IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 6 years ago

Oh pinside, you can be so dramatic.

Having played the prototype approx 30-40 times, I must say this change is welcomed. My two biggest concerns about the game were these 2 mechs. In the 30-40 games I played (half at banning and half at Ayce Gogi), the chest only worked one time. Making this toy not only a reliable locking Mech, but a reliable shot was very much needed.

As for the spinning disk; when it worked, it was cool. But it worked about 50% of the time, the other times it would do this stutter step thing like it was on its last life, it did not look or play well. We haven’t seen the new Mech in action so really can’t comment on it, but as bigd mentioned, reliability and playability are the important factors here.

I vote you all put your pinside drama aside until you see the new mechs in action. JJP pins are still the best >$8k pins on the market to date, and there’s a reason for that. Nothing else compares for the price, even IMDN-LE.

#165 6 years ago

LOL you guys haven't even seen the new mech's in action and you're already crying wolf. Give it some time, let's see how this plays out and more importantly how the new disk is in actual game play; I know, what a concept.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I think most have an idea how it works.
Many respect JJP quality but big news for those deposits down at reveal.
A lot of new options in six months.

Yes we’ve seen spinning disks a lot. Some good, some bad. We have not seen how this new disk will be with this design and this layout and how it will ultimately effect the ball and gameplay. That said, the original disk was bad ass....when it worked; key words, when it worked. If you guys want an expensive pin that doesn’t work, go preorder Aliens or TBL.

#183 6 years ago

And fwiw; I’m not trying to sound like a Shill for JJP. Hell, I have an IMDN on its way. I just think we need to give Eric and his team the benefit of the doubt and respect that they know what they’re doing, and doing it for good cause.

1 week later
#1150 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would think from an operators point of view, removing anything that was problematic in a prototype machine that would cause a game to become unreliable and out of service for an extended period of time, would be a good thing.

Blasphemy; this is a collectors market and we want games that don’t work and are completely unreliable....but that looks good with good themes like aliens and big lewbowski. Enough with these working games.

#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey you know this was kind of lost in all the bullshit:
"Will the new disc spin in both directions or at different speeds?
The new disk will spin in both directions and at variable speeds. Hitting the map targets is what starts and changes the speed/direction of the map."
That indeed makes the spinner much different than any other ever produced. Right? Can't think of any other games with spinning discs that behave this way. Correct me if I'm wrong please, with as much abuse as possible.

Totally agree. The spinning disk was cool no doubt, but that’s not what sold me personally on the game so I’m still looking forward to seeing this game in all its glory.

That said; how much testing was/is needed on the 3-disk? It seems like it’s been 6 months; now they throw this new one in and go into production? Let’s hope it holds up.

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I stand by what I said 10 days ago. I like to read threads like this minus the "I'm backing out blah, blah, I am mad and upset, blah blah". Let's see how the game plays, obviously JJP knows what the fuck they are doing. Even when they make mistakes, they make it right in the end.

Exactly.
I only watched 5 mins of the stream today; plan to watch the rest over the weekend. But the 5 mins I saw, that spinner was wicked and coded great! It even looked like it did more throwing than the prototype disk that I played, almost too much? Game looks superb. Now to get production rolling before stern hammers out another hit and I spend the rest of my JJPOTC $

3 weeks later
#1736 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Damn... logged in at 4:05 and said channel offline. Will this be available tonight to watch from beginning?

They're live now. But i imagine the replay will be available on twitch just as the others' have.

#1741 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Hahahaha! That was hilarious!
Keith: 'Ohhhh, no choking here....ha ha ha.'
Eric: 'Look at this guy, this is the first time I've ever seen this so I'm gonna watch too. Alright....oh no! Keith! Keith! Ah hall that work!!!'
Keith: 'I guess I am choking.'
Congrats on making an awesome game. I've been onboard the black pearl since the Oct announcement and cannot wait to bring this home!

OMG, hilarious! I Feel bad for Keith and wanted to check out the new wizard mode but I think that was better, classic moments in pinball!

#1745 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The wizard mode thing sucked, but it's worth a watch for the 200k shot setup for sure.

The setup was pretty bad ass Keefer; you took the game on a whole different turn with that strategy showing that game isn't all about multiball stacking and how quick you can get to a wizard mode if that's your strategy. Eric just had to go ruin it with his Blackbeard endless multiball timers hah! Speaking of which, does Blackbeard have any penalties? im thinking all scores halved whenever ball saver is in effect perhaps?

1 week later
#1875 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I can't speak to the Stern POTC. I have had it on my wish list for a long time and only played it a few times. Once JJP announced theirs I was committed and have stopped looking for Stern's. There was some disappointing news with the tripple disk and chest of course but do you believe that the JJP release won't be much better than yours? That is very surprising to hear but you own it so I would understand your connection to it.
Why not own both? Even if it is something that you might have to save towards?

Sterns POTC isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be, you’re not missing much. It has some cool multiball stacking features; other than that, if you like flipping a ball and watching it go somewhere other than back to your flippers, it may be the game for you.

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Liar's dice is a game using dice, not cards. See shaker of dice in Squidman's hook.

Best drinking game ever

2 weeks later
#2026 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I have a deposit down and have bought each JJP game NIB...but so far I’m just not excited about Pirates. Go to put a game on at VFW and liked it but $9500 for a game I’m ambivalent about is a lot.

You should be excited. This looks to be JJP’s best. But yea, price of admission is a bit depressing.

1 month later
#2276 5 years ago

Bad ass! I hope one day I can own one. Best new pin ever IMO. Gameplay, rules, code are the best I’ve played. Jonesing to play a production model. Congrats to JJP.

#2313 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Guess which one is me?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm gonna say the top one (panda) as that looks the most fun. The middle one is probably Eric Hogbog as it looks like something he could actually do lol. And the last one is everyone who bailed out of their preorder.

#2329 5 years ago

here's some random thoughts on JJPOTC. I don't buy into the hogwash hype is dead band wagon folks. Ive been around a bit and am a fairly good player; and while I've only played a test version of the game (about 50 games), I think this game is the best pin ive played. There are a few nuisances that detract me like the Chest lock (oh wait thats fixed) and the spinning disk not working (oh wait thats fixed) but the game, layout, software, rules, and amount of depth that went into this game as a whole is over the top best ive seen or played in any pin. Now I will say if you're a mode based type player, this pin may not be for you - the chapters are chapter scoring opportunities, not modes. Notice how they always refer to them as chapters (not modes) in the streams? So Being a player more than a collector, this is how I feel about JJPOTC - and I think gameplay, code, rules trump the rest of the aspects in games. Yes, the price of admission is very high - but if that's the case, do like most of us homeowners do and wait it out a bit and see how the tides fall. Just my 2 cents with my random thought of the day.

1 month later
#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agree...it’s all good and I’m still very much looking forward to getting mine.

I think you'd get your game sooner if you took it out of your current collection since you technically don't have it yet

1 week later
#3055 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I don't think price need to drop a lot $8500 would be the sweet spot but any price increase at this point could really hurt them

There’s an $8500 standard you can get.

To be fair I think the gap between JJP standard vs LE is far too narrow. Stern pros vs premium is roughly $2k~. Imagine how many units JJP could sell of pirates if the standard was $8k~ shipped.

#3060 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

At $8000 or above, manufacturers are cutting out at least 75% of the potential buyers either by pricing people out in affordability or on principle.
Stern has a less expensive Pro and a Premium to fall back on for those buyers. JJP does not have anything for those people. It would have to be a licensed title and a great game I can't resist for me to go above $8000. I might deviate from that conviction for only a couple of licenses after I see the layout.
Also, at $9000 to 9500 the game should have everything including nice powder coating and the darn ship in the bottle topper.

They would certainly increase sales a ton with an <$8k Pirates. But perhaps their factory and labor can’t support a higher demand?

#3077 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Only thing I've noticed is "missing" from the code is Liar's Dice, which is in the works. Can't speak for the wizard modes, etc, since I haven't gotten to any yet but the code is very impressive in general (as is the rest of the game).

I’ll have to check out your streams, curious if there’s a good balance of brutality and progression. According to the JJP streams of the devs playing, the simple answer is yes.

I simply love this game but have been holding back posting a review simply because the production game I played ‘seems’ like it was setup too easy. I made it to the Kraken wizard mode in my first game. While the game itself doesn’t really have any traditional story mode sequences, the wizard modes (at least the Kraken) does, and it’s bad ass. I kind of like that integration where the game is about collecting characters (chapters) and pirating (gold, treasures, multiballs), then you get a story plot tie in (i.e. the Kraken), and things take a twist. It is very much like the movies in that there’s a lot going on with all sorts of characters and personalities which all get tied into one (or more) major scene. At least that’s how I see it.

All in all, fantastic game. I’m not sold on the new disk or map awards yet, but need more time on it and curious if there are settings in the menu to make the disk harder and map awards more rare.

#3090 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone getting machines this week?
This has got to be the slowest quietest release of a new machine ever.

I think the problem is that they got their first batch to operators, and then did a huge batch for oversees. So while it seems quiet here, lots and lots is going on behind the scenes and on the cargo sea lines. Not everyone lives on pinside despite popular belief im sure we'll see more in the next coming weeks, until then, check out Kevin/Buffalo Pinball on Twitch as he just got his and will be doing some streaming. He's good about answering questions in stream chat so fire away. I'm curious to see how difficult he has his game setup and how he enjoys it over Dialed In.

#3094 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The problem is not a single one has shown up in a home over a month after the cartwheel

Did you get an ETA for yours yet?

#3102 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Eric says if you get all the multi balls running at the same time something really special and cool happens who's going to be the first to show us that.

My money is on KevInBuffalo tonight on twitch

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.