IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 67.
#2901 5 years ago

^ THIS

Hmmm.. Seeing it's a new page should it be:

<THIS

?

#2902 5 years ago

Ultimately the quality of product speaks for itself. That doesnt always translate to fun for everyone or even the casual player. I can say that our players love this game and the opinion I have heard multiple times is "the game looks and feels unlike any other here"

We have an incredible collection of game inventory at this location. So that is certainly a compliment. If production could get to a new unit every around expo time, that would be a healthy business plan I would think. I'm not claiming to be an expert but if I were jjp that would certainly be my goal.

#2903 5 years ago

What's getting played more pirates or Deadpool and any news with the unboxing video?

#2904 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm paid up for my machine so I won't be at ease til it's sitting in my Game room.

You don't seem like the kind of guy who has the stomach for preordering.

You will definitely get your machine, but it will take much longer than you would like.

#2905 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think this game is a mis-step for JJ.

It's a great day in America when we can all share are opinions and not be drawn and quartered for it!!!!

#2906 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I've seen this game and played it at IAAPA and Amusement Expo. I think this game is a mis-step for JJ. Couple reasons why...

Well Fuck Larry......Where have you been the last 5 years? If I was JJP I would hire you on the spot as the good idea guy!
p.s.
almost everything you said has never been mentioned before. (sarcasm)

#2907 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I've seen this game and played it at IAAPA and Amusement Expo. I think this game is a mis-step for JJ. Couple reasons why...
1) They pride themselves with Hobbit and WOZ using a lot of clips from the movies. With that being said they should have picked a different them, because this game has almost NO CLIPS from the movie. So if you expect to see Depp as Captain Jack you'll be disappointed. I think this game would have been incredible had they had access to those film clips. So why pick this theme a fading series and no access to the clips as you had with WOZ and Hobbit. ...Larry

SO SO glad about the lack of movie clips. The movies sucked as does the lead actor. This would've made for a great "generic" pirate themed pin and I would've been all over it.

#2908 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

1) They pride themselves with Hobbit and WOZ using a lot of clips from the movies. With that being said they should have picked a different them, because this game has almost NO CLIPS from the movie. So if you expect to see Depp as Captain Jack you'll be disappointed. I think this game would have been incredible had they had access to those film clips. So why pick this theme a fading series and no access to the clips as you had with WOZ and Hobbit.
2) No game should take 2 years to develop? NO GAME! Jersey Jack has been out of sight and out of mind due to the time they took to make the game. Stern for what their games are worth released what 856 new games since Dialed In. LOL
3) The spinning disk in the center... personally this was another missed opportunity but not because they removed that prop but because it shouldn't be there in the first place. It has nothing to do with the movies. So they promote this then take it away probably because it was going to break but still upset people. Here is what they SHOULD HAVE DONE... create the biggest lower playfield ever on a pinball machine. WHY? DUH... Pirates is a water theme and alot of the films took place UNDER WATER. So the lower playfield could have been UNDER THE OCEAN! Missed opportunity big league.
The spinning disk is dumb... a big giant lower playfield would have been award winner.
SUGGESTIONS FOR JERSEY JACK GOING FOWARD:
1) Stop thinking you need to create some sort of masterpiece with every game for several reasons... for one if you don't hit a homerun you get hammered even more. Secondly you need to produce more games. Why not a non-wide body theme to build up your catalog at least 1 or 2 games a year. And then produce 1 SUPER HIGH END collector game every 1.5 years. This might be better for your company.
2) No reason JJ can't produce a game that is between Stern and what they typically do... they can jump into the ROCK THEMED pinballs and produce a couple games a year. They should create two different kind of lines to keep their company out in front of people more than once every two years.
3) Don't promote a game for two years without ever releasing it. I like the fact that JJ let people know what they're working on ... so now you're working on Toy Story great. Tell people sure thing... but do it about 3 to 6 months out from production not almost two years.
THEMES JERSEY JACK SHOULD CONSIDER:
Cheaper (Stern Style)
Music themes just as Ozzy - Beastie Boys - whatever cheaper games in the 5 to 6k range.
Quicker Themes Smaller Games: You're working with Disney a great theme would be Disney's Haunted Mansion. Stern is coming out with Munsters fight fire with fire... but make the game cool but cheaper. Universal Studios Monsters would make a great theme, some of the titles you have now that are down the line just do cheaper versions. Stuff you can't really see as an up to 2 year development game switch to a cheaper version and produce more games.
BIG THEMES: Jurassic Park would be up your alley... Fast and Furious, Dark Knight (Series), Harry Potter, Jaws would be bad ass, ... the list goes on. Save the coolest movie franchises for your all out mode and start making other themes with a faster process.
Larry

I could not upvote your post as I think it was overkill. But I did think the lower playfield would have been very cool better than spinning disk last Beastie Boys really

#2909 5 years ago

I like Gibb's voice. I like Depps too, but can't have that.

I also like Cap't Jack Sparrows lines, they remind me of Yoda-Speak. Make me smile

#2910 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I like Gibb's voice. I like Depps too, but can't have that.
I also like Cap't Jack Sparrows lines, they remind me of Yoda-Speak. Make me smile

Gibbs is good but Barbosa would have been the real Pirate voice to get.

#2911 5 years ago

What exactly is this gibberish? Abbreviations? Cereal box decoder ring? I can't imagine a lot of games fitting on a tit.

On Tit @ AYCE Gogi

"POTC LE now playing at On Tit @ AYCE Gogi in Van Nuys, CA"

#2912 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Gibbs is good but Barbosa would have been the real Pirate voice to get.

Can't disagree there, but then he is a bad guy.

Oh wait, all pirates are bad guys. What has Disney (R) done to my mind!?! ( - :

#2913 5 years ago

Just got an email from Jen at Jersey Jack... she said I should be getting my JJPOTC in November. Exciting!!

#2914 5 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

Just got an email from Jen at Jersey Jack... she said I should be getting my JJPOTC in November. Exciting!!

When did you place your deposit pre-order from JJP?

#2915 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

When did you place your deposit pre-order from JJP?

A couple of weeks ago ... so y’all should be getting yours soon!

Btw... I’ve been to Hell (MI) and back a couple of times . Grew up just east in Sterling Heights .

#2916 5 years ago

All the folks slamming JJP,let’s not forget they made one of the best pins ever produced Dialed In!!!

#2917 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pirates joined my JJP line up yesterday.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

I have to ask - how would you rank all 4? If it's too early with pirates, all three?

#2918 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

All the folks slamming JJP,let’s not forget they made one of the best pins ever produced Dialed In!!!

Pat Lawlor did despite the horrific theme. So everybody that loves it he overcame a BIG theme miss.

Woz, another great pin.

If they can knock Wonka out of the park then it will be a home run for them, despite the price.

#2919 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree w/ all of this. On Oct 12, 2017 Pirates was shown. That was almost 11 months ago. Then this thread started by Eric over 4 months ago saying massive testing was done. How much testing do they need??? They have been streaming for months as well. I just feel bad for all the Homeowers who machines have BEEN paid for. Sure, there will be issues out of the box like all pinball machines have, but nothing major i'm sure...

Would you rather have chunks of clearcoat peeling off the playfield due to not enough testing?

#2920 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What's getting played more pirates or Deadpool and any news with the unboxing video?

At the minute pirates is. I tried several times to upload video but can not get it. I will be at the Cleveland show this week to get some help getting on the net.

#2921 5 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

Btw... I’ve been to Hell (MI) and back a couple of times . Grew up just east in Sterling Heights .

Yes, Hell is a fun place to visit as a small little road side tourist trap. Unfortunately, the township is getting greedy and wants in on the action requiring permits for vendors at special events. The poor (funeral) Hearse parade/festival in Hell later this month can't have vendors as there isn't time to pull permits now that they instituted that. All kinds of upset Hearse people from around the country that want to show up again this year. They are trying ways to get around it by pre-ordering and stuff.

Back on topic:

Quoted from Navy_AT1:

A couple of weeks ago ... so y’all should be getting yours soon!

That gives us a time reference, thanks! We're hoping Santa will bring us a JJPOTC. He has brought us a JJP pin for the last two years … and we're trying to be good … so here's hoping that he puts in his order in for us soon! Sounds like I need to write him another Christmas wish reminder.

#2922 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have to ask - how would you rank all 4? If it's too early with pirates, all three?

Over time WOZ, Hobbit, and Dialed In seem to have their own unique following.

Might be too early to tell on Pirates. Right now it is hot.

Very similar to Dialed In when I first got it. People that put a game or two on it keep coming back for more.

#2923 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Would you rather have chunks of clearcoat peeling off the playfield due to not enough testing?

You are kidding right. 1 year of testing is not enough? Just need a cliffy at inlanes, vuk's, etc and you are good.

#2924 5 years ago

To the tough computer talking clowns who responded in a negative light let me just say this... everyone is allowed to have an opinion and I'll share mine and be swayed but losers who responded back. You guys can all talk tough on a computer but you'd never talk so tough in person. Its one thing to disagree and another to act like a total two year old. I shared my opinion and you know what I think what I said was dead on the money. Most of the people i see crying like babies about this title... they say they don't like the theme, upset about the spinning disk being marketed as a three turn not its not, they took to long to get this done, afraid to buy one because it might break, the list goes on. These are facts this is what most of the people talking about THIS GAME have said. I pointed out some important mistakes made here and if some of you people are too damn dumb to admit that is your problem. That is probably why you work at McDonalds and I own my own company.

To Yellowbird, you guys make really cool mods great job. However I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I think I was clear when I said make games that are between what you're doing NOW and what STERN is doing. I realize you like Jersey Jack and so do I but this is a company that almost went out of business. Can you really have your cake and eat it to? This company will NOT stay in business unless it become profitable and that can only happen if they produce MORE GAMES! You can't take TWO years to develop one game while in that same period Stern puts out 5 or 6 games.

So if you really like JJ they need to streamline a process ... they need to simplify the process. Let me be clear I like Jersey Jack I'm a big fan but I like the movie clips that is one of the things that really make them stand out. So why do this theme when you can't use ANYTHING basically? This series is at the end of the rope didn't make a lot of sense especially not when it takes two years to ship anything.

These are my points so maybe you might agree more with my point now that I've explained it better.

I do think the spinning wheel isn't reflected in the movies and I stand by that... I never saw anything in the movie with spinning disks. That just isn't in the movie anywhere. I think the idea here was a combination of the compass and the idea its a map. That's all I can come up with. Either way maps and Pirates with treasure yeah makes sense but I think a big massive underwater playfield would have been a lot better.

With ALL THAT being said ... this game will probably end up being their lowest selling game. I think I only read 400 times between here and facebook that the ship has sailed for them and this game. No one can argue it took way to long to get this out, and if they stay at this pace they simply won't be in business much longer. That can't be disputed.

#2925 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

if they stay at this pace they simply won't be in business much longer. That can't be disputed.

I'd dispute it.

But what do I know ?

#2926 5 years ago

So if I work at McDonalds and some new guy here with a KILLER sense of humor and seems really fun owns his own company, I have no grounds to debate the merits and flaws of toys, right? Just checking. OK cool, thanks. Got it.

#2927 5 years ago

When will more Pirates ship? Get it? Pirate ship.

#2928 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

These are my points so maybe you might agree more with my point now that I've explained it better.

Ok first off it's only Pinball so nobody needs to get defensive about a Game. The difficulty with your opinion is that you need everyone to agree or you consider it wrong. They are your opinions and that is all good but not necessarily everyone else's. Calling people dumb honestly does nothing to strengthen your argument (opinion). As for the map again, really hard to see how you missed this as such a key part of the film? To help you (not convince you) below is a link to not only the map in operation but a biography from the artists that created it for the actual film as well as how it was used. For me (my opinion) the map use in this machine was genius and honestly one of the Primary reasons I dropped a deposit on this game minutes after seeing it. Cut JJP some slack and know that your opinions are valid as long as you believe them.

#2929 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok first off it's only Pinball so nobody needs to get defensive about a Game. The difficulty with your opinion is that you need everyone to agree or you consider it wrong. They are your opinions and that is all good but not necessarily everyone else's. Calling people dumb honestly does nothing to strengthen your argument (opinion). As for the map again, really hard to see how you missed this as such a key part of the film? To help you (not convince you) below is a link to not only the map in operation but a biography from the artists that created it for the actual film as well as how it was used. For me (my opinion) the map use in this machine was genius and honestly one of the Primary reasons I dropped a deposit on this game minutes after seeing it. Cut JJP some slack and know that your opinions are valid as long as you believe them.

I just started my own company rating Internet posts and this one was a very good one! +1 point for you sir!

#2930 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

To the tough computer talking clowns who responded in a negative light let me just say this... everyone is allowed to have an opinion and I'll share mine and be swayed but losers who responded back. You guys can all talk tough on a computer but you'd never talk so tough in person. Its one thing to disagree and another to act like a total two year old. I shared my opinion and you know what I think what I said was dead on the money. Most of the people i see crying like babies about this title... they say they don't like the theme, upset about the spinning disk being marketed as a three turn not its not, they took to long to get this done, afraid to buy one because it might break, the list goes on. These are facts this is what most of the people talking about THIS GAME have said. I pointed out some important mistakes made here and if some of you people are too damn dumb to admit that is your problem. That is probably why you work at McDonalds and I own my own company.
To Yellowbird, you guys make really cool mods great job. However I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I think I was clear when I said make games that are between what you're doing NOW and what STERN is doing. I realize you like Jersey Jack and so do I but this is a company that almost went out of business. Can you really have your cake and eat it to? This company will NOT stay in business unless it become profitable and that can only happen if they produce MORE GAMES! You can't take TWO years to develop one game while in that same period Stern puts out 5 or 6 games.
So if you really like JJ they need to streamline a process ... they need to simplify the process. Let me be clear I like Jersey Jack I'm a big fan but I like the movie clips that is one of the things that really make them stand out. So why do this theme when you can't use ANYTHING basically? This series is at the end of the rope didn't make a lot of sense especially not when it takes two years to ship anything.
I do think the spinning wheel isn't reflected in the movies and I stand by that... I never saw anything in the movie with spinning disks. That just isn't in the movie anywhere. I think the idea here was a combination of the compass and the idea its a map. That's all I can come up with. Either way maps and Pirates with treasure yeah makes sense but I think a big massive underwater playfield would have been a lot better.
With ALL THAT being said ... this game will probably end up being their lowest selling game. I think I only read 400 times between here and facebook that the ship has sailed for them and this game. No one can argue it took way to long to get this out, and if they stay at this pace they simply won't be in business much longer. That can't be disputed.

You're obviously stirring and it's been very funny reading your posts

#2931 5 years ago

Yelobird,

Let me be super clear to you... I stated an opinion about this new game. If you can't read or refuse to read what most people across the web and especially on facebook is saying, its mostly the same comments.

People are saying they're not buying the game that is more or less what most people have said. I was pointing out my reasons why I think this game has so many people upset about it. So take your own advice and respect other peoples opinions.

When someone says to ME for stating my opinion "FUCK YOU" then I'll state back ANYTHING I WANT! Yeah that guy is a MORON... so maybe when you see it from that point of view maybe you'll retract that comment you made.

As for cutting JJ some slack yeah I'll cut them slack because I like collector type games... I personally own Hobbit, WOZ and DI. Do I think JJ does a better job at creating magical games over and above Stern. YEP!

So is that cutting them some slack. Look there is no disputing facts here... this company almost went out of business. That is fact.

If a company doesn't make new product they won't stay around long. When people make comments like they're afraid to buy the game because they fear it will break... well that goes back to all the WOZ issues. I like JJ the most of any of the companies but I stand by my comments and I will bullet point them again for you so maybe you can try and find a reason why its unresonable to have such an opinion.

1) You can't take nearly 2 years to develop a game, while taking down payments and delay delay delay. This upset people and if you're only going to get a new machine out every couple of years I stand by what I said you won't stay in business.

2) MOVIE CLIPS: Is it really unreasonable to say that WOZ and HOBBIT had big TV's and tons of movie clips something no other pinball game had done before? So then you pick your next theme and find out you can't use clips from the movie you can't feature Captain Jack... so why would you do that theme? Pirate series has gone down down down... the 4th movie did 241 million and the 5th movie bombed at 172 million. I think that shows this series was pretty much done. Lets not forget that Pirates would have been another MOVIE CLIP home run like Hobbit but why go down that road when you can't use the clips? There are so many other themes. Lastly this title has already been done by Stern... sure the JJ game is better but that has nothing to do with it. Another title like Willy Wonka would have been a better choice. NO MATTER its an opinion so why does someone say FUCK YOU because I state an opinion?

3) Making Games Faster: I stated an opinion which you disagreed with... but let me tell you when they make a car they build one with everything including the kitchen sink. Then when you see what they actually sell its much different because of COST! At some point JJ has to figure out here what can and can't be done... this three disk spinner was probably a big problem. Cool idea but ads basically nothing to the game so why spend several more months trying to figure it out? I merely stated an underwater playfield would have been better but someone says "FUCK YOU". As to you let me say... that I think I'm right in saying that in the long run JJ has to figure out a medium between Stern and what they have done to speed up the process.

The bottom line they need to make money and they make money by producing games. They now have a lot of competition between Spooky, Stern and American Pinball's Houdini was a home run game. I think everyone love Houdini and its a perfect example how you can do something better than STERN but not as good as WOZ. Houdini is $6800 bucks and Pirates is 10,000 dollars... both games are really detailed both games are better than anything Stern puts out as far as detail. Again my point was HAPPY MEDIUM between Stern and taking two years... but that deserved a FUCK YOU from someone.

4) Spinning Disk: I've seen all the movies and you're talking about a map they used in one of the five films. I think you missed my point again... that map wasn't spinning around in circles like it was at a race track. The idea that you have this spinning disk that is racing around you know that is going to break doesn't help the game. But I think my first point on this was that they advertised this feature, took deposits then took it out of the game leaving people upset. This is a fact!

I was saying I think it would have been better to just have a lower playfield and feature some of the underwater stuff... that is my opinion and you can respect that. Even one person said yeah that is a great idea... because it is a great idea. Its just an idea and opinion no one needs to come back and say FUCK YOU!

Let me ask you would you rather have had a big giant underwater playfield or as it turns out one spinning section of the playfield.

Bottom line is I think the game is detailed but overall they waited so long to produce the games that many people moved on from it...

I just hope the next JJ title is released quicker and they stay with the concept of big screens with clips from the movies.

#2932 5 years ago

I think we are all hoping JJP and all the other pinball manufacturers flourish. I would tend not to second guess game design and design decisions until I‘ve designed a game myself (I have thought though if the 3 spinning disks were to only move slowly this might have helped). I have no idea how many games a year have to be brought out to stay commercially viable (I think Pinsiders collectively have a great thirst for more details on the commercial side of pinball manufacture) but I do like the no-compromise approach of JJP-designs and that they are field tested for a long time before they go on sale. If you‘re going to innovate this is a great way to prove things out. And if you can continue to sell older games for many years maybe you don’t need lots of titles per year. With Dialed In they came up with probably the best theme in modern pinball, let‘s hope they have a few more great unlicensed themes up their sleeves.

#2933 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

1) They pride themselves with Hobbit and WOZ using a lot of clips from the movies. With that being said they should have picked a different them, because this game has almost NO CLIPS from the movie. So if you expect to see Depp as Captain Jack you'll be disappointed. I think this game would have been incredible had they had access to those film clips. So why pick this theme a fading series and no access to the clips as you had with WOZ and Hobbit.
2) No game should take 2 years to develop? NO GAME! Jersey Jack has been out of sight and out of mind due to the time they took to make the game. Stern for what their games are worth released what 856 new games since Dialed In. LOL
3) The spinning disk in the center... personally this was another missed opportunity but not because they removed that prop but because it shouldn't be there in the first place. It has nothing to do with the movies. So they promote this then take it away probably because it was going to break but still upset people. Here is what they SHOULD HAVE DONE... create the biggest lower playfield ever on a pinball machine. WHY? DUH... Pirates is a water theme and alot of the films took place UNDER WATER. So the lower playfield could have been UNDER THE OCEAN! Missed opportunity big league.
The spinning disk is dumb... a big giant lower playfield would have been award winner.
SUGGESTIONS FOR JERSEY JACK GOING FOWARD:
1) Stop thinking you need to create some sort of masterpiece with every game for several reasons... for one if you don't hit a homerun you get hammered even more. Secondly you need to produce more games. Why not a non-wide body theme to build up your catalog at least 1 or 2 games a year. And then produce 1 SUPER HIGH END collector game every 1.5 years. This might be better for your company.
2) No reason JJ can't produce a game that is between Stern and what they typically do... they can jump into the ROCK THEMED pinballs and produce a couple games a year. They should create two different kind of lines to keep their company out in front of people more than once every two years.
3) Don't promote a game for two years without ever releasing it. I like the fact that JJ let people know what they're working on ... so now you're working on Toy Story great. Tell people sure thing... but do it about 3 to 6 months out from production not almost two years.
THEMES JERSEY JACK SHOULD CONSIDER:
Cheaper (Stern Style)
Music themes just as Ozzy - Beastie Boys - whatever cheaper games in the 5 to 6k range.
Quicker Themes Smaller Games: You're working with Disney a great theme would be Disney's Haunted Mansion. Stern is coming out with Munsters fight fire with fire... but make the game cool but cheaper. Universal Studios Monsters would make a great theme, some of the titles you have now that are down the line just do cheaper versions. Stuff you can't really see as an up to 2 year development game switch to a cheaper version and produce more games.
BIG THEMES: Jurassic Park would be up your alley... Fast and Furious, Dark Knight (Series), Harry Potter, Jaws would be bad ass, ... the list goes on. Save the coolest movie franchises for your all out mode and start making other themes with a faster process.
Larry

No one wants a cheaped-out JJP game. We have Stern for that.

Where have you been? Wonka is next, then Toy Story, then something (Muppets if the original leaked roadmap still stands), then GnR. All up from here. The only real question mark is if Muppets is still in the plan, or if Slash kicked them off the schedule.

I'm not downvoting your post, but I hate your ideas. You're basically saying we need another Stern. We DO NOT NEED another Stern. DO. NOT.

#2934 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd dispute it.
But what do I know ?

Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpgIce-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
#2935 5 years ago

This thread has taken a disturbing turn. Not sure I want to ride this one out

#2936 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

This thread has taken a disturbing turn. Not sure I want to ride this one out

You sure?

crash-and-burn1.gifcrash-and-burn1.gif

#2937 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

a big giant underwater playfield

It was funny at first now it's just sad.
Having an under water Playfield would totally kill the electronics you would think someone who owns their own company would know that.

IMG_20180905_202833 (resized).jpgIMG_20180905_202833 (resized).jpgIMG_20180905_202915 (resized).jpgIMG_20180905_202915 (resized).jpgIMG_20180905_202953 (resized).jpgIMG_20180905_202953 (resized).jpg
#2938 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

People are saying they're not buying the game that is more or less what most people have said.

Why do you care so much about movie clips ? you don't even know there's a spinning map in the movie. Most people have told me they can't wait to get there's . (me included). and that your a troll. so there it is..
sorry.. you can kick your can down the street.

words for you to live by:

"Have you ever noticed how an angry man can only get so far? Until he reconciles the way he thinks things ought to be, with the way things are?"

#2939 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No one wants a cheaped-out JJP game. We have Stern for that.
Where have you been? Wonka is next, then Toy Story, then something (Muppets if the original leaked roadmap still stands), then GnR. All up from here. The only real question mark is if Muppets is still in the plan, or if Slash kicked them off the schedule.
I'm not downvoting your post, but I hate your ideas. You're basically saying we need another Stern. We DO NOT NEED another Stern. DO. NOT.

Wonka = Two Thumbs Up
TS = One Thumb Up
Muppets = Meh.
New GnR? I want to see a new GnR badly, but they'll be on their "Twice in a Lifetime Tour" by then.

#2940 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Houdini was a home run game

It is a home run game for some folks!
I agree with dr, on a few things, but I am not going to write 4 or 5 paragraphs stating why I do and don't. I don't type that fast and would probably screw up some words and have the grammer police on my a$$.
Hopefully this does not turn into a GB debacle where folks are at each flippers!
I know that JJP puts out games that have a lot to them. I would get a DI but I would really like a widebody game as I don't have one, and pirates is a theme I can dig! Because I love the water and boats. We even have a little sail boat!
Time will tell how well pirates does and what JJ's plan of attack will be for the next pin. Still stoked for Eric and crew you guys have done a great job!

#2941 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

DI is good because the game does not have a foolish number of modes

#2942 5 years ago

Can't wait until lots more units ship so that an Owner's thread will be created and this thread can finally die. The last 10 or so posts sound like a death-rattle.

#2943 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Can't wait until lots more units ship so that an Owner's thread will be created and this thread can finally die. The last 10 or so posts sound like a death-rattle.

I agree... It seems kind of toxic all of a sudden. I am really looking forward to having this in my collection personally.

#2944 5 years ago

ignore one person and this thread is just like it’s always been.

#2945 5 years ago

I can't wait to jump on a production game. I can't decide between Pirates or DI. I've played DI and really liked it. The JJPOTC proto that I played was having issues, so can't really judge it on that alone.

#2946 5 years ago

I don’t think you would be disappointed with either, you may be able to pick up a huo DI for thousands off right now.

#2947 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I am completely fine with everyone having their own opinions, but also it does seem that this thread is steering a little off course too. I guess for some, the compass pointing to their heart's desire is not pointing to this pin.

There is already a thread started, which I plan to upload some photos of when it arrives:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club

I got my shipment notification from flipnout1 for JJPOTCLE yesterday and it is perfect timing as we just got back from Disneyworld!
I am guessing sometime next week is when it will finally arrive and I will have time to set it up.

So my checklist:

Shipping Notification - done
Get Jack Sparrow hat for the unboxing - done
Escalara for moving to the basement - done
LTG mug - have, but need to find from last year's Expo - todo
Make some room for the new home for awesome pin - todo

#2948 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

I don’t think you would be disappointed with either, you may be able to pick up a huo DI for thousands off right now.

I bet you offer this guy 8200 he'll take it : )

Machine - For Sale
Dialed In LE Archived
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “I have number 120 Dialed in LE it looks like it just came out of the box low plays . cliffies on . all adjustments have been made plays fast and smooth .no trades please. thanks f...”
2018-10-09
Rocky River, OH
8,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 359 days
Viewed: 772 times

#2949 5 years ago

Just read the ship has already sailed on POTC theme, after putting a deposit down on one yesterday. Wish I’d known. but eagerly awaiting the game’s arrival before Christmas. Hoping to order a Deadpool pro or Munsters, before they go out of fashion in November and nobody wants one.

#2950 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

So my checklist:
Get Jack Sparrow hat for the unboxing - done

I'd go for an eyepatch too!

And don't forget the bottle of rum! Empty of course per Disney licensing requirements ) - :

They don't say how it has to be emptied, though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/59?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.