IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 67.
#1901 5 years ago

Plundering will be so much fun, I can see it causing a few arguments. Also really good to see they let you choose how often and how much stuff you can plunder.

#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I also still think it would be cool when you hit the maelstrom ramp and go in the hole to start worlds end multi ball that they should put the short clip of the Pearl and Dutchman entering and blasting each other.

how many times are you going to post this? im sure its has been at least once a page. Good idea, i wish i could say im JJ and I can hear you.

#1903 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

how many times are you going to post this? im sure its has been at least once a page. Good idea, i wish i could say im JJ and I can hear you.

I’m going to post it as much as I want just like all the bullshit stuff others post on pinside over and over. Maybe I should add a poll? Sorry it bothers you.

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Ill post it again as well.
Hate that apron!

#1905 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Sometimes a good idea is worth repeating just in case someone hasn't read almost 2000 posts.

#1906 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sometimes a good idea is worth repeating just in case someone hasn't read almost 2000 posts.

Well said- I hate the apron!

#1907 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What if liars dice video mode showed two pirates playing dice, then one pirate calls the other one a liar then they have a shoot out with muskets hiding behind barrels and other stuff on the ship's deck.

Is this a scene from any of the movies?

#1908 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Is this a scene from any of the movies?

Liars dice I think was first scene in the at worlds end movie but if was more of a card games call your bluff type thing.

#1909 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Liars dice I think was first scene in the at worlds end movie but if was more of a card games call your bluff type thing.

I honestly have seen maybe one POTC movie in its entirety. I guess that I should make it a point to go through them.

I asked about the scene as I would not expect the Team to have to create something when there a 5 movies to pull from, if these scene is not available I guess that would answer that question.

I do enjoy seeing more of the clips that are being added and I am excited to hear that there is even another round of voice over work.

You can really hear the wealth of of custom audio and original music throughout, I don't think that we have really recognized or appreciated the talent and effort there.

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Liar's dice is a game using dice, not cards. See shaker of dice in Squidman's hook.

IMG_0293 (resized).PNGIMG_0293 (resized).PNGIMG_0294 (resized).PNGIMG_0294 (resized).PNG

#1911 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Liar's dice is a game using dice, not cards. See shaker of dice in Squidman's hook.

Your right - I don't know why I said cards.

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Best drinking game ever

#1913 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I asked about the scene as I would not expect the Team to have to create something when there a 5 movies to pull from, if these scene is not available I guess that would answer that question.

I was thinking they could do their own animations. My preferred video mode would be looking out a cannon port hole and shooting ships as they rise and fall on the waves. A dice game doesn't seem very exciting to me ,but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

#1914 5 years ago

Why do all the modes have to be shooting for characters I would like to see a mode where you're chasing a ship and as you hit your shots you get closer and closer and the final shot to end the mode you blow up the ship.

#1915 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What if liars dice video mode showed two pirates playing dice, then one pirate calls the other one a liar then they have a shoot out with muskets hiding behind barrels and other stuff on the ship's deck.

Forgot Disney said no guns no rum no fun.

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Why do all the modes have to be shooting for characters I would like to see a mode where you're chasing a ship and as you hit your shots you get closer and closer and the final shot to end the mode you blow up the ship.

The way I look at it, the 'chapters' in this game are really all just one kind of 'mode'. Or perhaps you could call them one kind of 'objective'. I don't think people should be thinking of them as different modes. If you are looking for traditional modes in the game, I think the wizard modes are more like the traditional modes. This game seems to be really challenging the traditional way of coding a pinball machine in that there is a lot of detail in the other parts of the code besides the modes. Take the multiballs, for example. There are five very different multiballs which all require very different shots to qualify them.

#1917 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

The way I look at it, the 'chapters' in this game are really all just one kind of 'mode'. Or perhaps you could call them one kind of 'objective'. I don't think people should be thinking of them as different modes. If you are looking for traditional modes in the game, I think the wizard modes are more like the traditional modes. This game seems to be really challenging the traditional way of coding a pinball machine in that there is a lot of detail in the other parts of the code besides the modes. Take the multiballs, for example. There are five very different multiballs which all require very different shots to qualify them.

Point taken, but it would be good to mix it up a bit more

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Forgot Disney said no guns no rum no fun.

Hard to make a real pirate game without any of these.

I think they could get away with the cannon shooting ships mode since they do have cannons in game.

Doesn’t the Singapore chapter scene show guns on a table or did I not see it correctly?

#1919 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think they could get away with the cannon shooting ships mode since they do have cannons in game.
Doesn’t the Singapore chapter scene show guns on a table or did I not see it correctly?

Sparrow has his gun with bullet saved for barbosa .Disney can use guns jjp can't.

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

But think how simple it will be to make a fake pirate game.

Behind every cloud......

#1921 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

But think how simple it will be to make a fake pirate game.
Behind every cloud......

Agree 100% and I have said from the beginning that an original pirate theme from JJP would have been far better than another POTC.

#1922 5 years ago

I keep checking back for updates. Looks like this ship has sailed... (or maybe I will use that for when product starts to ship)

#1923 5 years ago

well tomorrows stream (If there is one) Will be interesting to see if eric Is there in chicago or not. They kind of avoided the question last week. But it was still may last weds. So first weds of june. Maybe eric will be in Jersey Getting pirates ready to start!

#1924 5 years ago

I'll be heading to Chicago on a pin fetching adventure for a relative this weekend. Does anyone know if the JJPOTC is still at the Level 257 and functional? I want to make a detour there as we're going through withdrawls from JJPOTC.

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'll be heading to Chicago on a pin fetching adventure for a relative this weekend. Does anyone know if the JJPOTC is still at the Level 257 and functional? I want to make a detour there as we're going through withdrawls from JJPOTC.

as far as i know it is still there

#1926 5 years ago

A little bird told me they are on the production line and will ship in August get the AUS possibly October and they've also made their last ever Hobbit

#1927 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

A little bird told me they are on the production line and will ship in August get the AUS possibly October and they've also made their last ever Hobbit

Last ever Hobbit, that's interesting. Was it a Black Arrow?

If that is accurate, I'd say that is the one have in the home collection

#1928 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Last ever Hobbit, that's interesting. Was it a Black Arrow?
If that is accurate, I'd say that is the one have in the home collection

They didn't say but I would assume it was a black arrow. My personal favourite is the le just trying to figure out how to find the money to get one, only a few left in oz.

#1929 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

IMO this is true.

They were doing a final call in the UK for a reduced price.

Don't think Hobbit will have the legs that WOZ / DI have, plus an expensive license.

#1930 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

IMO this is true.
They were doing a final call in the UK for a reduced price.
Don't think Hobbit will have the legs that WOZ / DI have, plus an expensive license.

All I know is that once POTC is on line Hobbit owners such as myself can finally look forward to the massive code update that has been in the works for the game Can't wait as it's one of the most immersive pins I've played. Adding a super wizard mode, a new Beast MB to replace the current mode, the star raiting mode concept, and Keith's other ideas will elevate the game to the next level. I just wish the wait hasn't been so long...

Sounds like we are getting closer to cartwheel time for POTC! Looking forward to start seeing Pirates get out the door.

#1931 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hobbit owners such as myself can finally look forward to the massive code update .

It would be great if in the code update you could choose to play as a character from the movie like Potc, not change the rules but it's a lot easier to remember who you are and you don't have your drunk mates arguing about who is player 2 or 3

#1932 5 years ago

instead, you would rather have them argue over which midget they are? LOL

#1933 5 years ago

WAs there a stream today?

#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

WAs there a stream today?

Yes. 3pm central daylight time. Best check every Wednesday just in case.

LTG : )

#1935 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. 3pm central daylight time. Best check every Wednesday just in case.

I was busy all day and missed it.

Anything exciting or have a link to it?

Thread has been kind of quiet lately.

#1936 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anything exciting or have a link to it?

A few things here and there. I believe you can watch it later at some point, soon.

#1938 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

instead, you would rather have them argue over which midget they are? LOL

Good one and the preferred description is Shetland people.

Your the best.
I really like the high scores for each character. It's the little touches that are making this pin a stand out.

#1939 5 years ago

I want a JJP pirate shirt, do we get one with our purchase or can we buy them?

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You don't get a shirt, but you do get a meal with the key grip who worked on the second movie. You also get an empty rum bottle and a Disney jacket. TOTALLY JEALOUS!

#1941 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Call your distributor and ask them, otherwise, if you call JJP and talk with Jen she might still have some.

#1942 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You don't get a shirt, but you do get a meal with the key grip who worked on the second movie. You also get an empty rum bottle and a Disney jacket. TOTALLY JEALOUS!

And you can talk to the Key Grip, but he is not allowed to talk back. Think about it. It could be fun.

#1943 5 years ago

I just read in the latest Pinball Magazine Newsletter that POTC will be David Thiels last JJP game (at least for a while) as he signed a 3 year deal with Deeproot Pinball. David is easily one of the best pinball sound editors / artists that there's every been. His work on Hobbit and Dialed In is among the best in pinball and POTC looks, or I should say sounds, like it will be another hit. I hope he comes back to JJP when his time at Deeproot Pinball is over with.

I wonder with David leaving if Chris Granner (LOTR, WOZ, etc) will come back to JJP for their titles following POTC?

#1944 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What about a Jerry Seinfeld pirate shirt?

#1945 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

What about a Jerry Seinfeld pirate shirt?

Shit for 10k the least they could do is throw in a $15 t-shirt for our patience and willingness to accept the single disc. Lol

#1946 5 years ago

Since this was asked I went to Level 257 in Schaumburg for lunch and play Pirates and DI. The pirates was on but the payment screen was blank you could not play.
Also I couldn't find DI, they had woz and TH.They are doing more renovations so a large area was blocked off. A few pins were by the bowling lanes. GB, black knight

#1947 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just read in the latest Pinball Magazine Newsletter that POTC will be David Thiels last JJP game (at least for a while) as he signed a 3 year deal with Deeproot Pinball. David is easily one of the best pinball sound editors / artists that there's every been. His work on Hobbit and Dialed In is among the best in pinball and POTC looks, or I should say sounds, like it will be another hit. I hope he comes back to JJP when his time at Deeproot Pinball is over with.
I wonder with David leaving if Chris Granner (LOTR, WOZ, etc) will come back to JJP for their titles following POTC?

That’s sad news as DT is a master at his craft! Will be big shoes to fill. Chris Granner would’ve a great return.

#1948 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Since this was asked I went to Level 257 in Schaumburg for lunch and play Pirates and DI. The pirates was on but the payment screen was blank you could not play.
Also I couldn't find DI, they had woz and TH.They are doing more renovations so a large area was blocked off. A few pins were by the bowling lanes. GB, black knight

Thanks for checking on this. My wife will be really disappointed as she has been looking forward to it for a few weeks. We already have hotel reservations in the area for our trip detour there this weekend. We have a TH and WOZ at home, so that's nothing special. I had emailed Level 257 yesterday to see if JJPOTC was there and working and didn't get a response. Oh well, I'll break the news to her tonight. If there aren't that many pins there working when we get there, we will just have to hunt for another pinball place in the area to cheer us up.

#1949 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I thought I read somewhere a while back in these threads that David was still also committed to JJP #5 too before Deeproot. Maybe the long delays dropped that commitment. His fantastic work will be missed.

#1950 5 years ago

King BW,

Maybe they will get it fixed however they have SW, GOTG, BM66, GOT, AS, Kiss, Houdini, TZ, TAF, GB, TH, Woz, older model BNight, Gorgar? maybe others, working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/39?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.