IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (5 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider axl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#761 5 years ago

Funny, when I played the proto in Germany a lot of the people I played with during the weekend said: “those discs are annoying, they should just do it with LEDs and move it to the LCD screen instead.”

1 week later
#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The only problem is if you're not a good player you'll never see your picture. Would be cool if they take your picture at the beginning and you could play as you.

Don`t forget the high score of the day. if you show up early enough you will get your poster.

1 week later
#1480 5 years ago

It would be great if the multiball start animation would be longer and more intense. Think Addams family.
If you already are in a multiball, you would get the short animations that are right now.
The animations are short, but looks great.

1 week later
#1629 5 years ago

I would rather have JJP slowly making great games with lots of toys and exciting things than 5 games with more or less the same layout.

#1682 5 years ago

I am so impressed by the attention to detail from the coders and David Thiel:
Each of the 22 characters have their own theme. In chapter modes the game will select the least recently used characters theme music. Impressive!

#1783 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Silver designed

Sorry to go off topic, Silver?

1 month later
#2093 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Never seen it put in print as "peek" because then the figure of speech makes no sense at all.

Like pore over or pour over?

#2096 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Is Pirates coming out this YEAR?

I checked one of the European distributors website, it says 31/07 with date to be confirmed.

Hopefully they will ship them in September?
I am in no hurry, I have to sell my BSD and IJ first.

#2131 5 years ago

My guess is that they are waiting to announce something before the first container leaves the factory.
They got burned by announcing POTC to early.

#2188 5 years ago

drinking some beer and updating on the JJP thread.
whats the deal? 2 weeks of other games and people running around like headless chickens screaming bulls**t.
The game will come, it will be awesome with fleshed out rules to keep everyone happy.

What is it with pinside people wanting everything to fail.....

#2224 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Fix the rings and all is forgiven.

Curious, did you play the game with the rings?

1 week later
#2255 5 years ago

Hogbog please post some pictures of the bare playfield and fully assembled game when you can.

3 weeks later
#2539 5 years ago

Great to see the game out in the wild! Super stoked!

#2542 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

My first game in the wild was delivered to a brewery? That is absolutely fantastic!

Maybe a rum cask IPA

#2597 5 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

I’m a CE purchaser.Why does anybody who buys a CE or a Stern LE always has to wait awhile until the game gets built? We definitely pay more and in most cases pre-order before anyone else but we still don’t get our games first

I for one would like to wait if i had that much money in the game.
Let them sort out all the small problems that pop up first.

#2640 5 years ago

Awesome stream today!
The production model played so fast. I noticed that the ball from the depths just as it passes the 2nd lane it slows down a tad. That was needed. For newbies it will drain fast.

The production ramps looks great. And the trough with the ramp going all the way, removing playfield wear and making the transition smoot. Just great!

#2646 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

They may be protectors, but they aren’t real Cliffys. Hopefully they hold up.

They are more like mantis protectors. If you look at all the scoops and holes, they don’t have a sharp clear edge. I guess that will help with wear.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2647 5 years ago

My only gripe with the game, and that is a small one. It never holds the ball so you can take a breather. At that speed I think I need it

#2661 5 years ago

i have noticed on previous streams when the ball settles in the mode start hole on the right side of the up post it drains straight to the left outlane.
Maybe that is what they are trying to fix.

#2685 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Does any buddy remember them talking about how cool the black pirate ship sails were going to be?

In a stream Eric mentioned that he had been talking about raising the sails and everybody thought he meant physical sails, what he meant to my memory was the sails that you raise with the spinners. Correct me if I am wrong.
Anyhow, sails would not have fit on the ship.

#2694 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s funny.The spinners on ship are the sails

Maybe the spinners should have sail decals on them?

#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I just recall someone saying 20+ a week was their target with their lines.

The important word is target. It will take some time before they reach that i guess.
I know that one Euro dealer has ordered a lot of them. They go by boat. Usually they get shipped early. At least that is what Stern does.

The euro dealer has changed the arrival date from 28/09 to 22/11. Its going to be a long wait...

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Plus they have to learn to work wearing an eye patch!

That cracked me up!

#2803 5 years ago

I see that RadCals are $400 extra, is it worth it? Does anyone have a comparison picture between the normal ones and the RadCals?
From DI, WOZ or TH? I guess the RadCals are not available yet for Pirates.

Edit: Found a video. That is high gloss!

#2838 5 years ago

I see the LE version as the home edition, the standard is for route or a low cost version. I couldn’t care less on how many is made, only that I hope they make a boatload of them to secure the future of JJP.

The CE is the true collectors edition. For those that need a plaque an something special.

A new naming scheme would probably do them good.

#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If buying the pin for my home I wouldn't want one of the very first few games off the line. Let a couple dozen be built first and have any early manufacturing bugs be worked out.

Totally agree!
I bet that all the locations have been on the preorder list before it was announced.
Getting the game out in the wild is more important that one dudes basement.

1 week later
#3033 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Bluetooth pairing for headphones

I think it was either keefer or jack that talked about this. Bluetooth is not very stable, and you would have to pair it with headsets on location. It will be a nightmare. At home, sure. They make games for both markets. Easiest would be to do it yourself with a audio to Bluetooth adapter.

3 weeks later
#3129 5 years ago

remember that other people from around the world are also day one buyers.
factor in the shipping time with boat, i guess you will get yours sooner.

#3146 5 years ago

Joe blew up the stream today with a whopping 9 million! Impressive and fun to watch

#3167 5 years ago

I think the stream was unannounced. I only saw it out of pure luck.
As KevInBuffalo says, the stream is always archived.

#3173 5 years ago

pinball_keefer please do it more, it was great!

1 week later
#3217 5 years ago
Quoted from magickeys:

I’ll post an unboxing the day it arrives....yarrrrrrrgh!

I remember reading the unboxing of your Dialed in with joy. Looking forward to it!

2 weeks later
#3319 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Speaking people missing haven't seen anything anything from Darth lately , I'm missing him asking when are these going to ship.

Check this post!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/9#post-4657833

#3321 5 years ago

I don’t dig the theme, but I don’t hate it. There is very little from the movies, and only pictures of the characters. The game is so good that I don’t care about the theme (almost).
When it comes to theme and games, if the game is good, I will give the theme a free pass. Other games I love that I’m not that hot on the theme, Congo? Shitty movie, great game, Shadow, the same, Indy, fantastic trilogy, boring game (with great modes).

TLDR: Pirates is a theme that is ok. But the game plays great and the code is fantastic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider axl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=axl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.