IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 67.
#2751 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You guys have seen pictures of that playfield , right?
Pinball takes time to build.

Your kidding me, right?

#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

JJP posted some pics on FB apparently of these things showing up at a few places.
I’m just really surprised that given how many were pictured assembled back on 8/2 and some random factory photos since showing many made that there haven’t been any going to distributors yet.
They have to be making 20+ a week at this point one would think.

Maybe some are on a boat going across the pond. I know Stern usually ships over seas very early in production as it takes a while on the slow boat. There were a bunch of DI's ready to go across the pond when I was there at the end of July so maybe they were holding the boat for a few of these in the shipment also. Eric has a production one now in the Chicago office, LTG's is on the way, a few are showing up in the wild. I think that after the holiday more pics will start popping up here. When LTG gets his, we know that shipping is ramping up.

#2753 5 years ago

I certainly hope its not 20+ a week. I work in a factory that is basically a assembly line. I fix what they screw up! And The cheapest piece of machinery we have starts at 750,000.
When you push production instead of quality you end up with a pile o poopy!!! People become complacent at a job they do over and over. Like the really quick soldering on hundreds of coils. Which then break during early game plays. I can be patient for a quality product.

#2754 5 years ago

You guys have seen pictures of that playfield , right?
Pinball takes time to build.

Communication.

I'm not asking for a committed delivery date, just would like to see how they are progressing. Are they on schedule?

We have been part of the process since the reveal. Many of us have been here for the long haul, many tune into the live stream (or watch afterwards), many have deposits or have paid in full. There have been ups and downs and they have come through beautifully. I assume that there are no major changes and software will continue to evolve, although it is close to complete now (rule wise), so it really is now just about 'when can I get mine?'

You can't compare present day pinball manufacturing to any other time in the past. We are connected and communication is not too much to ask for.

(Insert an emoticon or gif of me getting off of my soap box)

#2755 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can't believe how slow this process is,

Production just started recently. It takes time to get up to speed.

A game as complex as Pirates, I don't think you want them to hurry the process.

LTG : )

#2756 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Communication.
I'm not asking for a committed delivery date, just would like to see how they are progressing. Are they on schedule?
We have been part of the process since the reveal. Many of us have been here for the long haul, many tune into the live stream (or watch afterwards), many have deposits or have paid in full. There have been ups and downs and they have come through beautifully. I assume that there are no major changes and software will continue to evolve, although it is close to complete now (rule wise), so it really is now just about 'when can I get mine?'
You can't compare present day pinball manufacturing to any other time in the past. We are connected and communication is not too much to ask for.
(Insert an emoticon or gif of me getting off of my soap box)

Call your distributor and ask. By now they probably have their monthly allotment of pins tentatively scheduled. If you ordered direct from Jen, ask her. She can probably give an estimate for the JJP direct pins.

Joe likes text messages at 2AM from what I hear.

#2757 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Call your distributor and ask. By now they probably have their monthly allotment of pins tentatively scheduled. If you ordered direct from Jen, ask her. She can probably give an estimate for the JJP direct pins.
Joe likes text messages at 2AM from what I hear.

And if anyone Didn't buy from Joe Still text him at 2am to ask anyway!

#2759 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Your kidding me, right?

Personally...I dont care if they build 1 a week.
Quality or quantity anyday of the week.
We've all waited this long, we will all get our machines....eventually.

#2760 5 years ago

I hear you and agree. I just recall someone saying 20+ a week was their target with their lines.

#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I just recall someone saying 20+ a week was their target with their lines.

The important word is target. It will take some time before they reach that i guess.
I know that one Euro dealer has ordered a lot of them. They go by boat. Usually they get shipped early. At least that is what Stern does.

The euro dealer has changed the arrival date from 28/09 to 22/11. Its going to be a long wait...

#2762 5 years ago

The Potcle is at

foxx view lanes
2440 w sunset dr
waukesha, wi 53189

123_1 (resized).jpeg123_1 (resized).jpeg123_1_2 (resized).jpeg123_1_2 (resized).jpeg123_1_3 (resized).jpeg123_1_3 (resized).jpeg
#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I hear you and agree. I just recall someone saying 20+ a week was their target with their lines.

Jack told me back in July that the DI's were getting about 13 per day when production was running smooth on the main line and now they will be at about 5 per day on the second mini line. He hoped to be able to get up to the DI production rate or a target of 15 per day with JJPOTC, but it was too early to tell back then. They're probably still ramping up production to be efficient and are tweaking the time studies at each station. There is training to do too with all the line employees likely at each station. That's all probably wrapping up to get the line at full speed soon. JJP did post some Facebook photos of more out in the wild today.

#2764 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Jack told me back in July that the DI's were getting about 13 per day when production was running smooth on the main line and now they will be at about 5 per day on the second mini line. He hoped to be able to get up to the DI production rate or a target of 15 per day with JJPOTC, but it was too early to tell back then. They're probably still ramping up production to be efficient and are tweaking the time studies at each station. There is training to do too with all the line employees likely at each station. That's all probably wrapping up to get the line at full speed soon. JJP did post some Facebook photos of more out in the wild today.

Plus they have to learn to work wearing an eye patch! Jk. As we have time stupid thought/question. Do you suppose the people on the line actually like or play pinball? Seems like similar to a cook or artist by the time you assemble 500 of the same machine you probably can't stand the site of pinball much less play it? Crazy time burning thoughts....lol

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Plus they have to learn to work wearing an eye patch!

That cracked me up!

#2766 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Plus they have to learn to work wearing an eye patch!

And every time they put a screw in they say "arrrghhhh" .

Quoted from Yelobird:

Do you suppose the people on the line actually like or play pinball?

Probably not. Big difference between job and what you like or do for fun.

#2767 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Do you suppose the people on the line actually like or play pinball?

… and do they get an "A" plan company discount to buy a JJP pin?

#2768 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

The Potcle is at
foxx view lanes
2440 w sunset dr
waukesha, wi 53189 [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting. Good looking location. Great titles. Wish I lived closer. :bowling ball:

#2769 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And if anyone Didn't buy from Joe Still text him at 2am to ask anyway!

It was 10pm PST when I PM'ed him. Thats only 1am EST . He worked his magic and got me on the boat for this weeks shipment. Thanks again Joe!

#2770 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

It was 10pm PST when I PM'ed him. Thats only 1am EST . He worked his magic and got me on the boat for this weeks shipment. Thanks again Joe!

Confused by this.

If he hooked you up with one that is supposed to ship this week then it must be in a lot that he had already committed for, and was already committed to him. Orwhat you are suggesting is that he does so much business with JJP that Jack would pull from another reseller to get you one.

#2771 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Confused by this.
If he hooked you up with one that is supposed to ship this week then it must be in a lot that he had already committed for, and was already committed to him. Orwhat you are suggesting is that he does so much business with JJP that Jack would pull from another reseller to get you one.

Joe worked his magic and the deal was concluded, tells me Joe had a handle on the situation and came up with a solution. This has earned him one additional customer for life.

#2772 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

A potc this week? Are you a location/operater?

#2773 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Confused by this.

He had a customer who wanted to delay thier shipment. So he gave me thier spot to me which I happily paid in full for. Geeze there goes the magic. Want me to show you the crushed bird in the collapsable cage too?

#2774 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

A potc this week? Are you a location/operater?

No, this is for home. I doubt it arrives this week. My guess is for the second week of September.

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Want me to show you the crushed bird in the collapsable cage too?

Can you do a cow ?

That I'd like to see.

#2776 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can you do a cow ?
That I'd like to see.

Caged cow?

#2777 5 years ago

Caged cow with a eye patch that goes arrrgh!

#2778 5 years ago

I will probably have to delay mine as well. Seeing as how I had to have a new electrical box installed in my house!
Something about a code and having it in your bathroom.

#2779 5 years ago

I paid for mine back JAN/FEB, so I hope that with those who might be wanting to delay that I see mine sooner

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I paid for mine back JAN/FEB, so I hope that with those who might be wanting to delay that I see mine sooner

End of summer … vacation bills to pay … other new pins came out that some people have bought … summer tax bills coming due … sounds like there will be opportunity to move up if you have the funds while others delay to save or sell pins to get the funds.

#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

He had a customer who wanted to delay thier shipment. So he gave me thier spot to me which I happily paid in full for. Geeze there goes the magic. Want me to show you the crushed bird in the collapsable cage too?

Glad to hear that you are in and moved up!

You can see my surprise in the post as I committed literally 'day one' with deposit and full balance paid, only a few months later. So to hear that someone else who seemingly just committed today or was just offered a spot and would be getting their's next week would be both surprising and disappointing to me.

I can certainly say that between this and the ACNC, the daily and almost hourly F5 refreshes since the reveals have taken their tolls on me. I hope that once these come in that I can check out and just ignore the next couple of titles.

#2782 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Odd that the other customers didn’t get moved up versus new money.

Sometimes that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

#2783 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Odd that the other customers didn’t get moved up versus new money.
Sometimes that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

I believe he just paid for someone else's spot who wasn't ready to pay in full for delivery?

I'd have a problem too if someone came along and said here is a wad of cash, just put me up to the top of the line above everybody else

#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I believe he just paid for someone else's spot who wasn't ready to pay in full for delivery?
I'd have a problem too if someone came along and said here is a wad of cash, just put me up to the top of the line above everybody else

Why not just move everyone up a spot who have been waiting for the past year?

#2785 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Fact. Thats typically how life works. You step out of line the line moves forward. You don't just sell your spot to the person with a wad in their hand. Never understand the system or lack there of.

#2786 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think my spot is #12 on the CE model and hope to have it by the end of the year before Christmas - but when it gets there is fine with me -- But I thought I would just post here because there is NO ACTIVITY on my post on the CE Models - So I thought it be nice to get one in here.

HI EVERYONE

#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

The Potcle is at
foxx view lanes
2440 w sunset dr
waukesha, wi 53189 [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

oh boy

#2788 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I think my spot is #12 on the CE model and hope to have it by the end of the year before Christmas - but when it gets there is fine with me -- But I thought I would just post here because there is NO ACTIVITY on my post on the CE Models - So I thought it be nice to get one in here.
HI EVERYONE

Lonely on the CE list for this title. Looks like there is not many of us.

Sure is pretty though.

#2789 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

HI EVERYONE

Yeah but your still getting a Black coin door like everyone else so There!! lol

#2790 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And every time they put a screw in they say "arrrghhhh" .

Probably not. Big difference between job and what you like or do for fun.

Ok since we have time to kill, as I consider you the "Yoda" of pinball as you spend your day running an awesome pinball facility and helping others with pinball 18 hours a day do you still enjoy playing yourself? Not prying just curious as you have for the most part dedicated a major part of your life to the culture and hobby. Thanks for that by the way!!

#2791 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

do you still enjoy playing yourself?

I rarely get to play. My industry, not my pastime or hobby.

Kingpin gets remade and I have one here. I can see me having some fun on that game.

#2792 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Lonely on the CE list for this title. Looks like there is not many of us.
Sure is pretty though.

Does anyone know how many ce's are left, as far as I know there's one left in oz so that means at least 24 are gone. How many are going to Europe

#2793 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Does anyone know how many ce's are left, as far as I know there's one left in oz so that means at least 24 are gone. How many are going to Europe

Not sure but I think there are more than you would think still available.

#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure but I think there are more than you would think still available.

That's what were trying to figure out if Australia has 25 Europe must have at least 50 maybe , it's still a very low number of limited edition / collector's edition

#2795 5 years ago

You can't be serious at 20 a week that's only 1040 a year with say 300 to 400 units going to WOZ,DI,TH that leaves 600 to 700 POTC. I dought JJP is building only 20 units a week and the fact people think building more than 20 is bad is just sad

#2796 5 years ago

There is a fine line between production being too fast and quality control suffering and being too slow to operate efficient and profitably.

They build fantastic machines no question about it but with the cost and how long it takes them to get the returned revenue I wonder how viable this is long term especially if the economy were to weaken a bit.

It would be interesting to see their balance sheet.

Did I mention that I’m really anxious to get my damn game already!

#2797 5 years ago

Have any HOMEOWNERS gotten their Pirates? Not dealers, not bars, not barcades, not museums, homeowners?

#2798 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Have any HOMEOWNERS gotten their Pirates? Not dealers, not bars, not barcades, not museums, homeowners?

I don’t think so

#2799 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did I mention that I’m really anxious to get my damn game already!

Could not really tell, no!

#2800 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah but your still getting a Black coin door like everyone else so There!! lol

NOW THAT WAS FUNNY....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/56?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.