IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 67.
#3001 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

JJP posted a picture from the factory with a row of LEs but no detail. Tease?

They’ve been teasing us with rows and rows of machines since 8/3.

Where the hell are they all?

#3002 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

honestly. I am not sure how else an operator can afford the price point on some of these games.
I still hear people complain daily about $1 per play on 8k games that are well maintained. The hobby cant survive on that mentality.

I've never been able to break a dollar per game on any units that are conventional payment (cash). This would be an incredible break through if this can become the norm. Pirates is $9500 plus freight. In all factors being considered, this game is $10k, right now, in September, not Christmas. At $1/play plus replays and matches this game will have approximately 12,000 plays before earning its cost. Now factor in location split and we have almost double that to achieve profit. Good thing I like pinball. Haha

#3003 5 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I agree and I get that. the casual player might not. especially when the sterns a few feet away are $2 for 3 games and set to 5 ball. but as a pinhead, it is my duty to support local pinball. you know. This same location does $2 Tuesday tallboys. so a 16oz tallboy or game of pinball? getting into dangerous territory.

This is exactly how I feel. I love pinball so I would support Chris but we are not the normal casual walk up customer. I got a message that a customer was concerned about the game costing $1. Huh? They may be a customer of the establishment but not a customer of the games.

#3004 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I got a message that a customer was concerned about the game costing $1. Huh? They may be a customer of the establishment but not a customer of the games.

First time I ran into something like that was on the full size ride on Sega Hang On motorcycle video game. Games from Tokyo had the 75¢ price per play labeled 3X25. Had a man walking by with a bag of groceries, came in and looked at it. Approached me and seemed angry. He said, "you mean to tell me that game is 75¢ ?". I screamed at him, " no it's three games for a quarter".

I love messing with non customers.

LTG : )

#3005 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They’ve been teasing us with rows and rows of machines since 8/3.
Where the hell are they all?

Going to retailers, bars, barcades, etc... I want to see the first post of a homeowner. Maybe Jack will do a backflip when those get shipped. Right now its just a cartwheel.

#3006 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Going to retailers, bars, barcades, etc... I want to see the first post of a homeowner. Maybe Jack will do a backflip when those get shipped. Right now its just a cartwheel.

From previous posts here, they are starting to leave the factory yesterday/today bound for homeowners. Guessing early next week the deliveries start to show up at homes.

#3007 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

From previous posts here, they are starting to leave the factory yesterday/today bound for homeowners. Guessing early next week the deliveries start to show up at homes.

Thats wonderful news. If this is true, we should see tons of pics next week.

#3008 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I've never been able to break a dollar per game on any units that are conventional payment (cash). This would be an incredible break through if this can become the norm. Pirates is $9500 plus freight. In all factors being considered, this game is $10k, right now, in September, not Christmas. At $1/play plus replays and matches this game will have approximately 12,000 plays before earning its cost. Now factor in location split and we have almost double that to achieve profit. Good thing I like pinball. Haha

We had people complain about $1 a game for the first few months on the route I help with. But once they realized that bought them a perfectly working Prem/LE game experience they couldn't get anywhere else within 200 miles, they calmed down. A couple games are 3 for $2, but all the rest are a straight $1. No complaints now.

If they ever get timed pricing tables implemented, on the JJP games I can see changing them to 5 ball $1.50 during certain times and seeing how that goes. Even at $1/play putting $9500 and up machines out isn't sustainable.

#3009 5 years ago

Woohoo! JJPOTCLE in the garage! Of course I don't have time tonight to set it up lol.

20180907_154352 (resized).jpg20180907_154352 (resized).jpg
#3010 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Woohoo! JJPOTCLE in the garage! Of course I don't have time tonight to set it up lol.
[quoted image]

You lucky SOB!

Have some fun this weekend! Arghhh!

#3011 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

[quoted image]

So does this mean that JJP started shipping POTC pro’s to operators mid August and POTC LE’s to collectors the first week of September?

Look at the tip o tell decal on top right of box. Looks like it was handled correctly.

#3012 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So does this mean that JJP started shipping POTC pro’s to operators mid August and POTC LE’s to Collectors the first week of September?
Look at the tip o tell decal on top right of box. Looks like it was handled correctly.

All the ones i saw going to operators were LE’s same as homeowner. Collector editions yet to be built.
They don’t sell many standard editions as JJP calls them.

#3013 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

That would be a drop everything for the weekend, kind of weekend. Just saying...

#3014 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That would be a drop everything for the weekend, kind of weekend. Just saying...

Yep..I’d be locking myself in the man cave with some pirate drinks!

#3015 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Jack told me when I was at the JJP facility to not totally trust that. He had heard someone "could" buy those and just replace them as they are readily available. Not sure if that had actually happened once and hence the warning, or if it was just a talking point that those are not something that is JJP specific. So … always open the box and take a look before letting the driver leave. Don't put 100% confidence in those.

#3016 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

First time I ran into something like that was on the full size ride on Sega Hang On motorcycle video game. Games from Tokyo had the 75¢ price per play labeled 3X25. Had a man walking by with a bag of groceries, came in and looked at it. Approached me and seemed angry. He said, "you mean to tell me that game is 75¢ ?". I screamed at him, " no it's three games for a quarter".
I love messing with non customers.

That's awesome. Haha

#3017 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We had people complain about $1 a game for the first few months on the route I help with. But once they realized that bought them a perfectly working Prem/LE game experience they couldn't get anywhere else within 200 miles, they calmed down. A couple games are 3 for $2, but all the rest are a straight $1. No complaints now.
If they ever get timed pricing tables implemented, on the JJP games I can see changing them to 5 ball $1.50 during certain times and seeing how that goes. Even at $1/play putting $9500 and up machines out isn't sustainable.

I agree. Pinball is a loss leader for us but of course I love pinball so.... I make bad decisions. Haha. Either way it's fun and provides our customers a good experience when visiting locations on my route.

#3018 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Jack told me when I was at the JJP facility to not totally trust that. He had heard someone "could" buy those and just replace them as they are readily available. Not sure if that had actually happened once and hence the warning, or if it was just a talking point that those are not something that is JJP specific. So … always open the box and take a look before letting the driver leave. Don't put 100% confidence in those.

So true, it doesn’t take long for an exploit to show up. Fortunately, I don’t think the delivery staff care enough to look at, much less take effort to swap the sticker out. So I’d consider it highly reliable, but not guaranteed.

My reasoning is based on 20 nib pins I’ve received, where most were hand trucked from the wrong side. This is something of high importantance to the buyer, but evidently of no concern to delivery guy. I’d guess the delivery guy followed directions on the box about 25% of the time. Coincidence or evidence of a few good apples among the shipper? Well a box has four sides, one correct and three incorrect sides from which to truck. Odds for randomly selecting the correct side is 25%

So I’d trust it, since I currently only inspect the outside of box and scrutinize areas with signs of being crushed. The value of seeing the decal showing it had been tipped is - it might indicate the game was dropped off a forklift and the cabinet should be inspected further. Because there is nothing wrong shipping the game lying down on the correct side packed in a suv, IMO. If it rode in a semi and something heavy was placed on it, the box would be dented, crushed or torn. What other info does the decal reveal?

#3019 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Of course I don't have time tonight to set it up

I would not be able to sleep till it was set up and had the first game!!!!!

#3020 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I would not be able to sleep till it was set up and had the first game!!!!!

Something weird going on here.

#3021 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Something weird going on here.

Photoshop?

#3022 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Something weird going on here

#3024 5 years ago

Bueller..bueller...anybody?

Too many pirate drinks perhaps?

#3025 5 years ago

Maybe he was referring to Keira one page back?

#3026 5 years ago

Played PoTC in NYC last night for the first time. The one thing I found interesting was that people were playing everything except pirates. As a person that is still in for a CE I am glad I played it first. The playfield was a bit more open than I expected and upper shots were difficult to line up. Not sure if the flippers were adjusted appropriately but I was barely able to get the ball to the back of the playfield. The game is very immersive and played a bit slower than previously mentioned. I am not going to go into a ton of detail but I will say this for JJP; they build a solid machine! After I played pirates a few times I stepped up to a batman66 and it felt like a kids toy. Still undecided about the CE for the extra cash and would like to see one in person.

#3027 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Bueller..bueller...anybody?
Too many pirate drinks perhaps?

Lol pretty much! I didn't take an unboxing video, but took a lot of pics which I will upload in the club thread shortly. I can say that this game is completely amazing and plays pretty different (better) than the demo games that were out there, which I think the software updates are the reason and it seems way smoother. The circular map graphic looks better too (not as red)?

20180908_162029 (resized).jpg20180908_162029 (resized).jpg
#3028 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Lol pretty much! I didn't take an unboxing video, but took a lot of pics which I will upload in the club thread shortly. I can say that this game is completely amazing and plays pretty different (better) than the demo games that were out there, which I think the software updates are the reason and it seems way smoother. The circular map graphic looks better too (not as red)? [quoted image]

More pics please. Tons!!!

#3029 5 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

The one thing I found interesting was that people were playing everything except pirates.

I've had that happen, unless someone is playing it. For some reason people think it's the Stern version ( which I have here too ) or it's a remake.

If someone is playing it, it doesn't take long to get attention.

#3030 5 years ago

FYI, I just posted some pics in the Club thread in case anyone wanted to check them out!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/2#post-4581987

#3031 5 years ago

Just wondering , not being very techincal minded is it too late or too hard (programming or hardware )to have Bluetooth pairing for headphones I love how jjp pins have the headphone jack but it'd be great to be able to use cordless headphones . just a thought.

#3032 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I've had that happen, unless someone is playing it. For some reason people think it's the Stern version ( which I have here too ) or it's a remake.
If someone is playing it, it doesn't take long to get attention.

It could be as simple as the cost to play is more

#3033 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Bluetooth pairing for headphones

I think it was either keefer or jack that talked about this. Bluetooth is not very stable, and you would have to pair it with headsets on location. It will be a nightmare. At home, sure. They make games for both markets. Easiest would be to do it yourself with a audio to Bluetooth adapter.

#3034 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

It could be as simple as the cost to play is more

Not here. My customers know the pricing. I currently have eight pins at a dollar a game. ( varies a bit if you put in more money )

#3035 5 years ago

No more videos, updates etc... from JJP? On to the next title for everyone?

#3036 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Oooh I’m so excited!

#3037 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not here. My customers know the pricing. I currently have eight pins at a dollar a game. ( varies a bit if you put in more money )

At $1.00 a game all good I have seen JJP $1.50 Stern $1.00 non-pinball people may go for cheaper or different theme. Also earlier in thread people were talking $2.00 a game

#3038 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

JJP has owned Expo should game 5 should be revealed at Expo Texas or whenever JJP feels the urge

#3039 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

JJP has owned Expo should game 5 should be revealed at Expo Texas or whenever JJP feels the urge

I think they will be more cautious on their next reveal ( - :

#3040 5 years ago

I am thinking this as well. I think JJP will wait till they are closer to a complete project. Maybe a hint at what their next title will be.

#3041 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I am thinking this as well. I think JJP will wait till they are closer to a complete project. Maybe a hint at what their next title will be.

They may have a complete project but that does not mean they should reveal it

#3042 5 years ago

While we are speculating, I think that there will be a new reveal at expo. Ted said a few weeks ago that all of the coders are too busy on "something" and didn't currently have time to fix a few remaining things in the TH code. No recent JJPLive feeds for new(er) TH code or new DI code, or JJPOTC code. In the Expo thread, it was hinted that there "might" be a reveal from the Expo organizers too. If JJPOTC sales drop off at Q1 of next year, they need to start making something new. I'm guessing that they are working hard on prototypes of the next pin to see if it "can" be ready for a reveal at Expo. Just my reasons for speculations.

#3043 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

While we are speculating, I think that there will be a new reveal at expo. Ted said a few weeks ago that all of the coders are too busy on "something" and didn't currently have time to fix a few remaining things in the TH code. No recent JJPLive feeds for new(er) TH code or new DI code. In the Expo thread, it was hinted that there "might" be a reveal from the Expo organizers too. No recent JJPLive feeds for new(er) TH code or new DI code. If JJPOTC sales drop off at Q1 of next year, they need to start making something new. I'm guessing that they are working hard on prototypes of the next pin to see if it "can" be ready for a reveal at Expo. Just my reasons for speculations.

It would be stupid to do another reveal a year or more before a game is ready to be produced. The waiting kills the instant gratification sales that are so huge and taken advantage of by certain manufacturers in this hobby.

#3044 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It would be stupid to do another reveal a year or more before a game is ready to be produced. The waiting kills the instant gratification sales that are so huge and taken advantage of by certain manufacturers in this hobby.

Yeah. I would go full on Pirates at this years Expo with a focus on code support for the game and all titles. I would make a hint at #5 but save the full reveal for Texas Pinball Festival in March. TPF seems to be the new premiere pinball show.

#3045 5 years ago

Hard to imagine investors continuing to shell out money if you can't reveal one game per year.

Even more so if POTC sales are weak, will need to move on quick.

#3046 5 years ago

To point out how big the 800# gorilla in the room is:

Stern makes 50 pins a day according to TWIP today.

I've heard and believe that JJP makes ~1,000 games a year which isn't even 5 per day.

No idea about Spooky and the others.

#3047 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I've heard and believe that JJP makes ~1,000 games a year which isn't even 5 per day.

JJP, Spooky, American Pinball, etc do not need to make as many games as Stern to be successful. Stern has a huge and very expensive factory building to operate along with a large staff. Other companies can be just as successful making less games with far lower operating overhead.

#3048 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hard to imagine investors continuing to shell out money if you can't reveal one game per year.
Even more so if POTC sales are weak, will need to move on quick.

Games just started shipping with a lot on the line. Lets not...lol.
office_space_kit_mat (resized).jpegoffice_space_kit_mat (resized).jpeg

#3049 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

To survive, JJP likely will need to increase production and lower prices eventually, but we don't really know their true financial situation making it hard to judge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale

#3050 5 years ago

I'm hoping all the manufacturers are successful at producing games, gives us all more choices right?

I hope this success doesn't come at the detriment of those who might choose to invest in the manufacturer's vision, as has happened.

Lots of change-up pitches in this industry. JJP introduces DI, it tanks for a while then takes off. Spooky introduces TNA, I think it will be a latent hit.

You can debate the above notion, just how I see it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/61?hl=captchaos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.