IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 67.
#3301 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Maybe I should give DILE another chance. Was the early code poor?

I dunno "poor", but I'd agree with "lacking". There's (at least) one more major rev coming Real Soon Now; I'd wait to see what that adds before I re-bought.

#3302 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Maybe I should give DILE another chance. Was the early code poor? I sold it after a month. My impression playing POTC at TPF was that it is more fun than DILE. Do you guys have any thoughts on that? I've had a different experience with Stern than you, but only have two of their games. My IMDN LE has been excellent and very high quality. I had more issues with DILE. So I'll be in with Brian Eddy's game, if it is fun. But Toy Story is the one I'm really interested in.

I’ve had the same experience with my DILE. It’s had more issues than the stern. Phone had issues; no phone in the stern. Trap door issue; no real sewer in the stern and I did have a small issue with the stern ramp mech. That was it though. JJP use better wood, better electronics, better toys, better everything. IMDN was a dream theme coupled with Elwin, but it’s definitely not worth the same as my DI LE based on value for the dollar, not by a long shot. I knew this going in, and stern didn’t let me down with their extreme cheapness of product. Like the game, but never again.

As for giving DI another chance, new code is about to drop which adds to the game, but it won’t be vastly different. Scoring will be better balanced and a theatre mb will be added. To me, it’s a Lawlor masterpiece, but I dig his designs.

#3303 5 years ago

Any comments from people on buying direct from JJP or using a distributor? It looks like the distributors charge a bit more to ship and set up the game. Don’t know that I really need the setup but don’t know if I have problems in the future if the distributor would be more helpful than trying to get to JJP direct.

#3304 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Any comments from people on buying direct from JJP or using a distributor? It looks like the distributors charge a bit more to ship and set up the game. Don’t know that I really need the setup but don’t know if I have problems in the future if the distributor would be more helpful than trying to get to JJP direct.

If your calling the right distributor they aren’t charging more. I went through Flippen out Pinball Larry and the transaction and communication was Seemless. There are many that will take care of you. As for service JJP is top notch if you have any issues. Plus you can poke #LTG as their service tech he Never sleeps. Wonderful game absolutely no regrets on this purchase.

#3305 5 years ago

It's home!!

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
#3306 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

As for giving DI another chance, new code is about to drop which adds to the game, but it won’t be vastly different. Scoring will be better balanced and a theatre mb will be added. To me, it’s a Lawlor masterpiece, but I dig his designs.

Great input, thanks! I’ll definitely get another JJP. I like Lawlor as well and can’t help but notice the flipper and pop bumpers on IMDN are configured like TZ.

#3307 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Great input, thanks! I’ll definitely get another JJP. I like Lawlor as well and can’t help but notice the flipper and pop bumpers on IMDN are configured like TZ.

Yeah, I've noticed that two, but I find that that is where the similarities end. IMDN is so fast in comparison, and it has the Black Knight 2000 looping!

#3308 5 years ago

I gots to say everyone talks about how pretty some of them there Sterns are.But damn that POTC is sweet looking in those line ups!
Bad grammar is intentional

#3309 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

6 more LE's going out to customers this week. Another 8 in a couple of weeks.

Hopefully JJP is getting the first order out to their CDN distributors before the second goes out to USD.

#3310 5 years ago

Just got it all set up!

Thanks again Joe @ Pinball Star for finding me a standard spot on the boat before it docked.

Oh yeah... and I have it sitting next to Sega's Space Jam...

20181026_182517 (resized).jpg20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
#3311 5 years ago

So could you pretty much upgrade to an LE from there? Powder coating is easy. I assume it can take a shaker motor as it is optional when you order. Invisiglass is easy. 3D printed cave is easy. Random twinkling star field could be a mod but if I lose it, no big deal. Spinning pirate is all that is left yes? Would be a nicer way to ease into the cost. Not sure if there is an add on headphone jack for JJP. Will need to look that up.

#3312 5 years ago

So could you pretty much upgrade to an LE from there? Powder coating is easy. I assume it can take a shaker motor as it is optional when you order. Invisiglass is easy. 3D printed cave is easy. Random twinkling star field could be a mod but if I lose it, no big deal. Spinning pirate is all that is left yes? Would be a nicer way to ease into the cost. Not sure if there is an add on headphone jack for JJP. Will need to look that up.

The star field is not a random twinkling light. They actually programmed it as a feature that gives clues to what shot you need to hit like clues. Rather impressive actually didn't think it would be more than a light at first but wow these guys are creative. Honestly All models are great just depends on what toys/features you must have otherwise game play was not compromised like other OEM models. We got the LE and could Not be happier.

#3313 5 years ago

Here's the model comparison below. A standard edition cannot be turned into an LE due to the standard edition coming with only white GI versus the LE / CE that comes with RGB GI. By the time you add invisiglass ($300), a couple mods for the cave and spinning pirate that likely won't look as good as the ones from the factory (another $100-$200 lets say), the starfield cannot be added as its a programmed device on the LE that interacts with the game, textured black powder coated armour ($200-$300), external volume control / headphone jack (est $100), topper ($150), shaker motor ($100) might as well just buy the LE at that point as it would actually be cheaper versus having to add everything.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#3314 5 years ago

My second Game with Chris kingpin games! He has day one allotment still available (as of a couple days ago) and he doubles the factory warranty. Takes care of veterans and has answered the phone on vacation. could you ask for more?

#3315 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

My second Game with Chris @Kingpin games! He has day one allotment still available (as of a couple days ago) and he doubles the factory warranty. Takes care of veterans and has answered the phone on vacation. could you ask for more?

Argh...hate you guys...just kidding, great info as always and greatly appreciated as I work through the purchasing decisions.

Didn’t know about the star map. That is crazy. Emailed Chris for an LE.

#3316 5 years ago

You won't regret it!!!! This pin is Amazing!!!
Great job Eric and team!

#3317 5 years ago

Could this be the game of the year or maybe 2 years..

#3318 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Where the hell is Skymont,now that Pinsiders are getting games?

Speaking people missing haven't seen anything anything from Darth lately , I'm missing him asking when are these going to ship.

#3319 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Speaking people missing haven't seen anything anything from Darth lately , I'm missing him asking when are these going to ship.

Check this post!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/9#post-4657833

#3320 5 years ago

Man, I'm soooooo bummed that this theme killed it for me, and I'm not even that picky with themes. This game looks and plays amazing. Just can't stand a retheme, especially with JD's face in the middle. You guys that dig the theme are lucky!

#3321 5 years ago

I don’t dig the theme, but I don’t hate it. There is very little from the movies, and only pictures of the characters. The game is so good that I don’t care about the theme (almost).
When it comes to theme and games, if the game is good, I will give the theme a free pass. Other games I love that I’m not that hot on the theme, Congo? Shitty movie, great game, Shadow, the same, Indy, fantastic trilogy, boring game (with great modes).

TLDR: Pirates is a theme that is ok. But the game plays great and the code is fantastic.

#3322 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I don’t dig the theme, but I don’t hate it. There is very little from the movies, and only pictures of the characters. The game is so good that I don’t care about the theme (almost).
When it comes to theme and games, if the game is good, I will give the theme a free pass. Other games I love that I’m not that hot on the theme, Congo? Shitty movie, great game, Shadow, the same, Indy, fantastic trilogy, boring game (with great modes).
TLDR: Pirates is a theme that is ok. But the game plays great and the code is fantastic.

I hear ya, but I haven't seen Congo and "Jungle and Apes" is a good stand-alone theme. I own the shadow and haven't seen the movie or read the comics. "Dark shodowy figure with a gun" is decent on its own. Everyone knows the overblown Disney series with JD, plus its a remake but a different company... It's like if Stern put out a game based on one the newer Star Wars movies, like the one with the annoying kid, and JJP decides to remake that same theme, when there are countless others out there. It's a punch in the gut to me. Just can't get past it.

All that being said, and as I've said, I'm jealous that I can't as I've played the game and loved it!

1 week later
#3323 5 years ago

Following this and the owner's club. Has this thread run its course? Is there anything of importance that might be added here, going forward, as opposed to the owner's thread?

1 week later
#3324 5 years ago

Dead men tell no tales! There be No stainless cannons on me pirate ship! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Pirate Cannon mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the Black Pearl for battle! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine ship. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod Shipping NOW!!! Fire the cannons at those Scurvy dogs!! Available now from our website store www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks for your interest and support!!!
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#3325 5 years ago

Oh I like that cannon mod

#3326 5 years ago

I dig that. What’s the install process like?

#3327 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I dig that. What’s the install process like?

Honestly short of taking off the glass not more the 3 minutes. Just needed to dress up that amazing ship. Didn't seem right firing a cannon ball out of a stainless box. We think it came out really nice thanks for the comments.

The Mod Couple

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
Plastics
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.