IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#236 6 years ago

I can totally understand people’s disappointment. And JJP really shouldn’t release a game until they know what they’ve got. But let’s not just assume the game sucks now.

Remember STLE? I personally thought the coolest feature in the game was the catapult kicker that was to shoot the ball from the lower left side of the playfield up to the upper right flipper. But guess what? Before the game shipped Stern removed the feature because they couldn’t get it to work. Not sure why, since Fish Tales had that feature 20 years earlier, and so did MM. I guess Gary and Steve and all the other folks at Stern just couldn’t figure it out, so they put in a garden variety vertical upkicker instead, that was not just uninspired -oh, let’s have it feed the left flipper via the i lane - but added absolutely zero to the game. At least STLE had the tinfoil to make up for it.

And speaking of Stern, they aren’t exactly brilliant or innovative in their toy output. The trunk in Aerosmith is cool, but outside of that, they haven’t done much of anything since the Ironmonger.

I hope JJP overcomes this setback. And I also hope they offer a lower price point machine at some point. I’m out at $8k, spinning discs or no spinning discs.

#616 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really, no.
There's clearly ONE best way of doing it, and it's the Stern way. People bitch about code all the time, but that can always be fixed or changed. Clearly it's not worth it to reveal games until they are absolutely ready - that's the big takeaway from all of this. It's not worth it to dazzle a show crowd just to have to deal with potential messes like this months later.
I hope everybody remembers this next time it seems like the end of the world that a game isn't being revealed at a show, but I doubt it.

Levi, that’s kind of a bit of BS. Sterns QC has been SOOOO BAD at times. Avengers was an absolute joke, Ghostbusters was as bad or even worse...and that’s just on game features AS DESIGNED! I’m not even talking about decals peeling, clearcoat chipping, cabinets splitting, boards frying, etc.

Stern has had more problems than just lackadaisical code development. They have been very irresponsible with some of their releases.

Just sayin’.

#617 6 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

If you are realy staff at jjp ,I find this a real stupid response and totaly not professional better ask your PR people to react in stead of the soldering dude

You just lost the Interwebs on this day.

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

jjp has to be concerned. even the canadians are pissed!

Maybe we should just blame Canada for this mess?

#626 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Apples and oranges dude.
Can you seriously cite something just like this?!
Issues post release are different than such drastic post-reveal changes.
Just sayin

My point is that maybe Stern should redesign stuff post reveal. Or delay their own reveals/releases even longer to ensure their mechs and toys actually work. But instead, they spend the next 12 months replacing parts, rebuilding mechs, etc.
And what about GOT? They had to change the game’s rules because their freaking orbit didn’t work.
And STLE, changing the catapult to a VUK. I’m sure there are many examples, but the bottom line is that Stern stuff usually isn’t that inspiring. So when they change something it doesn’t really matter, because no one cares.

Added over 6 years ago: Stern probably knows some of their game is garbage prior I release, but releases it anyway, hoping for the best and, as stated above, sending replacement parts to customers when stuff inevitably breaks.

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

One problem I see is that the people that play them (a lot) at arcades but don't buy games much don't care nearly as much about QC issues or getting feature packed games providing value for the price paid for the machine.

Exactly. And that describes Levi. But that’s probably your point.

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

What if they took out the fast spinning feature completely and have the disc spin at low speed to award the combinations in a swaying motion like water in a glass on a ship...sway left a bit, the right alot, then left alot, then right a bit and settle on the awards. So outer ring spins left, inner ring spins right, center right spins left and make it the primary function of the disc. I could get behind that. If you take the spinning out of the fast spiining out of the equation they could perhaps keep the mech. Plus I would be cool and alot sacrifice fast spinning

Great idea! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-save-the-3-disks-poll

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Gary knows exactly how many they made, but he expertly doges the questions he does not want to answer.

Gary “expertly dodges”. What a crock. A lie by any other name...

#1033 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

except on the ramp up to the moving ship, which is where they need one

I keep hearing this, but what’s the big deal? It’s different (uh-oh, look out). If you don’t want to go up to the mini playfield, than don’t hit the damn ramp. I love ramps in general and the fact that they usually return the ball to the flipper, because it’s fun and flowy. But most ramp shots are no more impactful than any other shot on the playfield might be. So in this case, the ramp serves an actual purpose other than collecting one reward on one shot, that is, delivering you to the ship.

What’s the big deal?

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No yet. Checking his Facebook posts.
LTG : )

Jack has been hunkered down with Jpop for the last 72 hours. Finalizing the licensing for the Real Solenoid Quickstep that’s going to save the spinning discs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 38.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=TheFamilyArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.