Cheers,
Eric

Haha....way to go Eric. A weeks worth of conspiracy theories to sift thru on this thread.
Just for fun, how about you unplug the upper playfield ship for this week’s stream? Haha....I’m just kidding man!
Thanks for all your hard work, I’m looking forward to this weeks stream, and shipping of this masterpiece!

#2443 5 years ago

I want to see some video of these things being born!

#2466 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I've said it before ... there is more technology in JJPOTC pinball and it is better than what NASA put in Apollo 11.

It’s a good thing they didn’t have JJP technology on Apollo 11, or we would’ve probably never landed on the moon. They probably would’ve just stayed in a low orbit and played JJPOTC until their fuel reserves dictated returning to earth.

73B15ECF-C03D-48BB-A18A-FFCF3284E57B (resized).jpeg73B15ECF-C03D-48BB-A18A-FFCF3284E57B (resized).jpeg
#2510 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Wait a second...that cartwheel seems similar to the DI cartwheel, how can we be sure they didn't dub new audio over the old clip?

Haha...
I distinctly heard the woman with the camera say ‘pirates’.

#2535 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There is no topper on standards which is what they are making now.

That is an LE, I see ‘Tortuga Tom’ on the pop bumper, external headphone jack, the Devil’s Triangle plastic, and a starfield. The standard does not have those.

EDIT: the other give away is that the box has POTC LE written on it.

Am I reading that right? That is game #241?

#2537 5 years ago

I think I see a plaque on it which says ‘limited edition’....not trying to hammer that, sorry...
I’m just intrigued the plaque on the backbox says #541, doesn’t it?

2 weeks later
#2951 5 years ago

Yesterday, I drove almost an hour out of my way to play the production LE game at SS Billiards, MN. I almost regret putting the ~10-12 games on it, because it has now made the wait for my game tougher. I jumped on the list almost 20 minutes after the Buffalo Pinball guys streamed the reveal and I have been excitedly following it’s production very closely ever since.

After actually playing it, I can say that the game has exceeded my expectations and make no mistake...it is a masterpiece. There are so many things to shoot and the game is so deep, it’s overwhelmingly fun. It’s difficult to describe...If you get tired of shooting for anything in particular, you can try and shoot for 15+ other things to progress through an entirely different feature of the game. In short, I can’t see myself ever getting bored.
I will say this, the guys on the streams make it look a lot easier than it is. All the complaints about being multi-ball heavy are unfounded. The game can giveth and taketh away as quickly as you can blink. Sure, I earned a few multi-balls, but I was not able to stack them as well as they did on the streams. I loaded the cannon once, but missed the ship and drained immediately. That upper loop off the upper left flipper is really satisfying when you get it going. Lloyd’s LE had the topper installed. The LE topper has some LEDs that allow it to pulse illuminate from its base similar to the laserrific toppers. The Mao Kun map in the middle of the playfield looks exactly like the one in the movies and it looks fantastic. The disc most definitely affects the ball’s direction.

My only nit-picky critical obeservations:
1) The ball occasionally stalled between the ship’s ladder ramp and the edge of the rocking ship. I actually got the ball stuck there a few times. The ball could be dislodged by repeatedly activating the ship’s upper left flipper, but it took that and some slight nudging to get the ball to fall free from that area. Lloyd said JJ was sending him some parts to remedy this.
2) With regards to the star map shot, there was a difference between what I perceived from the streams and what I observed playing it. When shooting the star map, under the interaction with the magnets, the streams show the ball bouncing around erratically during the chapter selection before finally getting held motionless, then releasing downward into play. During my play, the time between the shot into the star map, a chapter getting selected, and then released by the magnet into play was very short. I was not really afforded enough time to look up and observe the animations on the back glass to see what chapter was selected or the characters I needed to shoot. I’m not sure if this is a setting or if I was doing something to cancel out of the animation.
3) Not sure if it’s me, but I still had a few shots to the chest denied and this is the chest with the top permantely open. That’s a shot that’s going to take some practice, but I swear I hit that shot fairly a couple times and the ball just dribbled back out rather than going up into the lock.
4) The only other weird thing on Lloyd’s machine was that all four playfield spots were not on. I brought this up to him and he said he would look into it.

None of those critiques have changed my mind, I’m still onboard. It’s a pricey game, but there is so much value under that glass. I swear it’s like having five or six games in one machine.

It was a pleasure meeting Lloyd in person and I enjoyed the conversation. SS Billiards is a great place to get your hands on an early-production game, so if you’re in the area..do it.

41908C97-B89E-4F36-8907-F19AD0DB6CB6 (resized).jpeg41908C97-B89E-4F36-8907-F19AD0DB6CB6 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#3147 5 years ago

We spent the afternoon up at Tilt's in MN....man, what an awesome location to play pinball! If you're in the area, check it out!

I pretty much played JJPOTC all day. New code is pretty slick. Did not have any balls get stuck above left flipper on the upper playfield. I did have a few balls captured by the chapter select and the up-post. New code gives one additional magnet sling upward (supposedly to prevent STDM drains)....and yet it still drained unfairly down the middle several times. Also, had a few balls ejected from the 'depths' roll down the left outlane and drain down the left drain. Not enough momentum to carry it across the left gap, that seemed a little unfair.

Still, overall...lots of things to like about this machine.

Check out the weird location my friend got the ball stuck on JJPOTC....yes, its trapped under the right slingshot! I have never seen that happen in any machine ever.

IMG_6527 (resized).jpgIMG_6527 (resized).jpgIMG_6528 (resized).jpgIMG_6528 (resized).jpg

#3154 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks like it, their Twitch channel shows it was posted 3 hours ago.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/317626358##

Joe Katz lit the game up with Wizard mode 3...….totally worth watching!!! Best game ever recorded so far.

#3187 5 years ago

Dang, now I wish I would've text Joe every day instead of emailing him every couple weeks.

I cannot wait for my JJPOTC!

2 weeks later
#3294 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There be Pirates in the House! Thanks again to Flippen-out-Pinball Larry Arrrgh you made it happen! She is as beautiful as we expected from JJP. Funny delivery expecting the worst. Fedex said they would deliver between 9am and 5pm. They showed up at 9:05am. Good by me. Wifey wasn't excited to move a pin this early but quickly over it after seeing it finally next to TZ.
[quoted image][quoted image]

And....you have all of your current mods proudly installed.

Your 'Dead Man Tell No Tales' is installed in a slightly different spot than on depicted on your website.

Here I was so sure I was going to be one of the first to show mine off with all of your mods. Still waiting....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evh347.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.