IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 67.
#2051 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Guys that played this game, do you think it's worth selling a Metallica pro and tspp in order to fund an Le? I really want the game, but it's trading two for one basically. Curious on thoughts.

I'm probably a little bias because I've played it so many times at shows and had 3 visits to Level 257 (with no lines). I think it is a fantastic packed game that pulls you into it with the theatrical enhancements to pinball that JJP is known for. If you really like how your WOZ and TH pull you into the game, this one will likely do the same. (I have WOZ and TH also and love them.) It is progressing with more and more sounds and video as the code is progressing. There will be more voice call outs coming as they did a second recording session with the actor recently.

I really like MET and I have played it hundreds of times at locations, shows, etc.. I don't really care too much for TSPP. In the end, yes I would definitely go for it. Especially if you don't have pre-plans to sell it in a few months for something else. If WOZ and maybe TH are considered keepers for you, this would likely be the same. But ... as always, play it before you buy it. We all have different opinions and tastes.

#2052 5 years ago

Dead men tell no tales! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Deadmen sign mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the devils triangle entrance! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. While shown in the preferred location above the devils triangle entrance you could install it to your personal taste also! Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Fits ALL JJP versions! Enter at yer own risk, available Now along with many other unique custom Mods via our new online store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple

DeadMen_EDITED (resized).pngDeadMen_EDITED (resized).pngDeadmen2 (resized).pngDeadmen2 (resized).pngDeadmen5 (resized).pngDeadmen5 (resized).png
#2053 5 years ago

Escape the Hangman ye be warned! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Hangman Gallows mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the Escape the hangman out-lane! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine and even includes an Ever so cute perfectly details parrot. You can't have pirates without a parrot!! Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Don't get caught by the hangman, Available today from our store and www.TheModCouplePinball.com
Thanks for checking it out,
The Mod Couple

IMG_0249 (resized).jpgIMG_0249 (resized).jpgIMG_0250 (resized).jpgIMG_0250 (resized).jpgIMG_0258 (resized).jpgIMG_0258 (resized).jpgPOTC_Gallow_Photoshop (resized).pngPOTC_Gallow_Photoshop (resized).png
#2054 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Guys that played this game, do you think it's worth selling a Metallica pro and tspp in order to fund an Le? I really want the game, but it's trading two for one basically. Curious on thoughts.

I sold my rrwoz and getaway to pay for my Potc ce ,with all its features and innovations if you like the theme I don't think you can go wrong.

#2055 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Two for one with good titles is rarely a good idea. I can't stand met, but tspp is a great machine. If you like them both, I'd keep them, save up and add jjpotc. If it was me, I'd dump met, keep tspp, and pay the balance for jjpotc.

#2056 5 years ago

Sold my Getaway and Banzai Run to fund Hobbit Smaug SE, never looked back!

#2057 5 years ago

Poor old getaway, it's a great pin.

#2058 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Just wait and play it. For all we know it might not come out til next year. And like the hobbit, there could be major issues.
You will always be able to play somewhere before you buy it. And you might be able to buy used and save some money.
Don’t be in such a rush to buy something that isn’t even out yet.

#2059 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Just wait and play it. For all we know it might not come out til next year. And like the hobbit, there could be major issues.
You will always be able to play somewhere before you buy it. And you might be able to buy used and save some money.
Don’t be in such a rush to buy something that isn’t even out yet.

Don't listen to that you know it's going to be sick just imagine stealing balls and treasure off your friends. Plus you want that brand new pinball smell. Just go for it.

#2060 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Poor old getaway, it's a great pin.

Yeah it is, I do miss it. But Hobbit is greaterer.

#2061 5 years ago

JJP Tweeted no live stream today but a possible surprise later this week. Hmmm. Could this be it? Anybody know where Eric is?

#2062 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

JJP Tweeted no live stream today but a possible surprise later this week.

Thank you for the update. I was planning my schedule to see it.

LTG : )

#2063 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

JJP Tweeted no live stream today but a possible surprise later this week. Hmmm. Could this be it? Anybody know where Eric is?

The cartwheel clock is getting closer to midnight!

#2064 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

JJP Tweeted no live stream today

I couldn't find them on Twitter. What did they post this under ?

I did find Jersey Jack Pinball, but didn't see it there.

#2065 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I couldn't find them on Twitter. What did they post this under ?
I did find Jersey Jack Pinball, but didn't see it there.

Turns out the surprise will be new Hobbit code next week Friday (or maybe just JJP Live showing it)! Twitter is JJP Software for the earlier report.

#2066 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Twitter is JJP Software for the earlier report.

Thank you.

#2067 5 years ago

Anyone else getting the feeling that POTC hype is rapidly running out of steam?

I’m almost to the point of zero excitement and I really really do want this machine.

#2068 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m almost to the point of zero excitement and I really really do want this machine.

This is just the pre-release Pinside excitement/rant/rave sequence. When the game comes out, it will reboot to a Pinside excitement/rant/issues/rave sequence. Predictions: the game will shoot up to the top 20 and likely remain there. Sales will be a bit slower and steady than Dialed-in, but they will be decent.

When I played this machine, I absolutely loved it. It's only the theme that holds me back. An original pirate theme would have secured a purchase from me. Just can't have Jonny staring at me in my gameroom. Just can't do it. Plus Stern already did it. I just can't wrap my head around the theme decision. Seems to be JJP biggest blunder to date.

#2069 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Turns out the surprise will be new Hobbit code next week Friday (or maybe just JJP Live showing it)! Twitter is JJP Software for the earlier report.

Would make for some nice Fireworks. Happy 4th of July week.

#2070 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

You'd enjoy doing this at first, then when the new pin high wears off you'll regret it. If it were me I'd sell tspp and save up the rest and buy the LE.

#2071 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It just feels like POTC continues to slog along. But in five weeks or less, complete games start shipping. Find one local to play or attend a nearby big pinball event. But see and play the final product first and if you still really like it, consider picking one up at your favorite distributor. By Dec they should be readily available. I'll bet somewhere along the journey, you'll fall in love, good vibes will be trending upwards and you and others will be excited to play JJPOTC Because the game is legit fun & challenging, not because of hype. True emotions from playing and observing the game will ignite the hype afterburners.

#2072 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Hell yeah!!!! Can't wait.

#2074 5 years ago

I finally got to play this at Pintastic. Unfortunately, I find that the JJP games that are brought to most shows have their flipper power dialed down, so it makes it hard to get a good feel for the game. Still, I was very impressed, and it seemed like there was a lot going on on the playfield. I played one of the older prototypes with the 3 disks, but the disks didn't work very well. And, I really didn't pay attention to that mech that much because there was so much else to do. I think this is going to be a huge seller for JJP once people start getting their hands on it, and it gets set up properly.

#2075 5 years ago

Thought this game was already in production no?

#2076 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dead men tell no tales! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Deadmen sign mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the devils triangle entrance! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. While shown in the preferred location above the devils triangle entrance you could install it to your personal taste also! Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Fits ALL JJP versions! Enter at yer own risk, available Now along with many other unique custom Mods via our new online store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple

Have you asked Lemmy about using this ?
In fact, i like " dead man smell toe nails" better

#2077 5 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Have you asked Lemmy about using this ?
In fact, i like " dead man smell toe nails" better

Lol, I’m sure if the demand is there I can design your sign to say whatever you like! We aim to please.

#2078 5 years ago

Well tomorrow is July 1 and still no word on when production starts.

Me thinks August is now not likely, hope I’m wrong!

#2079 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Thought this game was already in production no?

No. JJP Butch originally said August back in Spring, and it looks like he will win the production start date projections.

#2080 5 years ago

I hope Butch wins....Who has Sep? Oct?

#2081 5 years ago

JJP needs to do a fresh title and not a rehash of pirates or anothe lotr. Once they do that then will peek my interest plus I just don’t understand Eric’s thinking on this game he has divertors everywhere on this thing but none for the right ramp; that should have been one of the first things in the game; ohh well; hoping that the next game is cheaper and more original

#2082 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

JJP needs to do a fresh title and not a rehash of pirates or anothe lotr. Once they do that then will peek my interest plus I just don’t understand Eric’s thinking on this game he has divertors everywhere on this thing but none for the right ramp; that should have been one of the first things in the game; ohh well; hoping that the next game is cheaper and more original

Do you own any JJP games or have you every owned any?

#2083 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well tomorrow is July 1 and still no word on when production starts.
Me thinks August is now not likely, hope I’m wrong!

I'd bet that the delays (whatever they are now) are driving Eric crazy.

#2084 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I just don’t understand Eric’s thinking on this game he has divertors everywhere on this thing but none for the right ramp; that should have been one of the first things in the game; ohh well

I don’t understand the rationale for a diverter on the right ramp. What do you mean?

#2085 5 years ago

I'm finally ready for pirates to start shipping! I have renovated my back room.The pins need a nice place to live. I had to remove 4 doors to get pins in the room. It used to leak and I wanted a big door so I could unbox them in the room so they wouldn't get scratched taking them up stairs and through doorways.I put a picture from Star Wars battlefront on the ceiling to make it feel more like a games room

IMG20171129165136 (resized).jpgIMG20171129165136 (resized).jpgIMG20171201124839 (resized).jpgIMG20171201124839 (resized).jpgIMG20180109152104 (resized).jpgIMG20180109152104 (resized).jpgIMG20180204123420 (resized).jpgIMG20180204123420 (resized).jpgIMG20180210175910 (resized).jpgIMG20180210175910 (resized).jpgIMG20180218193846 (resized).jpgIMG20180218193846 (resized).jpgIMG20180504164130 (resized).jpgIMG20180504164130 (resized).jpgIMG20180511152223 (resized).jpgIMG20180511152223 (resized).jpgIMG20180525144015 (resized).jpgIMG20180525144015 (resized).jpgIMG20180530164849 (resized).jpgIMG20180530164849 (resized).jpgIMG20180530164932 (resized).jpgIMG20180530164932 (resized).jpgIMG20180701202123 (resized).jpgIMG20180701202123 (resized).jpgIMG_20180530_173400 (resized).jpgIMG_20180530_173400 (resized).jpg
#2086 5 years ago

Innovation takes time. I love the fact that JJP takes chances to introduce never-seen-before elements to a machine, but in doing so you run the risk of pushing back release dates. It's my opinion that POTC is the most-innovative game ever released, but that means tons of testing & trial-and-error. Every time something doesn't work right, that means "back to the drawing board" and the date gets pushed back yet again.

Personally, I'd rather they take their sweet time to make sure they get everything right. If it takes an extra 8 months to make a near-perfect machine, then so-be-it.

Quoted from musketd:

JJP needs to do a fresh title and not a rehash of pirates or anothe lotr. Once they do that then will peek my interest........ hoping that the next game is cheaper and more original

They put a ton of RnD into this one and are on the final stages of a finished product. No way they abandon it.

I'd also like one of their future games to be cheaper and more original. I am hoping they see the success of Spooky making TNA and consider making a machine that's like a retro/throwback. But as long as people keep buying games at 8k, 9k, 10k+... why stop?

screaminr that's awesome. I can't wait to see a machine or two in there.

#2087 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

screaminr that's awesome. I can't wait to see a machine or two in there.

If you look really closely you can see a bit of one in there . There is a pirates and a hobbit on the way.
I couldn't agree more with waiting a bit for a feature packed and deep pin.

#2088 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I'm surprised to hear you say Pirates is rehash when you own a Star Wars which lets be honest is pretty much a rehash fan layout game...and I say that as an owner of one. I enjoy Star Wars but admit its design doesn't scream original. Pirates seems like a very original game with a unique layout, toy, ruleset, and feature offering.

#2089 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Pique. Pique your interest.

#2090 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pique. Pique your interest.

The internet world has taught me one thing - A vast number of Americans failed the verbal on their SAT.

#2091 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The internet world has taught me one thing - A vast number of Americans failed the verbal on their SAT.

The crazy thing is, you usually see people write that figure of speech as "peak" their interest, where I can kind of see the logic behind the failure. Never seen it put in print as "peek" because then the figure of speech makes no sense at all.

#2093 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Never seen it put in print as "peek" because then the figure of speech makes no sense at all.

Like pore over or pour over?

#2094 5 years ago

Is Pirates coming out this YEAR?

#2095 5 years ago

Sound of crickets......

#2096 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Is Pirates coming out this YEAR?

I checked one of the European distributors website, it says 31/07 with date to be confirmed.

Hopefully they will ship them in September?
I am in no hurry, I have to sell my BSD and IJ first.

#2097 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Like pore over or pour over?

At least he wasn't bragging he was a great writer.

#2098 5 years ago

Well there hasn't been any streams lately, maybe that's a good sign.

#2099 5 years ago

Well, if Jack says one thing we know it will be another.

And I guess that's ok.

It is what it is. After 6 yrs of my initial Woz order not a lot has changed with respect to timing and promises.

At this point, I might just skip over to Willy Wonka.

Guess i have plenty of time to decide between now and Xmas.

#2100 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sound of crickets......

And cockroaches... all in ACNC!

Waiting on ETA there as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/42?hl=kirboturbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.