IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 67.
#2801 5 years ago

The CE edition is going to be really LIMITED

People are dropping like flies

It's a guaranteed big time $$$ loser like the DICE

#2802 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Confused by this.
If he hooked you up with one that is supposed to ship this week then it must be in a lot that he had already committed for, and was already committed to him. Orwhat you are suggesting is that he does so much business with JJP that Jack would pull from another reseller to get you one.

Down boy. Typical Pinside here with this people making up stories about Jack and I to create drama.

Nobody’s getting games this week, that was original estimates we were given but except for a few, they are running a few containers for Australia and Europe first as it takes up to 2 months for them to get games. Then US games to follow. I don’t even have our distributor game yet. They are still getting that initial batch out of distributor games and a few locations for up front testing before full production.

With regard to Wolfman, what he didn’t mention, he’s getting a STANDARD. We get allotted so many SEs and so many LEs. SEs don’t sell in high numbers and my first allotment I had I think 3. One of those first day SEs asked to be delayed and I have no more sold therefore there was an open slot which he got. Nobody got jumped. So ask before you assume you know what’s going on.

Additionally we couldn’t put LEs with rad cals into our first allotments because they weren’t received from factory yet and first allotments were assumed to be out before they were there. So anyone with RC wasn’t in a first allotment.

Games are made in order of ordering but production and parts availability sometimes necessitate things. Why do you think one reason Stern makes LEs last and JJP CEs last ? Cause they have more stuff that they get and the more stuff the more vendors. The more vendors the longer time it may take to get everything in to make a certain model.

And as Lloyd said things are VERY slow to start. They test the hell out of each and every game to endure everything is perfect. When they have the confidence the line has everything down pat then they will really start to roll.

Consider yourself educated. Please don’t make stuff up when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

#2803 5 years ago

I see that RadCals are $400 extra, is it worth it? Does anyone have a comparison picture between the normal ones and the RadCals?
From DI, WOZ or TH? I guess the RadCals are not available yet for Pirates.

Edit: Found a video. That is high gloss!

#2804 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I hear you and agree. I just recall someone saying 20+ a week was their target with their lines.

I think the target once ramped was 15 per day, hoping for a little higher. First 2 or 3 weeks will be way slower though.

Pirates is so complex. They'll be checking they got everything right, refining the assembly process and analysing feedback from ops and distributors.

#2805 5 years ago

We got one last week [central USA] that is on location already [distributor]. Still a ton of stuff to shoot for and a packed game even without the discs. I like it. Only a few minor adjustments needed out of the box - same with any pin from any manufacturer.

#2806 5 years ago

How many CE will be made?

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think the target once ramped was 15 per day, hoping for a little higher. First 2 or 3 weeks will be way slower though.
Pirates is so complex. They'll be checking they got everything right, refining the assembly process and analysing feedback from ops and distributors.

Quoted from rubberducks:

15 a day i would consider pretty darn impressive.

#2808 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Down boy. Typical Pinside here with this people making up stories about Jack and I to create drama.
Nobody’s getting games this week, that was original estimates we were given but except for a few, they are running a few containers for Australia and Europe first as it takes up to 2 months for them to get games. Then US games to follow. I don’t even have our distributor game yet. They are still getting that initial batch out of distributor games and a few locations for up front testing before full production.
With regard to Wolfman, what he didn’t mention, he’s getting a STANDARD. We get allotted so many SEs and so many LEs. SEs don’t sell in high numbers and my first allotment I had I think 3. One of those first day SEs asked to be delayed and I have no more sold therefore there was an open slot which he got. Nobody got jumped. So ask before you assume you know what’s going on.
Additionally we couldn’t put LEs with rad cals into our first allotments because they weren’t received from factory yet and first allotments were assumed to be out before they were there. So anyone with RC wasn’t in a first allotment.
Games are made in order of ordering but production and parts availability sometimes necessitate things. Why do you think one reason Stern makes LEs last and JJP CEs last ? Cause they have more stuff that they get and the more stuff the more vendors. The more vendors the longer time it may take to get everything in to make a certain model.
And as Lloyd said things are VERY slow to start. They test the hell out of each and every game to endure everything is perfect. When they have the confidence the line has everything down pat then they will really start to roll.
Consider yourself educated. Please don’t make stuff up when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

@pinballstar, Joe thank you for the explanation. It is certainly not something that you should have had to post to justify the sale, that is on me. Although drama and rumour were not my intention, I can now see the insinuation with my 'are you suggesting that...' scenario. It was unnecessary and unprofessional and for that I apologize to you and to Jack.

#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

15 a day i would consider pretty darn impressive.

Does JJP only build one model at a time? I.E. they stop building WOZ, etc while they build PotC?

#2810 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

. It was unnecessary and unprofessional and for that I apologize to you and to Jack

Kissing a$$ will not help you get your game any faster.
Just kidding!!!!

#2811 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Does JJP only build one model at a time? I.E. they stop building WOZ, etc while they build PotC?

Pretty sure they operate multiple lines and thought Hobbit recently stopped production and dialed in is down to one line

Not sure this info is 100% accurate though, I’ve never visited the factory.

#2812 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

#2813 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I see that RadCals are $400 extra, is it worth it? Does anyone have a comparison picture between the normal ones and the RadCals?
From DI, WOZ or TH? I guess the RadCals are not available yet for Pirates.
Edit: Found a video. That is high gloss!

I have RadCals on my Hobbit, and I would say its not worth the extra coin. Not saying their not nice, but I don't think their worth the extra coin

#2814 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

They have a main production line (currently building JJPOTC), and a mini production line with a lot less assembly stations (more to assemble at each station) that is currently building DI's.

#2815 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have RadCals on my Hobbit, and I would say its not worth the extra coin. Not saying their not nice, but I don't think their worth the extra coin

What's the difference with the RadCals? Is it just different artwork or are they a higher quality decal?

#2816 5 years ago

Am I the only one that wishes they had a webcam pointed at the assembly line... so you could watch machines being built.. what would be awesome is if Jen calls you and tells you it is on the line and you could watch YOURS being built. ... yeah .. probably just me. I am really anxious to get this JJPOTC LE

#2817 5 years ago

Have to disagree re. radcals. I have them on my WOZRR; wish I did on my THBA and I've ordered them for my POTCLE already. The only reason my Hobbit did not have them is I cut a great deal on an in-stock NIB one with my local distributor. Maybe I should have ordered one with them 'cuz I think they are great. Just my opinion. To each is own.

#2818 5 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

Am I the only one that wishes they had a webcam pointed at the assembly line... so you could watch machines being built.. what would be awesome is if Jen calls you and tells you it is on the line and you could watch YOURS being built. ... yeah .. probably just me. I am really anxious to get this JJPOTC LE

This would be pretty cool.

#2819 5 years ago

Anybody else surprised that there was nobody on the list for standard? I agree that the limited edition is the way to go. All the upgrades make it worthwhile. IMHO

#2821 5 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

What's the difference with the RadCals? Is it just different artwork or are they a higher quality decal?

same artwork, higher quality decal...some people think their great....I have them on Smaug Edition...they look nice...just not worth the extra $ (IMHO)....

#2822 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

After two yr DI CE at a run of 150 has still not sold out chance is less than limit run as will never sell out there is a limit two what one can charge

#2823 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

After two yr DI CE at a run of 150 has still not sold out chance is less than limit run as will never sell out there is a limit two what one can charge

Yeah, 200 is a lot of games for a super high end collector pin. I think 50 would have been a better number to keep it at. Hell, 200 games used to be how many LE's were made.

I love JJP games but they are taking the collectibility out of their games with the crazy high LE counts (now unlimited for Pirates LE?) and 200 count CE games. One of the reasons why people buy LE's is because of the lower build counts.

#2824 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Anybody else surprised that there was nobody on the list for standard? I agree that the limited edition is the way to go. All the upgrades make it worthwhile. IMHO

Ya we sell like maybe 7 an entire run. Everyone wants the bling when they are going jjp.

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

pinballstar, Joe thank you for the explanation. It is certainly not something that you should have had to post to justify the sale, that is on me. Although drama and rumour were not my intention, I can now see the insinuation with my 'are you suggesting that...' scenario. It was unnecessary and unprofessional and for that I apologize to you and to Jack.

All good bud. An insinuation like that can lead to alot of trouble for me. I’m the straightest shooter there is. I FIGHT for you guys when nonsense like that occurs trust me. So it’s important to me that things don’t spiral. I work hard for my reputation so yes I’m going to defend myself. It’s cool. I understand AND appreciate everyone’s excited to get thier game. That’s what we want ! : )
Joe

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2826 5 years ago

Ok this may be a question that has been covered but I couldn’t find it... Which would you get faster? Ordering a JJPOTC LE direct from Jen or via distributor ? There aren’t many distribs close to KC ...

#2827 5 years ago

Email from Jen, my game is scheduled for 3rd-4th week of Sept. so in under a month I should get my LE. Looking forward to it.

#2828 5 years ago

Look for posts by member 86142 (zaphX) and associated replies. Don't know the exact post number(s) but you can find more info on online ordering pros and cons.

#2829 5 years ago

Thank you arcadem ... I may have to reconsider my direct order and do more research on regional distribs here in the midwest... I appreciate your input.

#2830 5 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

Ok this may be a question that has been covered but I couldn’t find it... Which would you get faster? Ordering a JJPOTC LE direct from Jen or via distributor ? There aren’t many distribs close to KC ...

I am in the same boat as you. Looking at a JJPOTC LE, but not wanting to drive a couple hours to Columbia or up to Nebraska! They need to partner with a distributor here in KC.

#2831 5 years ago
Quoted from atum:

I am in the same boat as you. Looking at a JJPOTC LE, but not wanting to drive a couple hours to Columbia or up to Nebraska! They need to partner with a distributor here in KC.

PREACH! hahaha... I guess we could always go to "Gameroom concepts" *snicker*

#2832 5 years ago
Quoted from atum:

If you pre-order from a distributor, your pin can be directly shipped to your house from JJP ... if that is what you are concerned about.

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

They are still getting that initial batch out of distributor games and a few locations for up front testing before full production.

Wait, they are not in full production....FAKE CARTWHEEL!!! JK

#2834 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

pinballstar, Joe thank you for the explanation. It is certainly not something that you should have had to post to justify the sale, that is on me. Although drama and rumour were not my intention, I can now see the insinuation with my 'are you suggesting that...' scenario. It was unnecessary and unprofessional and for that I apologize to you and to Jack.

This reply makes me proud to be Canadian.

#2835 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, 200 is a lot of games for a super high end collector pin. I think 50 would have been a better number to keep it at. Hell, 200 games used to be how many LE's were made.
I love JJP games but they are taking the collectibility out of their games with the crazy high LE counts (now unlimited for Pirates LE?) and 200 count CE games. One of the reasons why people buy LE's is because of the lower build counts.

Gotta agree here, love my Woz "ECLE" but at 1000 and different versions its in no way "limited".

They need to come up with different terminology, Stern too.

The "Davey Jones edition", "The Black Pearl", "Ruby Red" (oh wait they already did that one)

When you see a DICE not selling at a big discount on the secondary market that doesn't inspire confidence at $12.5k.

I love the topper and look of the CE but I'll wait and get it second hand for less if i'm still in the market for one.

Either way, its great to see these games finally starting to ship!!!

#2836 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta agree here, love my Woz "ECLE" but at 1000 and different versions its in no way "limited".
The "Davey Jones edition", "The Black Pearl", "Ruby Red" (oh wait they already did that one)
When you see a DICE not selling at a big discount on the secondary market that doesn't inspire confidence at $12.5k.
I love the topper and look of the CE but I'll wait and get it second hand for less if i'm still in the market for one.

I think all machines and all trim levels are generally overproduced.

Set price and make x amount then move on to next title. I think this is even more true now that they are making vault editions so quickly after original build. Seems odd.

#2837 5 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

PREACH! hahaha... I guess we could always go to "Gameroom concepts" *snicker*

Yeah, I have talked to the guys at Gameroom and they just want to sell their half-functioning 10 year old machines for the price of an POTC LE. Not spending my dollars there.

Quoted from KingBW:

If you pre-order from a distributor, your pin can be directly shipped to your house from JJP ... if that is what you are concerned about.

Thanks for mentioning! I have talked with the nearest one about the delivery option, but it'll be the 4th LE they get, so I have a few months before I would get it anyway. So I am in no hurry to put down my money yet.

#2838 5 years ago

I see the LE version as the home edition, the standard is for route or a low cost version. I couldn’t care less on how many is made, only that I hope they make a boatload of them to secure the future of JJP.

The CE is the true collectors edition. For those that need a plaque an something special.

A new naming scheme would probably do them good.

#2839 5 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Yeah, I have talked to the guys at Gameroom and they just want to sell their half-functioning 10 year old machines for the price of an POTC LE. Not spending my dollars there

Yeah they had a busted TAF there... planking, house inserts were all jacked up... magnet burn.. and they wanted 10,500 for it... wtf man... I laughed my ass out of there.

#2840 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think all machines and all trim levels are generally overproduced.
Set price and make x amount then move on to next title. I think this is even more true now that they are making vault editions so quickly after original build. Seems odd.

They are killing the golden goose

#2841 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They are killing the golden goose

even if veruca gets hers, he will still have four.

goldengoose01 (resized).jpggoldengoose01 (resized).jpg
#2842 5 years ago

POTC LE now playing at On Tit @ AYCE Gogi in Van Nuys, CA
Game is amazing.

4834397C-6DBA-448F-B714-4B44FF16287B (resized).jpeg4834397C-6DBA-448F-B714-4B44FF16287B (resized).jpeg
#2843 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I throw away a lot of money on silly things, but the CE seems like a 3K screw job.

#2844 5 years ago

Pirates joined my JJP line up yesterday.

LTG : )

DSC00608 (resized).JPGDSC00608 (resized).JPG
#2845 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Wow, what a lineup! Very nice.

#2846 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Millipede is better

#2847 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Nice BreakShot!

#2848 5 years ago

Third one I've had here. First one I've owned. Breakshot has always done good here.

#2849 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Wait, they are not in full production....FAKE CARTWHEEL!!! JK

Totally agree. Like i said, distributors and a select few. No homeowners.

#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Totally agree. Like i said, distributors and a select few. No homeowners.

Hope you get your game soon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.