Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 67.
#1851 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

ce is just ridiculous. i dont see where the extra 3500 goes. i mean the dialed in ce people just got their jackets and havent even gotten their dinner yet. it is just an awful money grab and i wish that buyers would stay away from that like superman with kryptonite.

It’s sucker bait...I’d charge that much too if I were JJP. Milk those fools!

#1852 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

a digital triple disc on display

Man, this statement is cringeworthy...as if a passive animated display is some kind of big deal. Newsflash: Mystery awards indicated on displays is getting close to 40 year old tech. Just because they put animation on the face of it doesn't make it any more impressive than 85% of the bargain PC software that came out of a bin in Best Buy or CompUSA in the mid to late ninetys.

Last I checked we were still trying to buy pinball machines here, not vidya' games.

#1853 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Man, this statement is cringeworthy...as if a passive animated display is some kind of big deal. Newsflash: Mystery awards indicated on displays is getting close to 40 year old tech. Just because they put animation on the face of it doesn't make it any more impressive than 85% of the bargain PC software that came out of a bin in Best Buy or CompUSA in the mid to late ninetys.
Last I checked we were still trying to buy pinball machines here, not vidya' games.

Don’t think I was touting it as great or a bonus... just making a simple broader point in response to another post implying the game was stripped down and no disc.

And your right we are buying pinball machines not toys. if you want toys go to your local toy store or Walmart and knock your socks off. Sick of people bitching about plastic toys or the lack of.

#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

And your right we are buying pinball machines not toys. if you want toys go to your local toy store or Walmart and knock your socks off. Sick of people bitching about plastic toys or the lack of.

N'eh? Not sure what that had to do with me but sure..okay. I can't disagree. MOAR MECHS AND MAGNETS is all I'm saying. I would've rather had some magnets in there than the plain spinning disc. Removing a mech that actually does something isn't suitable for replacement on a video screen, it's an admission of defeat or time limitations. I just don't think JJP should get credit for keeping a feature by putting it in software, when the whole thing that made it innovative in the first place was that it was going to be in hardware AND do something interesting by interacting with the ball as well.

#1855 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree. The CE is stupid but even Sterns Premium is around 7500 so that's high as hell too. Doesn't matter how much u defend stern, both companies prices are very very stupid.

Aren't the people that pay those prices the stupid ones ? Stern/JJP are at the receiving end, so I would call that the smart ones

#1856 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

N'eh? Not sure what that had to do with me but sure..okay. I can't disagree. MOAR MECHS AND MAGNETS is all I'm saying. I would've rather had some magnets in there than the plain spinning disc. Removing a mech that actually does something isn't suitable for replacement on a video screen, it's an admission of defeat or time limitations. I just don't think JJP should get credit for keeping a feature by putting it in software, when the whole thing that made it innovative in the first place was that it was going to be in hardware AND do something interesting by interacting with the ball as well.

Yeah I hear you and agree more mechs are good in pinball. I have to say the thing that really is annoying me although minor in the grand scheme of things is that they can't get the treasure chest to work as intended.

#1857 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree. The CE is stupid but even Sterns Premium is around 7500 so that's high as hell too. Doesn't matter how much u defend stern, both companies prices are very very stupid.

Not getting any argument from me there.

It’s all stupid right now.

I think I paid $6200 for my AC/DC premium. Which is loaded

#1858 1 year ago

What we're back to pricing and the disc's.

#1859 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So Stern can ask 9k for a Iron Maiden LE and that's Ok?

That's because imdn is the best machine since ngg.

#1860 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Wow! I just don't see it. I've played a pro locally that was at the release show (pre-purchase show pin through Marco) and it was just clunky. I liked the music and the theme etc... but it must not be set up. Plunge the ball... bam straight into the upper LT flipper unless you hold it up and plunge. Then the flying balls off the ramp etc... not flowy.. I knew that with everything that I have been reading that it must just be a setup thing but as it sat, no F'ing way would anyone think that it is even close to the 'best'.

Another friend has one who is meticulous and I am excited to try his to see the difference and experience the game. Until then, there are a lot of great classics that can be had for the same or less.

#1861 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I liked the music and the theme etc... but it must not be set up. Plunge the ball... bam straight into the upper LT flipper unless you hold it up and plunge. Then the flying balls off the ramp etc... not flowy..

You aren't playing the same pin everybody else is that's for sure! It's a phenomenal layout and "flowy" as it gets.

#1862 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Newsflash: Mystery awards indicated on displays is getting close to 40 year old tech.

Mystery awards have not been shown like this before and the awards given have never been done before like stealing balls points and captions.
If you don't like "vidya" in your pins maybe you should stick to em 's

#1863 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Mystery awards have not been shown like this before and the awards given have never been done before like stealing balls points and captions.
If you don't like "vidya" in your pins maybe you should stick to em 's

Curious with this statement. SOoo, if JJP said ALL the mechs are hard to do so we are going to just do a full pinball table on the big TV screen with a blank wood playfield and 2 flippers to entertain your fingers would that still be considered Innovative? Seems like another company went this route with little success? Side note, the game Does still look amazing and I look forward to getting one but there is Really no acceptable compromise they offered with the Non compromised price point. Just my opinion....

#1864 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

SOoo, if JJP said ALL the mechs are hard to do so we are going to just do a full pinball table on the big TV screen with a blank wood playfield and 2 flippers to entertain your fingers would that still be considered Innovative? ....

You just can't let go of the disc issue can you we all know it's going to be one of the most innovative and feature-packed pins of all time.
SOoo stupid comment.

#1865 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Wow! I just don't see it. I've played a pro locally that was at the release show (pre-purchase show pin through Marco) and it was just clunky. I liked the music and the theme etc... but it must not be set up. Plunge the ball... bam straight into the upper LT flipper unless you hold it up and plunge. Then the flying balls off the ramp etc... not flowy.. I knew that with everything that I have been reading that it must just be a setup thing but as it sat, no F'ing way would anyone think that it is even close to the 'best'.
Another friend has one who is meticulous and I am excited to try his to see the difference and experience the game. Until then, there are a lot of great classics that can be had for the same or less.

It is clunky in some areas but when things get rolling its fun. Not sure its a long term keeper and its way overrated imo. People are just loving the unconventional layout from stern... but take that away and its a very basic pin. It will b talked about till the next new release

#1866 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

So when do they plan to start shipping these then I still can’t belive that the game now has stripped features and they are still charging 500$ more.

You are 100% correct!

#1867 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It is clunky in some areas but when things get rolling its fun. Not sure its a long term keeper and its way overrated imo. People are just loving the unconventional layout from stern... but take that away and its a very basic pin. It will b talked about till the next new release

I was elated to see four flippers for Stern but would love to see a widebody at some point in the future

There is no doubt that they made a great move bringing Elwin's design in on the pin. They needed something new. As mentioned, I am sure that the one that I played needs some serious tweaking.

Sorry to derail the more important topic at hand.

#1868 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It has to be set up for sure. I absolutely detest stern and most of their machines from the last decade, but imdn LE is the most addictive new game I’ve ever owned. It’s 4am here and I’m still awake because I needed ‘one more game.’ The game has bursts of epic flow, more so than any other stern or possibly any other machine I’ve ever played. The build quality, animations and number of toys is no match for jjp though!

#1869 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

You know what opinions are like right!!! Layout is over used nothing real special about a lifting ramp. And the I feel like I am playing LOTR every time I shoot the center ramp shot! Don't get me wrong I love the theme and music! But deff not the best machine by far!!!

Quoted from Psw757:

is that they can't get the treasure chest to work as intended

Totally agree on this! That should be one of the easy fixes!!! I can understand about the discs as it was becoming a poor mech and not lasting!

Quoted from dnaman:

I was elated to see four flippers for Stern but would love to see a widebody

I would as well, but I don't think it's in Stern's budget!

#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Well, that's pretty disappointing. I was hoping this Pirates was going to be so much better than Stern's, so I could convince my wife to upgrade. Not sure this will help convince her as Stern Pirates is her all time favorite.

Ditto!

#1871 1 year ago

The chest thing is definitely weird...why not keep it closed until you actually can shoot into it? That would keep the mech and eliminate the rejects. Was there a problem with that method?

#1872 1 year ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Well, that's pretty disappointing. I was hoping this Pirates was going to be so much better than Stern's, so I could convince my wife to upgrade. Not sure this will help convince her as Stern Pirates is her all time favorite.

I can't speak to the Stern POTC. I have had it on my wish list for a long time and only played it a few times. Once JJP announced theirs I was committed and have stopped looking for Stern's. There was some disappointing news with the tripple disk and chest of course but do you believe that the JJP release won't be much better than yours? That is very surprising to hear but you own it so I would understand your connection to it.

Why not own both? Even if it is something that you might have to save towards?

#1873 1 year ago

New stream today according to JJP's Facebook! 3pm central / 4pm eastern.

#1874 1 year ago

I can't watch the stream live, so someone please ask Eric when he will be going to NJ. They wont say when the production line will start, but we know that Eric will go to NJ to help out with the line setup. It's kind of like watching for a different color smoke coming out of the chimney when a pope is selected (i.e. JJP factory) and a "where's waldo?" puzzle combined. Eric is our Waldo. When Eric is found in NJ, we're getting close and cartwheels will be coming.

#1875 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I can't speak to the Stern POTC. I have had it on my wish list for a long time and only played it a few times. Once JJP announced theirs I was committed and have stopped looking for Stern's. There was some disappointing news with the tripple disk and chest of course but do you believe that the JJP release won't be much better than yours? That is very surprising to hear but you own it so I would understand your connection to it.
Why not own both? Even if it is something that you might have to save towards?

Sterns POTC isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be, you’re not missing much. It has some cool multiball stacking features; other than that, if you like flipping a ball and watching it go somewhere other than back to your flippers, it may be the game for you.

#1876 1 year ago

JJP live showing offline yet, anyone else seeing the stream?

#1878 1 year ago

Wonder if hey will be playing production game or still the prototype

#1879 1 year ago

Watching the replay now: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/267448319##

New this week:
Plundering!
More speech (Eric had another recording session with Kevin McNally this week)
Status report

#1880 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Watching the replay now: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/267448319##
New this week:
Plundering!
More speech (Eric had another recording session with Kevin McNally this week)
Status report

Sounds great, can't wait to get some more time in on this pin.

#1881 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Wonder if hey will be playing production game or still the prototype

Single disc, so it must be production.

#1882 1 year ago

I really hope this hits production line soon, kind of bugs me hat they totally avoid the question.

If they miss mid summer production that will be a big fail in my opinion.

#1883 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I really hope this hits production line soon, kind of bugs me hat they totally avoid the question.
If they miss mid summer production that will be a big fail in my opinion.

Especially while removing features to build quicker

#1884 1 year ago

Great news to hear they recorded more of Kevin McNally. hopefully they put in more funny stuff like his description of himself when you pick his character

#1885 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There's probably not much to say at this point. I imagine they are waiting for all the parts to come in. When they have all arrived they will start building but it may be very difficult to say when that will be due to the number of parts and vendors involved.

#1886 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

There's probably not much to say at this point. I imagine they are waiting for all the parts to come in. When they have all arrived they will start building but it may be very difficult to say when that will be due to the number of parts and vendors involved.

They know if the target date is going to be met or not.

I get a sense listening to what needs to be done yet that we aren’t as close to production as many think.

I sure hope I’m proven wrong as I want this like right now!

#1887 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The JJP website looks to have posted updated pics of games including one with the LE topper! Looks pretty cool.

Meh. You can get one of those skulls printed on the plastic new on Ebay for $30-$50 and because it's a molded, detailed piece, it looks much better, IMO. Here's a pic of one on a Stern PotC I sold:

backbox (resized).jpg

Here's one for $56:
ebay.com link » Pirates Of The Caribbean Dead Mans Chest Talking Skull Room Alarm Rare New

#1888 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They know if the target date is going to be met or not.
I get a sense listening to what needs to be done yet that we aren’t as close to production as many think.
I sure hope I’m proven wrong as I want this like right now!

Butch said August at one of the shows a month or two ago. I believe he was closer than any other estimate, and he should know.

#1889 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any chance these ship in June?

Pretty sure that chance is Zero.

#1890 1 year ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

Especially while removing features to build quicker

I’m pretty sure they removed features because they weren’t functioning properly!

#1891 1 year ago

They didnt have time to get it right so they cut them.

#1892 1 year ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

They didnt have time to get it right so they cut them.

It’s only been 8 months since announcement and likely a bit longer when you include the development time leading into expo.

#1893 1 year ago

Watching the stream, Eric sunk the ship and it was a non event they need to show a quick clip of a ship blowing up.

#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Watching the stream, Eric sunk the ship and it was a non event they need to show a quick clip of a ship blowing up.

I am sure that this will all be added along with shaker motor and screen shake(like we see often now).

#1895 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I am sure that this will all be added along with shaker motor and screen shake(like we see often now).

That would be great. It's hard enough to get needs to be special.

#1896 1 year ago

You guys still redesigning the game in here?

#1897 1 year ago

Is it me or did they have a hard time making the ramps? Only watched bits and pieces of it, but that kind of stood out for me

#1898 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

You guys still redesigning the game in here?

Hardly redesigning.

Code suggestions for gameplay but you already knew that.

#1899 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Agree, if your lucky enough to pull that shot off and sink the ship something should happen on the video display.

I also still think it would be cool when you hit the maelstrom ramp and go in the hole to start worlds end multi ball that they should put the short clip of the Pearl and Dutchman entering and blasting each other. No actors are shown when this happens.

#1900 1 year ago

What if liars dice video mode showed two pirates playing dice, then one pirate calls the other one a liar then they have a shoot out with muskets hiding behind barrels and other stuff on the ship's deck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 233.10
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside