IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Pat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

That’s too bad. You’ve removed in my opinion one of your “premium” most complex mechs after we fell in love with it. (The disc, it was very JJP in the sense there was nothing like it before.) And it’s theme integration was top notch.

Although as a customer hunting for my first NIB JJP game soon this makes me sad, it is however a super smart business decision and I’m sure it will still be a tremendous game. JJP making what I’m sure was a very hard decision with these removals will make them a stronger business in my opinion. The risk reward on this one doesn’t pan out I suppose. And we still get the cannon firing ship!!!
This will also help them keep up the tremendous customer service If they don’t have to replace 300 spinning mechs under warranty.

#21 6 years ago

In a way the chest mech is coming pre-broken. Worst case a moving mech breaks and becomes stationary. It’s like replacing an escalator with stairs cause you’re afraid it will break. (I joke, I joke.)

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I get a hell of a lot more bang for my buck at $5,400 for a GOTG Pro than an $8,500 game that does not have licensed music, no scenes from the movie, and now two interactive toys have been seriously downgraded.
Oh, and by the way, even a $5,400 Aerosmith Pro has a trunk that can open and close and lock the balls.
So let's curb the JJP hyperbole.

I’m also a little stumped about the chest being a problem. I’m sure it must be, but it certainly seems doable. Houdini and Aerosmith seem to be managing...

#101 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure its gonna still be a great game, no doubt about it, and I'll keep my preorder for now BUT I can't see dropping $12,500 on a CE after this.

B99EEB49-204D-4B9D-9AB5-C22CBF317EC5 (resized).jpegB99EEB49-204D-4B9D-9AB5-C22CBF317EC5 (resized).jpeg

#106 6 years ago

Remove the features as suggested now and drop the price $500. Fix the engineering for the mechs and re-release the game as the black pearl package next year for $9500 and sell the upgrades as a kit for $1000 to original owners. Don’t give up on the masterpiece this game could be, and keep a viable product to sell now. Win - Win.

#178 6 years ago

I still want them to keep the vision of this pin from launch.

Step 1) Sell the pin at a reduced cost in its current form (with 2 reduced mechs).
This will satisfy the schedule and help JJP establish themselves as being able to meet timelines. This has been their largest criticism from this community and the industry at large.

Step 2) Work the engineering of these mechs and sell them next year as DIY installs for the game. They should be added to new sales in 2019 (similar to the backalley mods in WOZ RR at a premium) when they are available.

Chest) The chest should be relatively simple to fix with a solenoid and a mounting bracket. (Some physical mods to the chest).

Disc) The disc needs more time, but I think JJP could do it, just not in their current time-frame.
Eric's engineering is already coming in handy in a way, he engineered it to come out easily and be serviceable. This would allow early machine buyers with the pizza mech. to replace it with the triple spinner once the kinks are worked out.

Two messages for JJP:

Jack, don't give up trying to get your features. I can see you now doing cartwheels saying JJP games should blow the competition away. That was you Vision you had for JJP.

Investors, release the game now but continue to develop it to the dream it started as.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Bull$hit! Not a fan of this idea; credit $500 now and then repurchase for twice the price once it is ready? I'd be more than 'happy' to keep the same price with a free swap-out when ready and I could easily wait for that, as long as needed. This of course assumes that JJP could commit to continuing the evolution of the mech.

Agreed, I am not sure exactly what the numbers look like, but they certainly shouldn't make a pile of additional money on the early adopters selling them upgraded mechs. And in my experience with JJP, they will take care of the customers. My point was that there is value in developing the mechs.

#463 6 years ago

I do find it a little crazy if the price isn’t changed. The overall impact of what is removed is basically the step between Pro and Premium an a Stern game.

Premium: sculpted and animated treasure chest that opens and closes.
Pro: Static chest

Premium: 3 piece rotating lighted compass bonus wheel.
Pro: single wheel

That is way more than $0 in the eyes of the buyers...

#632 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Their slogan stating - “Our Games Premium No Compromise” clearly doesn’t apply to this title. Lol

E2FC45F1-1C28-43F6-A3AD-ED9AA13C2DF3 (resized).jpegE2FC45F1-1C28-43F6-A3AD-ED9AA13C2DF3 (resized).jpeg

#1015 6 years ago

Regarding the discs, you know that feeling you get, when you know something is missing. You might never even use that socket, but knowing it's gone always bothers you.

As a side note, I think I am the only person who is more hung up by the Chest than the Discs. I think they at least addressed the Discs. Changed the Bom and design to build a more reliable game. The chest, they just decoupled the moving parts and are calling that a solution. If the chest was changed to one cast piece I'd get it. But to have a non-functioning chest with what should have been all the moving internals, that is the part that feels shoddy to me at this point.

1511-sockets (resized).jpg1511-sockets (resized).jpg

4 months later
#2834 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

pinballstar, Joe thank you for the explanation. It is certainly not something that you should have had to post to justify the sale, that is on me. Although drama and rumour were not my intention, I can now see the insinuation with my 'are you suggesting that...' scenario. It was unnecessary and unprofessional and for that I apologize to you and to Jack.

This reply makes me proud to be Canadian.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 38.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Pat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=Pinball-Pat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.