Topic Stats

• 2,573 posts
  • 315 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by robotron
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 215 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180818_141318 (resized).jpg
EB2F6B5E-16A5-47B8-BEC3-246EAA4B815D (resized).jpeg
07DCB12F-0D86-4D09-B176-95FA584BB64C (resized).jpeg
A56DAE49-FCB6-439F-AE9E-6B179910E831 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1534539191206 (resized).jpg
Jack's Photo Zoom (resized).jpg
Jack's Photo (resized).jpg
5B9EE116-FA56-4353-9301-8A6C95143345.jpeg
73B15ECF-C03D-48BB-A18A-FFCF3284E57B (resized).jpeg
4CBCC068-0E94-4EA6-9829-C1FC50428E21 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0495.GIF
IMG_0493.GIF
IMG_0494.GIF
IMG_0492.GIF
0C4E9D1D-5EF9-4F8B-97BD-94B353EEB833 (resized).jpeg
POTC_3 (resized).jpg

There are 2576 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 52.
#1951 71 days ago

kingbw If you're going there today, then I will send someone over there to make sure it is working.

Cheers,

Eric

#1952 71 days ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

kingbw If you're going there today, then I will send someone over there to make sure it is working.
Cheers,
Eric

We will be there tomorrow late afternoon/evening ... probably will close the place again ... especially if JJPOTC is working. It would be great if you would do that for us. Thanks!

#1953 70 days ago

They're playing the pirates movies on TV and I'm watching them more closely than ever. There are so many cool bits with no actors they could use .One bit that would be cool to see in the game is where a crow is pecking on a coffin and Jack Sparrow shoots it from in the coffin

#1954 70 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just read in the latest Pinball Magazine Newsletter that POTC will be David Thiels last JJP game (at least for a while) as he signed a 3 year deal with Deeproot Pinball.

Considering David has been a hired gun working for every pinball company (except Stern at the moment which chooses not to work with him because hes been taking other work), obviously Deeproot threw some real money at him to lock him up. David is great, but we've seen this story before of pinball startups throwing money around all over the place before they've shipped a product. Too bad David will be taken away from the actual pinball world during this time.

#1955 70 days ago

Played DI yesterday and got high score for the day and before I knew it there was a dopey looking picture of me on the back screen. Pirates is going to do the same so it would be great to hear Gibbs say "say arrrr" before taking your photo.

#1956 69 days ago

Eric. ... thank you oh so much for getting JJPOTC working again at level 257. Very happy wife got high score of the day on our second game. Beat out someone with a bunch of high scores listed as THEMODCOUPLE , whoever they are. Lol Gotta love it. Great game, worth the detour.

20180609_202501 (resized).jpg

#1957 69 days ago

For anyone curious, Jack only mentioned POTC in passing during his seminar at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown this afternoon. No comments (or questions) on the decision to change the spinning disc(s).

#1958 69 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Eric. ... thank you oh so much for getting JJPOTC working again at level 257. Very happy wife got high score of the day on our second game. Beat out someone with a bunch of high scores listed as THEMODCOUPLE , whoever they are. Lol Gotta love it. Great game, worth the detour.

Was there a lingering cologne smell when you played?

#1959 69 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Shit for 10k the least they could do is throw in a $15 t-shirt for our patience and willingness to accept the single disc. Lol

I'm not patient and hate the single disc, yet I got one...

20180609_230129 (resized).jpg
#1960 69 days ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Hey! lol Now thats funny! My wife and I played that amazing machine till our credits ran dry. Truly amazing. I kept telling her that Jack was watching from Jersey on the game camera so watch what you say! Still has the old spinner running strong though I must say the improved trunk was a Smart move. Much more reliable. If anyone from JJP (Joe) reads any of these posts that game could use a new set of flipper rubbers on your next visit. They are an inch from gone. Still played perfectly though. Can't wait for our LE.....

The Mod Couple

#1961 69 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Shit for 10k the least they could do is throw in a $15 t-shirt for our patience and willingness to accept the single disc. Lol

I got mine!

20180610_002333 (resized).jpg
#1962 69 days ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

More

Is that what that was? Lol

#1963 69 days ago

We had a lot of fun on JJPOTC tonight. Maybe 30+ games total we had on it. A study that I did is that I played a little better after 1 special "DK" fufu 257 drink and 1 long island ice tea, but after the second long island, my game deteriorated. The game held up well with no issues. The "i" out lane was our weakness. A few times we selected one character, but got a different one, but that was after the second long island, so it could have been user error, but weird. Can't wait to play a production intent version.

#1964 69 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hey! lol Now thats funny! My wife and I played that amazing machine till our credits ran dry. Truly amazing. I kept telling her that Jack was watching from Jersey on the game camera so watch what you say! Still has the old spinner running strong though I must say the improved trunk was a Smart move. Much more reliable. If anyone from JJP (Joe) reads any of these posts that game could use a new set of flipper rubbers on your next visit. They are an inch from gone. Still played perfectly though. Can't wait for our LE.....
The Mod Couple

Great to hear your enjoying pirates. Love your mods, I will have to get some barrel spot lights.

#1965 69 days ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I'm not patient and hate the single disc, yet I got one...

Through distributor? I emailed mine, looking into it.

#1966 69 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Through distributor? I emailed mine, looking into it.

I received mine through JJP because of a mishap in replacement parts for my WOZ. This was a few months ago.

#1967 69 days ago
Quoted from frolic:

Too bad David will be taken away from the actual pinball world during this time.

Don't want to go too off topic but:
Deep Root Pinball will be actual pinball. I know it is hard to wait and that existing pronouncements have been a bit incendiary.
Everybody is just going to have to take a big breath and wait till March.
Deep Root Pinball is hardly throwing money around, rather they are spending money on very talented experienced and new pinball people to create an infrastructure for pinball development and production.
I've been involved with a number of pinball startups: Data East, Multimorphic, and Heighway. Deep Root is investing in the core infrastructure to provide a space for talented collaborators to create fun pinball machines. Their upfront commitment is unique in my experience.

I can't predict the future but my instinct tells me that this is going to be fun.

Back on topic - Jersey Jack's Pirates of the Caribbean is turning out great. Eric and Keith have knocked one out of the park. My association with JJP will be put on hold for a while. I'm glad that JJPOTC is the one I stopped with.

#1968 69 days ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

rather they are spending money on very talented experienced and new pinball people

I haven't heard from them ?

LTG : )

#1969 69 days ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

I'm glad that JJPOTC is the one I stopped with.

Ooohhh...Toy Story/Willy Wonka shade thrown!

#1970 68 days ago

Off topic, But I want to thank KingBW and his wife! 2yrs ago I went to the signing at expo unprepared! As KingBW and his wife were standing in front of me we got to talking about what we had to sign and the normal pinhead stuff. We both had either a F-14 or Star Trek translit to be signed can't remember which. Anywho they had a selection of markers to be used for Steve to sign with and I did not. They gratefully allowed me to use one to have my translits signed. Thank You, very much! Great people are a rare commodity in these times!!!!
Pinball On!

#1971 68 days ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Off topic, But I want to thank KingBW and his wife! 2yrs ago I went to the signing at expo unprepared! As KingBW and his wife were standing in front of me we got to talking about what we had to sign and the normal pinhead stuff. We both had either a F-14 or Star Trek translit to be signed can't remember which. Anywho they had a selection of markers to be used for Steve to sign with and I did not. They gratefully allowed me to use one to have my translits signed. Thank You, very much! Great people are a rare commodity in these times!!!!
Pinball On!

Thanks, that's nice - we're just some pinball industry fans and admitted pinball addicts. It's good that I have a wife that shares this interest ... or is it?

Where's the Colorado show JJP investigative reporting? What's the word on JJPOTC production? Did the little birds stop talking? Was Eric sighted there? We need visual reports of smoke signals, Waldo sightings, and cartwheel practice session updates. Any word on if JJP is going to have their annual NJ factory site pinball show this summer? Anything about the schedule for the Level 257 JJPOTC launch party? No one "important" in management was at 257 that I could pry for info from them.

#1972 68 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

More
Thanks, that's nice - we're just some pinball industry fans and admitted pinball addicts. It's good that I have a wife that shares this interest ... or is it?
Where's the Colorado show JJP investigative reporting? What's the word on JJPOTC production? Did the little birds stop talking? Was Eric sighted there? We need visual reports of smoke signals, Waldo sightings, and cartwheel practice session updates. Any word on if JJP is going to have their annual NJ factory site pinball show this summer? Anything about the schedule for the Level 257 JJPOTC launch party? No one "important" in management was at 257 that I could pry for info from them.

If we don't hear something soon I think we can forget about August

#1973 68 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

More

I'm surprised there has been an official JJP newsletter in a while. Looks like the last one was sent out a couple weeks before Christmas...Some type of newsletter mentioning POTC production status and information about code updates for the other games would be nice.

#1974 67 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I haven't heard from them ?

Oh wow … that would spark a pinside revolt thread … if you locked yourself into exclusivity to only support deeproot. You're more welcome here on the non-exclusivity side of the wall.

#1975 67 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Oh wow … that would spark a pinside revolt thread … if you locked yourself into exclusivity to only support deeproot. You're more welcome here on the non-exclusivity side of the wall.

I was kidding about Dave's bit "they are spending money on very talented experienced and new pinball people to create an infrastructure for pinball development and production", that they haven't contacted me.

I wouldn't lock myself into anything exclusive. I can't be limited to one company, or helping anyone. Online, email, or in person. Just think if a person came into my arcade with a problem and I couldn't help them.

Being spread out helping over 22 years, it would be impossible to be exclusive.

Not to mention I am constantly learning. Being exclusive would limit that too.

I have no problem with a NDA. But that's it.

#1976 67 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was kidding about Dave's bit "they are spending money on very talented experienced and new pinball people to create an infrastructure for pinball development and production", that they haven't contacted me.
I wouldn't lock myself into anything exclusive. I can't be limited to one company, or helping anyone. Online, email, or in person. Just think if a person came into my arcade with a problem and I couldn't help them.
Being spread out helping over 22 years, it would be impossible to be exclusive.
Not to mention I am constantly learning. Being exclusive would limit that too.
I have no problem with a NDA. But that's it.

Plus your an Invaluable asset to the pinball community and technically priceless. Any OEM that doesn't sign up to your knowledge, etiquette, accessibility, and personality is completely missing the boat. In an admirable way I would bet you would do it for free or at least for a plate of Chinese food next door. A sincere comment, but you really should write a book or memoir of your life experiences. Your journey and passion for this hobby has taken you to many interesting places and situations.

#1977 67 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In an admirable way I would bet you would do it for free

I do do it for free. 12 hours a day, about 10 on Sunday. Not counting when I'm up early or working late. I get the games for tech support, but I'd need that either way.

Quoted from Yelobird:

but you really should write a book or memoir of your life experiences.

My life and times as a pinball tech and lover. A friend once told me that I've forgotten more fun than most people have had.

I've been blessed being in a situation to help, and meet, so many people.

Thank you for the kind words my friend !

#1978 67 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

More

I'd guess August is a cut off date they've set.

If it goes in much later than that, it could seriously impact the schedule for revealing and producing later titles.

Hardware wise, it seems pretty much done now. I think it's mainly software.

#1979 67 days ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'd guess August is a cut off date they've set.
If it goes in much later than that, it could seriously impact the schedule for revealing and producing later titles.
Hardware wise, it seems pretty much done now. I think it's mainly software.

They are gearing up, they have to be for all of the obvious reasons...

The software is well beyond what anyone ships so I can't imagine that software is playing any part in delaying production.

#1980 67 days ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The software is well beyond what anyone ships so I can't imagine that software is playing any part in delaying production.

I reckon they would want ship it with the video mode in the game

#1981 67 days ago

What has been the longest time from announcement to production for a new pinball machine? This wait is getting agonizing! Lol

#1982 67 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What has been the longest time from announcement to production for a new pinball machine? This wait is getting agonizing! Lol

Possibly WOZ. Announced in 2011 and started shipping in early 2013. To be fair that was JJP's first pin and the the most ambitious pin ever created at the time. POTC was announced last October and looks like it will ship within a year of that announcement, that's not too bad. 6 months from a full reveal to seeing the first games start shipping seems like a more reasonable wait.

#1983 67 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does Aliens count?

#1984 67 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does The Big Lebowski count.... My guess is BBB from Gene is the runner for longest Actually completed announcement.

#1985 67 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Does Aliens count?

Quoted from Yelobird:

Does The Big Lebowski count.... My guess is BBB from Gene is the runner for longest Actually completed announcement.

I would say these two don't count since they are failing businesses and haven't built many machines.

Didn't post the question as a knock on JJP but shit, it's mid June already and as of the last stream there were still wizard,video modes to be coded as well as more call outs to be done with Gibbs and I'm sure more. October 2018 will be fast upon us!☠️

#1986 66 days ago

I still think its going to be august like some others have said in this thread. 3-5 more weeks of live streams then they are going to hit the line.

#1987 66 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I would say these two don't count since they are failing businesses and haven't built many machines.
Didn't post the question as a knock on JJP but shit, it's mid June already and as of the last stream there were still wizard,video modes to be coded as well as more call outs to be done with Gibbs and I'm sure more. October 2018 will be fast upon us!☠️

I would say only non prepay games count if you count prepay WOZ was three yr's

#1988 66 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I reckon they would want ship it with the video mode in the game

Did I hear them say something about cannon shooting ship getting more choreography or were my ears hearing incorrectly?

#1989 65 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did I hear them say something about cannon shooting ship getting more choreography or were my ears hearing incorrectly?

Was that in today's stream?

#1990 65 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Was that in today's stream?

Yeah, thought I heard them say something about it but I was multi tasking and wasn’t watching/listening real closely.

#1991 65 days ago

M mr was probably the longest wait.

#1992 65 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah, thought I heard them say something about it but I was multi tasking and wasn’t watching/listening real closely.

I'll have to wait for the link or YouTube

#1995 65 days ago

Wow Joe really lit that game up on the stream! Good for him he was in the Zone! Congrats

#1996 64 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow Joe really lit that game up on the stream! Good for him he was in the Zone! Congrats

Joe is a top player on JJP games. He isn't flashy but he's always steadfast in the hunt.

#1997 64 days ago

I do love seeing the live Streams of Pirates but at this time, I'm getting burned out. I want to play the game myself and experiance it. I feel like I know the game so much without playing.

#1998 64 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I do love seeing the live Streams of Pirates but at this time, I'm getting burned out. I want to play the game myself and experiance it. I feel like I know the game so much without playing.

Feeling the same way. It's awesome JJP is doing the stream but at this point I want to be surprised when I actually play the game. It's time to get these games on the line and into operators and collectors hands.

#1999 64 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I understand your point but at the same time I personally feel like JJP is doing a Great new thing with these continuous spoon feeding video instructional videos. Through repetition I am slowly learning the extreme depth of Keith and Joes (and team) deep rule set. Hobbit as an example was incredibly deep but I quickly felt like I was just smacking a ball around and had no appreciation of how the modes or code were written and reading hundreds of forum posts to learn just didn't work for me and I gave up on what was probably a great game. These instructional tutorials are priceless to me and I suspect any new buyer looking to make this Large scale purchase. I now feel like when this beautiful game does arrive at our home I will know many of the objectives or at least know I have a video reference to go back to if I feel lost. Bravo to JJP and team for taking this new direction. I appreciate it!!

#2000 64 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I understand your point but at the same time I personally feel like JJP is doing a Great new thing with these continuous spoon feeding video instructional videos. Through repetition I am slowly learning the extreme depth of Keith and Joes (and team) deep rule set. Hobbit as an example was incredibly deep but I quickly felt like I was just smacking a ball around and had no appreciation of how the modes or code were written and reading hundreds of forum posts to learn just didn't work for me and I gave up on what was probably a great game. These instructional tutorials are priceless to me and I suspect any new buyer looking to make this Large scale purchase. I now feel like when this beautiful game does arrive at our home I will know many of the objectives or at least know I have a video reference to go back to if I feel lost. Bravo to JJP and team for taking this new direction. I appreciate it!!

Too bad you gave up on TH; It is a great game and despite what a lot of naysayers think, it is one of our all time favorites. When the new code is released I am sure it will become a true classic and a collector's game. I hope you rethink your decision on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 119.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Bright
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 2576 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 52.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside