IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 67.
#2301 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Trunk lid in rear of the game is fixed open. Spinning discs replaced with one spinning disc.
Trunk from three feet away when you are playing it, you wouldn't see anyway. The spinning discs are now on the big screen in the head, doing what they would have been doing. And the single disc does a way better job at slinging the ball.
So a lot more was in fact added.
LTG : )

Hell ya brother!

#2302 5 years ago

Question. Sorry if I missed this answer but did the art work around the spinner stay the same as it was before when they took the 3 spinning disk out?

#2303 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Question. Sorry if I missed this answer but did the art work around the spinner stay the same as it was before when they took the 3 spinning disk out?

Check out post 2251 . Pictures.

#2304 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

About a Thousand team hours of amazing code and total game reliability.

Word. Big ups to all the JJP crew and especially Jack and Eric for their tireless devotion to the craft.

#2305 5 years ago

is anybody doing cartwheels yet?

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#2306 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

is anybody doing cartwheels yet?

Should be soon. Hoping for a double. Jack and Eric.

#2307 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Should be soon. Hoping for a double. Jack and Eric.

Ha Jack and Eric should stand back to back while someone ties each arm and leg together. Then they could do some real somersaults.

#2308 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Ha Jack and Eric should stand back to back while someone ties each arm and leg together. Then they could do some real somersaults.

Let's not kill anybody. We need them. More games coming.

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from May:

No picture yet of the clear plastic ramps?

I noticed yesterday that you get a decent look at it on the pic of Eric playing. Looks good imo.

Screenshot_20180728-201658_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180728-201658_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2310 5 years ago

I’m definitely good for a double....been warming up!

#2311 5 years ago

Guess which one is me?

IMG_0481.GIFIMG_0481.GIFIMG_0482.GIFIMG_0482.GIFIMG_0483.GIFIMG_0483.GIF
#2312 5 years ago

Guess which one is me?

The one with the furry jammies.

#2313 5 years ago

Guess which one is me?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm gonna say the top one (panda) as that looks the most fun. The middle one is probably Eric Hogbog as it looks like something he could actually do lol. And the last one is everyone who bailed out of their preorder.

#2314 5 years ago

I assumed just the lead up ramps were going to be clear but the whole Maelstrom bowl is clear like creature and white water.I wonder if liars dice video mode will be ready when they ship or if that will come in a later update.

#2315 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Trunk lid in rear of the game is fixed open. Spinning discs replaced with one spinning disc.
Trunk from three feet away when you are playing it, you wouldn't see anyway. The spinning discs are now on the big screen in the head, doing what they would have been doing. And the single disc does a way better job at slinging the ball.
So a lot more was in fact added.

God bless that glass half full attitude. More folks should have it.

#2316 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It looks different .. but this bad story with the pizza in the middle was my reason to get my deposit back!
So maybe my opinion will change after I saw the final playfield live. The gameplay on a proto was great !
Are the machines becoming cheaper due the 2 missing toys ? ... Just joking ....

#2317 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

God bless that glass half full attitude. More folks should have it.

Many JJP games have been changed from original concept. Big deals? Yes, but the changes were needed and took place. Time spent worrying about any of them now is crying over spilt milk. No amount of tears will change them back to their previous glory. For instance ...

WOZ serial lighting either broke or left Owners worried it soon would. That was a poor design choice by JJP and was covered under warranty for many, yet others had to shell $800 out of pocket to buy an upgraded boardset.

TH switched from direct print cabinets to high res decals because of vendor issues. But the decals were beautifully done and buyers were offered a choice to switch to alternate Smaug edition with decals.

POTC removed 2 discs from playfield while adding three to the LCD (so technically you gain one while losing the wow factor). The moving trunk lid was cut too (a small deal). Both were poorly designed and had to be removed because they were unreliable.

DI is the single game that didn't receive a major adjustment of some sort. The original poor title and theming choice were never corrected, even after public outcry and suggestions were offered. Ironically, JJP took no action in that instance and it has negatively impacted DI sales.

So yeah, changes happen and we should always remember them, but as POTC stands - it is looking pretty good. The single biggest complaint is a steep price tag and complaints about that fell on deaf ears to. Ha, you want something more? Here's your big price increase ... BAM!
IMG_0484.GIFIMG_0484.GIF

#2318 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I assumed just the lead up ramps were going to be clear but the whole Maelstrom bowl is clear like creature and white water.I wonder if liars dice video mode will be ready when they ship or if that will come in a later update.

Is it me or do the side walls of ramp only look clear and the ramp surface and bowl look frosted?

I forgot about the liars dice mode, hope they got it done. In the last stream Eric mentions polish and visual enhancements were added and see if we notice but nothing stood out from previous.

I also hope they added the animation on display for firing cannon at ship like they mentioned they were discussing.

#2319 5 years ago

I have one wish for JJP. Be that LEGENDARY pinball company where EVERY game made is SPECTACULAR, has the BEST rules/software/coding possible and incorporates new technology and TOYS.

#2320 5 years ago

I have one wish for JJP. Be that LEGENDARY pinball company where EVERY game made is SPECTACULAR, has the BEST rules/software/coding possible and incorporates new technology and TOYS.
(have been enjoying recent attention given to TH code and the changes. Three requested rule changes and final punch list are the only things keeping TH from self launching into deep space imo. I'd nominate TH for Most Improved Game category in the 2018 TWIPPY's

I’m not ready to give TH a trophy for that yet.
Let’s see what Stern does with the pending GB and AS code updates, will likely reinvigorate these titles.

#2321 5 years ago

JJP guys.
I was at California Extreme yesterday in Santa Clara. Great show. However, I was really hoping that I would get to play a completed production version of Pirates with all of the latest updates. I’m surprised that you didn’t even bring one. I think this was a big missed opportunity for you guys to show the completed pin to prospective buyers like me. You brought a prototype to Golden State earlier this year and I liked it but you’ve made some big changes since then. Bummer...

On another note, JJP games were almost completely absent from the show. One DI and one TH (there was another locked up in the tournament room too). Not a single WOZ to be found. Surprising

#2322 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

JJP guys.
I was at California Extreme yesterday in Santa Clara. Great show. However, I was really hoping that I would get to play a completed production version of Pirates with all of the latest updates. I’m surprised that you didn’t even bring one. I think this was a big missed opportunity for you guys to show the completed pin to perspective buyers like me. You brought a prototype to Golden State earlier this year and I liked it but you’ve made some big changes since then. Bummer...
On another note, JJP games were almost completely absent from the show. One DI and one TH (there was another locked up in the tournament room too). Not a single WOZ to be found. Surprising

A little perspective, for a prospective buyer: The first game rolled off the line two days ago, so distributors don't have one yet. The only gameplay changes are an improvement on how the ball is affected by the spinning disc and even better code. Whatever version you played should be enough to make you want it.

#2323 5 years ago

Cali is a long way from Jersey. All their games were at Lodi

#2324 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Cali is a long way from Jersey. All their games were at Lodi

I hear ya.
Since they brought a prototype to Lodi I would think they would bring a completed one to Santa Clara too

#2325 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

....Whatever version you played should be enough to make you want it.

Your opinion, and I disagree.
Before spending $9500 I want to see the completed polished game.

#2326 5 years ago

Your opinion, and I disagree.

Then wait a little bit and play a production version. You're acting like it's a completely different game. If you're honestly that close to not getting it, just don't. It's not like it's going to be a totally different experience than the prototype.

Watch the many JJP twitch streams if you want to see the newest code. They are better players than most, so you actually get to see it more than if you played it yourself.

Not trying to get at you, but it's unreasonable to expect to play a production game 3,000 miles from the factory, 2 days after the first unit rolled off the line.

#2327 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

So maybe my opinion will change after I saw the final playfield live.

That's fair. Some games do look better in person than in pictures or video. Hopefully you can play it too, before you decide.

#2328 5 years ago

Since they brought a prototype to Lodi I would think they would bring a completed one to Santa Clara too

There wasn't one available. Construction just started this past Thursday. It will take a bit to get completed games where everybody wants them.

Agreed. $9500 is an investment in what you want in a pinball machine. I hope you get to see and play one soon so you can decide.

#2329 5 years ago

here's some random thoughts on JJPOTC. I don't buy into the hogwash hype is dead band wagon folks. Ive been around a bit and am a fairly good player; and while I've only played a test version of the game (about 50 games), I think this game is the best pin ive played. There are a few nuisances that detract me like the Chest lock (oh wait thats fixed) and the spinning disk not working (oh wait thats fixed) but the game, layout, software, rules, and amount of depth that went into this game as a whole is over the top best ive seen or played in any pin. Now I will say if you're a mode based type player, this pin may not be for you - the chapters are chapter scoring opportunities, not modes. Notice how they always refer to them as chapters (not modes) in the streams? So Being a player more than a collector, this is how I feel about JJPOTC - and I think gameplay, code, rules trump the rest of the aspects in games. Yes, the price of admission is very high - but if that's the case, do like most of us homeowners do and wait it out a bit and see how the tides fall. Just my 2 cents with my random thought of the day.

#2330 5 years ago

Great pin!

1D5F6B63-1C7E-46D3-8A25-346A1B7ADB07.jpeg1D5F6B63-1C7E-46D3-8A25-346A1B7ADB07.jpegA87F4D85-7A3D-46F7-92F8-B2D63D7A3D1D.jpegA87F4D85-7A3D-46F7-92F8-B2D63D7A3D1D.jpeg
#2331 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I noticed yesterday that you get a decent look at it on the pic of Eric playing. Looks good imo.
[quoted image]

Some ramp pics.

11A300F9-AF54-4A57-955C-9BAD31C3D99E (resized).jpeg11A300F9-AF54-4A57-955C-9BAD31C3D99E (resized).jpeg5E431C77-B872-44C1-A0F9-87D8FC6D4A4A (resized).jpeg5E431C77-B872-44C1-A0F9-87D8FC6D4A4A (resized).jpeg68A5E509-6A74-4957-ABB2-FE737AE35EFA (resized).jpeg68A5E509-6A74-4957-ABB2-FE737AE35EFA (resized).jpeg
#2332 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Some ramp pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is the first pic of maelstrom ramp the new production version?

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is the first pic of maelstrom ramp the new production version?

Prototype pic.

#2334 5 years ago

What do people think of the sky blue side rails , are they for the LE or Standard version.

#2335 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What do people think of the sky blue side rails , are they for the LE or Standard version.

Funny! Lol

#2336 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think that is tape . The LE should be black. CE should be green Davis Jones. Standard should be metal.

All speculation from me.

#2337 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Prototype pic.

The chest looks broken/crooked

#2338 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The chest looks broken/crooked

Could be the photo angle I am not a pro photographer.

It does have a slight pitch to to left for locked balls. Works great.

Amazing game.

#2339 5 years ago

Now I wish I was joking .I didn't think of the protective tape stupid me, thanks guys.

#2340 5 years ago

Getting real close.

#2341 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Now I wish I was joking .I didn't think of the protective tape stupid me, thanks guys.

Honest mistake.

I have been glued to the Spooky ACNC thread and updates and in their most recent pics of assembly there is no visible tape, it just appears that the work is done without 'protection'. On the blue powder coat rails, it appears. I do hope that there is something on there, like JJP's POTC.

#2342 5 years ago

anyone have any idea if JJP will sell side art blades for POTC? Have they done that with their other titles?

#2343 5 years ago

Psw757 I would also like to know about hole and edge protectors, a la Cliffy. Does this ship with factory protectors? I am also curious to know if a ring protector will be required for the center spinner.

#2344 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

anyone have any idea if JJP will sell side art blades for POTC? Have they done that with their other titles?

They have not done this with the other titles, and as a distributor, I have not heard anything yet. I would like to see it as an option from the factory, but there is a point where the logistics of "custom" games becomes overwhelming for the amount of manpower needed to make this happen. It is especially difficult when someone orders a custom game (radicals, playfield protector, invisiglass, etc) and then no longer wants the game.

It is easy to say "just make them pay for it," but the reality is that you can not do that without negative effects within the community at large.

I would love to see a "build to order" system in place for JJP, and it will possibly happen one day. Until then, you can be sure that someone will make some side art for this amazing game.

#2345 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Then wait a little bit and play a production version. You're acting like it's a completely different game. If you're honestly that close to not getting it, just don't. It's not like it's going to be a totally different experience than the prototype.
Watch the many JJP twitch streams if you want to see the newest code. They are better players than most, so you actually get to see it more than if you played it yourself.
Not trying to get at you, but it's unreasonable to expect to play a production game 3,000 miles from the factory, 2 days after the first unit rolled off the line.

Yes and No...they had prototype games at many shows so your argument doesn't make a lot of sense (yes I realize they may have been closer to JJP headquarters). JJP/Distributors missed a big opportunity not bringing games to a market that has a lot of disposable income....Im with gamejunky on this one.

#2346 5 years ago

I just ordered a set of 6, slot switch protectors for my JJPOTC.
Cliff informed me via email that he hasn't heard anything from Jack about protectors for JJPOTC. Probably going to need more time.

#2347 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I just ordered a set of 6, slot switch protectors for my JJPOTC.
Cliff informed me via email that he hasn't heard anything from Jack about protectors for JJPOTC. Probably going to need more time.

That's disappointing to hear. You would think after the series of design disasters with Dialed In holes chipping and then the months waiting for an in-house protector design that ultimately was scrapped because it sucked, they would have gotten Cliff a jjPotC playfield in advance so he could help them provide bulletproofed jjPotC machines from the factory, just like Dialed In is now. Moving to have his protectors installed from the factory on Dialed In was one of the best things they ever did for their customers. I thought they were going to continue doing that moving forward with new pins.

Hopefully they are and they're just behind due to the crazy production challenges this year for that machine.

#2348 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's disappointing to hear. You would think after the series of design disasters with Dialed In holes chipping and then the months waitinf for an in-house protector design that sucked and was ultimately scrapped, they would have gotten Cliff a jjPotC playfield in advance so he could bulletproof jjPotC from the factory, too. Moving to have his protectors installed from the factory was one of the best things they ever did for their customers.

I saw in a video Jack said they were going to make their own versions of cliffy protectors is that's not happening now ?

#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I saw in a video Jack said they were going to make their own versions of cliffy protectors is that's not happening now ?

Video for Dialed In or jjPotC? Once playfields started chipping at the SIM hole, they tried making their own on Dialed In protector set and they were terrible (especially the phone one) and they eventually just used Cliff's better designs after just wasting a ton of time and effort for nothing. I thought they learned that lesson and weren't going to try re-inventing the wheel again and wasting a ton of time while playfields in the field chipped.

#2350 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Video for Dialed In or jjPotC? Once playfields started chipping at the SIM hole, they tried making their own on Dialed In protector set and they were terrible (especially the phone one) and they eventually just used Cliff's better designs after just wasting a ton of time and effort for nothing. I thought they learned that lesson and weren't going to try re-inventing the wheel again and wasting a ton of time while playfields in the field chipped.

Yeah. I can’t believe a manufacturer is trying to manufacture stuff. They should totally quit after one go at it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 38.00
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/47?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.