IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 67.
#2601 5 years ago

I just got back from playing pirates, the streams don't show just how big it is ,it's a huge machine and Eric and the gang make it look so easy, it's really hard, and good luck figuring out the star map even if you have time to look at it.

#2602 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I just got back from playing pirates, the streams don't show just how big it is ,it's a huge machine and Eric and the gang make it look so easy, it's really hard, and good luck figuring out the star map even if you have time to look at it.

Hello can you tell us about the boat movement?
regards

#2603 5 years ago
Quoted from fifou313:

Hello can you tell us about the boat movement?
regards

As far as I can recall the boat went left, centre ,right I was up there for quite a while trying to get the cannon shot I've done it before but tonight I couldn't get it but the boat rocking felt really good

#2604 5 years ago

I think Eric or Keith said in the last stream that the boat is coded for random speeds and movement based on how well your playing at where your at in game.

#2605 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think Eric or Keith said in the last stream that the boat is coded for random speeds and movement based on how well your playing at where your at in game.

And also what character you have.

#2606 5 years ago

I’m I missing something,or is there a reason why upper playfield has to continually be moving?

#2607 5 years ago

Could it not be triggered by a switch going up ramp at lowest spot of ramp

#2608 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m I missing something,or is there a reason why upper playfield has to continually be moving?

You're missing something the game I played the Playfield wasn't continually moving

#2609 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Good point and I agree it does run an awful lot and I’m not sure it really needs to.

#2610 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You're missing something the game I played the Playfield wasn't continually moving

I mean when there’s a ball in play of course

#2611 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Could it not be triggered by a switch going up ramp at lowest spot of ramp

Totally agree with this. I can see with in 2 months the motor burning out.

#2612 5 years ago

Are these shipping with some kind of protectors? Like Cliffy's.

#2613 5 years ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

center right center right

Read following posts please. I was wrong.

LTG : )

#2614 5 years ago

Anyone else have one delivered yet? I'm surprised only one has made an appearance on pinside so far.

#2615 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Every one I've seen does this.

strange then, on a early video footage, it seems the boat really roll from left to right and not juste from center to right ?
bad sight or a change occured ?

#2616 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Does the boat Rock continuously?

#2617 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This was asked during the last 2+ hours stream and the response from Eric/Keith was it DOES have full movement and speed is random depending on how your playing and character selection as mentioned before.

So unless something has changed I would expect full movement. Camera angle has an impact on the visuals as well. At one point several thought the lanterns were removed from ship but they were still there. Again, all because of camera angle.

If it really doesn't go left at all that is kind of odd in my opinion. Not very boat like.

#2618 5 years ago

This game wasn't really on my radar, but after seeing the pics of #1 delivered and watching the most recent stream, I'm strongly considering this. I'd have to liquidate 2-3 games, but I'm really thinking hard about it. Wow! It's got so much going on!

#2619 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This was asked during the last 2+ hours stream and the response from Eric/Keith was it DOES have full movement and speed is random depending on how your playing and character selection as mentioned before.
So unless something has changed I would expect full movement. Camera angle has an impact on the visuals as well. At one point several thought the lanterns were removed from ship but they were still there. Again, all because of camera angle.
If it really doesn't go left at all that is kind of odd in my opinion. Not very boat like.

At the beginning of the game it favors tilting left. The more you get into the game and depending on the mode it will rock more. Eric told me back in April that there is a mechanical adjustment on the linkage to favor the angle more in one direction or the other, depending on owner preference. So the tournament type players can favor the average roll angle to the right if they so choose to in order to make the game play up there harder.

#2620 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thank you for this information.

I appreciate it.

#2621 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

At the beginning of the game it favors tilting left. The more you get into the game and depending on the mode it will rock more. Eric told me back in April that there is a mechanical adjust on the linkage to favor the angle more in one direction or the other, depending on owner preference. So the tournament type players can favor the average roll angle to the right if they so choose to in order to make the game play up there harder.

I thought he said awhile ago that the ship sways less when you put "Wind in the sails" aka shooting the spinners more on the ship, the less it sways back and forth. I may be mistaken though.

#2622 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

I thought he said awhile ago that the ship sways less when you put "Wind in the sails" aka shooting the spinners more on the ship, the less it sways back and forth. I may be mistaken though.

Yeah I kind of remember hearing something like this but I did watch a million videos so can’t be certain.

#2623 5 years ago

If the ship's mech supports the left, center and right movement then that should all be programmable and hopefully it will come.

Any updates on production details, quantities etc...? Come on Jack, show us the gold!

#2624 5 years ago

Having thought about the boat continuously rocking, the game I played hadn't been updated for a while it wasn't taking photos so I guess the only way to know 100% is to ask one of the lucky new owners

#2626 5 years ago

Shhhh, we are waiting for invoices/shipping notifications. Or at least a round of detailed photos from any in the wild.

#2627 5 years ago

Back to crickets again...time to start pumping these sob’s out already!

How many they building per week and do they ship weekly?

#2628 5 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Or at least a round of detailed photos from any in the wild.

Some great pictures in this thread :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pirates-of-the-caribbean-shipping-to-helicon-brewing/page/3#post-4553130

#2629 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I've been asking, you and others have asked as well. Not sure why there is not a simple response, especially when there are threads suggesting that they were running through the build to determine this. WEIRD.

#2630 5 years ago

The real question should be, Why does LTG not have his yet?

#2631 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

He probably does but knowing LTG he probably completely disassembled it down to the last screw so he can be the wizard of knowledge on this game from the ground up for service calls. Or, he’s just playing the crap out of it and gone radio silent lol.

#2632 5 years ago

Thanks for the link to the other thread Lloyd.

cjmjmm2006 beautiful pics!

It appears that the Tia Dalma hole might have a clear mylar protector edging. I don't notice this on the other holes and saucer(s).

It also appears in the pics, that the center disc might be off center and that there is a sizable gap from disc to PF. Now, this might just be the camera angle but can you confirm?

I am trying to determine what exactly I should be getting cliffies for; metal protectors for In-line rail drops, ball launch, mylar for the rest?

Share your thoughts.

#2633 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Tech support is more exciting when I haven't got one here to check.

#2635 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They are. Look at all the pictures. It takes a long time for everyone to sign everything.

#2636 5 years ago

was this the thread the cartwheel was on?

#2637 5 years ago

JJP Live going... live again today at 3PM CDT. We'll be streaming a brand-new-off-the-line game!

#2638 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

JJP Live going... live again today at 3PM CDT. We'll be streaming a brand-new-off-the-line game!

Any new surprises worth tuning in for?

#2639 5 years ago

Finally video for blowing ship up! Awesome

#2640 5 years ago

Awesome stream today!
The production model played so fast. I noticed that the ball from the depths just as it passes the 2nd lane it slows down a tad. That was needed. For newbies it will drain fast.

The production ramps looks great. And the trough with the ramp going all the way, removing playfield wear and making the transition smoot. Just great!

#2641 5 years ago

Happy to see the ramps being made at will.

Time for JJP to rebox the earliest production JJPOTC pinball machine and send it Lloyd's way. stat. He's already got a head start cause Eric fixed the gold button for him. It could probably be earning $ at SS Billiards by Tue morning.

#2642 5 years ago

Per Eric in the stream today, games are shipping with 2 cliffy protectors on the 2 areas where they saw wear from the prototype.

It played fast and smooth, and the music was fantastic and varied (not repetitive).

#2643 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Per Eric in the stream today, games are shipping with 2 cliffy protectors on the 2 areas where they saw wear from the prototype.
It played fast and smooth, and the music was fantastic and varied (not repetitive).

Awesome!

Is there concern with the center disc and the playfield edge for it's hole? The unit at the brewery, the disc seemed off center with a larger gap on one side. This may be inaccurate and just skewed visually in the pictures. Still interested to know.

#2644 5 years ago

Just saw Eric blowing up to ship on the latest stream looks awesome it's just what it needed and it's just how I pictured it, now this shot is an event and I can see a lot of people doing high fives when they get it. great job guys looks unreal. Thank you.

#2645 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Per Eric in the stream today, games are shipping with 2 cliffy protectors...

They may be protectors, but they aren’t real Cliffys. Hopefully they hold up.

Junky

#2646 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

They may be protectors, but they aren’t real Cliffys. Hopefully they hold up.

They are more like mantis protectors. If you look at all the scoops and holes, they don’t have a sharp clear edge. I guess that will help with wear.

#2647 5 years ago

My only gripe with the game, and that is a small one. It never holds the ball so you can take a breather. At that speed I think I need it

#2648 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

was this the thread the cartwheel was on?

Check the "Key Post Index" at the top of the page. There's a link to it.

#2649 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Eric did not say games are shipping with Cliffies on that livestream. He said they're shipping with protectors. Looks like JJP made a Mantis-style protector that is a steel ring on the inside of the holes, but no protection on top. That concerns me given the chipping and cracking on the playfield around the holes Dialed In had right off the bat. I would have been happier with the extra protection of a cliffy on the surface around the holes and inside, but we'll have to see...

#2650 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

They are more like mantis protectors. If you look at all the scoops and holes, they don’t have a sharp clear edge. I guess that will help with wear.

I may be mis-remembering, but I seem to remember Cliff telling me at a show or something that beveled edges are actually worse. I'll have to remember to ask him next time I order something...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.