Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (1 year ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#129 1 year ago

I'm not pleased at the moment as I've paid in full for the LE. I locked in the $9500 USD to CDN back in January. From a currency conversion perspective that was a good thing.

I would like to wait and see what happens. There certainly should be some type of concession price-wise if the changes result in getting less than expected.

Good to hear that the physical call lock remains and I can live without the lid movement I guess.

I can't see the disc well enough but that is a big loss and we lose the lighted inserts. Let's see what happens...

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Remove the features as suggested now and drop the price $500. Fix the engineering for the mechs and re-release the game as the black pearl package next year for $9500 and sell the upgrades as a kit for $1000 to original owners. Don’t give up on the masterpiece this game could be, and keep a viable product to sell now. Win - Win.

Bull$hit! Not a fan of this idea; credit $500 now and then repurchase for twice the price once it is ready? I'd be more than 'happy' to keep the same price with a free swap-out when ready and I could easily wait for that, as long as needed. This of course assumes that JJP could commit to continuing the evolution of the mech.

I am already an early adopter and supporter of JJP. I have the WOZEC, very early run (first run I believe) and have had to replace ALL LED PCBs. Although I was very pleased that the Team took care of the problems for me, ultimately I still have a 5v filtered pass-through set that will likely fail in time. At that point I then have to make the board by board replacements hoping that I'm good to go until the next time. What stinks about that is after weeks/months of working through the original LED issues that I am always paranoid that I will have more problems. Not a nice place to be.

On that topic, I do not know what the current status is of a possible ver2.0 replacement kit and it's pricing but if and when available it's just another likely huge dump of money for something to make that pin right.

I really had difficulty deciding on whether or not I should get in on a first run JJPOTCLE based on my experience with the WOZEC. With the time that has since passed from Chicago Expo I also thought that I should have just picked something else for a year and let this title mature. Not sure what to really think at this point but I suppose that I am willing to wait and see as I am already neck deep at this point.

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I am still in on an LE. Seems like they could add magnet(s) to the new disk. Salvage some goodwill and add in some coding features with the magnet. Could be cool.
The answer is always more magnets...

Hmmm... I hadn't thought about magnets and a disc. That is interesting but it is a large area, the proposed art is too much at the moment.

Fixed outer disc area (to take up some of that large hole) that retains the map LEDS to show what has been spun, keeping this visible right on the PF and the smaller inner disc would spin and utilize one or more magnets?

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Including the ship in a bottle topper for LE owners would be a fair trade off.

Agreed but limit it to those who had committed with a deposit only prior to the news. No need to offer it to new buyers or those without skin in the game.

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from 1iblind:

Here's an option. If people still want the look of the 3 spinning discs then why not put a clear window and LCD to take the place of the mech? No more worrying about parts breaking and keeping them level. I guess the only problem with that might be sourcing the right size and resolution screen. It would look cool and give them a lot of versatility.

Yes but this would also require a third and separate video output. I suppose that most display adapters support 3-4 nowadays.

#557 1 year ago

What if this is actually happening because of the Curse of the Black Pearl?!?

#560 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That looks alot better, I could live with that. I think it would look good with some gold through it.

I agree about the sticker esthetically; this looks far better as there is depth and vibrance. The one in the video appears washed out.

I still hope that the solution is not just a spinner with a sticker on it and a ring to fill the balance of the hole.

#594 1 year ago

Keith, thanks for sharing this.

Understandably everyone is beyond curious to see where this all goes and you can see a myriad of input from those who are still interested and would like to stick it out. It would be good to know if there is any consideration here aside from just the spinner as a replacement but if you can't share too much at this point can you confirm if the playfields will have the smaller hole? Would the spinner also have a magnet(s)?

Thanks.

#630 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's Bullshit I have a $1500 non refundable deposit down that's why I'm so invested , my dealer is a top bloke so if I asked nicely I'm sure I could get my money back but he doesn't have to !

How is it that the manufacturers can set a fixed minimum price, forcing distributors to stick to it yet some won't honor the refundable deposit?

I'm sticking it out to see the end product, I've waited this long. I did confirm today however that my fully paid purchase can be redirected if I so choose. At least I am relieved to hear that.

#1113 1 year ago

...so, I've read enough posts which refer to the 3 disc mech as a toy. Completely disagree here. That to me is a full interactive mech IMO. A toy would be the PB topper guy.

I have confirmed that there would be zero issue in redirecting my fully prepaid funds for POTCLE to anything else. I am holding out for now as I want my LE, just struggling on the disc.

I like bling and content, keep the look with inserts and swap in the spinning disc into the 2 inner rings (or fixed with magnets) if you want. I'd consider options but not crazy with the first and current replacement.

My 2 cents. (Or in this case approximately $14K CDN)

I would love to see the next JJP pin, but that as they say is a whole 'nother story.

#1116 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

I’m sticking with JJP... They make some of the best games that I have ever played. I want to make sure that they are around for the long haul.

Completely agree, I am a JJP fan without question. Just not sure that I want to stick with POTCLE at the moment, that is why I am waiting. Ultimately, I would like to hear from Jack.

Regardless, if they start shipping with the current single spinner then I have a decision to make.

#1297 1 year ago

Has anyone from JJP shared how they are planning to fill the remaining space of the larger hole in the playfield, with the single disc spinner installed?

My original concern was how to protect the edge of the large hole in the playfield. I assume that they already have playfields ready and will have the larger hole. If the single spinner is installed it will require a spacer, this will then leave the edge of the original large PF hole, the next edge of the filler circle, it's inner edge and then the edge if the single disc spinner.

That is a lot of edges to protect from wear and clear/art chipping and flaking.

I am genuinely interested to know what the approach is for this. If there is a stock pile of PFs, will future runs have a smaller hole? I would prefer that of course

#1320 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Isnt there a stream today of the game? Watch it today and you';ll see what the playfield looks like with the new disc. Perhaps they didn't make the final playfields yet.

Watched it all after the fact but not a single person seems to be interested in knowing about this and unfortunately there is no way to see anything in the stream.

Everything looks to be coming together for the pin especially considering the changes. Looking forward to the next stream!

1 week later
#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's sort of good? They can now see the weak points and fix them -hopefully. That's the benefit of a long time in the field testing.

That is a prototype pin so it has the old chest and that is why they said that they have changed it, to make that shot doable as often as possible.

The disc, the same, as we are all aware.

Can't speak to the upper PF on their behalf but I haven't read anything that suggests changes from that version of the rocking mech. Maybe someone else can ring in. There has been quite a few that suggests that it be altered to be a 'smoother' rocking motion and others that would like to see it stop sometimes. Not sure how that would work as it would have to be triggered before the ball made it's way up there. Possible with the skill shot but not sure when made with the right ramp. (IE: the timing to sense the ball on the ramp and to start moving the ship - the ship would have to rock to the left first as to not dump the ball off of the right, right way. This could be why it just always rocks.(?))

#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I got #24 and it was made 3 weeks ago so it seems like how LE games are numbered may be random, lol.

Always thought that this was just dumb. It is completely random, what is the point of that? My WOZECLE is 673/1000 and was a fairly early run. It could just say 'limited run of 1000'. That would be more accurate.

#1554 1 year ago

I'm only minutes into the latest stream (recorded) and finally found the answer to my first but long standing question regarding the single disc.

There is a filler ring which fills the gap from the playfield hole (from original tri-disc) to the edge of the single disc.

Watch the stream at the 00:08:29 mark, first ball and it hits the filler disc edge and roles down to the right side.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/259541173

Now this is not surprising as they would not likely have been able to create a new PF, clear it and populate it in this short period of time but my second and more important question is.... Will the production PFs have a smaller hole to rid us of this large filler disc. I just see that as problematic (wear wise).

I am still in on this pin to date but this I need to know before committing to delivery.

JJPOTC-innerDisc (resized).png

#1559 1 year ago

deleted.. (just ignore)

#1561 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

No shipped games will have filled in playfields.

You are the man, THANK YOU!!

I am in.

#1563 1 year ago

Now that Keith has answered my burning question:

"Now it's only gettin' better, and a change is gonna come my way
Yes it's only so much better, oh, gettin' better every day, yeah
I can feel it, feel it gettin' better, whoa, day and night
I feel it, feel it gettin' better every day
Gettin' better, it's gettin' better, it's gettin' better"

#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from Axl:

I would rather have JJP slowly making great games with lots of toys and exciting things than 5 games with more or less the same layout.

Exactly! ...and, many who are splurging on these games now at an ever increasing price point, saying that their money is going elsewhere, will sell them or something else off in their collection to buy the next Stern or JJ pin once available. Those who can afford NIB will experience it first and those who can't will be ready when the price is right in the second-hand market.

Stern is churning them out and this whole community is stumbling over themselves to get the latest and call it the greatest, until the next one comes out. Most have the insatiable obsession bug and we call it our hobby.

Personally If I had known that I would be waiting this long for POTC, I would have absolutely picked something else up to tied me over. That has been the 'worst' for me, sitting on coin all this time and checking Pinside daily, gross.

#1632 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I picked up a TNA, now looking for a Star Trek Prem. Still have the deposit on the POTC. But if my three pins tied me over I can wait a year for WWonka

Well said! That is a great approach as others will always be selling something to get something else. This includes all editions upto LE and SuperDuper LE

1 week later
#1697 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

I’m very confused wasn’t this thing supposed to hit production several months ago? Any idea when this game will see the light of day guys?

Dude, where have you been?

Just the disc change alone now results in a revision to the playfield, a smaller hole for the single disc center spinner. That is a substantial change and was only confirmed a short while ago. With having to run off new playfields, production and clear coat, that will take extra time.

Welcome back, now you wait like the rest of us.

#1764 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's a pic close up of the black powder coat on a prototype game. The powder coat has a nice texture to it and resembles the finish of a canon which I think is on purpose considering the theme. Personally I rather have this type of finish versus a glossy finish on POTC. It's pretty nice.

I would much prefer the hammered powder coat like the Hobbit has on one or two of their runs. Straight up powder coat is just... well... plain.

#1765 1 year ago

Agreed, the Kraken video mode is a thing of beauty! Wow, please keep those coming.

#1767 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Chapters are what they are.
But each wizard mode is similar in style and presentation to 2. Each of them is pretty different and more like traditional pinball modes.

This is a fantastic mix. The chapters are very cool and the video modes send it over the top IMO. Everything that you and the Team bring to these pins is unlike anything that is on the market; past and present. Great job!

#1768 1 year ago

Keith, can you shed some light on your avatar pic? I see the obvious main character with what appear to be horns. Was this captured from somewhere?

#1780 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

"you are only as good as The Company You Keep"
-wife

Your wife actually said that to you? Sorry to hear that.

#1786 1 year ago

But isn't Jack Sparrow a Playa'? That's a whole other hot topic at the moment so I assume that this won't fly for Mrs ChipScott either.

I was thinking that the CE would suit his situation as well but Sparrow is still a character to select in the game. Maybe they can program the option to remove his face and add a question mark for the character

I kid of course, again sorry to hear about this. My ex didn't particularly care for pinball in the end and it was just contentious between us. She could not see how anyone could 'love inanimate object(s)' and certainly did not believe that anyone could be 'passionate' about most things. Sadly, she of course had no interests or passion.

My new love could not be any more of a polar opposite. She sees the beauty of all things 'collectible', especially the art which is pinball and she often kicks my a$s as well on many games. Anywho... I digress (again).

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's probably already drawn up for the manual.

I would love to see something as well but honestly, this stuff can wait and even the code is so far along that we can update it after we get our pins.

Now that the disc, map awards and chest have been figured out the only concern that I have is with the playfield. That is, how long will it take to make and clear coat these? And the most important question, IMO, how much time is needed for them to cure properly? I would gladly wait longer knowing that this needs to be done to reduce or eliminate potential issues with the PF.

While on this topic, I wanted to comment on the posts all over Pinside where people have said that all playfields dimple and you just can't tell on a pin that has been really heavily played because the whole playfield has just dimpled 'evenly'. What a complete load of crap! (Didn't SR make this claim or did he just say that all playfields dimple?)

Now matter how many dimples a PF takes on it will never look nice and smooth. That and you would easily notice the 'edge', and an uneven one at that, where the ball can't actually reach, IE: alongside posts, rubbers etc... I welcome anyone to show me different.

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve seen two different potc machines so far and they both had dimpling. I didn’t think it was excessive but it was definitely there if you were looking for it.

Yes, my WOZEC is dimpled and I imagine that it's playfield had a very long time to sit and cure, back in those early days of JJP. It is 5 years old and still dimples so ultimately it must have more to do with the type of wood used, regardless CC does need time to cure, so hopefully that is starting to get underway. Whatever can be done to minimize dimpling would be preferred. Aside from that I think that everyone can agree that the code is killer and is ready to get their hands on it.

#1824 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

My wife told me that she no longer wants me exposed to this thread. I am sorry, but I will have to drain if as she will be checking my iPad later this afternoon.
For those who ordered, I hope you enjoy your game. Please excuse me while I begin the search for my testicles.

I don't know your situation but that post certainly speaks. Now, I can only speak for myself on this but I hope that she is supportive of your interests and hobbies. If it doesn't put you in the poor house and she/your family come first with everything else then there should be no issue(s).

To keep my sanity and get out from a serious depression, I had to walk away from 24 years. The 'kids' are adults and we are both far better off now. LIFE IS TOO SHORT! The old saying, 'happy wife, happy life' only works if you aren't miserable. Sometimes the 'better half' is only happy when the other is miserable. Misery loves company.

You and she can take whatever you want out of this post but I hope you all the very best.

#1832 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I disagree, but there is an entire Richie thread about this argument...

Disagree that it is the biggest disappointment or that it can be remedied with harder plywood and better clear coat?

#1833 1 year ago

I can share ample pictures of all my old pins which have no dimpling on them. Maybe they just employed Ouija-magic.

#1838 1 year ago

We are certainly getting picky here but I believe that is allowed as we have been part of the review process this entire time. We are an active and captive audience. Many of us will be buying this pin.

I agree that the apron art is now too bright and clashes. I don't think that it should be a focal point. I also think that if it were to change that the edge or background should fade to black (at the edge) so that it blends in to the apron. I don't like that it looks like two stickers. You can see what I mean in the center, nearest the mini display. In the streaming video the left and right stickers don't meet at the same point. Might be minor for some in the end but I have an EC WOZ and that apron just looks classy, and I do spend time admiring it while playing.

#1840 1 year ago

I agree, but I figure that if I call it picky then I take the power away from those who have no intention in buying and who are just wanting to minimize these discussion points. (I know that we have a name for them...)

#1860 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That's because imdn is the best machine since ngg.

Wow! I just don't see it. I've played a pro locally that was at the release show (pre-purchase show pin through Marco) and it was just clunky. I liked the music and the theme etc... but it must not be set up. Plunge the ball... bam straight into the upper LT flipper unless you hold it up and plunge. Then the flying balls off the ramp etc... not flowy.. I knew that with everything that I have been reading that it must just be a setup thing but as it sat, no F'ing way would anyone think that it is even close to the 'best'.

Another friend has one who is meticulous and I am excited to try his to see the difference and experience the game. Until then, there are a lot of great classics that can be had for the same or less.

#1867 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It is clunky in some areas but when things get rolling its fun. Not sure its a long term keeper and its way overrated imo. People are just loving the unconventional layout from stern... but take that away and its a very basic pin. It will b talked about till the next new release

I was elated to see four flippers for Stern but would love to see a widebody at some point in the future

There is no doubt that they made a great move bringing Elwin's design in on the pin. They needed something new. As mentioned, I am sure that the one that I played needs some serious tweaking.

Sorry to derail the more important topic at hand.

#1872 1 year ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Well, that's pretty disappointing. I was hoping this Pirates was going to be so much better than Stern's, so I could convince my wife to upgrade. Not sure this will help convince her as Stern Pirates is her all time favorite.

I can't speak to the Stern POTC. I have had it on my wish list for a long time and only played it a few times. Once JJP announced theirs I was committed and have stopped looking for Stern's. There was some disappointing news with the tripple disk and chest of course but do you believe that the JJP release won't be much better than yours? That is very surprising to hear but you own it so I would understand your connection to it.

Why not own both? Even if it is something that you might have to save towards?

#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Watching the stream, Eric sunk the ship and it was a non event they need to show a quick clip of a ship blowing up.

I am sure that this will all be added along with shaker motor and screen shake(like we see often now).

#1898 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

You guys still redesigning the game in here?

Hardly redesigning.

Code suggestions for gameplay but you already knew that.

#1907 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What if liars dice video mode showed two pirates playing dice, then one pirate calls the other one a liar then they have a shoot out with muskets hiding behind barrels and other stuff on the ship's deck.

Is this a scene from any of the movies?

#1909 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Liars dice I think was first scene in the at worlds end movie but if was more of a card games call your bluff type thing.

I honestly have seen maybe one POTC movie in its entirety. I guess that I should make it a point to go through them.

I asked about the scene as I would not expect the Team to have to create something when there a 5 movies to pull from, if these scene is not available I guess that would answer that question.

I do enjoy seeing more of the clips that are being added and I am excited to hear that there is even another round of voice over work.

You can really hear the wealth of of custom audio and original music throughout, I don't think that we have really recognized or appreciated the talent and effort there.

#1922 1 year ago

I keep checking back for updates. Looks like this ship has sailed... (or maybe I will use that for when product starts to ship)

#1927 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

A little bird told me they are on the production line and will ship in August get the AUS possibly October and they've also made their last ever Hobbit

Last ever Hobbit, that's interesting. Was it a Black Arrow?

If that is accurate, I'd say that is the one have in the home collection

#1944 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I want a JJP pirate shirt, do we get one with our purchase or can we buy them?

What about a Jerry Seinfeld pirate shirt?

#1979 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'd guess August is a cut off date they've set.
If it goes in much later than that, it could seriously impact the schedule for revealing and producing later titles.
Hardware wise, it seems pretty much done now. I think it's mainly software.

They are gearing up, they have to be for all of the obvious reasons...

The software is well beyond what anyone ships so I can't imagine that software is playing any part in delaying production.

1 week later
#2044 1 year ago

I have no doubt that these scenes will come. This is a dead easy win not to take advantage of these opportunities.

This said, I am sure that we can all agree that this is 'fine tuning' and can come after delivery

1 week later
#2100 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sound of crickets......

And cockroaches... all in ACNC!

Waiting on ETA there as well

#2101 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At this point, I might just skip over to Willy Wonka.
Guess i have plenty of time to decide between now and Xmas.

I can't even imagine the wait for the next title, guaranteed you will be in on POTC.

#2103 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm starting to wonder if the opposite is true, has some sort of new issue popped up that we haven't seen anything for 2 weeks?

Lost in the Zone?

#2149 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Exactly!
So what's the consensus on 2+ weeks of silence after weekly streams for the past several months? Is it in production or are they having more issues?
Not asking for them to speed anything up a status update wouldn't be bad!

Not sure if I've already posted this but yes I agree, it is like they dropped off the face of the planet. From weekly streams and occasional posts here to zero and at such a crucial time for all of us here, the 'F5 refresh club'. It is disappointing.

I do disagree with others about not promoting future titles until they are ready. I would only agree if JJP were shipping new titles out the door every 6 months, otherwise in their current production world it would almost leave them silent for up to a year or more. Many of the members here would write them off, until production of course.

I too felt the 'pain and disappointment' with the discs and chest BUT this was a prototype and we were brought along for the entire ride. This was not possible back in the 90's and there have been other examples of changes prior to production with 90's pins; DW, JD etc... everyone here would have lost their $hit if they would have had the near real-time access to information and communication with those Teams.

People bitching about the design Team not listening to them and their suggestions, of course they do, they just don't implement them all. Look at Hobbit, in the 'good 'ol day's the previous code release might have been the final code. You have new code because of our access to them and they want to keep us as customers.

We can't have it both ways, we either want to be involved or we don't. I for one say, don't change a thing.

#2189 1 year ago
Quoted from Axl:

What is it with pinside people wanting everything to fail.....

Sadly, that seems to be human nature.

1 week later
#2244 1 year ago

Yelobird, You are fortunate to have such early access to the pin. Great job on all of these mods. Very creative. Keep these coming.

Now, what I want to see are bundles (discounted from individual purchase of course

#2260 1 year ago

Oops! Ignore, apparently my phone doesn't refresh properly. Checking updates now...

#2263 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Nope ... nothing ...

Damn, you are fast!! Good catch

All that I can say now is that I can't F'ING wait! This is a good day. When He arrives, it will be a GREAT day.

#2279 1 year ago

I was hoping that Eric would have stopped in to share the news within his own thread.

Even with the difficulty regarding the spinners, I expect that almost everyone here has been behind him all along.

#2282 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I am sure he will once the first game is actually in the box and out the door.

How would you know, are you related or something?

#2341 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Now I wish I was joking .I didn't think of the protective tape stupid me, thanks guys.

Honest mistake.

I have been glued to the Spooky ACNC thread and updates and in their most recent pics of assembly there is no visible tape, it just appears that the work is done without 'protection'. On the blue powder coat rails, it appears. I do hope that there is something on there, like JJP's POTC.

#2343 1 year ago

Psw757 I would also like to know about hole and edge protectors, a la Cliffy. Does this ship with factory protectors? I am also curious to know if a ring protector will be required for the center spinner.

#2365 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Yeah. I can’t believe a manufacturer is trying to manufacture stuff. They should totally quit after one go at it.

That was not what he meant, I am sure that you realize that.

JJP doesn't manufacture everything in these pins, suppliers provide a they can't and won't manufacture.

If time is of the essence, then stick with what you do best. This is Cliff's core competency, work out a deal and have him supply them. He then takes on the design and prototyping and any issues that arise and will adjust accordingly. All for a few dollars a protector.

Think of Stern taking on clear coating PFs. It appears that this was a huge undertaking and cost them far more than they expected to date and I don't just mean monetarily. Only they can answer the question of whether that was worth it or not but long term it might be, once they learn the art. Would that be the same as 'manufacturing' small metal protectors, I doubt it so where is the value and savings?

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I sure hope so. Fanfare in regards to light shows, animations, etc needs to be in the game for hitting and destroying ships.

True, but at this point I would rather have the pin and the polishing can come any time. These are all niceties. The current state of the software is beyond killer, let the Team get this thing out the door already!

#2411 1 year ago

For the love of God, Jack PLEASE start shipping!

#2419 1 year ago

What if the software Team added the ability to upload an MP3 to the pin and owners can put a little something of their own liking into it.

This could play during attract mode or at the end of the game etc... They could even restrict it to play only when in freeplay mode so that operators can't use it on location. I'm open to options!

I have this ability and much more with the Pinsound that I have been adding to my collection; 7 to date I believe and it is amazing! Come on JJP, throw us a bone here (this can be on a wish list for after the pin ships of course)

#2437 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's starting. I talked to Jack today and he's getting me a game for tech support and asked if I'd do a launch party. Within the next two/three weeks.
LTG : )

Thanks for sharing Lloyd!

#2438 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No offense but one thing i won't be doing is wasting a bunch $$$ on mods after paying for a JJP pin.

Most mods are just an unnecessary spend of $$$ although I do like to see what others are doing.

I was looking around for TAF stuff and saw a market place or ebay ad for the 5 copper looking pieces which someone added a few LEDs to and the asking price was over $500! (USD) WTF!?

#2459 1 year ago

rubberducks, I see what you are saying as well, they could have left a few things out and possibly reduced the price point a bit and maybe save some time doing so but Jack and Team pride themselves on this very thing.

These pins are over the top, nothing even close on the market; hardware or software wise.

I'm showing support through buying an LE. When I look at a 2 flipper standard body from the competition, at a price that is not too far off of this, I can't believe that people are eating them up.

Just my 2 cents. (We'll, in this case $9500USD, converted to CDN dollars, plus tax etc...

#2467 1 year ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Is it just the angle, or is that playfield crazy packed?[quoted image]

It's just OK

#2489 1 year ago

There was at least 15 visible in the line (cabinet wise). Are these all for distributors to show off?

How much longer are we waiting?

#2492 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hopefully one is for me to learn for tech support.
LTG : )

To say the least! If I were making pins, you would be very high on that list.

#2499 1 year ago

Awesome, so stoked!

Who would know if that is a full trailer of POTCs?

No word on what they are able to build per day etc...

#2507 1 year ago

That might happen as he gets older but he still has some piss & vinegar in him and many more titles to come!

#2560 1 year ago

Eric, it's only right that you share pics of you enjoying the bevy whilst playing POTC!

#2562 1 year ago

I love and appreciate the pictures but I would be playing that thing NON-STOP if I had it right now!

#2577 1 year ago

For the price difference, I'm on side of the 'money grab' comment, it's just too much of a spread in $$$, IMO.

That being said, I would love the CE for the artwork; cab, playfield and backglass. As cool as the topper is, I would even pass on that if it meant that I could have the Davy Jones package. I couldn't care less, at this point, for the barnacles (unless they are covering the majority of the hardware).

#2623 1 year ago

If the ship's mech supports the left, center and right movement then that should all be programmable and hopefully it will come.

Any updates on production details, quantities etc...? Come on Jack, show us the gold!

#2629 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Back to crickets again...time to start pumping these sob’s out already!
How many they building per week and do they ship weekly?

I've been asking, you and others have asked as well. Not sure why there is not a simple response, especially when there are threads suggesting that they were running through the build to determine this. WEIRD.

#2632 1 year ago

Thanks for the link to the other thread Lloyd.

cjmjmm2006 beautiful pics!

It appears that the Tia Dalma hole might have a clear mylar protector edging. I don't notice this on the other holes and saucer(s).

It also appears in the pics, that the center disc might be off center and that there is a sizable gap from disc to PF. Now, this might just be the camera angle but can you confirm?

I am trying to determine what exactly I should be getting cliffies for; metal protectors for In-line rail drops, ball launch, mylar for the rest?

Share your thoughts.

#2643 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Per Eric in the stream today, games are shipping with 2 cliffy protectors on the 2 areas where they saw wear from the prototype.
It played fast and smooth, and the music was fantastic and varied (not repetitive).

Awesome!

Is there concern with the center disc and the playfield edge for it's hole? The unit at the brewery, the disc seemed off center with a larger gap on one side. This may be inaccurate and just skewed visually in the pictures. Still interested to know.

#2651 1 year ago
Quoted from Axl:

They are more like mantis protectors. If you look at all the scoops and holes, they don’t have a sharp clear edge. I guess that will help with wear.

The two holes appear to be routed at quite an angle so I don't think that you can get a real Cliffy edge and topside protector in those two holes. The ones provided by JJP are certainly welcome in my pin! (Edit: Kudos to Eric for extending the rails right down to the front in the shooter lane, very cool!)

I will be looking to protect other edges and holes where needed, think WOZ. Last I spoke to Cliff, he had not been contacted by Team JJP so I am hopeful that one of us early production buyers are can work with him on this.

#2678 1 year ago

I just want my pin. They can take their time coding

Yes, I realize that these are two different departments, just looking forward to getting my pin.

#2732 1 year ago

First 15 for distributors to show, the rest 'to go'.

I too was 'day one' and have long since paid in full. I called Tommy while he was on the floor at the show during the reveal and I'm still 3rd on his list.

No word yet but I'm pumped!

#2734 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How much longer are we looking at waiting do you think?
I’m a bit surprised at how slow their process is.

Me too. I do hope that we're talking one to two weeks before someone gets one for home.

I suppose that after that, it depends on how JJP fans them out to distribution. Not sure if they try to make it fair across the board or if there are a handful of preferred resellers that see more than others. It could also be based on who might commit to a pre-order quantity. Who really knows?!

#2745 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Good one! I personally like the fact that Jack does the CE's last instead of doing them first. Makes sense to work out any issues.

You don't know Jack.

#2748 1 year ago

Odd, to me as well. No FB or Pinside updates, not evens from the line.

#2754 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You guys have seen pictures of that playfield , right?
Pinball takes time to build.

Communication.

I'm not asking for a committed delivery date, just would like to see how they are progressing. Are they on schedule?

We have been part of the process since the reveal. Many of us have been here for the long haul, many tune into the live stream (or watch afterwards), many have deposits or have paid in full. There have been ups and downs and they have come through beautifully. I assume that there are no major changes and software will continue to evolve, although it is close to complete now (rule wise), so it really is now just about 'when can I get mine?'

You can't compare present day pinball manufacturing to any other time in the past. We are connected and communication is not too much to ask for.

(Insert an emoticon or gif of me getting off of my soap box)

#2770 1 year ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

It was 10pm PST when I PM'ed him. Thats only 1am EST . He worked his magic and got me on the boat for this weeks shipment. Thanks again Joe!

Confused by this.

If he hooked you up with one that is supposed to ship this week then it must be in a lot that he had already committed for, and was already committed to him. Orwhat you are suggesting is that he does so much business with JJP that Jack would pull from another reseller to get you one.

#2779 1 year ago

I paid for mine back JAN/FEB, so I hope that with those who might be wanting to delay that I see mine sooner

#2781 1 year ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

He had a customer who wanted to delay thier shipment. So he gave me thier spot to me which I happily paid in full for. Geeze there goes the magic. Want me to show you the crushed bird in the collapsable cage too?

Glad to hear that you are in and moved up!

You can see my surprise in the post as I committed literally 'day one' with deposit and full balance paid, only a few months later. So to hear that someone else who seemingly just committed today or was just offered a spot and would be getting their's next week would be both surprising and disappointing to me.

I can certainly say that between this and the ACNC, the daily and almost hourly F5 refreshes since the reveals have taken their tolls on me. I hope that once these come in that I can check out and just ignore the next couple of titles.

#2808 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Down boy. Typical Pinside here with this people making up stories about Jack and I to create drama.
Nobody’s getting games this week, that was original estimates we were given but except for a few, they are running a few containers for Australia and Europe first as it takes up to 2 months for them to get games. Then US games to follow. I don’t even have our distributor game yet. They are still getting that initial batch out of distributor games and a few locations for up front testing before full production.
With regard to Wolfman, what he didn’t mention, he’s getting a STANDARD. We get allotted so many SEs and so many LEs. SEs don’t sell in high numbers and my first allotment I had I think 3. One of those first day SEs asked to be delayed and I have no more sold therefore there was an open slot which he got. Nobody got jumped. So ask before you assume you know what’s going on.
Additionally we couldn’t put LEs with rad cals into our first allotments because they weren’t received from factory yet and first allotments were assumed to be out before they were there. So anyone with RC wasn’t in a first allotment.
Games are made in order of ordering but production and parts availability sometimes necessitate things. Why do you think one reason Stern makes LEs last and JJP CEs last ? Cause they have more stuff that they get and the more stuff the more vendors. The more vendors the longer time it may take to get everything in to make a certain model.
And as Lloyd said things are VERY slow to start. They test the hell out of each and every game to endure everything is perfect. When they have the confidence the line has everything down pat then they will really start to roll.
Consider yourself educated. Please don’t make stuff up when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

pinballstar, Joe thank you for the explanation. It is certainly not something that you should have had to post to justify the sale, that is on me. Although drama and rumour were not my intention, I can now see the insinuation with my 'are you suggesting that...' scenario. It was unnecessary and unprofessional and for that I apologize to you and to Jack.

#2889 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In the last JJP blog video the said the identified that from the 257 beta machine and made the hole larger and put a protector on it. Looks like they are leaving no stone unturned on this one.

That is an in-hole protector. It appears that the edge of the PF is tapered, that is what I want to protect (if possible), that and the top edge to prevent topside chipping. I am waiting for someone to work with Cliff on any concerning areas and then I will order whatever he comes up with.

I am very happy to see the JJP Team providing what that have and adjusting to try to reduce possible wear areas. It is then up to the owner if they want to do more. I want to do what I can for sure as this pin is both beautiful and co$tly!

#2980 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's the one problem with the CE not enough Kira

Kira or Kyrie?

Kira and Kyrie!

#3000 1 year ago

JJP posted a picture from the factory with a row of LEs but no detail. Tease?

#3013 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Woohoo! JJPOTCLE in the garage! Of course I don't have time tonight to set it up lol.

That would be a drop everything for the weekend, kind of weekend. Just saying...

#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Something weird going on here.

Photoshop?

#3035 1 year ago

No more videos, updates etc... from JJP? On to the next title for everyone?

1 week later
#3111 1 year ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I have not asked in over 20 days, but then again I will prob get mine as a xmas gift from my own pocket. Which is currently still saving for it!

Asked for what? I don't remember why we are here...

#3112 1 year ago

Time to drain the thread?

#3113 1 year ago

This just posted in the Club thread by solarvalue

From Eric:

https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

Thursday - 3PM central- Join us on Twitch for New JJPOTC code drop.
Liars' Dice!
ALL 5 Movie Wizard Modes
New point balancing
General awesomeness
See you there!

#3121 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Looks like they’re stockpiling. Ship em!!!.....yarge

Daniel: Wow, films. Will I be introducing these movies on air?

Tony: Not exactly.

Daniel: What do I do?

Tony: Well you take all these cans, you box 'em, you ship 'em. Then you box those cans over there, ship them, then more will come in. You box those, you ship those. Any questions?

Daniel: After you box them...?

Tony: You ship 'em. Lotsa luck, smartass.

Daniel: I think I made a friend.

#3122 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Factory visit today...
Video on the PinballSTAR Facebook page

Odd that it took someone outside JJP to take and share these but thank you for doing so. Aside form the fact that I am waiting for a pin, I just love seeing this, behind the scenes type of thing.

1 week later
#3219 1 year ago

Was informed that they are behind but our LE goes on the line this week. I am remaining hopeful.

1 week later
#3255 1 year ago

GORGEOUS PIN!

#3278 12 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Time to prep the area.

The dining room, kitchen, entrance, whatever works... there is always room to set up a pin!

#3309 11 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

6 more LE's going out to customers this week. Another 8 in a couple of weeks.

Hopefully JJP is getting the first order out to their CDN distributors before the second goes out to USD.

1 week later
#3323 11 months ago

Following this and the owner's club. Has this thread run its course? Is there anything of importance that might be added here, going forward, as opposed to the owner's thread?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 28.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside