IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 67.
#2201 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just read on JJP's Twitter / Facebook that they are streaming Pirates today

I would rather them say, they are shipping pirates today!!!

#2202 5 years ago

Just watched the latest stream and when you choose what award you want there is "start hurry up "what's that, and why would they make the hole in the ship smaller it's only been hit a hand full of times in all the streams and still waiting for a clip or animation to go with sinking a ship. Changing the ramps- I like the frosted look but would prefer metal maybe there's something behind them you need to see so that's why they're going clear.

#2203 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just watched the latest stream and when you choose what award you want there is "start hurry up "what's that, and why would they make the hole in the ship smaller it's only been hit a hand full of times in all the streams and still waiting for a clip or animation to go with sinking a ship. Changing the ramps- I like the frosted look but would prefer metal maybe there's something behind them you need to see so that's why they're going clear.

I asked during stream about animations with ship cannon and they responded with they are considering adding that.

#2204 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

"It's your husband's life or your case of Wonka bars!"
If they get licensing approval to use movie assets such as clips, speech, music, characters, etc. I'm definitely 1000% in. Fancy if Pat was doing the design, you can see the tagline now... the Willy Wonka of pinball designing Willy Wonka!! This could be the spiritual successor to WOZ, chocolate factory under the glass, lick-able radcals, etc.
Ok now back to Pirates
edit: my avatar has been like that for years, coincidence?

First games off the line in 2021?

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The Chicago office is proud of the work they have done on programming for POTC and Hobbit, and have been showing it.
LTG : )

If the code progression on the Hobbit is a barometer, they’re probably making great strides on the JJPOTC programming as well. It takes longer than we think it should, but the end product has been very good.

#2206 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I asked during stream about animations with ship cannon and they responded with they are considering adding that.

I sure hope some animations for firing the canon and hitting / destroying a ship are added. Right now the process of firing and shooting ships feels like its lacking a bit of fanfare.

Examples of what could be added.

1. Shooting the canon itself results in a quick canon ball animation going across the screen from right to left matching the direction of the ball as its fired towards the Dauntless. The front of the canon (side view) as an animation could even appear on the LCD once the ball is in canon and rock slightly back and forth matching the movement of the ship.

2. Hitting a ship results in the entire LCD having a glass cracking effect or perhaps the LCD screen changes to that of a ship haul and you see that cracking

3. Destroying the ship see's a clip play from the film of the ship sinking (or animation) along with lightshow

#2207 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I sure hope some animations for firing the canon and hitting / destroying a ship are added. Right now the process of firing and shooting ships feels like its lacking a bit of fanfare.
Examples of what could be added.
1. Shooting the canon itself results in a quick canon ball animation going across the screen from right to left matching the direction of the ball as its fired towards the Dauntless. The front of the canon (side view) as an animation could even appear on the LCD once the ball is in canon and rock slightly back and forth matching the movement of the ship.
2. Hitting a ship results in the entire LCD having a glass cracking effect or perhaps the LCD screen changes to that of a ship haul and you see that cracking
3. Destroying the ship see's a clip play from the film of the ship sinking (or animation) along with lightshow

The direct hit in the hole should have option 3 shown. There is some incredible footage in the movie of the dauntless getting broadsided and plenty where no actors or voices shown/heard. Just cannons firing with explosions and parts flying!

#2208 5 years ago

Looks pretty darn hard to get to the point where you can fire the canon. So def needs to be a reward.

#2209 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The direct hit in the hole should have option 3 shown. There is some incredible footage in the movie of the dauntless getting broadsided and plenty where no actors or voices shown/heard. Just cannons firing with explosions and parts flying!

It should be very simple just use the footage they use for special.

IMG_20180715_144613 (resized).jpgIMG_20180715_144613 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2018-06-23-16-15-15-65 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-06-23-16-15-15-65 (resized).png
#2210 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

LCD screen changes to that of a ship

I really like the idea of the small screen showing footage of the ship blowing up as well so you know you've got it if you don't have time to look up.

#2211 5 years ago

How about ships shooting cannon balls get those scenes after you score 1 hit, but the ship blowing up when you hit a bullseye and sink the dauntless with 3 hits?

#2212 5 years ago

I disagree with those who say the hype around POTC is gone. Let's say some ship in Aug and we start seeing footage by Sep. At that time I will immediately become highly interested in and will be following closely. How closely you ask? Like white on rice! I think most others will too. So it is like the hype is curled up in a cave and hibernating. But once Fall arrives and you poke hype with a stick, he'll be out in full fur.

In the meantime I've watched streams by top players (JJP Software/Designers team). Heck, JJP is even using a single disc pinball machine in their streams now. I've played a handful of games on JJPOTC with earlier code, but after looking at six streams with the most current code (each twice), I watched the rules, features and mb's get programmed in real time. Very cool process but if you can't take the heat .... just wait for it to come out. Don't wast your time watching any more of the streams. All I will say is that if you loved JJPOTC before, you'll worship it now. If you were neutral but interested in getting one before, you'll be excited to add one whenever you can work it out.

Now is time to patiently wait for things to happen. Play some other pins, enjoy the Summer heat and put all things in your life into perspective.

Sometimes the waiting for a new pinball machine to be released is the hardest part - t.p. (r.i.p.)

#2213 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How about ships shooting cannon balls get those scenes after you score 1 hit, but the ship blowing up when you hit a bullseye and sink the dauntless with 3 hits?

Now that is what I’m talking about... would be perfection! Might even need a short ball hold to enjoy that a bit.

#2214 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Now that is what I’m talking about... would be perfection! Might even need a short ball hold to enjoy that a bit.

I can't believe when you asked them about it they said they were" considering" it it's a no brainer it has to be done and they are obviously allowed to use the footage the game needs more atmosphere as it is

#2215 5 years ago

Is the cannon shot Pirates SIM card shot? Doesn't seem like it's made much.

#2216 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is the cannon shot Pirates SIM card shot? Doesn't seem like it's made much.

No. The SIM card is for multipliers after completing modes. The cannon shot is to get 3 points to start movie 1 multi-ball.

#2217 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

No. The SIM card is for multipliers after completing modes. The cannon shot is to get 3 points to start movie 1 multi-ball.

I meant make-ability(sp) of the shot.

#2218 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:Deleted post

Why are you here?

#2219 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I made the shot about 50% of the time to sink the ship, while on DI I hardly ever make it from the upper flipper. So for me it is easier but ... I read somewhere recently that in the production model the hole for sinking the ship would be smaller. That could just be a rumor that someone started and posted and I'm just stating it as no one else has responded on the make-ability (a possible false rumor on that change ???).

#2220 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:Deleted post

The JJP Software is the software guys in Chicago. The other JJP is the NJ Factory. Two different places, two different news sources and two different announcements.

#2221 5 years ago

Email from PinballStar today...

485B5C07-1524-419C-96F5-739C5D5C1BAB (resized).jpeg485B5C07-1524-419C-96F5-739C5D5C1BAB (resized).jpeg
#2222 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Awesome !

Hey Joe, we're going to need a lot of Pirates Totes too !

#2223 5 years ago

Fix the rings and all is forgiven. Internet hype is back.

We can dream at least.

#2224 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Fix the rings and all is forgiven.

Curious, did you play the game with the rings?

#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Awesome !
Hey Joe, we're going to need a lot of Pirates Totes too !

+1

#2226 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The JJP Software is the software guys in Chicago. The other JJP is the NJ Factory. Two different places, two different news sources and two different announcements.

A good way for many to miss out on news

#2227 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Follow the one you want. JJP Software for software updates. JJP for factory/production updates.

#2228 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Chillax, you are on Pinside, nothing will by you.

#2229 5 years ago

Man, I saw all this activity here today and I for sure thought there was an announcement regarding production.

I should have known better!

Soon... that could be days, couple weeks or couple months! All depends on how you define soon, lol.

#2230 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Chillax, you are on Pinside, nothing will by you.

You think "A good way for many to miss out on news" is worked upon Pinside that's funny

#2231 5 years ago

At this point, they need a twitch stream of them actually building this game.

#2232 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

At this point, they need a twitch stream of them actually building this game.

Yep - good idea!

#2233 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

SIM card is not hard to hit. And I have cliffy's on the hole too.

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Wow,there’s a first!

#2235 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Video or it didn't happen..

#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Pro then?

Doubt I will ever achieve showdown because of the luck factor on the sim

#2237 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Absolute LIARAbsolute LIAR

#2238 5 years ago

"It be to late to alter coarse now matie!" Introducing the Pirates "Maelstrom Battle" mod! A custom design and fit mod to highlight the famous pirate battle scene in the Maelstrom. Simple yet highly detail mod to complete the ramps look with a theme set look. Polished and each hand painted to blend perfectly down to the black sails of the Black Pearl. 5 minute installation with everything included and reversible. Translucent design beautifully carries the games amazing light show throughout. Get yours before Calypso takes them all! Available and shipping Now via our website store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks to All for your continued support and interest!!!!

The Mod Couple

MT1 (resized).jpgMT1 (resized).jpgMT2 (resized).jpgMT2 (resized).jpgMT3 (resized).jpgMT3 (resized).jpgMT4 (resized).jpgMT4 (resized).jpgMT5 (resized).jpgMT5 (resized).jpg
#2239 5 years ago

So what’s the word with today’s stream?

Same old shit or something worth seeing?

#2240 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The only thing I took from it is we are So excited to get this dam game it will be worth the wait and also, Keith is a pinball playing Machine!

#2241 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Was just another day for them to hang out and play. Probably will be 2.0 code by the time it ships.

#2242 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

If this is true, it looks like Butch was dead on saying August way back in March. Voice of experience nails it.

#2243 5 years ago

Late notice on streams. I check thread and it says , starting in 15 min. At the time that was 2 hours old.
Little more heads up would be nice.

#2244 5 years ago

@Yelobird, You are fortunate to have such early access to the pin. Great job on all of these mods. Very creative. Keep these coming.

Now, what I want to see are bundles (discounted from individual purchase of course

#2245 5 years ago

Hi Yelobird - could you show a pic of the Maelstrom Battle mod from the players perspective please?

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Hi Yelobird - could you show a pic of the Maelstrom Battle mod from the players perspective please?

Absolutely and thanks for your interest. Granted I had limited time for a photo shoot this photo illustrated a top heavy angle but fair players perspective. We designed it to be further adjustable up and down as we also did not want to loose the view of the ball circling the drain. As a fully transparent mod it Really captures the game lighting and mode effects. We sincerely appreciate everyones interests as this machine is a masterpiece we would be honored to be part of.

The Mod Couple
www.TheModCouplePinball.com

IMG_0361 (resized).jpgIMG_0361 (resized).jpg
#2247 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Why are you here?

I follow Stern and JJP on FB Twitter and Pinside I am sure there are many others that do the same. The fact that my post stating that JJP having two Twitter accounts has been deleted is stupid as well as I am sure there are many that do not know of the second Twitter account and are missing out on news. Deleting the post may keep people in the dark.

#2248 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The fact that my post stating that JJP having two Twitter accounts has been deleted is stupid as well as I am sure there are many that do not know of the second Twitter account and are missing out on news. Deleting the post may keep people in the dark.

Sounds like a cover-up to me, twotwittergate?

#2249 5 years ago

Don't you mean #twotwittergate

#2250 5 years ago

Just watching the latest stream and the cannon firing animation on the small screen is unreal ,really really good, the cannon moving the smoke and the sound is all excellent .now we just need the equivalent on the back screen to show you destroying a ship.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.