IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 67.
#2151 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I predict Willy Wonka will be a huge seller

At $9500 they will never have a huge seller every $500 cost quite a few buyers. They still have not sold out of there money grab model of DI and that run is only 150 games

#2152 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

They still have not sold out of there money grab model of DI and that run is only 150 games

But that's for the extreme collector, is much higher in price than the next model and really doesn't come with anything more in terms of game. I believe JJP sells more LEs than standards even though it is the same game. They know their market, and they know how to price. If this wasn't working for them, they would not be about to launch their 4th pin and actively designing two others.

#2153 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

But that's for the extreme collector, is much higher in price than the next model and really doesn't come with anything more in terms of game. I believe JJP sells more LEs than standards even though it is the same game. They know their market, and they know how to price. If this wasn't working for them, they would not be about to launch their 4th pin and actively designing two others.

With $8000 being JJP lowest price point for his games all are for the extreme collector non-pinheads would find $5300/$5400 for a Stern Pro extreme.

#2154 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JJP can't stay in business pumping out 2-3 games per year. They can't physically do it either.
They aren't set up to produce and ship 1,000 games a month like Stern. Never will be.
There aren't enough buyers for that quantity at the prices JJP charges.
They will be able to produce Woz and DI forever which will always occupy some of the production schedule.
Get into a mode of announcing and shipping 1 game per year and time it so that it matches hype of theme, unlike TH and POTC
If they ever get a HOME RUN theme they could sell those pins forever imo. Harry Potter, James Bond, music themed pin etc.
I predict Willy Wonka will be a huge seller. Maybe not a big as Woz because of how many Woz pins were sold at $6500 but it will be big.
Bring on POTC!

We must not know much about this industry because somehow they’ve kept their doors open this long. Profit margins must be much larger than any of us know or maybe the investors keep investing.

#2155 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

With $8000 being JJP lowest price point for his games all are for the extreme collector non-pinheads would find $5300/$5400 for a Stern Pro extreme.

I wouldn’t consider myself an extreme collector. I only have 4 pins, and 2 are JJP. If I get another, I will sell one to fund it. In that way, it is only an incremental cost to me from here on out.

#2156 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

We must not know much about this industry because somehow they’ve kept their doors open this long. Profit margins must be much larger than any of us know or maybe the investors keep investing.

Yeah its hard to say now. Time does matter. Fixed overhead is the silent killer.

Maybe they are just taking their time because the line is running the other pins, can't afford an idle line.

I'm sure its just getting POTC ready and staged to go on line.

#2157 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I had money down on a mmr but when I compared it to jjp pins it didn't come close in my opinion. With them being so deep I think they would work well in your basement if you like the themes.

Hobbit would be a bigger mistake than MMR. Much.

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hobbit would be a bigger mistake than MMR. Much.

Hobbit every day of the week

#2159 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I wouldn’t consider myself an extreme collector. I only have 4 pins, and 2 are JJP. If I get another, I will sell one to fund it. In that way, it is only an incremental cost to me from here on out.

It is not the number of games you own but the dollars you have put into your hobby that most would find extreme your fellow pinsider would not but others may

#2160 5 years ago

I was watching at World's End on TV last night and they showed when Davy Jones & Will Turner are allowed to come to shore there's a big flash of green light I think it would be a really cool effect if at some point in the game all the lights in the pin flashed green to symbolise that.

#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I was watching at World's End on TV last night and they showed when Davy Jones & Will Turner are allowed to come to shore there's a big flash of green light I think it would be a really cool effect if at some point in the game all the lights in the pin flashed green to symbolise that.

Yeah, but that’s something you’d only get to see every 10 years.

#2162 5 years ago

Just read JJP Software's latest Twitter post. No live stream today but probably one on Friday.

#2163 5 years ago

Wow. They still haven't shipped POTC yet?

Maybe the delay is because they are going to get Johnny Depp to do voice work after all. If you've read about his finances lately, he could use an extra buck.

Or maybe Johnny and JJP's finances are just f@cked mutually.

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just read JJP Software's latest Twitter post. No live stream today but probably one on Friday.

It is to bad the twitter post is for TH and not POTC

#2165 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

why even bother with live streams. what's the point ... to show there's still people in the office?
just get your shit together and ship some games and move on to the next.

#2166 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

why even bother with live streams. what's the point ... to show there's still people in the office?
just get your shit together and ship some games and move on to the next.

To show people the latest code and demonstrate the game? I enjoy their streams and have no plans in buying a Pirates, but I like to see how the game is improving and enjoy watching the game designers play their own games.

#2167 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

To show people the latest code and demonstrate the game? I enjoy their streams and have no plans in buying a Pirates, but I like to see how the game is improving and enjoy watching the game designers play their own games.

I get it but it’s time i get the games out.

#2168 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

For all intents and purposes there hasn’t been anything all that exciting with code changed or added in months.

Ship is starting to sail on my order if it doesn’t hit production soon.

#2169 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

It is to bad the twitter post is for TH and not POTC

you sure about that they already did TH stream last week.

#2170 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

you sure about that they already did TH stream last week.

The Tweet spoke showing off the 3.0

LTG : )

#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

why even bother with live streams. what's the point

The Chicago office is proud of the work they have done on programming for POTC and Hobbit, and have been showing it.

#2172 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The Chicago office is proud of the work they have done on programming for POTC and Hobbit, and have been showing it.

I'm not interested in Hobbit (mainly due to theme), but definitely enjoyed last week's stream.

Particularly as Ted generally keeps a lower profile than Keith or Eric.

Hope he'll be back on to talk about updated DI code when he has something to show on that front, if not before.

#2173 5 years ago

What if production starts on POTC at the same time game number 5 is announced? Boy that will hurt!!

#2174 5 years ago

I didn't expect the update to the Hobbit we just got. That, and many other reasons is why my Collectors edition order is staying in place.

#2176 5 years ago

Yeah I’d be very worried about this title; with dialed in they were fully ready to go; this game with the price hike and stripped features and big delays just doesn’t seem good at all for JJP

#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah I’d be very worried about this title; with dialed in they were fully ready to go; this game with the price hike and stripped features and big delays just doesn’t seem good at all for JJP

Wanker

#2178 5 years ago

It's a legitimate concern. His statement is true. JJP did strip features, they are behind by at least 4 months and they did price it $500 more than DI. Why feel the need to downvote is post and then call him a dick in the next? I don't think he's saying the game is not going to get done, just worried about the effects of the itemized list he mentioned.

#2179 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What if production starts on POTC at the same time game number 5 is announced? Boy that will hurt!!

I highly doubt they'll do that again. POTC sucked the air away from Dialed In, the game they actually had for sale (and were producing). I suspect any pinball company would rather sell actual machines than take pre-orders.

Yeah it happened, but don't think we'll be seeing a new JJP game at Expo this year while the current titles find an audience.

#2180 5 years ago

Best plan for JJP (IMO), is to have Pirates in production as soon as possible, and then have a huge update for DI ready to show at Expo (hopefully WOZ too), and maybe time a big PotC update to coincide.

Maybe tease something about future games, and talk about where the company is going and what it wants to do.

But showcase what they're selling and building, and draw sales for those. I think there are still huge numbers of both DI and WOZ that they can sell if they entice the punters. Emphasising the commitment to code would help that.

Wait for CES or early 2019 to show #5. Earlier and PotC gets horribly cannibalised.

#2181 5 years ago

I just got an email that my DI manual is shipping, i wouldn’t be too worried. If a company was fighting to keep their doors open i don’t think they would be shipping manuals for their last game.

#2182 5 years ago

Who started the JJP is in a troubled financial state rumors again? That's a bunch of rubbish. JJP is doing a live stream nearly every week, put out a massive code update for Hobbit, is shipping Dialed In manuals and has a billionaire backing them. They took two weeks off from showing POTC code to showcase new Hobbit code that the community and owners have been begging for over a year. Nothing wrong with that, actually it's pretty damn awesome as a Hobbit owner

I would expect that we will be hearing about POTC entering production sooner rather then later. POTC is a very ambitious game and has / will take longer to put out then pretty much every other non JJP pin.

#2183 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They took two weeks off from showing POTC code to showcase new Hobbit code

During this time the USA had a major holiday too.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thats a bunch of rubbish.

Sadly, when people don't know. Theories run rampant. Look what happened over on the CGC #3 thread. Everything from license issues to Stern making them. I'm glad I bowed out of that mess.

Disclaimer. Patience is a virtue. Stuff is always progressing, even if not as fast as we like.

#2184 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I highly doubt they'll do that again. POTC sucked the air away from Dialed In, the game they actually had for sale (and were producing). I suspect any pinball company would rather sell actual machines than take pre-orders.
Yeah it happened, but don't think we'll be seeing a new JJP game at Expo this year while the current titles find an audience.

If they're ever getting to Jack's goal of 3 games a year, that will have to happen eventually. BUT, the gap between announcement and shipment needs to be much, much tighter. 2-3 months at the most.

I'm sure JJP will get there, but it's a steep learning curve with lots of (literal) moving parts. I just want PotC out so we can get to Wonka.

#2185 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they're ever getting to Jack's goal of 3 games a year, that will have to happen eventually. BUT, the gap between announcement and shipment needs to be much, much tighter. 2-3 months at the most.
I'm sure JJP will get there, but it's a steep learning curve with lots of (literal) moving parts. I just want PotC out so we can get to Wonka.

Agree except for that last sentence. Wonka?? No thanks, even if it’s the Gene Wilder version.

#2186 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Agree except for that last sentence. Wonka?? No thanks, even if it’s the Gene Wilder version.

It's the Wilder version. So much potential for playfield toys and cool effects. Can't wait.

#2187 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Someone with your collection doesn't want a Wonka? Wow.

#2188 5 years ago

drinking some beer and updating on the JJP thread.
whats the deal? 2 weeks of other games and people running around like headless chickens screaming bulls**t.
The game will come, it will be awesome with fleshed out rules to keep everyone happy.

What is it with pinside people wanting everything to fail.....

#2189 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

What is it with pinside people wanting everything to fail.....

Sadly, that seems to be human nature.

#2190 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

It's a legitimate concern. His statement is true. JJP did strip features, they are behind by at least 4 months and they did price it $500 more than DI. Why feel the need to downvote is post and then call him a dick in the next? I don't think he's saying the game is not going to get done, just worried about the effects of the itemized list he mentioned.

In Australia "wanka "is a quick way to say you have a different opinion apologies if anyone was offended

#2191 5 years ago

Just read on JJP's Twitter / Facebook that they are streaming Pirates today

#2192 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just read on JJP's Twitter / Facebook that they are streaming Pirates today

Awesome! Thanks for posting as I didn't see it!

#2193 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Awesome! Thanks for posting as I didn't see it!

Looks like a long weekend of playing TH for me. POTC stream is 4p Eastern today.

IMG_0442 (resized).PNGIMG_0442 (resized).PNG

#2194 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Someone with your collection doesn't want a Wonka? Wow.

Well, never say never...but that theme does zero for me. I do own several games with questionable themes (Flintstones, Road Show), though those games were relatively cheap. It’s easier to look past theme if it’s cheap enough. At $9500 I better love that theme though!!

#2195 5 years ago

"It's your husband's life or your case of Wonka bars!"

If they get licensing approval to use movie assets such as clips, speech, music, characters, etc. I'm definitely 1000% in. Fancy if Pat was doing the design, you can see the tagline now... the Willy Wonka of pinball designing Willy Wonka!! This could be the spiritual successor to WOZ, chocolate factory under the glass, lick-able radcals, etc.

Ok now back to Pirates

edit: my avatar has been like that for years, coincidence?

#2196 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

"It's your husband's life or your case of Wonka bars!"
If they get licensing approval to use movie assets such as clips, speech, music, characters, etc. I'm definitely 1000% in. Fancy if Pat was doing the design, you can see the tagline now... the Willy Wonka of pinball designing Willy Wonka!! This could be the spiritual successor to WOZ, chocolate factory under the glass, lick-able radcals, etc.
Ok now back to Pirates
edit: my avatar has been like that for years, coincidence?

I would think Pat is working on Toy Story and Eric is doing Wonka based on the fact that Toy Story was supposedly going to be next and Eric has JJPOTC coming. The speculation from some is that JJP was able to get more comprehensive licensing rights for Wonka than Toy Story and decided that Wonka would be a better business decision to be next and also give Pat more time for Toy Story.

#2197 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I would think Pat is working on Toy Story and Eric is doing Wonka based on the fact that Toy Story was supposedly going to be next and Eric has JJPOTC coming. The speculation from some is that JJP was able to get more comprehensive licensing rights for Wonka than Toy Story and decided that Wonka would be a better business decision to be next and also give Pat more time for Toy Story.

That makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised at all if JJP gets a good set of licensed assets to work with for Willy Wonka. The Willy Wonka slot machines use a ton of licensed assets and feature numerous custom assets. I bet JJP will get a lot of creative freedom with Willy Wonka and be able to put out a very unique game. I'm thinking that Willy Wonka by JJP has the same potential to be as popular, if not surpass, WOZ.

#2198 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

If they get licensing approval to use movie assets such as clips, speech, music, characters, etc.

If they can't get the appropriate assets for a movie I don't think they should bother no matter how good they make pirates it will never be an A+ because of the lack of assets, unlike The Hobbit which in my opinion is a masterpiece of theme integration.

#2199 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looks like a long weekend of playing TH for me. POTC stream is 4p Eastern today.

Can not find the newest stream on youtube.

Does someone have a link for me?

#2200 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Does someone have a link for me?

https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive They usually have them here, watch latest episode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.