IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 67.
#1701 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Stream this week? Anything new to see?

I haven't heard otherwise, so I would guess it would be tomorrow at 3pm cst.

#1702 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I believe Keith was going to try to implement plundering this week. He might be kicking himself for mentioning that last week.

Are you omniscient?

It'll probably be there, though.

FWIW, the plan is basically to stream every week. Just had a brief pause while some things were happening. Some day we'll stream other stuff, too.

#1703 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Are you omniscient?
It'll probably be there, though.
FWIW, the plan is basically to stream every week. Just had a brief pause while some things were happening. Some day we'll stream other stuff, too.

Just found these streams and love them. Keep it up!

#1704 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I’m very confused wasn’t this thing supposed to hit production several months ago? Any idea when this game will see the light of day guys?

Look for it in August. If July happens, call it a pleasant surprise.

#1705 5 years ago

For those who were waiting, the video of the May 16 stream is up on youtube now...

#1706 5 years ago

I'm really loving these streams. Apart from seeing the great new features each week, they are just fun to watch. Thanks very much for all your efforts.

#1707 5 years ago

For those who were waiting, the video of the May 16 stream is up on youtube now...
» YouTube video

Any word on when we may see a glimpse of the LE topper?

#1708 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any word on when we may see a glimpse of the LE topper?

Probably today.

#1709 5 years ago

The JJP website looks to have posted updated pics of games including one with the LE topper! Looks pretty cool.

POTC_LE_100-400x1024 (resized).pngPOTC_LE_100-400x1024 (resized).png

#1710 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The JJP website looks to have posted updated pics of games including one with the LE topper! Looks pretty cool.

That does look good and appears to be a bit of an upgrade over the laser cut stuff we’ve seen previously.

#1711 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That does look good and appears to be a bit of an upgrade over the laser cut stuff we’ve seen previously.

Way better than the laser cut stuff.

#1712 5 years ago

Does the $9500 LE have basic black powder coated trim?

#1713 5 years ago

Yes basic powder coat black. I will be installing different ones.

#1714 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Yes basic powder coat black. I will be installing different ones.

I'm done with commenting on value. worn out

I hope JJP is successful, but

#1715 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I'm done with commenting on value. worn out
I hope JJP is successful, but

Here's a pic close up of the black powder coat on a prototype game. The powder coat has a nice texture to it and resembles the finish of a canon which I think is on purpose considering the theme. Personally I rather have this type of finish versus a glossy finish on POTC. It's pretty nice.

20180327_165807 (resized).jpg20180327_165807 (resized).jpg

#1716 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It looks like a laser cut piece of plastic, with art printed on it, that repeats the art and text directly under it already. I'm not saying it looks bad (the repeating part isn't great though honestly), I just don't understand your comment, how is it an upgrade over all the other ones that are laser cut plastic with art printed on them?

We're talking about this right? Put it over black so you can see the laser cut outline.

potctopper (resized).jpgpotctopper (resized).jpg

#1717 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It looks like a laser cut piece of plastic, with art printed on it, that repeats the art and text directly under it already. I'm not saying it looks bad (the repeating part isn't great though honestly), I just don't understand your comment, how is it an upgrade over all the other ones that are laser cut plastic with art printed on them?
We're talking about this right? Put it over black so you can see the laser cut outline.

That is a better picture that you posted and I do agree with your comment about repeating what is directly under it on the back glass, why do that?

When I say it appears better, I don't recall the other laser cut toppers having much color or detail to them. Maybe my memory of this isn't great as I haven't seen many in person.

#1718 5 years ago

Maybe when its all lite up it looks like real flames? It is deff cheesy to be having the same thing above but in reverse order. A laser cut light up black pearl would be nicer!!!! I am still getting my LE! Maybe I can sell the topper to recoup some cash!

#1719 5 years ago

And what ever happened to the side art protectors at the flippers. I guess that will have be mylared when I install lighted flipper buttons!!!!

#1720 5 years ago

I will be expecting something cool from Aurich!!!!!

#1721 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Maybe when its all lite up it looks like real flames? It is deff cheesy to be having the same thing above but in reverse order. A laser cut light up black pearl would be nicer!!!! I am still getting my LE! Maybe I can sell the topper to recoup some cash!

I thought for sure it was going to be a black pearl. There is already a better after market version of this available from the stern machine.

IMG_3084 (resized).JPGIMG_3084 (resized).JPG

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

And what ever happened to the side art protectors at the flippers. I guess that will have be mylared when I install lighted flipper buttons!!!!

I can't understand why these protectors are not standard for premium/Le/CE/machines.

#1724 5 years ago

Holy moley! That smacks the s&*^ out of the one from jjp!!!!

#1725 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Holy moley! That smacks the s&*^ out of the one from jjp!!!!

sure does and a hell of a lot cheaper!

#1726 5 years ago

Totally agree with you! My stern ST prem has them and is much cooler with them!!

#1727 5 years ago

I thought the topper was a tilty ship in a bottle?

#1728 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I thought that pic was a photoshopped joke. It looks like plastic junk.

#1729 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I thought the topper was a tilty ship in a bottle?

On the CE only which in my opinion should have a Flying Dutchman topper since that is the theme of the machine, Davey Jones.

The LE should have the Black pearl since it is more of jack sparrow themed with black armor.

Just my opinion

This plastic one would maybe look ok on the std! I'm being generous by saying that

#1730 5 years ago

Maybe we can get Aurich to do a Miss Swan and Carina smyth apron decal! LOL
All jokes aside the coding, mechs and game play are great guys!! We all wish things could be better but that ship has sailed! Pun intended!

#1731 5 years ago

I think I would prefer a laser cut etched topper (jolly roger is fine) that changes colors depending on which chapter you are playing. I will wait to see it in person but I may not even put it on the machine.

Edit: Looked at the topper again and decided this can't be real. That has to be a place holder until the reveal.

#1732 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Edit: Looked at the topper again and decided this can't be real. That has to be a place holder until the reveal.

I am guessing you have not seen the DI collector's edition topper then?

#1733 5 years ago

NO stream?

#1735 5 years ago

Damn... logged in at 4:05 and said channel offline. Will this be available tonight to watch from beginning?

#1736 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Damn... logged in at 4:05 and said channel offline. Will this be available tonight to watch from beginning?

They're live now. But i imagine the replay will be available on twitch just as the others' have.

#1738 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

FYI « Spoiler! Click to reveal. Keith qualified Movie 5 wizard mode on ball 1! can he bring it home on ball 2 or 3!?! »

Hahahaha! That was hilarious!

Keith: 'Ohhhh, no choking here....ha ha ha.'

Eric: 'Look at this guy, this is the first time I've ever seen this so I'm gonna watch too. Alright....oh no! Keith! Keith! Ah hall that work!!!'

Keith: 'I guess I am choking.'

Congrats on making an awesome game. I've been onboard the black pearl since the Oct announcement and cannot wait to bring this home!

#1739 5 years ago

It's better than previous laser cut toppers in that the lights sync with the game.

When I saw it in the stream today, I had the same thought as Aurich that it's exactly the same as the backglass directly under it. No complaints, but it doesn't make me more excited.

#1740 5 years ago

Twitch archive of today's stream is up! The game just keeps looking better and better. I originally backed out and bought a Dialed In, which is absolutely incredible, and now just pre-ordered Pirates again, lol. I can't get enough of these JJP games.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/264716096

#1741 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Hahahaha! That was hilarious!
Keith: 'Ohhhh, no choking here....ha ha ha.'
Eric: 'Look at this guy, this is the first time I've ever seen this so I'm gonna watch too. Alright....oh no! Keith! Keith! Ah hall that work!!!'
Keith: 'I guess I am choking.'
Congrats on making an awesome game. I've been onboard the black pearl since the Oct announcement and cannot wait to bring this home!

OMG, hilarious! I Feel bad for Keith and wanted to check out the new wizard mode but I think that was better, classic moments in pinball!

#1742 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

OMG, hilarious! I Feel bad for Keith and wanted to check out the new wizard mode but I think that was better, classic moments in pinball!

No ball save for start of wizard mode? Really?

#1743 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

No ball save for start of wizard mode? Really?

I hope eventually there will be. I think the wizard mode for movie 5 was just recently added so maybe its not complete yet.

#1744 5 years ago

The wizard mode thing sucked, but it's worth a watch for the 200k shot setup for sure.

#1745 5 years ago

The wizard mode thing sucked, but it's worth a watch for the 200k shot setup for sure.

The setup was pretty bad ass Keefer; you took the game on a whole different turn with that strategy showing that game isn't all about multiball stacking and how quick you can get to a wizard mode if that's your strategy. Eric just had to go ruin it with his Blackbeard endless multiball timers hah! Speaking of which, does Blackbeard have any penalties? im thinking all scores halved whenever ball saver is in effect perhaps?

#1746 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I will be expecting something cool from Aurich!!!!!

Haha thanks, but I don't have any plans to get into the topper market, not really my thing. Anyways, not trying to take shots at the game or anything, just was a little confused by the topper reaction. I was looking for the ship in the bottle, is that something else?

#1747 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha thanks, but I don't have any plans to get into the topper market, not really my thing. Anyways, not trying to take shots at the game or anything, just was a little confused by the topper reaction. I was looking for the ship in the bottle, is that something else?

Ship in the bottle is the collectors edition exclusive topper.

#1748 5 years ago

I'm sure someone will probably make their own version of a ship in the bottle topper for the LE buyers, seem like a obvious idea for the various companies offering after-market mods.

#1749 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Ship in the bottle is the collectors edition exclusive topper.

This should now be on all editions as a 'sorry' we changed the main mech!

#1750 5 years ago

You can have Rum BOTTLES, but no rum actually IN the bottles. That's why Tortuga MB features empty bottles everywhere.
Believe me guys, we know these movies and are huge fans of them. We seriously tried our best to get what we could into them. It sounds kind of silly to say we are pushing the limits, but...

than walk away from the license and disney. only 100 other themes you can make. pc crap getting worse everyday.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/35?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.