Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 67.
#301 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

YES! I think this is the ideal solution and would please nearly everyone. One giant disk looks out of place and doesn't appear to represent anything from the movies. 3 smaller disks that could fit within the same playfield cutout would mean no major playfield changes. Heck, this would probably be even better then the original design for customers seeing that the map would still live on through the LCD, 3 spinning disks could represent something entirely different adding yet another layer of depth to the game.
3 of these motors and disks could be used in a triangle configuration where the current disk is. A bracket that would hold all 3 would fill in the entire cutout area which could then be removed for easy serviceability.

Good write up. Now Jack just needs to get this done.

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It might be simpler to just drop the price by 1K.
The price drop might also help overall sales.

Yea, I think this would be a good move by JJP. The initial thrill of this game has already faded and iron maiden success and cgc 3 release is coming soon. JJP could build up a little more excitement by dropping price a little. People are for sure going to bail on the game now. $9500 is a lot of dough for a scaled down game.

#303 1 year ago

Agree that the new spinning disc could look better.

Assuming they don’t have much of a choice here. They are likely trying to get into production. May already have play fields stocked and they need a solution that will fit in that space and fast. So when in doubt go with what is known to work. Agree they should change that artwork on the spinner to something better looking.

I have not ordered one so my vote does not count here. But I think the wow factor on this machine was the upper play field and the fact that everyone seems to think it is a killer layout. Agee the spinner change is a bit of a bummer. Hopefully they can make it look a bit better and throw in something to make up for it.... improved something else..... I have not looked but could u add a spinner on there somewhere to take up the spinning disc type action.. I know it would not impact ball in same way.

#304 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Very poor mock-up of 3 discs (a-la-Whirlwind) with pointers for the award feature:

YES! That looks very nice and far more interesting and interactive then 1 giant disk.

#305 1 year ago

Just heard that Eric will be on Kaneda's pinball podcast this Monday.

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just heard that Eric will be on Kaneda's pinball podcast this Monday.

I guess that means he will not have his typical bash fest podcast episode that he does whenever there is disappointing news in the hobby.

#307 1 year ago

It's time to...lol
Capture (resized).JPG

#308 1 year ago

The right thing for JJP to do is delay the release and make work reliably.

If they can’t do this, they need to delay and go back to the drawing board for a partial re-design for the discs and chest. New ideas/toys, not some BS lick it and stick it 25 cent POS decal.

How about a round led display in pf that looks just like the three spinning discs? They can do the same thing.

If they are unable/unwilling to do any of this then they have a big f$&@ing shit storm coming.

#309 1 year ago

CE Deposit Canceled today sadly. If anyone is interested in CE #17 it is now available with a free Pizza Spatula! Sorry but this decision is Not what I would call a "few minor Tweaks". So really wanted this game and Sincerely feel bad for Eric. He rocketed toward pinball stardom only to have his visions and creation crushed by poor business decisions. I only hope he will not let this defeat sway his future vision and creativity. He is Very talented. For now CGC is up and no matter what the title I am In!

#310 1 year ago

More I’ve thought about it...Disney probably approved everything including replacing the 3 disks with 1. He did mention that JJP was ready to go into production soon. If that’s the case, likely all bets off that they go back to the original design no matter what is said on this thread.

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from pipes:

It's probably not all bad news for JJP as I'm sure this update video will help boost Dialed In sales a bit.

Yup, I'm almost 100% sure now that I'll be buying a Dialed In for my next pin instead of POTC. I was critical of Dialed In early on due to the theme but have slowly realized its one of the best themes out there as since its original everything could be integrated so well from the toys, callouts to the LCD animations. With Pirates I'll always have the issue of no movie actor audio / video not being in the game. Dialed In doesn't have that concern. Also, while Dialed In doesn't have 125+ modes the modes it does have feel more substantial, unique and meaningful then those currently in Pirates in my opinion.

DILE-playfield-close-LE (resized).png

#312 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, I'm almost 100% sure now that I'll be buying a Dialed In for my next pin instead of POTC.

I'm surprised you don't have one already.

#313 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, I'm almost 100% sure now that I'll be buying a Dialed In for my next pin instead of POTC. I was critical of Dialed In early on due to the theme but have slowly realized its one of the best themes out there as since its original everything could be integrated so well from the toys, callouts to the LCD animations. With Pirates I'll always have the issue of no movie actor audio / video not being in the game. Dialed In doesn't have that concern. Also, while Dialed In doesn't have 125+ modes the modes it does have feel far more substantial, unique and meaningful then those currently in Pirates in my opinion.

Yup right there with ya. I feel badly for JJP/Eric as they will surly lose some sales on POTC and I want to seem them both do well. However if some pivot to DI at least JJP will get some funds in from that to help them absorb some of the financial hit.

#314 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Yup right there with ya. I feel badly for JJP/Eric as they will surly lose some sales on POTC and I want to seem them both do well. However if some pivot to DI at least JJP will get some funds in from that to help them absorb some of the financial hit.

Yeah, great point, more Dialed In sales will help JJP. They will get my money and that of others anyway, lol.

#315 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, I'm almost 100% sure now that I'll be buying a Dialed In

Now that sounds like a solid commitment! Are you Almost 100% sure your thinking about being certain? lol just playing with this fun filled day of news.

#316 1 year ago

Even if I stick with it I am worried that with everyone pulling out of the ce it will lower it's value and where does it say that the rings will be on the back box ,are they still doing the awards on the single disc and why no lights on the single disc

#318 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The right thing for JJP to do is delay the release

It has been 6 months since the unveil that I am sure cut into DI sales and you think a delay is a good idea

#319 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For now CGC is up and no matter what the title I am In!

Even if it’s a Vault?

442BF356-7390-4230-BE54-8FD840FD5AB6 (resized).jpeg

#320 1 year ago

This could be a possibility, programming the discs into this. It would take away the actual moving part feature but would still satisfy the customer base better than a large pizza. And if the pf is already in house and made it would only be a slight fix to get these in.

#321 1 year ago

Very cool tech - free form displays! But years away as mentioned in the video

#322 1 year ago

I have been looking at the posts over the last couple of days and I think that JJP has gotten a message that their current version ain't going to cut it with their adoring fans; whether they choose to do something about it remains to be seen. I still think PANZERFREAK's Maelstrom id (post #171) is the best that I've seen so far. It could be tied to operate when the ball drains down from the maelstrom into the lower play field and provide some added great action there plus adding another great tie-in to the movie. I guess I will need to see how JJP responds to all of the critiques offered herein before deciding if I should cancel or not. I just sincerely hope they come up with a better plan than current version.

#323 1 year ago
Quoted from heni1977:

» YouTube video
This could be a possibility, programming the discs into this. It would take away the actual moving part feature but would still satisfy the customer base better than a large pizza. And if the pf is already in house and made it would only be a slight fix to get these in.

Clever idea. Certainly newer technology moving forward to consider for sure.

#324 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I have been looking at the posts over the last couple of days and I think that JJP has gotten a message that their current version ain't going to cut it with their adoring fans; whether they choose to do something about it remains to be seen. I still think PANZERFREAK's Maelstrom id (post #171) is the best that I've seen so far. It could be tied to operate when the ball drains down from the maelstrom into the lower play field and provide some added great action there plus adding another great tie-in to the movie. I guess I will need to see how JJP responds to all of the critiques offered herein before deciding if I should cancel or not. I just sincerely hope they come up with a better plan than current version.

Thanks! Yeah it would be cool to see the disk activate when the diverter on the maelstrom ramp activates like you said. There's no point in having the large single disk act like an inferior version of what once was which will be replicated virtually on the LCD. JP could probably design some really slick maelstrom animations that could take up the whole screen when the disk initially activates after the maelstrom ramp diverter activates. Hit the ramp, hold ball in the subway for a few seconds, play awesome animation on LCD with cool sound affects and then activate the disk.

#325 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I guess I will need to see how JJP responds to all of the critiques offered herein before deciding if I should cancel or not. I just sincerely hope they come up with a better plan than current version.

Well, Eric mentioned to someone at MGC that the cheese pizza disc is the final version. That was posted in one of the threads somewhere. Hoping for anything else is probably a waste of time.

#326 1 year ago
Quoted from pipes:

Well, Eric mentioned to someone at MGC that the cheese pizza disc is the final version. That was posted in one of the threads somewhere. Hoping for anything else is probably a waste of time.

Depends how many order cancellations they get in the next few days maybe.

#327 1 year ago
Quoted from pipes:

That's why as of this time I've cancelled my pre-order. The replacement idea feels forced and out of place in part because the decal on the disk looks so out of place. The last live stream from 3 weeks ago still had the original 3x disk in it so the decision to move to a single disk appears to have been made relatively recently.

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks! Yeah it would be cool to see the disk activate when the diverter on the maelstrom ramp activates like you said. There's no point in having the large single disk act like an inferior version of what once was which will be replicated virtually on the LCD. JP could probably design some really slick maelstrom animations that could take up the whole screen when the disk initially activates after the maelstrom ramp diverter activates. Hit the ramp, hold ball in the subway for a few seconds, play awesome animation on LCD with cool sound affects and then activate the disk.

Best idea so far that is possible in timeframe.

Could add some lightning inserts to create a thunderstorm effect.

Then have all playfield lighting go out so just the disc spinning with lighting and sound effects.

mael2 (resized).jpg

#329 1 year ago

If they had any concerns about this mech they should have been working on a plan B from the very beginning that at the very least could have been implemented into another game down the road. They're just throwing a last minute band aid on it which is what bothers me the most.

#330 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Best idea so far that is possible in timeframe.
Could add some lightning inserts to create a thunderstorm effect.
Then have all playfield lighting go out so just the disc spinning with lighting and sound effects.

That would be an awesome effect.

#331 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

It has been 6 months since the unveil that I am sure cut into DI sales and you think a delay is a good idea

Yeah I do. I have one on order and I want it to be the cutting edge innovative machine that it was intended to me.

With these cuts and a lack of licensed audio video, it’s pretty much a 10k nothing burger to me. Oh boy we still have a rocking ship to play with.

Put the game out as designed, whether it’s 6 months or 10 months. Time frame is irrelevant to me however if they lose a shit load of sales, it will be more costly than absorbing the cost of more development time. Jmho.

#332 1 year ago

Just want to remind most most of you that there is a "Preview post" button. Use it, make your scathing, unapologetic post then, review and delete it. It does help, and it feels good.

If you take offense to this, well then...

#333 1 year ago

It looks like they are going with the theory that once the game gets out in people's hands and we ooh and ahh about it then all will be forgotten regarding the discs.

Maybe they feel that good and confident about the game otherwise.

I think the Black Pearl has set sail and production is on its way.

#334 1 year ago

Meant to post this in this thread.

If the mech wasn't reliable wouldn't that have been determined months ago? Shouldn't there have been test rigs / stations that just ran the 3x disk mech constantly and in different configurations a long time ago?

I know Stern does test stations for many of their mechs including the Ghostbusters Premium subway ramp with ball lock. Supposedly that was tested 300,000 times or something.

#335 1 year ago

If the playfields are already made then that limits what can be done with the art because the art related to the disk is on the edge of the playfield where the disk begins.

#336 1 year ago

This is sad news I think it definitely lowers (slightly) the intrinsic value this machine would have had. It was a very cool unique feature to this pin. I wasn’t following the trunk issue?? The stern POTC opens and closes and it’s a great effect IMO, too bad this is now basically a static decoration. I’m sure this game will still be just amazing.

Also makes me wonder if it will Lower cost?

#337 1 year ago

Change the decal from the pizza map to that of a maelstrom, implement some animations for the maelstrom disk, let the 3x map live on in the LCD and drop the price $500 across all models. That should please nearly everyone.

#338 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It looks like they are going with the theory that once the game gets out in people's hands and we ooh and ahh about it then all will be forgotten regarding the discs.
Maybe they feel that good and confident about the game otherwise.
I think the Black Pearl has set sail and production is on its way.

Are u still in on the ce?

#339 1 year ago

Is JJP lowering the price back down because of stripping out the features?

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Is JJP lowering the price back down because of stripping out the features?

Nothing has been said about that.

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Are u still in on the ce?

I told Joe i was doubtful as of right now but I'm gonna watch the stream and keep an open mind.

I'll probably roll those $$ over to CGC and its next title and save $$ at the same time. I love my AFMRLE

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from Slingshot:

Just want to remind most most of you that there is a "Preview post" button. Use it, make your scathing, unapologetic post then, review and delete it. It does help, and it feels good.
If you take offense to this, well then...

I think when you are asking folks to part with 9K-12.5K, you had better have a game which warrants the price or some very thick skin.

#343 1 year ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&autoplay=1&rel=0&v=yCihLzmv--0

This stream was From 1st March 2018. See Eric’s comments at the 6 minute mark with regard the spinner reliability

Just makes no sense

#344 1 year ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

» YouTube video
This stream was From 1st March 2018. See Eric’s comments at the 6 minute mark with regard the spinner reliability
Just makes no sense

It's not unreasonable to wonder if production cost is more than what they had anticipated. Obviously they would never admit to that. I personally think the update video is a bunch of BS.

#345 1 year ago

"Maybe Jack needs a refresher course!"

ballbearings (resized).jpg

#346 1 year ago

Just makes no sense

Interesting indeed.

Maybe they found out it just costs too much to manufacture?

They would not admit this so it is just pure speculation.

#347 1 year ago

I cant believe they would make these MAJOR changes and try to pass them off as no big deal. If I had put any money down on this game, I would get a full refund asap. I'm really disappointed in JJP for this.

#348 1 year ago
Quoted from pipes:

It's not unreasonable to wonder if production cost is more than what they had anticipated. Obviously they would never admit to that. I personally think the update video is a bunch of BS.

You beat to to it!

#349 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I told Joe i was doubtful as of right now but I'm gonna watch the stream and keep an open mind.
I'll probably roll those $$ over to CGC and its next title and save $$ at the same time. I love my AFMRLE

The contrast between CGC and JJP is interesting. CGC took some heat for not revealing their game at TPF as initially planned. When I asked Doug about it at the show he said they decided to delay the reveal because they wanted to add more features to the game. Taking away features is a bad business decision by JJP. Better to have never shown them to begin with.

#350 1 year ago

Just makes no sense

Yeah that makes it sound like the mech had been reliable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, NE
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside