New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 214634)

JJPOTC Updates for Production

By Hogbog

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 67.
#1751 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It looks like a laser cut piece of plastic, with art printed on it, that repeats the art and text directly under it already. I'm not saying it looks bad (the repeating part isn't great though honestly), I just don't understand your comment, how is it an upgrade over all the other ones that are laser cut plastic with art printed on them?
We're talking about this right? Put it over black so you can see the laser cut outline.

redundant. every time i see crap like this a la wd premium fishtank backglass and fishtank topper i want somebody in their art department fired.

#1752 2 years ago

I don't understand either just replicating something on the backglass as the topper. LE games are typically purchased by home buyers so why not give them something unique that at least isn't already on the backglass? How about two laser etched canons facing each other or a laser etched Black Pearl ship?

Instead of the LE topper as it is I rather see a metal lockdown bar plate, a high quality hammered powder coat like on Hobbit, or a set of LED's that light up the Pirates logo already on the backglass that can interact with the game. However, I also want to see these games start shipping asap so no more changes at this point is probably a good thing, lol.

#1753 2 years ago

For the amount of money I was expecting a little more out of the topper and was hoping since they changed the disc and chest that maybe we would have gotten something a little better.

Makes no sense to simply repeat what is directly below it.

#1754 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't understand either just replicating something on the backglass as the topper. LE games are typically purchased by home buyers .

My guess would be jjp pictured this pin in an arcade setting with the skull and cross bones sticking up above everything to draw people in. Jack said in a video about Di alot of operators were buying the le machines. If people don't like the topper they can always look down the back of the couch for some 'spare cash' and get the ce.

#1755 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My guess would be jjp pictured this pin in an arcade setting with the skull and cross bones sticking up above everything to draw people in. Jack said in a video about Di alot of operators were buying the le machines. If people don't like the topper they can always look down the back of the couch for some 'spare cash' and get the ce.

#1756 2 years ago

How about this?

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Ship-in-a-Bottle-21313

lego ship in a botte (resized).png

#1757 2 years ago

Does it have moving waves and a lighting storm.

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

look down the back of the couch for some 'spare cash'

I don't have that many couches!

#1759 2 years ago

I would take that over the one that was shown!!!!!

#1760 2 years ago

25462 (resized).jpeg

#1761 2 years ago

Maybe I’ll stick some bottles of rum up there!☠️

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe I’ll stick some bottles of rum up there!☠️

Make sure they are empty please.

-Disney

#1763 2 years ago

The Kraken wizard mode shown for movie 2 was incredible in this weeks stream. Basically a race against the kraken tentacles attacking your ship. All appropriate to movie 2!!

Keefer - any chance elements like this can be worked into each movie and it’s chapters? Having to achieve wizard mode to get something unique to the movie in game play is pretty rough.

If elements of the movie like this can be worked into each movie and it’s chapters it would radically up the fun factor for me.

#1764 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's a pic close up of the black powder coat on a prototype game. The powder coat has a nice texture to it and resembles the finish of a canon which I think is on purpose considering the theme. Personally I rather have this type of finish versus a glossy finish on POTC. It's pretty nice.

I would much prefer the hammered powder coat like the Hobbit has on one or two of their runs. Straight up powder coat is just... well... plain.

#1765 2 years ago

Agreed, the Kraken video mode is a thing of beauty! Wow, please keep those coming.

#1766 2 years ago

Chapters are what they are.

But each wizard mode is similar in style and presentation to 2. Each of them is pretty different and more like traditional pinball modes.

#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Chapters are what they are.
But each wizard mode is similar in style and presentation to 2. Each of them is pretty different and more like traditional pinball modes.

This is a fantastic mix. The chapters are very cool and the video modes send it over the top IMO. Everything that you and the Team bring to these pins is unlike anything that is on the market; past and present. Great job!

#1768 2 years ago

Keith, can you shed some light on your avatar pic? I see the obvious main character with what appear to be horns. Was this captured from somewhere?

#1769 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Keith, can you shed some light on your avatar pic? I see the obvious main character with what appear to be horns. Was this captured from somewhere?

It’s a LOTR Easter egg.

#1770 2 years ago

So depressing as it is. I was just talking to my wife about what I feel our next pinball machine should be. I have absolutely loved the idea of a pirate-themed movie. I told her again, for the 100th time that I think that it should be this Pirates of the Caribbean. I told her that it's looking awesome, and everybody loves a pirate themed game. She says no effing way. She says that Johnny Depp abused his wife, for real ,Amber Heard is her name, and it's the real deal.... and they have since made a settlement to keep from any major issues moving forward, but, the fact that he abuses wife is an absolute no-go. And I'm not allowed to get this machine. Period. It is a point of contention and listen everyone, I believe in equal rights, I love my wife. I believe that abuse is not a good thing at all, never acceptable, and this argument, which I was not expecting, will keep me from getting this machine. I'm sorry guys. I love the pirate theme. I think JJP has done an amazing job with the machine, the theme, the looks, everything. But I'm sorry. I'm not allowed to get it.

#1771 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So depressing as it is. I was just talking to my wife about what I feel our next pinball machine should be. I have absolutely loved the idea of a pirate-themed movie. I told her again, for the 100th time that I think that it should be this Pirates of the Caribbean. I told her that it's looking awesome, and everybody loves a pirate themed game. She says no effing way. She says that Johnny Depp abused his wife, for real ,Amber Heard is her name, and it's the real deal.... and they have since made a settlement to keep from any major issues moving forward, but, the fact that he abuses wife is an absolute no-go. And I'm not allowed to get this machine. Period. It is a point of contention and listen everyone, I believe in equal rights, I love my wife. I believe that abuse is not a good thing at all, never acceptable, and this argument, which I was not expecting, will keep me from getting this machine. I'm sorry guys. I love the pirate theme. I think JJP has done an amazing job with the machine, the theme, the looks, everything. But I'm sorry. I'm not allowed to get it.

Johnny Depp is barely featured in the game. And anyway, what about all the hard work of the other actors and producers on the POTC franchise? Those people's work shouldn't be tainted by one drunk jackass?

#1772 2 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Johnny Depp is barely featured in the game. And anyway, what about all the hard work of the other actors and producers on the POTC franchise? Those people's work shouldn't be tainted by one drunk jackass?

Yes, I know. She won't budge at all. I have to support My wife's position, which, frankly, it's probably no different than yours or mine. But she will not support anything having to do with domestic violence, domestic abuse, or anything of the sort. It is a complete Stonewall. And I have to support it. Not that I don't disagree with you, I totally see your point of view. But I'll take my wife over the pinball machine, and I am helpless against this argument.

#1773 2 years ago

"you are only as good as The Company You Keep"
-wife

#1774 2 years ago

Every time I think about cancelling my LE I watch the twitch feed and can't help but think that this might be the most packed game ever. Tons of cool shots, modes, multiballs, etc. Think about pulling my preorder to buy a nice TZ but it just isn't close. Looks great guys.

#1775 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Yes, I know. She won't budge at all. I have to support My wife's position, which, frankly, it's probably no different than yours or mine. But she will not support anything having to do with domestic violence, domestic abuse, or anything of the sort. It is a complete Stonewall. And I have to support it. Not that I don't disagree with you, I totally see your point of view. But I'll take my wife over the pinball machine, and I am helpless against this argument.

Whatever you do, don't get a machine that Trudeau or Silver designed.....

#1776 2 years ago

I really want this game. Not sure what I'd sell though.

#1777 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I really want this game. Not sure what I'd sell though.

Simpsons and AC/DC

LTG : )

#1778 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Simpsons and AC/DC
LTG : )

I agree!

Skyemont

#1779 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

-wife

See you later,man

#1780 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

-wife

Your wife actually said that to you? Sorry to hear that.

#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So depressing I'm not allowed to get this machine. Period. .

Sounds like you're the one being abused

#1782 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Remind her of that next time she wants you to take her to Disney World.

The collectors edition doesn’t have Johnny depp in it at all. So you’re totally good there.

#1783 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Silver designed

Sorry to go off topic, Silver?

#1784 2 years ago

Was that proven he did that to his wife? Do we know the full story, both sides?

My kids have just got into POTC and our daughter loves Johnny Depp. We recently checked out vids of him surprising sick kids in hospital as Jack Sparrow. That was a decent thing to do.

Like the other dude said, get the CE

#1785 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Tell your wife that Johnny D isn’t even on the playfield....Thats capt Jack Sparrow! He doesn’t even have a wife.

#1786 2 years ago

But isn't Jack Sparrow a Playa'? That's a whole other hot topic at the moment so I assume that this won't fly for Mrs ChipScott either.

I was thinking that the CE would suit his situation as well but Sparrow is still a character to select in the game. Maybe they can program the option to remove his face and add a question mark for the character

I kid of course, again sorry to hear about this. My ex didn't particularly care for pinball in the end and it was just contentious between us. She could not see how anyone could 'love inanimate object(s)' and certainly did not believe that anyone could be 'passionate' about most things. Sadly, she of course had no interests or passion.

My new love could not be any more of a polar opposite. She sees the beauty of all things 'collectible', especially the art which is pinball and she often kicks my a$s as well on many games. Anywho... I digress (again).

#1787 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Was that proven he did that to his wife? Do we know the full story, both sides?

Bunch of people including their housemate gave detailed accounts of what he supposedly did. It sounded fairly compelling. She dropped and opted for a settlement (which she gave to charity).

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

But isn't Jack Sparrow a Playa'? That's a whole other hot topic at the moment so I assume that this won't fly for Mrs ChipScott either.
I was thinking that the CE would suit his situation as well but Sparrow is still a character to select in the game. Maybe they can program the option to remove his face and add a question mark for the character
I kid of course, again sorry to hear about this. My ex didn't particularly care for pinball in the end and it was just contentious between us. She could not see how anyone could 'love inanimate object(s)' and certainly did not believe that anyone could be 'passionate' about most things. Sadly, she of course had no interests or passion.
My new love could not be any more of a polar opposite. She sees the beauty of all things 'collectible', especially the art which is pinball and she often kicks my a$s as well on many games. Anywho... I digress (again).

I appreciate your suggestion. Better believe I also tried that CE suggestion too! Haha.
Don't get me wrong, my wife totally supports pinball. She buys my plane tickets and hotels for the festivals and is happy to organize the finances so that pinball machines can come to the house. But, as much as I was all jazzed up to score this game, I've been turned down on this particular suggestion100 times, and yesterday she really let me have it, and the why. Really stinks, cuz I think that the Jersey Jack crew are really hitting it out of the park with this game, and who wouldn't love an awesome modern day pirate themed pinball machine. Dammit JD!
Anyway, thank you all for your support, I appreciate it and it's great to have forums like this. Obviously, everyone on this thread is deeply into pinball just as I am. I'm gonna to have to just see y'all on some different threads...

#1789 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I appreciate your suggestion. Better believe I also tried that CE suggestion too! Haha.
Don't get me wrong, my wife totally supports pinball. She buys my plane tickets and hotels for the festivals and is happy to organize the finances so that pinball machines can come to the house. But, as much as I was all jazzed up to score this game, I've been turned down on this particular suggestion100 times, and yesterday she really let me have it, and the why. Really stinks, cuz I think that the Jersey Jack crew are really hitting it out of the park with this game, and who wouldn't love an awesome modern day pirate themed pinball machine. Dammit JD!
Anyway, thank you all for your support, I appreciate it and it's great to have forums like this. Obviously, everyone on this thread is deeply into pinball just as I am. I'm gonna to have to just see y'all on some different threads...

Does she allow you to play any games that were worked on by John Trudeau? Or even Stern games in general?

#1790 2 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Remind her of that next time she wants you to take her to Disney World.
The collectors edition doesn’t have Johnny depp in it at all. So you’re totally good there.

Was going to suggest the same thing about the CE.

#1791 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

What if you trade someone for it. That way no new money goes to Disney.

Although the idea of someone telling what I can and cant buy based on an allegation of DV that never even went to court is not something I'd be open to.

#1792 2 years ago

Back to topic!!!!! is the new video on youtube yet?

#1793 2 years ago

I understand that there are several chapters, one multiball and one wizard mode for each of the 5 films. Will there be a final wizard mode (like on LOTR Valinor)to be qualified for (could be something like reach 2 film wizard mode, finalize x chapters, etc. like LOTR: gift of elfes, beat 3 multiballs etc.).

Don't want to copy LOTR, but just interested whether a kind of final battle is planned.

#1794 2 years ago

Yes there is a 6th wizard mode. I do not know if it is coded yet though.

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Back to topic!!!!! is the new video on youtube yet?

New video is up. It's also on my website (www.KingPinGames.net)

#1796 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sounds like you're the one being abused

I got permission from my wife to upvote this comment.

#1797 2 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I got permission from my wife to upvote this comment.

Tell your wife thanks. Good to see some people still have a sense of humour.

#1798 2 years ago

Just watched the latest stream man there's alot to take in. I would like to see pirates come with a large playfield poster map (hopefully laminated) with the 5 movie qualifying shots and the 12 combo treasure shots , star map symbols and whatever else they can fit in.

#1799 2 years ago

stop requesting stuff, I would like to see these games boxed up and on trucks!!

#1800 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

stop requesting stuff, I would like to see these games boxed up and on trucks!!

It's probably already drawn up for the manual.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Art of Pinball
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Art of Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside