Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 67.
#2551 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I didn't see a topper with this. I think we were supposed to get one?

Totally my bad. In my extreme haste to get the game unboxed and playable, I set the topper aside. I will put it on first thing in the morning. Sorry for the confusion!

#2552 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

The game is very cool with features I've never played before. I talked to Eric in length at Texas and he, along with my distributor made this an easy purchase for me. We actually bought 4 for my route. I'm thrilled to support a great group of guys.
Hope you come back to this game Ice. It is unlike any other game in my collection.

I'm sure i will! I really like everything about it. Glad you guys are loving it and can't wait see more gameplay.

#2553 1 year ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Email an address! I really appreciate everything from everyone and am looking for ways to express my gratitude.

Cheers,
Chris

I'm just messing with you.

Your gratitude is more than enough. Enjoy the game. Call me if you ever should need help.

LTG : )

#2554 1 year ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Email an address! I really appreciate everything from everyone and am looking for ways to express my gratitude.
Cheers,
Chris

EVERYONE?

#2555 1 year ago

Beer and pinball is there a better combination.

#2556 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure i will! I really like everything about it. Glad you guys are loving it and can't wait see more gameplay.

Thanks Ice, we are looking at streaming Sunday. Stay tuned!

#2558 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Beer and pinball is there a better combination.

Not in my estimation! =)

#2559 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm just messing with you.
Your gratitude is more than enough. Enjoy the game. Call me if you ever should need help.

We need help drinking this beer, you available?

#2560 1 year ago

Eric, it's only right that you share pics of you enjoying the bevy whilst playing POTC!

#2561 1 year ago

Prototype to final Differences:
So far I spot:

(Besides the obvious Spinning Disc)

1) Subway is now Metal Vs Plastic
2) We get full Length playfield support rails again ( like on Hobbit and Woz)

07DCB12F-0D86-4D09-B176-95FA584BB64C (resized).jpegA56DAE49-FCB6-439F-AE9E-6B179910E831 (resized).jpegEB2F6B5E-16A5-47B8-BEC3-246EAA4B815D (resized).jpeg

#2562 1 year ago

I love and appreciate the pictures but I would be playing that thing NON-STOP if I had it right now!

#2563 1 year ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Prototype to final Differences:
So far I spot:
(Besides the obvious Spinning Disc)
1) Subway is now Metal Vs Plastic
2) We get full Length playfield support rails again ( like on Hobbit and Woz)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing that. Cool to see the differences.

#2564 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Thanks for sharing that. Cool to see the differences.

You notice anything different with the video content or music?

I kind of got the impression that there were some hidden surprises to be found in the game when the first machines were unboxed.

#2565 1 year ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

We get full Length playfield support rails again ( like on Hobbit and Woz)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love the full length support rails they give you such confidence when you are working on or cleaning the Playfield. unlike the pegs you find on some pins.

#2566 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You notice anything different with the video content or music?
I kind of got the impression that there were some hidden surprises to be found in the game when the first machines were unboxed.

Our resident pinball pro will be better to speak of that. I can shot and play with the best of them. The rules guys tend to not be as skilled as me but win based on knowing all the stuff your talking about better than me. =)

#2567 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I love the full length support rails they give you such confidence when you are working on or cleaning the Playfield. unlike the pegs you find on some pins.

There is no question the word "robust" comes to mind when you put this unit into the service position. There is nothing that feels cheap or flimsy on this game. No doubt the overall build quality is there and there was a definite standard that was met on this game. Good on JJP for putting a complete package together.

#2568 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I love and appreciate the pictures but I would be playing that thing NON-STOP if I had it right now!

When I read this at a traffic light I was tempted to take a turn to 376 west and blow off my day to head to Helicon. Unfortunately for me, every day my daughters feet grow. =)

#2569 1 year ago

Can anyone tell us if it shipped with Liar's Dice video mode.

#2570 1 year ago

After reading all of this I need to play some pinball...

#2571 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

We need help drinking this beer, you available?

Not for beer. I'm here for almost twelve hours should you need tech support.

#2572 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Can anyone tell us if it shipped with Liar's Dice video mode.

chrisb?

#2573 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not for beer. I'm here for almost twelve hours should you need tech support.

After 12 hours is up?

#2574 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

After 12 hours is up?

Sadly, I'm too far away to make it. I'm in Minnesota.

Thank you for thinking of me.

#2575 1 year ago

Not sure about the video mode, but I do see this when choosing a character.

20180818_141318 (resized).jpg
#2576 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Had to cancel my CE.
Congrats on shipping though. I’ll wait until next yr to decide if I will go back in on CE after they show topper, final art, etc

that ce is just a money grab. i think di ce owners still waiting for their dinner. the only positive is not having depps face in the middle of the playfield on the ce.

#2577 1 year ago

For the price difference, I'm on side of the 'money grab' comment, it's just too much of a spread in $$$, IMO.

That being said, I would love the CE for the artwork; cab, playfield and backglass. As cool as the topper is, I would even pass on that if it meant that I could have the Davy Jones package. I couldn't care less, at this point, for the barnacles (unless they are covering the majority of the hardware).

#2578 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

For the price difference, I'm on side of the 'money grab' comment, it's just too much of a spread in $$$, IMO.
That being said, I would love the CE for the artwork; cab, playfield and backglass. As cool as the topper is, I would even pass on that if it meant that I could have the Davy Jones package. I couldn't care less, at this point, for the barnacles (unless they are covering the majority of the hardware).

I dont know what the difference are from the collector model minus I was told you get a topper that is interactive with the game in some manner.

I use these games to put on location so I could be justify that for my route. We agreed to purchase 4 games initially and we do a 6 month evaluation on earnings before we will potentially buy more.

All that said if I were anywhere near retirement, I would buy the CE for my house if I like the look of it more. The playfield referenced above is enough reason for me to buy the CE for my personal use. Haha. Nothing against Johnny. The CE just looks cooler.

No matter what version you buy, your certainly getting a game back with features and innovation not seen in a machine of recent history.

#2579 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

No matter what version you buy, your certainly getting a game back with features and innovation not seen in a machine of recent history.

This has been the overwhelming response from folks playing the game so far. The people playing this game at the brewery span a wide range: from quite a few players ranked in the top 100 in the world to people who are playing pinball for the first time. Children and adults. Across the board, everyone enjoys this game.

#2580 1 year ago
Quoted from chrisb:

This has been the overwhelming response from folks playing the game so far. The people playing this game at the brewery span a wide range: from quite a few players ranked in the top 100 in the world to people who are playing pinball for the first time. Children and adults. Across the board, everyone enjoys this game.

Yes that is also what I've seen. The kids didn't want to leave yesterday. It's a great feeling providing something that the community loves! Thanks chrisb!

#2581 1 year ago

How often is the shaker going, modes, bumpers, starting multi ball?

#2582 1 year ago
Quoted from heni1977:

How often is the shaker going, modes, bumpers, starting multi ball?

Hard to say as I don't know the rules well yet. Maybe someone on pinside that comes to Helicon could explain better.

#2583 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I dont know what the difference are from the collector model minus I was told you get a topper that is interactive with the game in some manner.

The collector edition gets the big bottle with a ship in it. As I recall the waves move, ship moves, and lightening. No idea what the final version will all do.

#2584 1 year ago

I know this is just personal preference and subjective but the CE just doesn’t look as sharp as the LE.

The topper on the other hand may be the best ever made!

#2585 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

The collector edition gets the big bottle with a ship in it. As I recall the waves move, ship moves, and lightening. No idea what the final version will all do.

Is this reveal then buy or did you have to order it prior to seeing it?

#2586 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Is this reveal then buy or did you have to order it prior to seeing it?

It only comes with the CE model. Nothing to order or buy.

#2587 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

It only comes with the CE model. Nothing to order or buy.

I understand that. Has it been shown?

#2588 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I understand that. Has it been shown?

Yes, at several shows, like Expo last year.

I've dug around and haven't found a picture yet.

#2590 1 year ago

I see it now. Wow thanks Llyod.

#2591 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

This was taken by our tech to confirm it's all good. We have an unboxing video

If you can could you put up a link to your unboxing video when it goes up that would be really great thanks.

#2592 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you can could you put up a link to your unboxing video when it goes up that would be really great thanks.

You got it

#2593 1 year ago

Excellent -thank you.

#2594 1 year ago

Do you have an opinion about the ship on the playfield? it looks like the movement of the boat are minus than the prototype version..
Can you confirm it?
Regards

#2595 1 year ago

I’m a CE purchaser.Why does anybody who buys a CE or a Stern LE always has to wait awhile until the game gets built? We definitely pay more and in most cases pre-order before anyone else but we still don’t get our games first

#2596 1 year ago

because games on route sell more games...

#2597 1 year ago
Quoted from bmegar:

I’m a CE purchaser.Why does anybody who buys a CE or a Stern LE always has to wait awhile until the game gets built? We definitely pay more and in most cases pre-order before anyone else but we still don’t get our games first

I for one would like to wait if i had that much money in the game.
Let them sort out all the small problems that pop up first.

#2598 1 year ago
Quoted from bmegar:

Jack said to me they make the first batch of the other two just to make sure everything is sorted out before they make the Collectors editions just like Axl said.

#2599 1 year ago
Quoted from fifou313:

Do you have an opinion about the ship on the playfield? it looks like the movement of the boat are minus than the prototype version..
Can you confirm it?
Regards

question i ask myself although, do the ship rock from left to center to right and vice versa or just center right center right and go on ?

#2600 1 year ago
Quoted from bmegar:

Stern usually produces LEs early in the production cycle.

I much prefer the JJP approach where the CEs are produced later in the cycle after all the little production changes/improvements are figured out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside