IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

Personally, very disappointed the 3 spinning wheels will be removed.
Had a lot of time on a prototype machine at banning. I inspected this mech playfield up a few times. I saw the biggest flaw was the nylon guides, felt they should be metal or bearings.
Sad to see this top notch feature removed.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think they are now one single whirlwind style spinning disk instead of three concentric independently spinning disks/rings.

Correct, one big clunker of a disk. Might i add, 3 inches larger than the largest whirlwind disk. A la, TMNT spinning pizza.
I will say the trunk mech was a clunker, biggest problem we had on 2 prototypes.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

In 1969, the US put a man on the moon. JJP should be able to engineer a working spinning disk assembly in 2018. Not that they have to, but because it's a challenge to be conquered. Fix that and JJPOTC might be more sophisticated than landing the Apollo on the moon. #nevergiveuponjjpotc

John F. Kennedy — 'We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard."
Good thought Jeff.
JJP, LETS MAKE THIS WORK, PINBALL IS HARD, and your charging a ton of money.

#574 6 years ago

My Houdini trunk is hitting in the low 90% range on accuracy.
Apperently Joe Balcer should have stayed at JJP. Joe,Thanks for coming over to American Pinball and making a great game!

#637 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man there’s lots of carguments in this thread!!!

Thats because you can buy a car for 9500-12500.

#957 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They don’t make games that aren’t sold.
It’s not 1997.

Thats not true.
You want a Hobbitt?
How about one of each model, NIB?

#1093 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, could very well be. Jack really does care about his customers so I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one to say lets try and get the 3x spinning disk to work or be onboard for another solution.

Jack does care. He will be first to tell you he didn't get into pinball thinking he would get rich. He just wanted to make top notch, unique, hard games and bring pinball into the 21st century. And FYI, he's still not getting rich, lives in a mansion or drives a Ferrari or Tesla.

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was guessing and it was only a guess that he might have been somewhere in Asia looking for somebody that could make his disc thing work.

He was in England talking to JK Rowling about you know who....( A man can dream).

#1112 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Hehe. No. We were promised first dibs on HP by WB if Rowling ever decides to un-ban pinball from the license.
—dT

Your a funny guy. Keep dreaming. Pretty sure they would go with an established company that makes pins, not promises.
Make a few titles and get back with me.

#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Alright, I’ll bite...
How can we verify your statement is true and Warner Brother’s gave you a right of first refusal on the Harry Potter license theme pending JKR giving approval for any a pinball machine? Are you able to show us the right of first refusal? Just wondering how what you are saying is a fact is verifiable by us?

Tiger, dont bother. Its way above Warner Bros management, and Universal MPA. He doesnt even mention Universal so I already new he was full of it. This is a megalith of a franchise with so many hands in the pot, even approval is beyond JKR probably.
Sadly, one of many reasons we will never see a Harry Potter pin.

#1263 5 years ago

The studios want there cash. A lot of High salaries for tons of people you wouldnt think deserve half a million a year. Oh, and Disney pixar has more vice presidents than the population of Austria.
Worried that Toy story will be cookie cutter of pirates in the asset depts.

3 weeks later
#1672 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

When you do Willy Wonka make sure you get the rights to include the fizzy lifting drinks.
» YouTube video

That would make a great video mod.

2 weeks later
#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

how many times are you going to post this? im sure its has been at least once a page. Good idea, i wish i could say im JJ and I can hear you.

Ill post it again as well.
Hate that apron!

#1906 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sometimes a good idea is worth repeating just in case someone hasn't read almost 2000 posts.

Well said- I hate the apron!

1 week later
#1983 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What has been the longest time from announcement to production for a new pinball machine? This wait is getting agonizing! Lol

Does Aliens count?

#2008 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Arrrrr GOLD! We are proud to introduce our First JJP Pirates custom GOLD mod. The CE models got barnacle the standard and LE owners deserve Gold! A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the lock down bar and highlight to remind you to collect yer treasures! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine. The mod kit also includes a single pirate coin translucent decal to perfectly detail the center illuminated button! Mod is simple to add and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Arrrrrrr. Available now via our New website store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com Thank all you scurvy Pirates for liking our products!!!
The Mod Couple

Wow, that looks great Mod Couple!

2 weeks later
#2109 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Having a lid go up and down on a box doesn't make it innovative choosing a character to play as and being able to plunder off opposition players does make it innovative.

The Trunk on Houdini is pretty innovative.
And it goes up and down no problems!

2 weeks later
#2243 5 years ago

Late notice on streams. I check thread and it says , starting in 15 min. At the time that was 2 hours old.
Little more heads up would be nice.

#2257 5 years ago

Great News! Love to see pictures of games being built. Guess they've been waiting on playfields to show up in bulk.
Time to sell some games and get this by Christmas for this house!

#2266 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Finally!
So how long until these start hitting the distributors?

Patience, poor Eric needs some sleep.

#2290 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm pumped to see it coming to life on the assembly line. Can't wait for people to get the game. Maybe I'm a bit biased, but it's a damn fun game. Code is unmatched in depth and breadth. The production game that I played shoots like butter. Sign of good times when the first ball I play in the first game off the line I beat the grand champ score. Ended the game just shy of 1mil, and left my initials on there.
The flood gates are opening. Here we go!
Cheers,
Eric

Congratulations Eric!

1 month later
#2749 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any news?
Can't believe how slow this process is, was really hoping to have mine for the Labor Day weekend. So much for that!

Quoted from dnaman:

Odd, to me as well. No FB or Pinside updates, not evens from the line.

You guys have seen pictures of that playfield , right?
Pinball takes time to build.

#2759 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Your kidding me, right?

Personally...I dont care if they build 1 a week.
Quality or quantity anyday of the week.
We've all waited this long, we will all get our machines....eventually.

#2847 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pirates joined my JJP line up yesterday.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Nice BreakShot!

#2855 5 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

On Tit? That's a real place?

Ohh, IT'S Real. Line up is always 16-20 amazing games. Always the new stuff. Last I heard has an Aliens to. Great food and beer to!

1 month later
#3156 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

We played pinball at NYNY. No JJPOTC, but a nice selection none the less.
Tomorrow we visit Hall of Fame, hope the rumors are true.

Please let us know, may be in Vegas Fri.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 38.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.