IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjmjmm2006.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2521 5 years ago

Just got our shipping info! Ours is leaving the Philly terminal now. On it's way to Helicon Brewing in Pittsburgh!

ABEL Electronics rocks!!

#2526 5 years ago
FB_IMG_1534539191206 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1534539191206 (resized).jpg
#2528 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Your killing me..it’s beautiful.. closeups?

This was taken by our tech to confirm it's all good. We have an unboxing video I will get up and I'm in route to Helicon now so I will take a bunch of pics for ya! Sorry for the delay. I've been told it's been played nonstop so no opportunities to get a pic from people at the brewery.

#2544 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Great to hear you are a craft beer lover! We are finding there is lots of overlap with the pinball and craft beer crowds.
Anyway, this game is stunning and folks are absolutely loving it. I am so happy to have it. If you email me an address I will send a care package expressing my thanks. [email protected]
Thanks again and please keep up the great work,
Chris
Owner, Helicon Brewing

You know my address. Can I have an IV drip of Rasp Wheat?

#2549 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Email an address! I really appreciate everything from everyone and am looking for ways to express my gratitude.
Cheers,
Chris

I didn't see a topper with this. I think we were supposed to get one?

#2550 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Had to cancel my CE.
Congrats on shipping though. I’ll wait until next yr to decide if I will go back in on CE after they show topper, final art, etc

The game is very cool with features I've never played before. I talked to Eric in length at Texas and he, along with my distributor made this an easy purchase for me. We actually bought 4 for my route. I'm thrilled to support a great group of guys.

Hope you come back to this game Ice. It is unlike any other game in my collection.

#2556 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure i will! I really like everything about it. Glad you guys are loving it and can't wait see more gameplay.

Thanks Ice, we are looking at streaming Sunday. Stay tuned!

#2558 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Beer and pinball is there a better combination.

Not in my estimation! =)

#2559 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm just messing with you.
Your gratitude is more than enough. Enjoy the game. Call me if you ever should need help.
LTG : )

We need help drinking this beer, you available?

#2563 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Prototype to final Differences:
So far I spot:
(Besides the obvious Spinning Disc)
1) Subway is now Metal Vs Plastic
2) We get full Length playfield support rails again ( like on Hobbit and Woz)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing that. Cool to see the differences.

#2566 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You notice anything different with the video content or music?
I kind of got the impression that there were some hidden surprises to be found in the game when the first machines were unboxed.

Our resident pinball pro will be better to speak of that. I can shot and play with the best of them. The rules guys tend to not be as skilled as me but win based on knowing all the stuff your talking about better than me. =)

#2567 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I love the full length support rails they give you such confidence when you are working on or cleaning the Playfield. unlike the pegs you find on some pins.

There is no question the word "robust" comes to mind when you put this unit into the service position. There is nothing that feels cheap or flimsy on this game. No doubt the overall build quality is there and there was a definite standard that was met on this game. Good on JJP for putting a complete package together.

#2568 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I love and appreciate the pictures but I would be playing that thing NON-STOP if I had it right now!

When I read this at a traffic light I was tempted to take a turn to 376 west and blow off my day to head to Helicon. Unfortunately for me, every day my daughters feet grow. =)

#2572 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Can anyone tell us if it shipped with Liar's Dice video mode.

@chrisb?

#2573 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not for beer. I'm here for almost twelve hours should you need tech support.

After 12 hours is up?

#2578 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

For the price difference, I'm on side of the 'money grab' comment, it's just too much of a spread in $$$, IMO.
That being said, I would love the CE for the artwork; cab, playfield and backglass. As cool as the topper is, I would even pass on that if it meant that I could have the Davy Jones package. I couldn't care less, at this point, for the barnacles (unless they are covering the majority of the hardware).

I dont know what the difference are from the collector model minus I was told you get a topper that is interactive with the game in some manner.

I use these games to put on location so I could be justify that for my route. We agreed to purchase 4 games initially and we do a 6 month evaluation on earnings before we will potentially buy more.

All that said if I were anywhere near retirement, I would buy the CE for my house if I like the look of it more. The playfield referenced above is enough reason for me to buy the CE for my personal use. Haha. Nothing against Johnny. The CE just looks cooler.

No matter what version you buy, your certainly getting a game back with features and innovation not seen in a machine of recent history.

#2580 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisb:

This has been the overwhelming response from folks playing the game so far. The people playing this game at the brewery span a wide range: from quite a few players ranked in the top 100 in the world to people who are playing pinball for the first time. Children and adults. Across the board, everyone enjoys this game.

Yes that is also what I've seen. The kids didn't want to leave yesterday. It's a great feeling providing something that the community loves! Thanks @chrisb!

#2582 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

How often is the shaker going, modes, bumpers, starting multi ball?

Hard to say as I don't know the rules well yet. Maybe someone on pinside that comes to Helicon could explain better.

#2585 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The collector edition gets the big bottle with a ship in it. As I recall the waves move, ship moves, and lightening. No idea what the final version will all do.

Is this reveal then buy or did you have to order it prior to seeing it?

#2587 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It only comes with the CE model. Nothing to order or buy.

I understand that. Has it been shown?

#2590 5 years ago

I see it now. Wow thanks Llyod.

#2592 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you can could you put up a link to your unboxing video when it goes up that would be really great thanks.

You got it

#2676 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is Davey Jones character coded in yet?
Couple streams ago he was there but they said he didn’t have any powers or code yet.

I've been talking like a pirate to my kids all day. My 5 year old comes up to me and says "the foul pet of Davy Jones!" What a great quote! Hope Davy is coded tonight!

#2677 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

If liars dice was done I'm sure they'd show it. The one at the brewery it wasnt finished yet

It was not coded as of yesterday. I'm looking forward to this evening, I think I'll learn a lot on the rules from watching some of yall play.

#2706 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

POTC is on the production line... We all know this. But, my question is why do bars, people who route them, etc.... get them way ahead of the homeowners? I am pretty sure there are more homeowners than people who route them... Maybe i am wrong.. Just asking..

I bought 4 LE's. That may be why. We also showcase the game for others to make decisions on. I helped get 2 more sales to my distributor just from last night.

#2707 5 years ago

So that means I can personally account for 6 units.

#2716 5 years ago

Game looks great Larry!! Congrats!

#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Totally agree. Like i said, distributors and a select few. No homeowners.

Hope you get your game soon!

#2888 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm not saying that no machines should be on location out of the gate. I just think it should be a 70/30 split, location vs homeowner. Stern doesn't strictly ship to locations/operators first, there are regular folks that get their machines in the same time frame and on a much shorter development and production timeline.
Yes from a mechanical standpoint locations gives it the best test with hundreds of play in a short period of time, BUT there have been thousands of games played on prototype machines anyway.
I think games that the homeowner gets are more likely to bring code issues/bugs to light quicker as you can dig deep into a game easier at home vs on location.
At this point, I would be amazed if there are any serious mechanical reliability issues. Code and bugs who knows because there are quite a few things that were never seen on any of the streams.
These are just my opinion and we are all allowed to have an opinion last I checked.

To be fair, stern does ship to us first. To get an early production game you must be a stern army location. I feel everyone's money is the same but I do see more home use game owners complain about minor issues where I coordinate with my distributor to resolve and make note.

Hope you get your game soon!

#2902 5 years ago

Ultimately the quality of product speaks for itself. That doesnt always translate to fun for everyone or even the casual player. I can say that our players love this game and the opinion I have heard multiple times is "the game looks and feels unlike any other here"

We have an incredible collection of game inventory at this location. So that is certainly a compliment. If production could get to a new unit every around expo time, that would be a healthy business plan I would think. I'm not claiming to be an expert but if I were jjp that would certainly be my goal.

#2920 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What's getting played more pirates or Deadpool and any news with the unboxing video?

At the minute pirates is. I tried several times to upload video but can not get it. I will be at the Cleveland show this week to get some help getting on the net.

#3002 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

honestly. I am not sure how else an operator can afford the price point on some of these games.
I still hear people complain daily about $1 per play on 8k games that are well maintained. The hobby cant survive on that mentality.

I've never been able to break a dollar per game on any units that are conventional payment (cash). This would be an incredible break through if this can become the norm. Pirates is $9500 plus freight. In all factors being considered, this game is $10k, right now, in September, not Christmas. At $1/play plus replays and matches this game will have approximately 12,000 plays before earning its cost. Now factor in location split and we have almost double that to achieve profit. Good thing I like pinball. Haha

#3003 5 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I agree and I get that. the casual player might not. especially when the sterns a few feet away are $2 for 3 games and set to 5 ball. but as a pinhead, it is my duty to support local pinball. you know. This same location does $2 Tuesday tallboys. so a 16oz tallboy or game of pinball? getting into dangerous territory.

This is exactly how I feel. I love pinball so I would support Chris but we are not the normal casual walk up customer. I got a message that a customer was concerned about the game costing $1. Huh? They may be a customer of the establishment but not a customer of the games.

#3016 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

First time I ran into something like that was on the full size ride on Sega Hang On motorcycle video game. Games from Tokyo had the 75¢ price per play labeled 3X25. Had a man walking by with a bag of groceries, came in and looked at it. Approached me and seemed angry. He said, "you mean to tell me that game is 75¢ ?". I screamed at him, " no it's three games for a quarter".
I love messing with non customers.

That's awesome. Haha

#3017 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We had people complain about $1 a game for the first few months on the route I help with. But once they realized that bought them a perfectly working Prem/LE game experience they couldn't get anywhere else within 200 miles, they calmed down. A couple games are 3 for $2, but all the rest are a straight $1. No complaints now.
If they ever get timed pricing tables implemented, on the JJP games I can see changing them to 5 ball $1.50 during certain times and seeing how that goes. Even at $1/play putting $9500 and up machines out isn't sustainable.

I agree. Pinball is a loss leader for us but of course I love pinball so.... I make bad decisions. Haha. Either way it's fun and provides our customers a good experience when visiting locations on my route.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjmjmm2006.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=cjmjmm2006 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.