IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 67.
#2401 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I got the answer to the question from JJP today. They ARE using some protector they designed, they are NOT using any Cliffy protectors on jjPotC. I just hope they're not the terrible thick style protectors they made from scratch for Dialed In that sucked. Guess we'll have to wait and see if they pull it off given their bad protector track record, but this another piece of bad news about jjPotC IMO.

That's great to hear they are using some type of protector. They should be given a chance to make things right before its considered bad news.

#2402 5 years ago

I missed the last POTC stream but caught the beginning of this weeks. I noticed a bunch of new Gibbs callouts. There were callouts for the specific characters remaining in a mode and I think for those collected as well, that helped make the chapter modes feel a bit more immersive. Very cool stuff.

#2403 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great to hear they are using some type of protector. They should be given a chance to make things right before its considered bad news.

Hoping they do better than the 8 months wasted on Dialed In re-inventing the wheel badly as playfields were screwed up. Not encouraged, but I'll reserve judgment until I see how it works out.

#2404 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hoping they do better than the 8 months wasted on Dialed In re-inventing the wheel badly as playfields were screwed up. Not encouraged, but I'll reserve judgment until I see how it works out.

Sounds like you've already passed judgment in the 12 posts you've made about it. JJP makes the highest quality pinball machines. I think they can figure out how to press small pieces of metal. To quote our new friend Bobby M, "pinball isn't hard." You can bet the QC will have been double and triple checked after what happened with Dialed In. Let's see it first and quit talking about this.

#2405 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno why you have such a bee in your bonnet about it. They screwed up their first try, then used Cliffy's product as standard. That would tend to suggest lesson learned.

It's not particularly hard or even particular to Cliffy - Mantis and at least a couple of suppliers in EU all make good ones too. Just needs some work and trial and error.

I highly doubt they mess it up a second time, and spinning this as bad news seems ludicrous.

#2406 5 years ago

As far as code not being finished that was a change after the Hobbit. I think they will aim to launch all games with the code at 80-90% to avoid the community backlash like Hobbit had. Hobbit felt about 60-70% until recently but a few subtle tweaks have really opened things up to the point where it's nearly considered done.

#2407 5 years ago

I am done with the humbug about POTC! I will just wait for my first NIB pin and that NIB smell. As this will be my only NIB I ever buy!
They have done a great job and POTC will stand out as a great pin for years to come! It was unfortunate about the changes but they came up with some cool effects for it. The code is awesome minus a vid for the sinking ship!
Lets wait to get our pins and then we can discuss more about what adjustments, fixes, code work, then. Who is starting a POTC fix it thread? LOL

#2408 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I am done with the humbug about POTC! I will just wait for my first NIB pin and that NIB smell. As this will be my only NIB I ever buy!
They have done a great job and POTC will stand out as a great pin for years to come! It was unfortunate about the changes but they came up with some cool effects for it. The code is awesome minus a vid for the sinking ship!
Lets wait to get our pins and then we can discuss more about what adjustments, fixes, code work, then. Who is starting a POTC fix it thread? LOL

Wow congrats you went Big on your first NIB! Going to be hard to top this experience but Know that the experience can get addictive! lol

#2409 5 years ago

Yea, I waited for awhile before my NIB purchase. I almost went with ST LE but I did not have the funds at the time. When I saw POTC at the reveal and played it, I knew that this one had to be it!
Although I was sad to see the change on the spinning disk, I would rather have a functioning pin, then something I have to work on a lot. I already have two of those space station and F-14,

#2410 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I think they can figure out how to press small pieces of metal.

Quoted from Zavadoza:

You can bet the QC will have been double and triple checked after what happened with Dialed In.

These statements are exact opposites. Not hard/screwed up self-designed Dialed In protector (so hard).

Quoted from Zavadoza:

Let's see it first and quit talking about this.

That's where I left it when I reported what's been done. We're in wait-and-see mode now.

#2411 5 years ago

For the love of God, Jack PLEASE start shipping!

#2412 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

These statements are exact opposites. Not hard/screwed up self-designed Dialed In protector (so hard).

That's where I left it when I reported what's been done. We're in wait-and-see mode now.

You left it there after griping about it. They are not opposite statements. That's like saying the first time you did something is the way you will always do it and never improve.

I'll leave it at that.

#2413 5 years ago

With the POTC finally into production its time to Raise a flag with the "Pirates Ahoy Flag" Mod!! A ship with black sails pirated by the dead needs to show her colors. This simple yet perfectly scaled flag lets you know pirates be near. Flag double printed in fabric to sway with the rocking motion of the ship. Authentic wood pole with deck wood grain finish mounting base for simple installation without permanent modification. Raise the flag and be warned that pirates is almost hear! Availability and additional info check out www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

POTC_1 (resized).jpgPOTC_1 (resized).jpgPOTC_2 (resized).pngPOTC_2 (resized).pngPOTC_3 (resized).jpgPOTC_3 (resized).jpg
#2414 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

With the POTC finally into production its time to Raise a flag with the "Pirates Ahoy Flag" Mod!! A ship with black sails pirated by the dead needs to show her colors. This simple yet perfectly scaled flag lets you know pirates be near. Flag double printed in fabric to sway with the rocking motion of the ship. Authentic wood pole with deck wood grain finish mounting base for simple installation without permanent modification. Raise the flag and be warned that pirates is almost hear! Availability and additional info check out www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

mod couple is killing it. Ill be in touch soon. Ive gotta have all of this!

#2415 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I was too distracted by Jack laughing and my wife jumping up and down to tell you the truth. I think there was some acknowledgement on-screen, not sure if there was an associated video or not. I know ... I let you down on that one. We just had too good of a time I guess. If not there now, I would expect that they will do something in future releases. Jack was proud of Keith and the coding team that it will be shipped with "complete" code and made a point to mention that. They always add some finishing touches later. It seems that they listen to good ideas for tweaks, and that seems like one of them that most of their customer base agrees with, so if they can (with licensing permissions), I'm sure they will.

So any chance the finsl version included "A Pirates Life For Me" as part of the music? I just can't see how a POTC themed pin would not include that. It is like making an Indiana Jones game without the Raiders theme song.

#2416 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So any chance the finsl version included "A Pirates Life For Me" as part of the music? I just can't see how a POTC themed pin would not include that. It is like making an Indiana Jones game without the Raiders theme song.

. . . or Batman 66 without the Batman theme song. JJP’s website does show the game with the tag line “Pirates Life for You” so hoping the song makes it in there eventually maybe as part of attract mode or something. That shouldn’t interfere with any of the awesome work that David has done with the rest of the music.

#2417 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

. . . or Batman 66 without the Batman theme song. JJP’s website does show the game with the tag line “Pirates Life for You” so hoping the song makes it in there eventually maybe as part of attract mode or something. That shouldn’t interfere with any of the awesome work that David has done with the rest of the music.

You hit the nail on the head. Exactly what I was thinking attract mode and definitely game over song from the top.i don’t even remember hearing a game over song and if there is, not memorable so this would be the ultimate!

#2418 5 years ago

Just got to the OBX for our family vacation and am enjoying some Blackbeard’s Booty thinking about POTC!

Anyone going to be a Flippers in Currituck this week?

0C4E9D1D-5EF9-4F8B-97BD-94B353EEB833 (resized).jpeg0C4E9D1D-5EF9-4F8B-97BD-94B353EEB833 (resized).jpeg
#2419 5 years ago

What if the software Team added the ability to upload an MP3 to the pin and owners can put a little something of their own liking into it.

This could play during attract mode or at the end of the game etc... They could even restrict it to play only when in freeplay mode so that operators can't use it on location. I'm open to options!

I have this ability and much more with the Pinsound that I have been adding to my collection; 7 to date I believe and it is amazing! Come on JJP, throw us a bone here (this can be on a wish list for after the pin ships of course)

#2420 5 years ago

Just watched the latest stream and I could be wrong but the disc looks like it might have issues because I didn't see it spin once in almost an hour of gameplay.

#2421 5 years ago

Saw Keith get treasure hoard it would be nice to know how long you have in it and where the jackpot shot is.

#2422 5 years ago

Joe got special and they showed the ship being blowing up footage .I know I've said it before but I still think that should be used for the cannon shot.

#2423 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Not in the modes that we played. It was the same as the streams, except better by actually playing it ourselves ... we are not as good of players though. Still worth the detour of 360 miles each way on our way home from Replay Fx.

#2424 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Joe got special and they showed the ship being blowing up footage .I know I've said it before but I still think that should be used for the cannon shot.

I asked specifically during one of the streams and Eric said they were actually discussing adding something for this.

So I would say it is more than rumor we will get something for blowing up the ship.

There are other scenes available through the series that can be used. Wouldn’t want the same as the special award.

Anything here would be better than nothing, she be an exciting event from the main toy! Should be choreographed with the sound of cannons firing and explosions if a hit is made.

Not sure there is even any sounds when this happens.

#2425 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just watched the latest stream and I could be wrong but the disc looks like it might have issues because I didn't see it spin once in almost an hour of gameplay.

Interesting - I watched twice and can’t even recall.

Now I have to watch a third time! Lol

#2426 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I asked specifically during one of the streams and Eric said they were actually discussing adding something for this.
So I would say it is more than rumor we will get something for blowing up the ship.
There are other scenes available through the series that can be used. Wouldn’t want the same as the special award.
Anything here would be better than nothing, she be an exciting event from the main toy! Should be choreographed with the sound of cannons firing and explosions if a hit is made.
Not sure there is even any sounds when this happens.

I saw someone asked about liars dice did you see a response

#2427 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I saw someone asked about liars dice did you see a response

That was me doing the asking....Eric said there would be more about that coming on the next stream.

#2428 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

That was me doing the asking....Eric said there would be more about that coming on the next stream.

I think Keith mentioned on the stream it’s coming

#2429 5 years ago

Anyone know why in the last stream the spinning disc wasnt functioning?
Also didnt see the 2nd spinning pop bumper working either ( not the pirate one)
Has this feature been removed?

#2430 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

No. They are using the same game as in recent twitch feeds, note the dirty flipper rubber rings. Since they are constantly updating software for the games and these feeds, I suspect they are working on timing or speed for these, and aren't used in the recent feed we watched.

LTG : )

#2431 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Anyone know why in the last stream the spinning disc wasnt functioning?
Also didnt see the 2nd spinning pop bumper working either ( not the pirate one)

Whoops, my bad. I accidentally unplugged the motor for the big disk right before the stream when I was testing something, and forgot to plug it back in. It's definitely still in the game! The spinning table is in there too, just had a loose wire. All fixed now!

Cheers,

Eric

#2432 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Whoops, my bad. I accidentally unplugged the motor for the big disk right before the stream when I was testing something, and forgot to plug it back in. It's definitely still in the game! The spinning table is in there too, just had a loose wire. All fixed now!
Cheers,
Eric

Haha....way to go Eric. A weeks worth of conspiracy theories to sift thru on this thread.
Just for fun, how about you unplug the upper playfield ship for this week’s stream? Haha....I’m just kidding man!
Thanks for all your hard work, I’m looking forward to this weeks stream, and shipping of this masterpiece!

#2434 5 years ago

It's starting. I talked to Jack today and he's getting me a game for tech support and asked if I'd do a launch party. Within the next two/three weeks.

#2435 5 years ago

No offense but one thing i won't be doing is wasting a bunch $$$ on mods after paying for a JJP pin.

#2436 5 years ago

JJP pins are loaded already with cool stuff, but mods like mirror blades, lighted flipper buttons and pingulps are mandatory for me. The lighted winkie target and witch smoke mod were money well spent on WOZ, and I’m looking forward to must have mods for pirates.

#2437 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's starting. I talked to Jack today and he's getting me a game for tech support and asked if I'd do a launch party. Within the next two/three weeks.

Thanks for sharing Lloyd!

#2438 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No offense but one thing i won't be doing is wasting a bunch $$$ on mods after paying for a JJP pin.

Most mods are just an unnecessary spend of $$$ although I do like to see what others are doing.

I was looking around for TAF stuff and saw a market place or ebay ad for the 5 copper looking pieces which someone added a few LEDs to and the asking price was over $500! (USD) WTF!?

#2439 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ask Rudysoup to come and stream it. Think he lives 20 minutes from you.

#2440 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

lighted flipper buttons and pingulps are mandatory for me

Me too! I like the look of lighted flipper buttons. And the lighted shooter housing to go along with it!!

#2441 5 years ago

Got the call -- my JJPOTC is on the line!

#2442 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

What number are you? I'm trying to figure out where I'm at. =)

#2443 5 years ago

I want to see some video of these things being born!

#2444 5 years ago

Got my invoice yesterday for payment so hopefully any day now!

I’m excited!☠️

#2445 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I want to see some video of these things being born!

I'm waiting on the cartwheel.

#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

What number are you? I'm trying to figure out where I'm at. =)

ummmm 2 or 3?

#2447 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Quoted from Psw757:

Got my invoice yesterday for payment so hopefully any day now!
I’m excited!☠️

IMG_0492.GIFIMG_0492.GIFIMG_0493.GIFIMG_0493.GIFIMG_0494.GIFIMG_0494.GIFIMG_0495.GIFIMG_0495.GIF
#2448 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm waiting on the cartwheel.

Jack and Eric!

#2449 5 years ago

They should be required to have a few Dark n Stormys first before doing cartwheels - pirate style!☠️

#2450 5 years ago

Good to hear but no sign of the CE's the wait continues.. has anyone got any close up pictures of the Playfield with the clear ramps and the other little tweaks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.