IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 67.
#2851 5 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

POTC LE now playing at On Tit @ AYCE Gogi in Van Nuys, CA
Game is amazing.
[quoted image]

On Tit? That's a real place?

#2852 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pirates joined my JJP line up yesterday.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

nice, and who maintains your pins?

#2853 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Totally agree. Like i said, distributors and a select few. No homeowners.

Yep definitely disappointing.

Missed opportunity in my opinion, should have had more of these out for the Labor Day holiday.

#2854 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yep definitely disappointing.
Missed opportunity in my opinion, should have had more of these out for the Labor Day holiday.

The cartwheel is not for Homeowners. I have moved on really.

#2855 5 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

On Tit? That's a real place?

Ohh, IT'S Real. Line up is always 16-20 amazing games. Always the new stuff. Last I heard has an Aliens to. Great food and beer to!

#2856 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The cartwheel is not for Homeowners. I have moved on really.

If buying the pin for my home I wouldn't want one of the very first few games off the line. Let a couple dozen be built first and have any early manufacturing bugs be worked out.

#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If buying the pin for my home I wouldn't want one of the very first few games off the line. Let a couple dozen be built first and have any early manufacturing bugs be worked out.

Totally agree!
I bet that all the locations have been on the preorder list before it was announced.
Getting the game out in the wild is more important that one dudes basement.

#2858 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That shit doesn’t worry me. We’re talking minor tweaks here not major failures.

I’ll take my game please.

#2859 5 years ago
cartwheel-475x363 (resized).pngcartwheel-475x363 (resized).png
#2860 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Missed opportunity in my opinion

Labor day was a missed opportunity? missed opportunities for me after announcing were; New years, my Birthday (April), Easter, start of summer, and every weekend in between...you get what im saying

#2861 5 years ago

I really don't understand the angst about locations and distributors (for test) getting games in advance of early buyers.

They're the guinea pigs, so that you hopefully get the best tuned, trouble free games as soon as you set them up. They won't just be tweaking setup and assembly, but there will inevitably be fixes and small changes to the code based on early feedback.

You're in no way getting screwed.

#2862 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I really don't understand the angst about locations and distributors (for test) getting games in advance of early buyers.
They're the guinea pigs, so that you hopefully get the best tuned, trouble free games as soon as you set them up. They won't just be tweaking setup and assembly, but there will inevitably be fixes and small changes to the code based on early feedback.

If they haven't gotten the kinks worked out over the last 11 months, there is a serious problem with how they do things.

#2863 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If they haven't gotten the kinks worked out over the last 11 months, there is a serious problem with how they do things.

That's not how the real world works, especially not on a machine this complex.

They've made constant minor changes. The production machines need to be tested by people who know what they're doing and who will give useful, timely feedback before they go out to home buyers.

#2864 5 years ago

I would prefer my machine to be issue free as possible , so if that requires a bit more on site testing with an actual production model then I'm fine with that.

#2865 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

That's not how the real world works, especially not on a machine this complex.
They've made constant minor changes. The production machines need to be tested by people who know what they're doing and who will give useful, timely feedback before they go out to home buyers.

I'm not saying that no machines should be on location out of the gate. I just think it should be a 70/30 split, location vs homeowner. Stern doesn't strictly ship to locations/operators first, there are regular folks that get their machines in the same time frame and on a much shorter development and production timeline.
Yes from a mechanical standpoint locations gives it the best test with hundreds of play in a short period of time, BUT there have been thousands of games played on prototype machines anyway.

I think games that the homeowner gets are more likely to bring code issues/bugs to light quicker as you can dig deep into a game easier at home vs on location.

At this point, I would be amazed if there are any serious mechanical reliability issues. Code and bugs who knows because there are quite a few things that were never seen on any of the streams.

These are just my opinion and we are all allowed to have an opinion last I checked.

#2866 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm not saying that no machines should be on location out of the gate. I just think it should be a 70/30 split, location vs homeowner. Stern doesn't strictly ship to locations/operators first, there are regular folks that get their machines in the same time frame and on a much shorter development and production timeline.
Yes from a mechanical standpoint locations gives it the best test with hundreds of play in a short period of time, BUT there have been thousands of games played on prototype machines anyway.
I think games that the homeowner gets are more likely to bring code issues/bugs to light quicker as you can dig deep into a game easier at home vs on location.
At this point, I would be amazed if there are any serious mechanical reliability issues. Code and bugs who knows because there are quite a few things that were never seen on any of the streams.
These are just my opinion and we are all allowed to have an opinion last I checked.

I agree w/ all of this. On Oct 12, 2017 Pirates was shown. That was almost 11 months ago. Then this thread started by Eric over 4 months ago saying massive testing was done. How much testing do they need??? They have been streaming for months as well. I just feel bad for all the Homeowers who machines have BEEN paid for. Sure, there will be issues out of the box like all pinball machines have, but nothing major i'm sure...

#2867 5 years ago

Just venting but its over.

#2868 5 years ago

#2869 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just venting but its over.

Agree...it’s all good and I’m still very much looking forward to getting mine.

#2870 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree w/ all of this. On Oct 12, 2017 Pirates was shown. That was almost 11 months ago. Then this thread started by Eric over 4 months ago saying massive testing was done. How much testing do they need??? They have been streaming for months as well. I just feel bad for all the Homeowers who machines have BEEN paid for. Sure, there will be issues out of the box like all pinball machines have, but nothing major i'm sure...

Are you really surprised? Look at the track record.

#2871 5 years ago

It's hard to try to be patient, but the games are being produced now and are shipping. I think it's good that they go out to a good number of locations early. It's good that the actual production parts (not just the prototypes) get a quick check on a few dozen pins for durability. Yes, the prototypes have been out for a while that they have been tweaking, but the parts that are a different run for production that are mass produced need some plays as a final check. I think this is good for the home owners. I am also one of those people that want to try it before I buy it and I think there are many people like that. I'd still like a few more games on the production pin before I buy one … but our mind is pretty much already made from playing the prototypes that we will get one. I can't wait until one shows up locally to get some more time on it.

As far as how long it took, they didn't plan on that. They wanted to go into production in quarter 1. Issues came up and they fixed them before production. Who knows if there were other vender delays, but it sounded like there was that too. I like the JJP approach of sharing the prototype process and late development before shipping. It seemed that "we" have influenced a few things on the pin a small amount before production that will help to make the pin/code better - apron, wanted posters for high scores and such, code/sounds/video wishes, maybe a few of the other tweaks that I can't think of currently also. I think our feedback on the JJP live has helped with the code development (to a very small degree) with the general response to things shown in those streams. I'm sure it has at least created some short discussions within JJP.

Just my opinions.

#2872 5 years ago

My picture was all in good fun. Very happy with JJP's performance to date with WOZ..TH..DI. Yes I would love the games to come out quicker however ALL of my JJP's are up and running. No issues at all! Great build quality and all great games in there own way. Thanks for the extensive testing! But if you could be a little quicker I would greatly appreciate it.

#2873 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I call BS the prototypes that go to the shows are the game to work out the small changes. DI had the chipping playfield POTC had the chest and spinning disk talking about working things out after the cartwheel is just an excuse

#2874 5 years ago

im not really upset, just adding fuel!! Very excited to get my game....Just let me know when you are accepting deposits for the next one!

#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Dang Sky, say it ain't so, the JJP lovefest is waning a bit!

I'm with you though. I dropped out of my CE partly because of delay but mostly because if I'm still interested I'll just wait another year at this point and get one second hand then. And of course there are so many other options coming out right now!

11 months is too long from release to the START of delivery, especially after waiting 2 yrs. and 10 months to get my fully paid Woz.

One day, lets hope Jack can follow through with his promise of announcing a game and then delivering it Stern style.

#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agree...it’s all good and I’m still very much looking forward to getting mine.

I think you'd get your game sooner if you took it out of your current collection since you technically don't have it yet

#2877 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think you'd get your game sooner if you took it out of your current collection since you technically don't have it yet

Lol... your probably right, I got excited a month ago when I was told I’d likely have it by end of month. Oh well!

#2878 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dang Sky, say it ain't so, the JJP lovefest is waning a bit!
I'm with you though. I dropped out of my CE partly because of delay but mostly because if I'm still interested I'll just wait another year at this point and get one second hand then. And of course there are so many other options coming out right now!
11 months is too long from release to the START of delivery, especially after waiting 2 yrs. and 10 months to get my fully paid Woz.
One day, lets hope Jack can follow through with his promise of announcing a game and then delivering it Stern style.

Dont get me wrong here. I love JJP but the time frame and how they distribute the game im not in favor of.

#2879 5 years ago

Made it to level 257 today

62ECC58A-C5FE-419B-9806-5BFD1D232AB2 (resized).jpeg62ECC58A-C5FE-419B-9806-5BFD1D232AB2 (resized).jpeg81E62ECE-5BB6-4D3E-9134-2C0846A002B4 (resized).jpeg81E62ECE-5BB6-4D3E-9134-2C0846A002B4 (resized).jpeg
#2880 5 years ago

So is it likely if someone say just jumped in on the preorder a couple weeks ago that they won’t get their game for a very long time?

#2881 5 years ago

Sheesh, tough crowd. Yes they had games out (I believe 2) but those were Raw beta versions to which they learned a lot from including hole protectors, new shooter lane, hole sizes, diskgate, and Many other long term issues. I say Bravo to the distributors and a few route facilities that are willing to take a few dozen production games on their dime and shake out any last issues. I personally would rather wait and read post after post about “where’s my game!” Then my game is broke and they should have seen this. We waited this long, no deposit is being held hostage, give them time and all will be happy in pinball land.

#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

So is it likely if someone say just jumped in on the preorder a couple weeks ago that they won’t get their game for a very long time?

No telling but I bet if you call Flippen Out Larry just east of you he will tell you where you are the list and update you as your day arrives.

#2883 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No telling but I bet if you call Flippen Out Larry just east of you he will tell you where you are the list and update you as your day arrives.

Even if I preordered direct? Sorry if that’s a dumb question this will be my first nib game...

#2884 5 years ago

I think the bayou hole is going to need something. It looked like is was taking some wear.

#2885 5 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

Even if I preordered direct? Sorry if that’s a dumb question this will be my first nib game...

Email Jen at JJP for direct orders. She usually responds promptly on weekdays.

#2886 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Made it to level 257 today
[quoted image][quoted image]

So when is the release party scheduled there?

#2887 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I think the bayou hole is going to need something. It looked like is was taking some wear.

In the last JJP blog video the said the identified that from the 257 beta machine and made the hole larger and put a protector on it. Looks like they are leaving no stone unturned on this one.

#2888 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

To be fair, stern does ship to us first. To get an early production game you must be a stern army location. I feel everyone's money is the same but I do see more home use game owners complain about minor issues where I coordinate with my distributor to resolve and make note.

Hope you get your game soon!

#2889 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In the last JJP blog video the said the identified that from the 257 beta machine and made the hole larger and put a protector on it. Looks like they are leaving no stone unturned on this one.

That is an in-hole protector. It appears that the edge of the PF is tapered, that is what I want to protect (if possible), that and the top edge to prevent topside chipping. I am waiting for someone to work with Cliff on any concerning areas and then I will order whatever he comes up with.

I am very happy to see the JJP Team providing what that have and adjusting to try to reduce possible wear areas. It is then up to the owner if they want to do more. I want to do what I can for sure as this pin is both beautiful and co$tly!

#2890 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

when is the release party

I have no clue. We were headed to a wedding in the NW burbs, so we did a little swing through.

#2891 5 years ago

New week and new month, are we going to see anything ship to homeowners this week?

#2892 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

New week and new month, are we going to see anything ship to homeowners this week?

No.

Nothing ever gets done the week of Labor Day.

#2893 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

No.
Nothing ever gets done the week of Labor Day.

JJP gives everyone the week off?

Must be nice

#2894 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

JJP gives everyone the week off?

No.

LTG : )

#2895 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My guess would be no for September. No soup for you!

#2896 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My guess would be no for September. No soup for you!

I hope your wrong... I should have know better than to ask if anything was going to ship this week, what the hell was I thinking?

We will be lucky to see it by the end of the year.

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I hope your wrong... I should have know better than to ask if anything was going to ship this week, what the hell was I thinking?
We will be lucky to see it by the end of the year.

If it would help you feel more at ease you could just send your money to me? That way that burdensome lump is out of your pocket. lol Give them time, I suspect they are in the same place as when you asked 2 days ago.

#2898 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If it would help you feel more at ease you could just send your money to me? That way that burdensome lump is out of your pocket. lol Give them time, I suspect they are in the same place as when you asked 2 days ago.

I'm paid up for my machine so I won't be at ease til it's sitting in my Game room.

#2899 5 years ago

I've seen this game and played it at IAAPA and Amusement Expo. I think this game is a mis-step for JJ. Couple reasons why...

1) They pride themselves with Hobbit and WOZ using a lot of clips from the movies. With that being said they should have picked a different them, because this game has almost NO CLIPS from the movie. So if you expect to see Depp as Captain Jack you'll be disappointed. I think this game would have been incredible had they had access to those film clips. So why pick this theme a fading series and no access to the clips as you had with WOZ and Hobbit.

2) No game should take 2 years to develop? NO GAME! Jersey Jack has been out of sight and out of mind due to the time they took to make the game. Stern for what their games are worth released what 856 new games since Dialed In. LOL

3) The spinning disk in the center... personally this was another missed opportunity but not because they removed that prop but because it shouldn't be there in the first place. It has nothing to do with the movies. So they promote this then take it away probably because it was going to break but still upset people. Here is what they SHOULD HAVE DONE... create the biggest lower playfield ever on a pinball machine. WHY? DUH... Pirates is a water theme and alot of the films took place UNDER WATER. So the lower playfield could have been UNDER THE OCEAN! Missed opportunity big league.
The spinning disk is dumb... a big giant lower playfield would have been award winner.

SUGGESTIONS FOR JERSEY JACK GOING FOWARD:

1) Stop thinking you need to create some sort of masterpiece with every game for several reasons... for one if you don't hit a homerun you get hammered even more. Secondly you need to produce more games. Why not a non-wide body theme to build up your catalog at least 1 or 2 games a year. And then produce 1 SUPER HIGH END collector game every 1.5 years. This might be better for your company.

2) No reason JJ can't produce a game that is between Stern and what they typically do... they can jump into the ROCK THEMED pinballs and produce a couple games a year. They should create two different kind of lines to keep their company out in front of people more than once every two years.

3) Don't promote a game for two years without ever releasing it. I like the fact that JJ let people know what they're working on ... so now you're working on Toy Story great. Tell people sure thing... but do it about 3 to 6 months out from production not almost two years.

THEMES JERSEY JACK SHOULD CONSIDER:

Cheaper (Stern Style)

Music themes just as Ozzy - Beastie Boys - whatever cheaper games in the 5 to 6k range.

Quicker Themes Smaller Games: You're working with Disney a great theme would be Disney's Haunted Mansion. Stern is coming out with Munsters fight fire with fire... but make the game cool but cheaper. Universal Studios Monsters would make a great theme, some of the titles you have now that are down the line just do cheaper versions. Stuff you can't really see as an up to 2 year development game switch to a cheaper version and produce more games.

BIG THEMES: Jurassic Park would be up your alley... Fast and Furious, Dark Knight (Series), Harry Potter, Jaws would be bad ass, ... the list goes on. Save the coolest movie franchises for your all out mode and start making other themes with a faster process.

Larry

#2900 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I've seen this game and played it at IAAPA and Amusement Expo. I think this game is a mis-step for JJ. Couple reasons why...
1) They pride themselves with Hobbit and WOZ using a lot of clips from the movies. With that being said they should have picked a different them, because this game has almost NO CLIPS from the movie. So if you expect to see Depp as Captain Jack you'll be disappointed. I think this game would have been incredible had they had access to those film clips. So why pick this theme a fading series and no access to the clips as you had with WOZ and Hobbit.
2) No game should take 2 years to develop? NO GAME! Jersey Jack has been out of sight and out of mind due to the time they took to make the game. Stern for what their games are worth released what 856 new games since Dialed In. LOL
3) The spinning disk in the center... personally this was another missed opportunity but not because they removed that prop but because it shouldn't be there in the first place. It has nothing to do with the movies. So they promote this then take it away probably because it was going to break but still upset people. Here is what they SHOULD HAVE DONE... create the biggest lower playfield ever on a pinball machine. WHY? DUH... Pirates is a water theme and alot of the films took place UNDER WATER. So the lower playfield could have been UNDER THE OCEAN! Missed opportunity big league.
The spinning disk is dumb... a big giant lower playfield would have been award winner.
SUGGESTIONS FOR JERSEY JACK GOING FOWARD:
1) Stop thinking you need to create some sort of masterpiece with every game for several reasons... for one if you don't hit a homerun you get hammered even more. Secondly you need to produce more games. Why not a non-wide body theme to build up your catalog at least 1 or 2 games a year. And then produce 1 SUPER HIGH END collector game every 1.5 years. This might be better for your company.
2) No reason JJ can't produce a game that is between Stern and what they typically do... they can jump into the ROCK THEMED pinballs and produce a couple games a year. They should create two different kind of lines to keep their company out in front of people more than once every two years.
3) Don't promote a game for two years without ever releasing it. I like the fact that JJ let people know what they're working on ... so now you're working on Toy Story great. Tell people sure thing... but do it about 3 to 6 months out from production not almost two years.
THEMES JERSEY JACK SHOULD CONSIDER:
Cheaper (Stern Style)
Music themes just as Ozzy - Beastie Boys - whatever cheaper games in the 5 to 6k range.
Quicker Themes Smaller Games: You're working with Disney a great theme would be Disney's Haunted Mansion. Stern is coming out with Munsters fight fire with fire... but make the game cool but cheaper. Universal Studios Monsters would make a great theme, some of the titles you have now that are down the line just do cheaper versions. Stuff you can't really see as an up to 2 year development game switch to a cheaper version and produce more games.
BIG THEMES: Jurassic Park would be up your alley... Fast and Furious, Dark Knight (Series), Harry Potter, Jaws would be bad ass, ... the list goes on. Save the coolest movie franchises for your all out mode and start making other themes with a faster process.
Larry

No,time,to,disagree with everything you said as those are you thoughts and opinions but the day JJP tries to be Stern making only quantity over quality is the day I personally will loose interest in their products. The are a custom product company. They don’t need 500 crappy games to be good, they need a few well crafted and innovative designed games to be Great. I personally think they are doing all the right things with an incredible team of talent unfortunately not at the demand collectors all demand. Only rebutle to you opinion, have you watch Any of the movies? The map Was a key part of the story and it Did spin very similar to the creative way JJP implemented it. Well done and personality I think better than some Dory under the sea concept.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/58?hl=outlanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.