IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 67.
#2001 5 years ago

Was there another stream today?

They mentioned having another on Friday.

#2002 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Was there another stream today?

I don't think it made it. I was checking regularly. And only thing up is from two days ago.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Can't wait until next week. Fun to see what they've added.

#2003 5 years ago

Arrrrr GOLD! We are proud to introduce our First JJP Pirates custom GOLD mod. The CE models got barnacle the standard and LE owners deserve Gold! A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the lock down bar and highlight to remind you to collect yer treasures! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine. The mod kit also includes a single pirate coin translucent decal to perfectly detail the center illuminated button! Mod is simple to add and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Arrrrrrr. Available now via our New website store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com Thank all you scurvy Pirates for liking our products!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_0097 (resized).jpgIMG_0097 (resized).jpgIMG_0101 (resized).jpgIMG_0101 (resized).jpgIMG_0106 (resized).jpgIMG_0106 (resized).jpgIMG_0109 (resized).jpgIMG_0109 (resized).jpg
#2004 5 years ago

Where did you get that ?

Great mod !

#2005 5 years ago

I know this won't happen but pirates needs a rock the boat mode.they couldn't have a better pin for this and it could be a nod to fish tales and in a perfect world they would be playing rock the boat song. Just day dreaming.

#2006 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Arrrrr GOLD! We are proud to introduce our First JJP Pirates custom GOLD mod. The CE models got barnacle the standard and LE owners deserve Gold! A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the lock down bar and highlight to remind you to collect yer treasures! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine. The mod kit also includes a single pirate coin translucent decal to perfectly detail the center illuminated button! Mod is simple to add and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Arrrrrrr. Available now via our New website store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com Thank all you scurvy Pirates for liking our products!!!
The Mod Couple

That's funny the mod is available before the pin is. Keep up the good work.

#2007 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:The mod kit also includes a single pirate coin translucent decal to perfectly detail the center illuminated button!

If you could make a centre button embossed with a skull and crossbones or if that's too cramped , just a skull like the Jaguar car badge, i think that would be sick and I would buy one even for my Hobbit.

IMG_20180616_222042 (resized).jpgIMG_20180616_222042 (resized).jpg
#2008 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple

Wow, that looks great Mod Couple!

#2009 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wow, that looks great Mod Couple!

Thank you all for the kind words!! We Love this game and we believe it will be a top rank for Many years to come. We have a few more coming hopefully not Pre-game but we are to excited to wait and it does help having a beautiful model at 257 to stare at. Lol

#2010 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Arrrrr GOLD! We are proud to introduce our First JJP Pirates custom GOLD mod. The CE models got barnacle the standard and LE owners deserve Gold! A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the lock down bar and highlight to remind you to collect yer treasures!

Your picture reminded me...I wish JJP would extend the Jack-Sparrow-type pirate theming to the rule card like Stern did with the "More like guidelines" hand-written over the crossed out "rules". I also like that the Stern one was a pretty simple card with large lettering. JJP could do this, too, and then prompt to hit the action button for more complex rule cards or something.
Stern_PotC_Rules (resized).jpgStern_PotC_Rules (resized).jpg

#2011 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your picture reminded me...I wish JJP would extend the Jack-Sparrow-type pirate theming to the rule card like Stern did with the "More like guidelines" hand-written over the crossed out "rules". I also like that the Stern one was a pretty simple card with large lettering. JJP could do this, too, and then prompt to hit the action button for more complex rule cards or something.

Love the edit idea very clever! As for rule cards I thought in one of the broadcasts Keith or Joe had mentioned the the rule cards would be electronic via the mini screen with several depths of rule level description. Really like the idea as the amazing creativity these guys are putting into the code will need a bit more detail for us mortals.

#2012 5 years ago

So when are they going to be shipped? Any news on that?

#2013 5 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Soon-ish..... .

#2014 5 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

A few days ago Jack posted in one of the JJP Google Group Threads:

"Yes, we expect to start Pirates in the next several weeks as well. You know the story, when all the parts get here, we start building games and that will also be an Awesome game when we ship it.

Thanks to all for your loyalty, patience and love of our games.

Jack"

So … reading between the lines and guessing ... sounds like they are waiting on some parts.

#2015 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

A few days ago Jack posted in one of the JJP Google Group Threads:
"Yes, we expect to start Pirates in the next several weeks as well. You know the story, when all the parts get here, we start building games and that will also be an Awesome game when we ship it.
Thanks to all for your loyalty, patience and love of our games.
Jack"
So … reading between the lines and guessing ... sounds like they are waiting on some parts.

Why won’t he post that here?

#2016 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Why won’t he post that here?

Jack used to post on pinside, but just guessing he got fed up with the trolls and JJP haters. If you ask Steve Richie from Stern or Gary Stern himself why they don't post on pinside, you will see their blood pressure rise before your eyes - I've seen it. Some JJP people would probably love to let people know what's going on, but it's a business and some things they just don't want to be public knowledge until the timing is right. Some information is held back by people because of non-disclosure agreements. We just try to get clues out of people to speculate ... because we are anxious and interested to know what's going on, or what's next.

#2017 5 years ago

Those went fast! I wonder how long before you have more??

#2018 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Those went fast! I wonder how long before you have more??

They are back in stock from our store at www.TheModCouplePinball.com Thank you very much for you interest!!

The Mod Couple

#2019 5 years ago

Geez several weeks isn’t what I would consider soon. Several weeks could be 2-3 months in reality.

If this is the case major bummer. Was really thinking it would happen in July.

#2020 5 years ago

I am hoping for xmas. That way when I get it early I will get a surprise !

#2021 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They are back in stock from our store

Will be ordering today!!!!!!

#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Geez several weeks isn’t what I would consider soon. Several weeks could be 2-3 months in reality.
If this is the case major bummer. Was really thinking it would happen in July.

Ehh i think it just confirms August is the month they start shipping. Like what was said earlier in this thread.

#2023 5 years ago

Rule flowchart released!35883029_2031459140206005_3899696911673720832_o (resized).jpg35883029_2031459140206005_3899696911673720832_o (resized).jpg

#2024 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Rule flowchart released!

Damn... maybe it will be here before August after all!

#2025 5 years ago

I have a deposit down and have bought each JJP game NIB...but so far I’m just not excited about Pirates. Go to put a game on at VFW and liked it but $9500 for a game I’m ambivalent about is a lot.

#2026 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I have a deposit down and have bought each JJP game NIB...but so far I’m just not excited about Pirates. Go to put a game on at VFW and liked it but $9500 for a game I’m ambivalent about is a lot.

You should be excited. This looks to be JJP’s best. But yea, price of admission is a bit depressing.

#2027 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Rule flowchart released!

Where did you find that and
did they stream today

#2028 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

did they stream today

JJP's Facebook page posted it. I'm not sure if there was a stream today.

#2029 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

did they stream today

Yes they streamed today. They showed the flowchart also in the stream and it is on their Facebook page.

#2030 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

did they stream today

Flow chart is posted on Jersey Jack Pinball facebook page.

They usually have a feed Wednesday at 4pm EDT at https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

#2031 5 years ago

Thanks guys .
now we just need a shot map

#2032 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Damn... maybe it will be here before August after all!

I get the impression software is not the holdup.

#2033 5 years ago

Wonder if the flow chart will be something you can view on the monitor? Either in game or in attract mode?

#2034 5 years ago

And if not will it be poster style and come in the NIB. So I can frame it for the kids to know some of the flows. Since I have kids old enough now that they are trying to learn more about scoring. They are kicking the heck out of star trek right now since they have learned the rule set.

#2035 5 years ago

This flowchart really helps to understand better what's going on. Thanks jjp. We've been rewatching the potc movies after our recent trip to Disney last week. While the game looks amazing still and I really want one, it's still hard to disregard the missed assets that would have made this game an absolute must buy. So many great clips, and phrases from the movies. That said, I still think jjp has a winner here and I can't wait to play it and I'm still deciding if it's worth selling two of my Stern's for. Good job jjp, and I really hope they have the assets for toy story. I'm confident they do for Wonka as it's not Disney.

#2036 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Wonder if the flow chart will be something you can view on the monitor? Either in game or in attract mode?

Pretty sure it is on all their games.

Been a feature in WOZ since pretty early in the code.

#2037 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Pretty sure it is on all their games

Cool, This is the first jjp pin that really draws me in! Not a big fan of the movies, but I love the water and boats and pirates in general! Arrrrrrg! This is my little pirate ship!

#2039 5 years ago

I wonder what other uses the ship toy will have besides starting Black Pearl MB? The ship is the games biggest feature and is a very interactive toy. I hope that there are other uses for it beyond starting Black Pearl MB.

Personally I hope there's an option to regularly fight ships using the upper playfield that get progressively more difficult as you beat them. With the right ramp always feeding the ship toy there needs to be other incentive to stay up there beyond reaching Black Pearl MB in my opinion.

#2040 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wonder what other uses the ship toy will have besides starting Black Pearl MB? The ship is the games biggest feature and is a very interactive toy. I hope that there are other uses for it beyond starting Black Pearl MB.
Personally I hope there's an option to regularly fight ships using the upper playfield that get progressively more difficult as you beat them. With the right ramp always feeding the ship toy there needs to be other incentive to stay up there beyond reaching Black Pearl MB in my opinion.

Maybe what I posted after talking to Eric a couple months ago will answer some of this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/75#post-4343952

#2041 5 years ago

I will try again.

9ADE6743-A207-40FC-ACCB-BF0AE7C2C065 (resized).jpeg9ADE6743-A207-40FC-ACCB-BF0AE7C2C065 (resized).jpeg
#2042 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Last week I think they said there would be more choreography added to the ship cannon. Didn't watch all of yesterdays stream but I'm guessing we may see something on the display that coincides with firing and missing/hitting ship.

#2043 5 years ago

When you sink a ship with the cannon unless you know what to look for you wouldn't know if you're sunk it or not but if they showed the clip of the ship blowing up which they use for the special you would be like "yeah!" and high five your mates. I think it would make this pin more fun and immersive.

IMG_20180624_005323 (resized).jpgIMG_20180624_005323 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2018-06-23-22-40-57-77 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-06-23-22-40-57-77 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-06-23-22-41-39-02 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-06-23-22-41-39-02 (resized).png
#2044 5 years ago

I have no doubt that these scenes will come. This is a dead easy win not to take advantage of these opportunities.

This said, I am sure that we can all agree that this is 'fine tuning' and can come after delivery

#2045 5 years ago

Got my first mod today!!! Bring on the games! Thank you mod couple.

61772D05-9950-48F1-82AF-3E0D8F1324D3 (resized).jpeg61772D05-9950-48F1-82AF-3E0D8F1324D3 (resized).jpeg
#2046 5 years ago

PinballSTAR will be at ReplayFX again in 2018 ! WITH DIALED IN AND PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN !

We are planning on having the following games (subject to change) :

JJP :
Wizard of Oz (will bring only if pre-sold)
Hobbit (will bring only if pre-sold)
Dialed In - open for play and NIB
Pirates of the Caribbean - open for play

Chicago Gaming :
Medieval Madness Remake (will bring only if pre-sold)
Attack From Mars Remake (will bring only if pre-sold)

American Pinball :
Houdini - open for play and NIB

Spooky :
TNA - open for play
Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle - open for play

Homepin :
Thunderbirds - open for play

VP Cabs :
Vertigo - open for play
Vortex - open for play

Pre-orders for free delivery to the show ? YUP we'll do that...

We will bring INVISIGLASS if anyone wants to pre-order before the show - discounts for multiple sheets - we will ONLY bring what is pre-sold. Email Sales@PinballSTAR for pricing.

Email Joe at [email protected] for our full price list.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

PS Logo (resized).jpgPS Logo (resized).jpg
#2047 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

When you sink a ship with the cannon unless you know what to look for you wouldn't know if you're sunk it or not but if they showed the clip of the ship blowing up which they use for the special you would be like "yeah!" and high five your mates. I think it would make this pin more fun and immersive.

Agreed. I hope they do something like this.

#2048 5 years ago

Guys that played this game, do you think it's worth selling a Metallica pro and tspp in order to fund an Le? I really want the game, but it's trading two for one basically. Curious on thoughts.

#2049 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Guys that played this game, do you think it's worth selling a Metallica pro and tspp in order to fund an Le? I really want the game, but it's trading two for one basically. Curious on thoughts.

I wouldn’t. TSPP and Met or two great pins that they don’t make any longer.

POTC LE will be in production for a long time. You’ll be able to pick a HOU one up later if you really want one.
If your TSPP is in great condition, I wouldn’t sell that one, period. I miss mine that I sold.
Very difficult to replace.

#2050 5 years ago

Metallica is still made, and they're easy to obtain. As are TSPPs, relatively.

However, probably best to wait to make the decision until you've played the production machine ... as with any purchase.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.