IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1120 6 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

The amount of attention this manufacturer is getting for these small changes rivals when GM crushed all the EV-1 cars!
You guys are brutal. No wonder most manufacturers stay off this site. But this is [mostly] America where you can freely voice opinions.

I completely disagree. I would imagine Jack himself and others at JJP read these posts to get a feel for the pinhead community. They also listen closely to their distributors who influence their bottom line.

You used to have to pay for potential customer info, if you could even get it. They now get a specific market overview for free from message boards where people whine, moan, compliment, laugh and cry about their company, customer service and products. Collecting Jersey machines is a rich man's sport, so I can almost guarantee that they pay close attention to what the rich men are saying and doing related to their products and service.

Hi Jack! : ) - Your customer service is awesome, and I'm sure this setback will get fixed.

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

He's out of the Country....

Is he in Somalia? I'm pretty sure they at least have dial up...

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

It’s not his company anymore.
During the hobbit and WOZ days he was obsessed with pinside and posting some legendary comments.
I heard the new boss put an end to that.

Where did you hear this? If you're implying that no one at JJP browses msg boards as a customer litmus test, you're implying that the company is outright stupid. I find this incredibly difficult to believe... Also, how would the "new boss" stop Jack from reading webpages? It's not like it takes long. I could browse this entire thread for a general sense in about 15 minutes.

#1160 6 years ago

The fact that the disc spins both directions and at varying speeds is great news. It would be nice to also know what the material on the disc will be made of. Will it be grippy, like the original WW disks, or grippier? If it will throw the ball around and switch speeds/directions often, it will be a great, NEW mech.

The issue we have here is how JJP communicated the change. Had the original video showcased this new disc, with it's cool functionality and the digital awards, I think preorders wouldn't have sunk so much. This has a lot going for it, but it just wasn't advertised.

I've never been interested in buying this because of the recycled theme that I never liked the first time, but I'm now excited to play it again. I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised with this mech, assuming it can grip and rip balls around the playfield. Multiball will be even better!

#1274 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Agreed. There are so many actors that can voice Toy Story. The Pig, Mr. Potato Head, Slingky, The Dinosaur. While Tom Hanks or Tom Allen would rock, I think any main character could fit the bill.

It's not a question of if other people could do a good job on the voices, it's a question of if the owners of the license will allow it. It is very unlikely because they want to protect the authenticity of the license. An "almost Tom Hanks" is not good enough, and they couldn't give two turds about pinball.

1 week later
#1550 5 years ago

Got a chance to play pirates with the multi-directional disk, and it did very little to the ball. I would argue that a single disk will be just as good if not better. Game was really fun to play, and it has a TON of mechs and toys. I Can’t get past Jonny depp’s face on the PF though. An original theme, even involving pirates, and I’d have my order in. Bummer.

2 weeks later
#1831 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Dimpling is the biggest disappointment in modern pins in my view and it's totally avoidable you can get plywood twice as dence that won't dimple and they don't use it for what ever reason.

I disagree, but there is an entire Richie thread about this argument...

#1868 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Wow! I just don't see it. I've played a pro locally that was at the release show (pre-purchase show pin through Marco) and it was just clunky. I liked the music and the theme etc... but it must not be set up. Plunge the ball... bam straight into the upper LT flipper unless you hold it up and plunge. Then the flying balls off the ramp etc... not flowy.. I knew that with everything that I have been reading that it must just be a setup thing but as it sat, no F'ing way would anyone think that it is even close to the 'best'.
Another friend has one who is meticulous and I am excited to try his to see the difference and experience the game. Until then, there are a lot of great classics that can be had for the same or less.

It has to be set up for sure. I absolutely detest stern and most of their machines from the last decade, but imdn LE is the most addictive new game I’ve ever owned. It’s 4am here and I’m still awake because I needed ‘one more game.’ The game has bursts of epic flow, more so than any other stern or possibly any other machine I’ve ever played. The build quality, animations and number of toys is no match for jjp though!

1 week later
#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I want a JJP pirate shirt, do we get one with our purchase or can we buy them?

You don't get a shirt, but you do get a meal with the key grip who worked on the second movie. You also get an empty rum bottle and a Disney jacket. TOTALLY JEALOUS!

2 weeks later
#2055 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Guys that played this game, do you think it's worth selling a Metallica pro and tspp in order to fund an Le? I really want the game, but it's trading two for one basically. Curious on thoughts.

Two for one with good titles is rarely a good idea. I can't stand met, but tspp is a great machine. If you like them both, I'd keep them, save up and add jjpotc. If it was me, I'd dump met, keep tspp, and pay the balance for jjpotc.

#2068 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone else getting the feeling that POTC hype is rapidly running out of steam?
I’m almost to the point of zero excitement and I really really do want this machine.

This is just the pre-release Pinside excitement/rant/rave sequence. When the game comes out, it will reboot to a Pinside excitement/rant/issues/rave sequence. Predictions: the game will shoot up to the top 20 and likely remain there. Sales will be a bit slower and steady than Dialed-in, but they will be decent.

When I played this machine, I absolutely loved it. It's only the theme that holds me back. An original pirate theme would have secured a purchase from me. Just can't have Jonny staring at me in my gameroom. Just can't do it. Plus Stern already did it. I just can't wrap my head around the theme decision. Seems to be JJP biggest blunder to date.

3 weeks later
#2237 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

SIM card is not hard to hit. And I have cliffy's on the hole too.

Absolute LIARAbsolute LIAR

1 week later
#2264 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

When He arrives, it will be a GREAT day.

There will be much rejoicing, and endless pinball for all the children.

4 weeks later
#2671 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern usually produces LEs early in the production cycle.
I much prefer the JJP approach where the CEs are produced later in the cycle after all the little production changes/improvements are figured out.

Stern sent out a batch of IM pros before the LEs

1 week later
#2901 5 years ago

^ THIS

Hmmm.. Seeing it's a new page should it be:

<THIS

?

1 month later
#3262 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Is JJP POTC similar in that leg levelers are supposed to be all the way in to get correct pitch?

Crank the back way up. Faster. More challenging. Better for tounament practice. Just... better!

#3284 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Its Heree!!!!
Yahhhrrrrreeeeee
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lucky JJP machines don't get stuck sitting next to a Stern.

#3287 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why? There are people that enjoy both

I have both. Stern makes inferior machines. It was a satirical statement.

#3292 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yet you just spent money on a brand new Stern Iron Maiden seems to me you just like to bitch

I'm not allowed to have an opinion about my brand new Stern Iron Maiden that I paid $12500CAD for? Side by side with my DI, the Stern machine is A JOKE. But that's just me bitchin' again...

#3302 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Maybe I should give DILE another chance. Was the early code poor? I sold it after a month. My impression playing POTC at TPF was that it is more fun than DILE. Do you guys have any thoughts on that? I've had a different experience with Stern than you, but only have two of their games. My IMDN LE has been excellent and very high quality. I had more issues with DILE. So I'll be in with Brian Eddy's game, if it is fun. But Toy Story is the one I'm really interested in.

I’ve had the same experience with my DILE. It’s had more issues than the stern. Phone had issues; no phone in the stern. Trap door issue; no real sewer in the stern and I did have a small issue with the stern ramp mech. That was it though. JJP use better wood, better electronics, better toys, better everything. IMDN was a dream theme coupled with Elwin, but it’s definitely not worth the same as my DI LE based on value for the dollar, not by a long shot. I knew this going in, and stern didn’t let me down with their extreme cheapness of product. Like the game, but never again.

As for giving DI another chance, new code is about to drop which adds to the game, but it won’t be vastly different. Scoring will be better balanced and a theatre mb will be added. To me, it’s a Lawlor masterpiece, but I dig his designs.

#3307 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Great input, thanks! I’ll definitely get another JJP. I like Lawlor as well and can’t help but notice the flipper and pop bumpers on IMDN are configured like TZ.

Yeah, I've noticed that two, but I find that that is where the similarities end. IMDN is so fast in comparison, and it has the Black Knight 2000 looping!

#3320 5 years ago

Man, I'm soooooo bummed that this theme killed it for me, and I'm not even that picky with themes. This game looks and plays amazing. Just can't stand a retheme, especially with JD's face in the middle. You guys that dig the theme are lucky!

#3322 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I don’t dig the theme, but I don’t hate it. There is very little from the movies, and only pictures of the characters. The game is so good that I don’t care about the theme (almost).
When it comes to theme and games, if the game is good, I will give the theme a free pass. Other games I love that I’m not that hot on the theme, Congo? Shitty movie, great game, Shadow, the same, Indy, fantastic trilogy, boring game (with great modes).
TLDR: Pirates is a theme that is ok. But the game plays great and the code is fantastic.

I hear ya, but I haven't seen Congo and "Jungle and Apes" is a good stand-alone theme. I own the shadow and haven't seen the movie or read the comics. "Dark shodowy figure with a gun" is decent on its own. Everyone knows the overblown Disney series with JD, plus its a remake but a different company... It's like if Stern put out a game based on one the newer Star Wars movies, like the one with the annoying kid, and JJP decides to remake that same theme, when there are countless others out there. It's a punch in the gut to me. Just can't get past it.

All that being said, and as I've said, I'm jealous that I can't as I've played the game and loved it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.