IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chipscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

» YouTube video
This could be a possibility, programming the discs into this. It would take away the actual moving part feature but would still satisfy the customer base better than a large pizza. And if the pf is already in house and made it would only be a slight fix to get these in.

Clever idea. Certainly newer technology moving forward to consider for sure.

3 weeks later
#1582 5 years ago

For those who are excited about this game, believe me I am too.

Also, for those who previously had enjoyed the three separate spinning disks, especially if you had a chance to play them while they were functional, which I did at the Texas pinball Festival, the effect was really, really, really cool.

However, as excited as I am for this game, and will still probably get it no matter what, I have to say that while the new live streams showing the new single disc are demonstrating what I assume is their new concept for how they want it to work moving forward... the way that they have it starting, stopping, going one way briefly, stopping, inch, stop, inch, inch stop the other way, I have to say this: If the three spinning disks was a potentially bad long-term mechanism, when I see the new disc spinning in that kind of puttering fashion, it also looks like a broken mech, right off the bat. I'm sorry, but that's how it looks.
In checking out the newest streams, I would think anyone would agree.
Look, I'm just the little guy, the customer that loves to play Pinball, and one of many that's probably about to somehow shell out a mint for this bad boy, but I feel something has just got to change so it doesn't look like it's just constantly struggling, which frankly, it does.

...But the way that it putters one way, stops, struggle putters the other way, inch, inch stop, etc. ...or if not puttering, it's just still...man, for both of those new streams, it does not look like a adequately functioning mechanism, certainly doesn't look awesome, and no one seems to be enjoying it specifically, did you notice that?...and this time, by design?

Again, I know that is how they are coding it and designing it, but that's just not how it looks. I think that anyone stepping up to that game for the first time and seeing the disc spinning the way they have shown it on these last two streams, they would think that that mechanism was not working right, and maybe they would just be too polite to say anything. I may be alone in this interpretation, but probably not.

No matter what, I think it's a cool game, I think all in all they've done and are doing a really cool job with a really cool theme, it looks awesome, I know I'm probably going to get it, a sweet Pirate game, I mean come on, yeah of course we're all interested in that... I just had to say this, cuz I bet that there's other people thinking the same thing. And I absolutely agree with those people who have posted that the current design at that Center disc area could be much improved upon.

#1658 5 years ago

Wow, I thought this last twitch stream looked great. Seemed they did some more coding on the spinning disc action. I heard them mention that the strobe light under the slings, which were activated when the disc was spinning, is going to be removed. I didn't see or notice that on last stream if it was there, but I thought it was actually pretty cool on this last video. I for one certainly didn't mind that strobing at the slings and thought that added a difderent dimension to the gameplay ambiance. The spinning disc award on the LCD screen I thought was looking really nice.
All in all, I thought the game was looking good, code developing really well and everyone playing seemed to be having a blast. I want one

Anyone have an updated bead on when these badboys are planning to start shipping?

#1665 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed that on this last stream there were a fair amount of hard drains through the left middle outlane after the ball releases from the chapter shot? Looks like it's hitting a post or something to the left of the right ramp by the targets that sit there. Seems to happen alot in his particular stream, and I don't remember seeing it happening that much on the earlier streams...

#1671 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It's the exact same game we've been playing, but I think it was leveled slightly differently than previous times. TBH this last time we didn't have a whole lot of time to setup because I was holding onto the game to finish a couple things for the stream.

Thanks. I was wondering. Makes sense.
Game is really coming along well. Streams have been great. Code is really developing nicely.
Looked like everyone was having a blast!
Can't wait till we hear shipping timelines, can't wait to get my hands on one of these badboys!!

#1770 5 years ago

So depressing as it is. I was just talking to my wife about what I feel our next pinball machine should be. I have absolutely loved the idea of a pirate-themed movie. I told her again, for the 100th time that I think that it should be this Pirates of the Caribbean. I told her that it's looking awesome, and everybody loves a pirate themed game. She says no effing way. She says that Johnny Depp abused his wife, for real ,Amber Heard is her name, and it's the real deal.... and they have since made a settlement to keep from any major issues moving forward, but, the fact that he abuses wife is an absolute no-go. And I'm not allowed to get this machine. Period. It is a point of contention and listen everyone, I believe in equal rights, I love my wife. I believe that abuse is not a good thing at all, never acceptable, and this argument, which I was not expecting, will keep me from getting this machine. I'm sorry guys. I love the pirate theme. I think JJP has done an amazing job with the machine, the theme, the looks, everything. But I'm sorry. I'm not allowed to get it.

#1772 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Johnny Depp is barely featured in the game. And anyway, what about all the hard work of the other actors and producers on the POTC franchise? Those people's work shouldn't be tainted by one drunk jackass?

Yes, I know. She won't budge at all. I have to support My wife's position, which, frankly, it's probably no different than yours or mine. But she will not support anything having to do with domestic violence, domestic abuse, or anything of the sort. It is a complete Stonewall. And I have to support it. Not that I don't disagree with you, I totally see your point of view. But I'll take my wife over the pinball machine, and I am helpless against this argument.

#1773 5 years ago

"you are only as good as The Company You Keep"
-wife

#1788 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

But isn't Jack Sparrow a Playa'? That's a whole other hot topic at the moment so I assume that this won't fly for Mrs ChipScott either.
I was thinking that the CE would suit his situation as well but Sparrow is still a character to select in the game. Maybe they can program the option to remove his face and add a question mark for the character
I kid of course, again sorry to hear about this. My ex didn't particularly care for pinball in the end and it was just contentious between us. She could not see how anyone could 'love inanimate object(s)' and certainly did not believe that anyone could be 'passionate' about most things. Sadly, she of course had no interests or passion.
My new love could not be any more of a polar opposite. She sees the beauty of all things 'collectible', especially the art which is pinball and she often kicks my a$s as well on many games. Anywho... I digress (again).

I appreciate your suggestion. Better believe I also tried that CE suggestion too! Haha.
Don't get me wrong, my wife totally supports pinball. She buys my plane tickets and hotels for the festivals and is happy to organize the finances so that pinball machines can come to the house. But, as much as I was all jazzed up to score this game, I've been turned down on this particular suggestion100 times, and yesterday she really let me have it, and the why. Really stinks, cuz I think that the Jersey Jack crew are really hitting it out of the park with this game, and who wouldn't love an awesome modern day pirate themed pinball machine. Dammit JD!
Anyway, thank you all for your support, I appreciate it and it's great to have forums like this. Obviously, everyone on this thread is deeply into pinball just as I am. I'm gonna to have to just see y'all on some different threads...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chipscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=chipscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.