IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 67.
#1651 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Eric mentioned this in a past stream. Disney said no references to alcohol could be made in the game...Eric thought or told Disney "Have you seen these movies"? What a stupid licensing restriction by Disney considering that all 5 films have at least a few references to rum in them. Same thing applied to guns and that's why the spinning pirate toy is holding a sword versus a gun.

That has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard. This is a 10k adult item and the Pirates movies are loaded with weapons of all kinds from swords to cannons and lots of rum references and wenches. These are Pirates not Saints!

Their so called family ride at Disney is loaded with all of these things as well, talk about hypocrites!

#1652 5 years ago

Anyone else notice that the ship still only rocks Center>Right,Right>Center and never goes Left?

Wasn't it said that would be fixed a while back?

#1653 5 years ago

You can have Rum BOTTLES, but no rum actually IN the bottles. That's why Tortuga MB features empty bottles everywhere.

Believe me guys, we know these movies and are huge fans of them. We seriously tried our best to get what we could into them. It sounds kind of silly to say we are pushing the limits, but...

#1654 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

You can have Rum BOTTLES, but no rum actually IN the bottles. That's why Tortuga MB features empty bottles everywhere.
Believe me guys, we know these movies and are huge fans of them. We seriously tried our best to get what we could into them. It sounds kind of silly to say we are pushing the limits, but...

When you do Willy Wonka make sure you get the rights to include the fizzy lifting drinks.

#1655 5 years ago

There is so much stuff going on that I never even noticed the bottles during tortuga mb. Lol

Kind of sad that Disney is so restrictive.

Keep up the good work, game looks great so far!

#1656 5 years ago

Definitely looks super polished. Some pirate humor would set it over the top

#1657 5 years ago

Sounds like they have one more voice session with Gibbs (mentioned in the last twitch feed) so we could hear a few new phrases, may add a little more pirate humor.

#1658 5 years ago

Wow, I thought this last twitch stream looked great. Seemed they did some more coding on the spinning disc action. I heard them mention that the strobe light under the slings, which were activated when the disc was spinning, is going to be removed. I didn't see or notice that on last stream if it was there, but I thought it was actually pretty cool on this last video. I for one certainly didn't mind that strobing at the slings and thought that added a difderent dimension to the gameplay ambiance. The spinning disc award on the LCD screen I thought was looking really nice.
All in all, I thought the game was looking good, code developing really well and everyone playing seemed to be having a blast. I want one

Anyone have an updated bead on when these badboys are planning to start shipping?

#1659 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Sounds like they have one more voice session with Gibbs (mentioned in the last twitch feed) so we could hear a few new phrases, may add a little more pirate humor.

That's great to hear! Some more callouts specific to each chapter mode and multiball would be nice to hear. Without the actor audio and video the modes and multiballs feel pretty similar in my opinion. Having Gibbs callouts that would tell the player what is going on in the movie scene as shots are made would add a lot to the game in my opinion.

For example during the rescue Elizabeth mode it would be cool to hear Gibbs say "Shoot the right orbit to save Elizabeth". Stuff like that.

#1660 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great to hear! Some more callouts specific to each chapter mode and multiball would be nice to hear. Without the actor audio and video the modes and multiballs feel pretty similar in my opinion. Having Gibbs callouts that would tell the player what is going on in the movie scene as shots are made would add a lot to the game in my opinion.
For example during the rescue Elizabeth mode it would be cool to hear Gibbs say "Shoot the right orbit to save Elizabeth". Stuff like that.

I really hope something changes to differentiate the multiballs because other than the text that shows up in the display and Gibbs saying the name of the multiball, they all feel the same.

They need to show something unique to each on the display that makes you remember that multiball.

This is probably my only beef at this point. Game looks good otherwise.

#1661 5 years ago

Any chance of the dog or the monkey being in the game

#1662 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Any chance of the dog or the monkey being in the game

You mean Toto and the Woz monkeys?

#1663 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I really hope something changes to differentiate the multiballs because other than the text that shows up in the display and Gibbs saying the name of the multiball, they all feel the same.
They need to show something unique to each on the display that makes you remember that multiball.
This is probably my only beef at this point. Game looks good otherwise.

To me, the chapters suffer the same problem: they're named, then a bunch of characters appear to re-define the lit shots to finish the chapter, and that's pretty much it.

#1664 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You mean Toto and the Woz monkeys?

I'll pay that

#1665 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed that on this last stream there were a fair amount of hard drains through the left middle outlane after the ball releases from the chapter shot? Looks like it's hitting a post or something to the left of the right ramp by the targets that sit there. Seems to happen alot in his particular stream, and I don't remember seeing it happening that much on the earlier streams...

#1666 5 years ago

Ok, haven't been keeping up on JJP. See several references to Willy Wonka. Is that the next JJP pin? Thought it was Toy Story? I know these are rumors, but be curious the latest "best" rumor

#1667 5 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Ok, haven't been keeping up on JJP. See several references to Willy Wonka. Is that the next JJP pin? Thought it was Toy Story? I know these are rumors, but be curious the latest "best" rumor

Current rumor is that Willy Wonka has been moved up to next and Toy Story will follow it in the release schedule.

#1668 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Has anyone noticed that on this last stream there were a fair amount of hard drains through the left middle outlane after the ball releases from the chapter shot? Looks like it's hitting a post or something to the left of the right ramp by the targets that sit there. Seems to happen alot in his particular stream, and I don't remember seeing it happening that much on the earlier streams...

It's the exact same game we've been playing, but I think it was leveled slightly differently than previous times. TBH this last time we didn't have a whole lot of time to setup because I was holding onto the game to finish a couple things for the stream.

#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Current rumor is that Willy Wonka has been moved up to next and Toy Story will follow it in the release schedule.

they have a release schedule?

#1670 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Anyone have an updated bead on when these badboys are planning to start shipping?

Step 1 - Is Eric in NJ yet?

#1671 5 years ago

It's the exact same game we've been playing, but I think it was leveled slightly differently than previous times. TBH this last time we didn't have a whole lot of time to setup because I was holding onto the game to finish a couple things for the stream.

Thanks. I was wondering. Makes sense.
Game is really coming along well. Streams have been great. Code is really developing nicely.
Looked like everyone was having a blast!
Can't wait till we hear shipping timelines, can't wait to get my hands on one of these badboys!!

#1672 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

When you do Willy Wonka make sure you get the rights to include the fizzy lifting drinks.
» YouTube video

That would make a great video mod.

#1673 5 years ago

Gotta have the song & movie clip rights to the Oompa Loompa scenes!

Dooba dee doo.

#1674 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

they have a release schedule?

Nothing officially announced. Just rumors.

#1675 5 years ago

The discs award animations look awesome.

#1676 5 years ago

I still think the apron art looks too bright. I would have gone with something like this . just a thought.

IMG_20180518_212017 (resized).jpgIMG_20180518_212017 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180518_212233 (resized).jpgIMG_20180518_212233 (resized).jpg

#1677 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I still think the apron art looks too bright. I would have gone with something like this .just an option.

Shit that would be awesome. That second pic is pretty much the scene I want to see tied into the maelstrom ramp for worlds end. No actor shots necessary, ship battle as the memorable multiball and lots of cannons going off.

JJP people you hear us? Lol

#1678 5 years ago

These pics got me wondering if there are any licensed side blades in the works?

#1679 5 years ago

^^ pics of apron art imagine if the black and white decal was transferred to a triangular plastic sitting on a cutout in the apron. Further imagine flashers underneath that are triggered during Maelstrom mb. Two ships being sucked in could be on right plastic and be lit with a light tied to gi's and would remain on. Wowza!

On another topic, why can't JJP pay voice impersonators for some additional callouts that represent more characters? Would be ideal to have three each from all 22 characters to inject some much needed humor as well as establish a more direct connection between the player and the game/theme. If POTC is to be the classic pin for all time, this would be a minimum step JJP could take to generate a positive impact on the game's atmosphere and mood. How about it JJP, can you add more character callout impersonations, for the good of POTC?

#1680 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

^^ pics of apron art imagine if the black and white decal was transferred to a triangular plastic sitting on a cutout in the apron. Further imagine flashers underneath that are triggered during Maelstrom mb. Two ships being sucked in could be on right plastic and be lit with a light tied to gi's and would remain on. Wowza!
On another topic, why can't JJP pay voice impersonators for some additional callouts that represent more characters? Would be ideal to have three each from all 22 characters, and this could inject some much needed humor. If POTC is to be a classic pin for all time, this would be a minimum step they could do to register a positive impact on the game's atmosphere and mood. How about it JJP, can you add more character callout impersonations, for the good of POTC?

This would be a good if it is possible. Have to say, the last two weekends there have been several POTC movies on tv and I watched parts of them with the kids. It definitely confirms my thoughts about the clips they have used to date.
There is plenty of footage without infringing on the actors yet they aren’t using the content. Why is this?

#1681 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This would be a good if it is possible. Have to say, the last two weekends there have been several POTC movies on tv and I watched parts of them with the kids. It definitely confirms my thoughts about the clips they have used to date.
There is plenty of footage without infringing on the actors yet they aren’t using the content. Why is this?

Could be because they wanted and have the talent to create something authentic and New vs recreating a movie we have mostly all seen? Having played it several times and watched every JJP video I am Amazed by the content they created and it fits pirates as well as pinball Perfectly!

#1682 5 years ago

I am so impressed by the attention to detail from the coders and David Thiel:
Each of the 22 characters have their own theme. In chapter modes the game will select the least recently used characters theme music. Impressive!

#1683 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Could be because they wanted and have the talent to create something authentic and New vs recreating a movie we have mostly all seen? Having played it several times and watched every JJP video I am Amazed by the content they created and it fits pirates as well as pinball Perfectly!

But imagine if upon hitting a lit character switch and you heard that character say some movie dialog or an imperator give a custom callout. That would be exciting and fillout the background with something to connect the player to the theme, and which has been absent imo. Now imagine if the character dialog you heard was specifically from that movie's active chapter. And that if you hit a second lit switch, it would register but not overdub new dialog.

So many ways this be implemented by the JJP Programmers and it would be a real win-win from the critics. So why should JJP add more character dialog or impersonator callouts? As a Zen Master, I'll answer - it's another level of deep in the cosmic universe, man.

#1684 5 years ago

I just watched the latest stream on Pirates. It's a very beautiful game. When they tweak the spinning disk area (colors), it may pass WOZ. It's very nice. Good job Eric...

#1685 5 years ago

Just played a few games at the GG pinball festival.

The game is SUPER FUN. The shots, and presentation is top notch. Playing it made all the difference for me. Super excited.

#1686 5 years ago

I got to play as well at GSPF, I really enjoyed it. Super smooth shots, very few "clunks." Amazing lighting and audio really liked the theme overall. Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the massive JD images everywhere. But I get it... licensing. Beautiful machine!

#1687 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the massive JD images everywhere. But I get it... licensing. Beautiful machine!

That's why you get the ce if you have the spare cash

#1688 5 years ago

Watched the latest stream and Pirates really seems to be coming across as a complete game at this point. The character select feature is awesome and opens up a ton of stragedy options for players. Yes it's a bummer that there's no actor audio and no actor video but I think the JJP team has done an incredible job making up for that in the terms of unique software, rules, music and animation features.

#1689 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's why you get the ce if you have the spare cash

I definitely prefer the art package on the CE but $3k is beyond 'spare cash' for most.

If I had been asked to define the SKUs, I would have killed the std (no twinkly stars!?!?) and offered choice of art packages on the LE SKU.
I'm looking forward to a review of the CE. If they've added $3k of real value, I will NEED it.

#1690 5 years ago

Question around call outs for modes. When in a mode and you hit one of the required shots, is there a generic sound that is made to let you know you hit the shot or is it different depending on the shot/character/mode?

If its generic right now, are there plans to add more call outs?

I know there are a ton of modes for each chapter, just curious how unique each one will be or is it just to hit different shots around the playfield.

Game looks great...keep up the good work.

#1691 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Question around call outs for modes. When in a mode and you hit one of the required shots, is there a generic sound that is made to let you know you hit the shot or is it different depending on the shot/character/mode?
If its generic right now, are there plans to add more call outs?
I know there are a ton of modes for each chapter, just curious how unique each one will be or is it just to hit different shots around the playfield.
Game looks great...keep up the good work.

Just watched some of the latest stream again and I believe I heard some callouts like "well done" and "well played" for collecting a character.

Personally I would like to see JJP record character collected callouts with Kevin McNally during their final recording session. There's 22 characters in the game that can be selected as well as collected during chapter modes. With no actor audio and actor video in the game due to licensing restrictions I think there needs to be something added to at least relate the shots being made in a chapter mode to the characters.

Having custom Gibbs callouts for each character as they are collected would really help incorporate the characters more into gameplay and add to the games POTC world under glass feeling. For example if you need to collect Jack you would hear Gibbs say "Jack Collected", for Elizabeth "Elizabeth Collected". Maybe have a few different versions for each character to keep things from becoming stale. Could have "Ms. Swan" collected during a Black Pearl mode but for the movie where she's a captain have the callout be "Captain Swan" collected.

#1692 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just watched some of the latest stream again and I believe I heard some callouts like "well done" and "well played" for collecting a character.
Personally I would like to see JJP record character collected callouts with Kevin McNally during their final recording session. There's 22 characters in the game that can be selected as well as collected during chapter modes. With no actor audio and actor video in the game due to licensing restrictions I think there needs to be something added to at least relate the shots being made in a chapter mode to the characters.
Having custom Gibbs callouts for each character as they are collected would really help incorporate the characters more into gameplay and add to the games POTC world under glass feeling. For example if you need to collect Jack you would hear Gibbs say "Jack Collected", for Elizabeth "Elizabeth Collected". Maybe have a few different versions for each character to keep things from becoming stale. Could have "Ms. Swan" collected during a Black Pearl mode but for the movie where she's a captain have the callout be "Captain Swan" collected.

I like that idea. Hopefully they add some of this in.

I know everyone has an opinion on the voice actors but I would prefer 1 authentic voice from the movie over 22 impersonators. I could see the merits of each but I think Kevin was a good choice.

#1693 5 years ago

I seriously want this game. It's looked great from the start. Wish they had all assets like Hobbit, but jjp has done so amazing job. Really want to play this and debating on selling some games to get one. Good job team jjp.

#1694 5 years ago

They still haven't put the latest stream on u tube anyone know why. I can never find anything on twitch thank goodness for the links people put up.

#1695 5 years ago

I’m very confused wasn’t this thing supposed to hit production several months ago? Any idea when this game will see the light of day guys?

#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They still haven't put the latest stream on u tube anyone know why. I can never find anything on twitch thank goodness for the links people put up.

Probably because Joe started getting ready for nycpc right after. It'll likely go up today.

#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I’m very confused wasn’t this thing supposed to hit production several months ago? Any idea when this game will see the light of day guys?

Dude, where have you been?

Just the disc change alone now results in a revision to the playfield, a smaller hole for the single disc center spinner. That is a substantial change and was only confirmed a short while ago. With having to run off new playfields, production and clear coat, that will take extra time.

Welcome back, now you wait like the rest of us.

#1698 5 years ago

Probably because Joe started getting ready for nycpc right after. It'll likely go up today.

Thank you very much. It's really great to get feed back from you guys .i can't wait to get mine keep up the excellent work.

#1699 5 years ago

Stream this week? Anything new to see?

#1700 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Stream this week? Anything new to see?

I believe Keith was going to try to implement plundering this week. He might be kicking himself for mentioning that last week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.