IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 67.
#1551 5 years ago

New live stream is taking place on Twitch right now

#1552 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I can...ever played WOZ?

And does WoZ have a TSPP reverse flipper mode? That’s what I’m referring to Mr Pimp!

#1553 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

And does WoZ have a TSPP reverse flipper mode? That’s what I’m referring to Mr Pimp!

There is a reverse flipper mode in WOZ obtained through the crystal ball - one of the last modes you can get through that.

#1554 5 years ago

I'm only minutes into the latest stream (recorded) and finally found the answer to my first but long standing question regarding the single disc.

There is a filler ring which fills the gap from the playfield hole (from original tri-disc) to the edge of the single disc.

Watch the stream at the 00:08:29 mark, first ball and it hits the filler disc edge and roles down to the right side.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/259541173

Now this is not surprising as they would not likely have been able to create a new PF, clear it and populate it in this short period of time but my second and more important question is.... Will the production PFs have a smaller hole to rid us of this large filler disc. I just see that as problematic (wear wise).

I am still in on this pin to date but this I need to know before committing to delivery.

JJPOTC-innerDisc (resized).pngJJPOTC-innerDisc (resized).png

#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

There is a reverse flipper mode in WOZ obtained through the crystal ball - one of the last modes you can get through that.

Bang- he got you there. ouch!

#1556 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I'm only minutes into the latest stream (recorded) and finally found the answer to my first but long standing question regarding the single disc.
There is a filler ring which fills the gap from the playfield hole (from original tri-disc) to the edge of the single disc.
Watch the stream at the 00:08:29 mark, first ball and it hits the filler disc edge and roles down to the right side.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/259541173
Now this is not surprising as they would not likely have been able to create a new PF, clear it and populate it in this short period of time but my second and more important question is.... Will the production PFs have a smaller hole to rid us of this large filler disc. I just see that as problematic (wear wise).
I am still in on this pin to date but this I need to know before committing to delivery.

Very good observation and question! If dozens of playfields have already been ordered (or even received) then its likely they will have the filler disk. The question then is will playfields down the road for later build games not have the filler part and instead be wood in that area?

#1557 5 years ago

No shipped games will have filled in playfields.

#1558 5 years ago

Keefer to the rescue.

#1559 5 years ago

deleted.. (just ignore)

#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yeah! Great to hear Thanks Keith.

#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

You are the man, THANK YOU!!

I am in.

#1562 5 years ago

Just watched some of the latest stream. Owners are going to have so much fun with this, there is just so much to do in the game.

#1563 5 years ago

Now that Keith has answered my burning question:

"Now it's only gettin' better, and a change is gonna come my way
Yes it's only so much better, oh, gettin' better every day, yeah
I can feel it, feel it gettin' better, whoa, day and night
I feel it, feel it gettin' better every day
Gettin' better, it's gettin' better, it's gettin' better"

#1564 5 years ago

I can't tell for sure but it looks like the characters penalty is displayed along with the characters picture on the apron LCD when you select a character? If so that's pretty slick! I remember Keith mentioning on the SDTM POTC interview that some (or all?) characters have a plus and a negative.

#1565 5 years ago

Yes, it does!

#1566 5 years ago

Watching the stream, game is looking good!

#1567 5 years ago

The stream isn't on YouTube yet does anyone have a link to the twich stream

#1570 5 years ago

I have to say that as someone that played a bunch of game on the 3 disc verison and now watching a bunch of the 1 disc, I think I actually like the 1 disc better for game play and action.

3 disc was need idea, but 1 disc plays better. I am looking forward to actually playing a 1 disc unit and seeing for sure but the action is better on the 1 disc.

#1571 5 years ago

has this video been posted yet, went online 15 minutes ago on IGN

"6 crazy pinball innovations in JJP POTC"

http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/05/10/6-crazy-pinball-innovations-in-new-pirates-of-the-caribbean-machine

IGN has a video of the proto games tho they did mention the difference with the trunk and disc not being in the real machines. Not sure what 6 innovations they are talking about.

#1572 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

has this video been posted yet, went online 15 minutes ago on IGN
"6 crazy pinball innovations in JJP POTC"
http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/05/10/6-crazy-pinball-innovations-in-new-pirates-of-the-caribbean-machine
IGN has a video of the proto games tho they did mention the difference with the trunk and disc not being in the real machines. Not sure what 6 innovations they are talking about.

Pretty poor video.

#1573 5 years ago

I am so Fing stoked! I can not wait to have a pinball machine delivered in its box! "My first NIB".l I get that fresh from the factory smell with it!

#1574 5 years ago

I still have to say; that from the perspective of viewing the game via video, the map looks terrible compared to the rest of the game. It's a massive splat that just doesn't inspire me. I even purchased these two pictures to go beside my game:

Hoping that it looks vastly different in person.

IMG_5094 (resized).jpgIMG_5094 (resized).jpg

IMG_5095 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_5095 (1) (resized).jpg

#1575 5 years ago

Any shipping estimates yet? Are we weeks, or months out?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1576 5 years ago

Go with months to be safe. Underpromise and overdeliver.....

#1577 5 years ago

Is no one else bothered by the fact that the ship rocks from side to side and not front to back? Sailing ships were built and the rigging braced with forward to back roll in mind, whereas a strong sideways roll could rapidly break her stays and dismast a ship, if she didn't broach to first.

#1578 5 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Is no one else bothered by the fact that the ship rocks from side to side and not front to back? Sailing ships were built and the rigging braced with forward to back roll in mind, whereas a strong sideways roll could rapidly break her stays and dismast a ship, if she didn't broach to first.

I think we can allow some creative license on that.

#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Well that will teach me I gotta play more!

#1580 5 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Any shipping estimates yet? Are we weeks, or months out?

Likely Mid-July.

#1581 5 years ago

Well that will teach me I gotta play more!

I’ve only made it there once or perhaps twice. It is tough to achieve.

#1582 5 years ago

For those who are excited about this game, believe me I am too.

Also, for those who previously had enjoyed the three separate spinning disks, especially if you had a chance to play them while they were functional, which I did at the Texas pinball Festival, the effect was really, really, really cool.

However, as excited as I am for this game, and will still probably get it no matter what, I have to say that while the new live streams showing the new single disc are demonstrating what I assume is their new concept for how they want it to work moving forward... the way that they have it starting, stopping, going one way briefly, stopping, inch, stop, inch, inch stop the other way, I have to say this: If the three spinning disks was a potentially bad long-term mechanism, when I see the new disc spinning in that kind of puttering fashion, it also looks like a broken mech, right off the bat. I'm sorry, but that's how it looks.
In checking out the newest streams, I would think anyone would agree.
Look, I'm just the little guy, the customer that loves to play Pinball, and one of many that's probably about to somehow shell out a mint for this bad boy, but I feel something has just got to change so it doesn't look like it's just constantly struggling, which frankly, it does.

...But the way that it putters one way, stops, struggle putters the other way, inch, inch stop, etc. ...or if not puttering, it's just still...man, for both of those new streams, it does not look like a adequately functioning mechanism, certainly doesn't look awesome, and no one seems to be enjoying it specifically, did you notice that?...and this time, by design?

Again, I know that is how they are coding it and designing it, but that's just not how it looks. I think that anyone stepping up to that game for the first time and seeing the disc spinning the way they have shown it on these last two streams, they would think that that mechanism was not working right, and maybe they would just be too polite to say anything. I may be alone in this interpretation, but probably not.

No matter what, I think it's a cool game, I think all in all they've done and are doing a really cool job with a really cool theme, it looks awesome, I know I'm probably going to get it, a sweet Pirate game, I mean come on, yeah of course we're all interested in that... I just had to say this, cuz I bet that there's other people thinking the same thing. And I absolutely agree with those people who have posted that the current design at that Center disc area could be much improved upon.

#1583 5 years ago

I had the chance to play the fully functional functioning game at the Connecticut showing months ago. I thought the 3 disks actually provided a nice subtle diversion of the ball and looked great.

I haven't logged into pinside for a month or so and wanted to see what developments have happened with JJPotc, so you can imagine my shock at the news.

I was truly planning on getting this game, but now my desire is tempered to the point where I will Probably pass.

I really like JJP and I understand that something non reliable can't be included, but as someone who has closely followed the development of other products (high end audio gear) - and waited years till they got it right and released it, I Feel this type of subtraction from a product with no other additions to make up for it (or a reduction in price) would simply not fly.

I'll just have to enjoy JJPotc on Route and decide what one single game I want to own in the future- maybe a DI.

#1584 5 years ago

Man this pin is losing steam fast.

Gotta be able to announce and start shipping.

#1585 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep, excitement has sailed on this one boys.

#1586 5 years ago

I for one am more excited than ever about pirates after watching the live streams and seeing the progress they're making its looking alot better than I thought it would be and we haven't even got to liars dice video mode and the virtual spinning disc's with all the rewards and plundering which will be great. To "normal " people the ones who are not on pinside when they see this pin on location they will be blown away. You have to think about how much this pin has and not what it hasn't. To the people who three spinning disc's mean so much to them it's not all bad you can still get whirlwind.

#1587 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have to say that as someone that played a bunch of game on the 3 disc verison and now watching a bunch of the 1 disc, I think I actually like the 1 disc better for game play and action.
3 disc was need idea, but 1 disc plays better. I am looking forward to actually playing a 1 disc unit and seeing for sure but the action is better on the 1 disc.

Yes that is perhaps even the better variant of the one Disc but the design of the playfields in the area is not nice.

#1588 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Do you think they should skip the annual game announcement at expo this yr wait till tex 2019 show

#1589 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have to agree. Showing a pinball 7 months ago and it's still not out. I feel like I have already owned it, played it, gotten bored and sold it.

#1590 5 years ago

If not for the removal of the features I don't know if you'd feel this way.

Delayed releases AND feature removal kills momentum. But I'm still excited.

#1591 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yep, excitement has sailed on this one boys.

Later dude!

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Do you think they should skip the annual game announcement at expo this yr wait till tex 2019 show

Yes with a complete game,ready to order and produce

#1593 5 years ago

Ya the wait is way too long. No company should take their potential customers on a roller coaster ride like this. Plus seeing how far Dialed In LE has dropped in price on the resale market has made me get my deposit refunded. I'll play it out in the wild but Stern swooped in and grabbed a lot of money originally slated for potc. That said, it will still be a good game.

#1594 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yes with a complete game,ready to order and produce

Yup....we are an impatient community

Too many other games in the works these days competing with them....need to really shorten the runway from announcement to shipping.

#1595 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have to agree. Showing a pinball 7 months ago and it's still not out. I feel like I have already owned it, played it, gotten bored and sold it.

At least you've had 7 months of ups and downs and you still haven't even seen or played the final product. You might feel the same way after a month or two with IMDN. IMDN was announced, delivered and people got it. There was no build up and anticipation at least with pirates you've seen it grow and evolve.

#1596 5 years ago

Announce next title for Xmas season - no pics and then couple weeks before Texas , show the pics and have some completed machines ready for play at show followed by immediate shipping. This would be a better rollout that would continue to build speculation of features and hype in the community all the way to shipping.

#1597 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

All this will be forgotten when they start shipping I predict. You can't write off JJP, people like their stuff too much IMHO.

#1598 5 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Ya the wait is way too long. No company should take their potential customers on a roller coaster ride like this. Plus seeing how far Dialed In LE has dropped in price on the resale market has made me get my deposit refunded. I'll play it out in the wild but Stern swooped in and grabbed a lot of money originally slated for potc. That said, it will still be a good game.

Lol dile hasnt fallen that much imo? Any 9k pin will b cheaper used ? They are actually holding pretty well(8100-8400) considering its been shipping for a year and they are still making them. Thats a very minimal loss imo.

#1599 5 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

you ruined it for me. when i play it i am gonna be thinking about this.

#1600 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

At least you've had 7 months of ups and downs and you still haven't even seen or played the final product. You might feel the same way after a month or two with IMDN. IMDN was announced, delivered and people got it. There was no build up and anticipation at least with pirates you've seen it grow and evolve.

It is too long of a wait.... there are several factors that compound this delay. First is removal of features frustrates potential buyers and other Mfg's have really stepped up their game and are cranking multiple titles out over this same timeframe. Most only have so much NIB pin money laying around so when the delays start racking up people get antsy and move on. At this point I'm thinking we may know sterns next title before these ship and that isn't good for JJP.

As for watching the buildup and growing of the game over 7 months, as with any product any negativity outweighs the good ten fold, and now it has festered with folks for months.

I really hope these start moving in June! I'm ready for it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.