Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (1 year ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adborto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#401 1 year ago

I would have no problem paying in full, but I don’t believe that is the issue in this case. They most likely found out that their bill of materials was to high and decided that they needed to pull some features back to make the game profitable.

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from spoke:

First off, upper management should never have thrown him under the bus like they did. Why was he the one to present this alone, where was the support? Where was Jack or Joe or Pat or Keith? I find it hard to believe that they did not know this was going to blow up big and ugly.
Second, why publish this when they knew he would be at a show with may folks with deposits down, who they had to know were not going to be happy. That is not how you should treat someone, Eric deserves better and to me it only made them look worse (at least folks got a last chance to play with the three concentric disks).
Third, I feel bad for Eric (and Keith) that they can't make this work, I am sure he was proud of it, and it was super cool. I have to think that 99% of the suggestions and alternatives they that have been throw out have already been assessed by the JJP team. I sure hope, that they have spent a lot of time trying to making this work and this was very much a last resort, but again, show a united front, don't take your new hot designer and hang him out to dry.
On a positive note, for those not happy and want to get out, there are quite a few games to look at Iron Maiden, Houdini, TNA . . .

I agree. It did feel like he was hung out to dry. They should be kissing his you know what. It sure seemed like JJP had a lot of preorders from his work and leadership. The interviews showed that he knows his stuff. This was a dream theme for me and now I’m waiting to see if Munsters, Jaws, TAFr or TZr ever materialize. Hopefully it will change back to as promised. I’m waiting to hear what JJP says. Hoepefuliy some clarification will come soon.

#448 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I wouldn't take the video necessarily at face value. I'm not buying reliability issues with the disk, maybe the trunk though. I think this is purely cost cutting and since it is a major change in direction for the game, the msg should have come from the captain of the ship and that is Jack himself. Easy to use reliability as an excuse but cost cutting excuse would further enfuriate everyone.
The Captain always goes down with the ship! Arghhhh! No parlay for you! Lol☠️

They still have the disks shown and listed on their website. Maybe there is hope....

#472 1 year ago

What about redesigning the spinning disk to have a magnet in the middle like twister? When the compass goes into action on the display the ball is held in the middle so that you can see your reward.

If this is a reliability issue, this tech is already proven.

There really is no sustitute here and I agree with Vid.

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What about just giving us what we paid for?

Absolutely!

#497 1 year ago

Bring back the mechanical action! 3 disks and a functioning trunk! I played at Automated last December. The game was fine. In fact I ordered one from Automated right after it was announced. I can only imagine that the distributors all ordered an allocation based on preorder numbers.

#532 1 year ago
#608 1 year ago

What time is the stream tomorrow?

#945 1 year ago

I switched from a CE to LE. Looking forward to the game and seeing what a new designer has to offer. Definitely disappointed and still hope for a little art revision and a trunk mod.

#1115 1 year ago

I’m sticking with JJP. I played DI and Hobbit yesterday. They make some of the best games that I have ever played. I want to make sure that they are around for the long haul. Yup they screwed up. Still a young company. They will figure it out especially with all of our opinions! Haha.

#1151 1 year ago

I was just looking at my MMr. Compaired to POTC it has no where near the amount of toys and yet its rated #1 on pinside. If a theme is done right, it will still be a fun game. Looking forward to seeing if JJP actually does a few graphics revisions for the map and hopefully.... hopefully they can get the trunk to work. If not, someone has to make a mod for it. I’m still looking forward to this game getting delivered.

1 week later
#1469 1 year ago

Can JJP use any assets from the actual ride? Wouldn’t the “yo, ho, yo, ho” song be part of the ride’s assets? There are plenty of funny ideas and other items that could definitely be incorporated into the game. I could only imagine that the machine would end up somewhere near the ride at the parks too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adborto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside