IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 67.
#2651 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

They are more like mantis protectors. If you look at all the scoops and holes, they don’t have a sharp clear edge. I guess that will help with wear.

The two holes appear to be routed at quite an angle so I don't think that you can get a real Cliffy edge and topside protector in those two holes. The ones provided by JJP are certainly welcome in my pin! (Edit: Kudos to Eric for extending the rails right down to the front in the shooter lane, very cool!)

I will be looking to protect other edges and holes where needed, think WOZ. Last I spoke to Cliff, he had not been contacted by Team JJP so I am hopeful that one of us early production buyers are can work with him on this.

#2652 5 years ago

that was a huge truck in the cartwheel video, where are all the boxes being delivered!? Come on shipping companies!!!

#2653 5 years ago

No more screen animation at the beginning of each chapter?
it was a cool thing. I find the missing bad now...

But the movement of the ship is a good thing.

Regards.

#2654 5 years ago
Quoted from fifou313:

No more screen animation at the beginning of each chapter?
it was a cool thing. I find the missing bad now...
But the movement of the ship is a good thing.
Regards.

I just noticed that the intro chapter video clips are missing as well What happened? Why are they gone? When the star map area is now hit to start a chapter the little canons representing each chapter at the top of the LCD screen trigger and then the mode starts with no chapter animation.

On another note the production game looks to play super smooth and fast!

#2655 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just noticed that the intro chapter video clips are missing as well What happened? Why are they gone? When the star map area is now hit to start a chapter the little canons representing each chapter at the top of the LCD screen trigger and then the mode starts with no chapter animation.
On another note the production game looks to play super smooth and fast!

I wonder if this is a setting perhaps? Can't imagine why they would remove all the video for chapters unless they are going to change some of them. Makes no sense.

#2657 5 years ago

Cool thing about the video they added was there are different videos for the various levels of damage.

#2658 5 years ago

Seeing that clip today just made my day.I'm getting the hobbit tomorrow, the wife is going away for the weekend and my football team is in the finals can life get any better. Go Hawks !

#2659 5 years ago

We were aborting chapter starts because the feed can insta drain if the ball is settled. Don't worry, we have a fix in software coming that we think will work well.

#2660 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

We were aborting chapter starts because the feed can insta drain if the ball is settled. Don't worry, we have a fix in software coming that we think will work well.

I hop We will not have to do wait too long to have the chapter introduction...

#2661 5 years ago

i have noticed on previous streams when the ball settles in the mode start hole on the right side of the up post it drains straight to the left outlane.
Maybe that is what they are trying to fix.

#2662 5 years ago

Anything new here on more units shipping or just the same Tumbleweeds?

7F629D17-C559-4D3C-BEEF-9767D15F5A12 (resized).jpeg7F629D17-C559-4D3C-BEEF-9767D15F5A12 (resized).jpeg
#2663 5 years ago

How do you abort chapter starts?

Or is this a software thing? Hoping the chapters scenes come back!

#2664 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Thanks Keith. That's good to hear that a software fix is in the works. The chapter intro clips are a must have in my opinion as they help tie the modes to the movies and help immerse the player in chapter modes.

#2665 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Anything new here on more units shipping or just the same Tumbleweeds?

News: I'm sure JJP's highest priorities are building and shipping units. "Pinball is hard" Everyone's day will come I'm sure. Hang in there.

#2666 5 years ago

Hey guys, I think you're reading too much into the chapter aborts. Sorry we didn't clarify earlier.

Like in most games, if there is a cut scene, multiball intro, bonus screen, etc, you can skip it by hitting both flipper buttons. We added that feature to the chapter cut scenes recently. They are absolutely still in the game! We just happen to do it a lot because we're impatient pinball players, so it looked like it happened nearly every time we started a chapter.

Thanks,

E

#2667 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Hey guys, I think you're reading too much into the chapter aborts. Sorry we didn't clarify earlier.
Like in most games, if there is a cut scene, multiball intro, bonus screen, etc, you can skip it by hitting both flipper buttons. We added that feature to the chapter cut scenes recently. They are absolutely still in the game! We just happen to do it a lot because we're impatient pinball players, so it looked like it happened nearly every time we started a chapter.
Thanks,
E

Cool - that’s what I was thinking.

#2668 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Thanks,
E

We prefer to complain and argue about what we assume or didn’t pay attention to. Fire, shoot, aim.... bravo again To you and the dream team that put this work of art together.

#2669 5 years ago

On the high score pages I see a reference to Locker escapes. I'm assuming this is something in reference to Davey Jones Locker but haven't seen this in the stream videos before. Any ideas?

#2670 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Seeing that clip today just made my day.I'm getting the hobbit tomorrow, the wife is going away for the weekend and my football team is in the finals can life get any better. Go Hawks !

Obviously your wife doesn't have an account on Pinside

#2671 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern usually produces LEs early in the production cycle.
I much prefer the JJP approach where the CEs are produced later in the cycle after all the little production changes/improvements are figured out.

Stern sent out a batch of IM pros before the LEs

#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

On the high score pages I see a reference to Locker escapes. I'm assuming this is something in reference to Davey Jones Locker but haven't seen this in the stream videos before. Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure it's the right outlane save.

#2673 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

I'm pretty sure it's the right outlane save.

Ah.... forgot about the save to the shooter lane. Didn’t realize it had a name and a score that is tracked.

Pretty cool

#2674 5 years ago

Is Davey Jones character coded in yet?

Couple streams ago he was there but they said he didn’t have any powers or code yet.

#2675 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Couple streams ago he was there but they said he didn’t have any powers or code yet.

If liars dice was done I'm sure they'd show it. The one at the brewery it wasnt finished yet

#2676 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I've been talking like a pirate to my kids all day. My 5 year old comes up to me and says "the foul pet of Davy Jones!" What a great quote! Hope Davy is coded tonight!

#2677 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

If liars dice was done I'm sure they'd show it. The one at the brewery it wasnt finished yet

It was not coded as of yesterday. I'm looking forward to this evening, I think I'll learn a lot on the rules from watching some of yall play.

#2678 5 years ago

I just want my pin. They can take their time coding

Yes, I realize that these are two different departments, just looking forward to getting my pin.

#2679 5 years ago

Davey Jones I believe is selectable in the game now but not sure what his scoring or powers are. Liars Dice may or may not apply to more than just Davey Jones, kind of got the impression it is a video mode of some kind.

#2680 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I just want my pin. They can take their time coding
Yes, I realize that these are two different departments, just looking forward to getting my pin.

I hear ya... I want my pin already, feels like I've been waiting years!

#2681 5 years ago

Does any buddy remember them talking about how cool the black pirate ship sails were going to be? I think they were going to add them to the mini playfeild but I am not sure. Does any buddy remember them talking about that?

#2682 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Does any buddy remember them talking about how cool the black pirate ship sails were going to be? I think they were going to add them to the mini playfeild but I am not sure. Does any buddy remember them talking about that?

Never said anything about sails on the mini Playfield and they would not fit anyway.

#2683 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Never said anything about sails on the mini Playfield and they would not fit anyway.

The walking about how cool the black sails were maybe they were talking about the CE topper.

#2684 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

The walking about how cool the black sails were maybe they were talking about the CE topper.

Yes that was CE topper talk

#2685 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Does any buddy remember them talking about how cool the black pirate ship sails were going to be?

In a stream Eric mentioned that he had been talking about raising the sails and everybody thought he meant physical sails, what he meant to my memory was the sails that you raise with the spinners. Correct me if I am wrong.
Anyhow, sails would not have fit on the ship.

#2686 5 years ago

Was there only one game in that truck?

#2687 5 years ago

I got one yesterday, it will be on location in NYC on Monday, probably in the Financial district, near the south street seaport. I'll play it on Saturday, but I'm hearing people like it more than the test games.

#2688 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Was there only one game in that truck?

Yeah no shit!

That 53 foot trailer should have been full. One unboxing on pinside in 8 days, kind of crazy.

#2689 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

One unboxing on pinside in 8 days, kind of crazy.

Not everybody is on Pinside or posts here.

More on Facebook.

More coming soon.

LTG : )

#2690 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not everybody is on Pinside or posts here.
More on Facebook.
More coming soon.
LTG : )

I don’t do Facebook.

#2691 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Obviously your wife doesn't have an account on Pinside

Haha no she doesn't and it's pretty good not hearing don't leave your beer there pick up your shoes turn that music down , turn up the heater and it's pizza for dinner tonight.

#2692 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

turn up the heater and it's pizza for dinner tonight.

And this is bad how? My wifes always turning down the heater, telling me I can only have one pin on at a time. Talking about how we spend to much for electricity!!!

#2693 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

In a stream Eric mentioned that he had been talking about raising the sails and everybody thought he meant physical sails, what he meant to my memory was the sails that you raise with the spinners. Correct me if I am wrong.
Anyhow, sails would not have fit on the ship.

That’s funny.The spinners on ship are the sails

#2694 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s funny.The spinners on ship are the sails

Maybe the spinners should have sail decals on them?

#2695 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Maybe the spinners should have sail decals on them?

Or maybe as your hammering away on the spinners there should be some video of sails or pirate flags being hoisted like in at worlds end movie where they all hoist their colors.

#2697 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

And this is bad how? My wifes always turning down the heater, telling me I can only have one pin on at a time. Talking about how we spend to much for electricity!!!

One pin at a time I really feel for you mate but at least she let's you have a pin my missus is is way too nice and let's me indulge in my pinball passion but after Pirates all spare cash is going to save up for a holiday to the USA which isn't such a bad thing.

#2698 5 years ago

I have been put on lock down too after pirates. She said she wants to go the Grand Canyon, And i am like why do you want to go see a big hole in the ground!
Yep, Back in the dog house! lol

#2699 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

One pin at a time I really feel for you mate but at least she let's you have a pin my missus is is way too nice and let's me indulge in my pinball passion but after Pirates all spare cash is going to save up for a holiday to the USA which isn't such a bad thing.

How long would your visit last to US? Suggest 8 weeks if you can swing it, and realize it will cost you a fortune ($20k+ for you and spouse) if done right. NYC for 1 week, DC for 1 week, Florida for 2 weeks (1 in Orlando), California for 2 weeks and whatever spots interest you most for 2 weeks.

#2700 5 years ago

The flyer mentions the game has "3 RGB edge lit spinners". Did these make it to production? If so, how do they work?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.