Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 67.
#1501 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

I keep hearing DI being called a hit I just don't see it being that neather the 150 CE or 2500 LE have sold out I would like to know what numbers are a hit a 1000 games 1500 game ?

Well, I'll speak to what I said, referring to it as a "sleeper hit".

If I look up the definition of that term, wikipedia defines it as:

"In the entertainment industry, a sleeper hit is a title (such as a book, film, song or game) that becomes successful gradually, often with little promotion."

So, by their definition, we're talking about successful. It doesn't necessarily have to light the world on fire, but was it a success for JJP? As opposed to a money loser. It also started slow out of the gate and built fans as more people played it.

I don't think all LEs and CEs have to sell out for it to be a success, and anecdotally we know it has had decent sales.

#1502 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

I keep hearing DI being called a hit I just don't see it being that neather the 150 CE or 2500 LE have sold out I would like to know what numbers are a hit a 1000 games 1500 game ?

After people actually got to play the game its received pretty much universal appraise with a lot of people calling it Pat Lawlors best game. It's a hit.

#1503 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

"In the entertainment industry, a sleeper hit is a title (such as a book, film, song or game) that becomes successful gradually, often with little promotion."

Seems more like a wide awake gradual success to me...

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

So, by their definition, we're talking about successful. It doesn't necessarily have to light the world on fire, but was it a success for JJP? As opposed to a money loser. It also started slow out of the gate and built fans as more people played it.
I don't think all LEs and CEs have to sell out for it to be a success, and anecdotally we know it has had decent sales.

You should be a politician you said a whole lot but never answered the question LOL

#1505 1 year ago

I played Pirarates for the first time this weekend at Pinfest. The game looks incredible. Love the playfield artwork. The cabinet, hmmmm not so much. The flippers were weak so hard to make the ramp shots. It had the 3 spinning disk which worked. It really made the ball go all over the place. It's a well built pinball. But, before I get one, I need to see how the single disk compares to the triple. When are these suppose to start shipping?

#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

I thought the CE were however many they had orders for by 12/31/17, not 150. So unless JJP has moved the post, the CE are sold out.

#1507 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

When are these suppose to start shipping?

Eric says early June. Butch supposedly said August. I say use JJP's track record split the difference toward Butch - mid July.

#1508 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I thought the CE were however many they had orders for by 12/31/17, not 150. So unless JJP has moved the post, the CE are sold out.

Still available at distributors so no not sold out and the number was a even 150

#1510 1 year ago

Anything over 1,000 games is a huge hit these days.

#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

Pinside number as of right now are indicative I think. My best guess is that pinside accounts for 70% of all route based games and a wild guess but maybe 40-50% of all collector based games. Just WAGs but based on real world observations and trends over time.
Owners/ On route:
DI 363/87
TH 515/89
WOZ 1010/145

To me I would guess real world that DI has sold 1000, TH 1500 and WoZ 2000.

I would say in all 3 cases that those are hits, esp with DI being a non-licensed game that appears to be selling very well as time goes on. I predict it will slowly but surely surpass total numbers of TH in the next year and may even reach WoZ in the longer term since it seems to also be a steady (not great but good and consistent) earner on route along with being liked by players/collectors in the home environment.

Just for the fun of it to compare relative numbers on some recent Sterns
GOTG pro and prem/le combine 190/123
SW combined 516/288
Aero combined 356/197

Any game selling better than GOTG and as good as Aero, while closing in on SW (a hit theme if there ever was one) = a hit in my book.

#1512 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pinside number as of right now are indicative I think. My best guess is that pinside accounts for 70% of all route based games and a wild guess but maybe 40-50% of all collector based games. Just WAGs but based on real world observations and trends over time.
Owners/ On route:
DI 363/87
TH 515/89
WOZ 1010/145
I would say in all 3 cases that those are hits, esp with DI being a non-licensed game that appears to be selling very well as time goes on. I predict it will slowly but surely surpass total numbers of TH in the next year and may even reach WoZ in the longer term since it seems to also be a steady (not great but good and consistent) earner on route along with being liked by players/collectors in the home environment.

I'd say you are close Hilton, except my WAG on Woz would be around the 3k-3500 range

#1513 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd say you are close Hilton, except my WAG on Woz would be around the 3k-3500 range

Agree...WOZ has sold all 1000 numbered standards plus some more non-numbered standards, all the 1000 ECLEs, and probably close to if not more than 1000 Ruby Red editions.

#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah I figured WOZ I was shooting low and reality is that game is likely a bit of an anomaly of Pinside data vs real world best guess. Given the long cycle and sales platform and also how many went into homes with only 1 or a few pins combined with the steady increase on route over the years, the data is likely skewed under on Pinside reported numbers vs reality.

#1515 1 year ago

also just for fun and posterity on this date Iron Maiden already has combined
127/37

I expect that number to grow quickly as LEs/Prems hit homes in the coming month.

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

also just for fun and posterity on this date Iron Maiden already has combined
127/37
I expect that number to grow quickly as LEs/Prems hit homes in the coming month.

IMDN will be a sales juggernaut!

#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I thought the CE were however many they had orders for by 12/31/17, not 150.

That was for Dialed In ( 12/31/16 ) JJPPOTC CE is limited to 200.

LTG : )

#1518 1 year ago

The fact that hobbit black arrow is being made means they sold all 1500 LEs..
Then smaug is 0 to 1500
And some black arrows...
I think hobbit would be about 2k unit's plus

#1519 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Then smaug is 0 to 1500
And some black arrows...

Yeah my estimates may be low. The relative numbers are what is interesting. I see no reason to think reported numbers are different from JJP to Stern so the comparisons are insightful and enough for me to say DI is a hit in todays world.

#1520 1 year ago

In late January JJP ordered DILE plaques starting with the 1000 number +. I waited for my requested numbered plaque above 1000 and was asked (back in November) if I could wait until they were ready to order that series of numbers. I'm guessing they are over 1200 DILEs by now ... I still see some new LEs with numbers below 1000 though so that could be an over estimate for LEs.

Played JJPOTC again last weekend at VFW. Very nice pin in all categories. Going on my list for Santa.

#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

In late January JJP ordered DILE plaques starting with the 1000 number +. I waited for my requested numbered plaque above 1000 and was asked (back in November) if I could wait until they were ready to order that series of numbers. I'm guessing they are over 1200 DILEs by now ... I still see some new LEs with numbers below 1000 though so that could be an over estimate for LEs.
Played JJPOTC again last weekend at VFW. Very nice pin in all categories. Going on my list for Santa.

My DILE #0583 was manufactured in Jan 2018

#1522 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

My DILE #0583 was manufactured in Jan 2018

I got #24 and it was made 3 weeks ago so it seems like how LE games are numbered may be random, lol.

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

That was for Dialed In ( 12/31/16 ) JJPPOTC CE is limited to 200.
LTG : )

That's what the original post was referring to, Dialed In (in a jjPotC thread). So I don't know where he got the 150 number because Jack was making as many CEs as he had orders for by Dec 31, 2016 (I put 17). So technically the CEs were sold out as far as JJP was concerned when the last one rolled off the line.

#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

I keep hearing DI being called a hit I just don't see it

When a brand new original pin is sitting in the top 10 i call that a hit

IMG_20180508_123729 (resized).jpg

#1525 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Finally got to play this today. Stood in line for an hour watching it so got to see quite a bit.
It’s going to be interesting to see how long these stay in people’s collections.
Talking to several people at the show, the impression I got is you either love it or hate it.
I think the code needs to be developed so there is a little more immersion to the theme as several mentioned earlier.
Even though no games can really ever be the same,the chapters and multiballs even though named differently and score differently all feel the same visually.
Music and callouts are good and it really is a nice looking machine.
I like it so keeping my order but it sure helps that I’m a fan of the franchise in general.
There are some clever and difficult shots with the layout and cool subway system so from a shooting perspective it is pretty good.
Something with the theming is just slightly off though in my opinion. I think it’s little things they can tweak without infringing in licensing issues so hopefully this evolves a bit more.
Just my 2 cents!

That would be cool as unique for sure

I'd say a huge part of anyone that played it and don't like it was due to how broke it was. I waited to play it as well. The old triple disc worked better then the rocking ship. The rocking ship was broke to one side. Never shifted to the other side. So it made the upper pf useless and no fun. Then the treasure chest was unmakable. Which not only takes out dvey Jones locker MB. But also hurts on completing some of the chapters because the chest shot is a part of those. . .

#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What about drunken sailor mode with opposite flippers, the pin does need a bit more humour. Arrr frenzy is a good start.

Can you imagine with a wide body? Ouch!

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I'd say a huge part of anyone that played it and don't like it was due to how broke it was. I waited to play it as well. The old triple disc worked better then the rocking ship. The rocking ship was broke to one side. Never shifted to the other side. So it made the upper pf useless and no fun. Then the treasure chest was unmakable. Which not only takes out dvey Jones locker MB. But also hurts on completing some of the chapters because the chest shot is a part of those. . .

That's sort of good? They can now see the weak points and fix them -hopefully. That's the benefit of a long time in the field testing.

#1528 1 year ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Can you imagine with a wide body? Ouch!

I can...ever played WOZ?

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's sort of good? They can now see the weak points and fix them -hopefully. That's the benefit of a long time in the field testing.

That is a prototype pin so it has the old chest and that is why they said that they have changed it, to make that shot doable as often as possible.

The disc, the same, as we are all aware.

Can't speak to the upper PF on their behalf but I haven't read anything that suggests changes from that version of the rocking mech. Maybe someone else can ring in. There has been quite a few that suggests that it be altered to be a 'smoother' rocking motion and others that would like to see it stop sometimes. Not sure how that would work as it would have to be triggered before the ball made it's way up there. Possible with the skill shot but not sure when made with the right ramp. (IE: the timing to sense the ball on the ramp and to start moving the ship - the ship would have to rock to the left first as to not dump the ball off of the right, right way. This could be why it just always rocks.(?))

#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I got #24 and it was made 3 weeks ago so it seems like how LE games are numbered may be random, lol.

Always thought that this was just dumb. It is completely random, what is the point of that? My WOZECLE is 673/1000 and was a fairly early run. It could just say 'limited run of 1000'. That would be more accurate.

#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Those were both working fine on Friday when I got my chance at it. Even managed to lock a few balls in the chest.

I’m hoping this machine doesn’t turn into a maintenance pig though with all these random things appearing to break so frequently. I think this is the second or third time I’ve heard of the ship not fully functioning.

#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That is a prototype pin so it has the old chest and that is why they said that they have changed it, to make that shot doable as often as possible.
The disc, the same, as we are all aware.
Can't speak to the upper PF on their behalf but I haven't read anything that suggests changes from that version of the rocking mech. Maybe someone else can ring in. There has been quite a few that suggests that it be altered to be a 'smoother' rocking motion and others that would like to see it stop sometimes. Not sure how that would work as it would have to be triggered before the ball made it's way up there. Possible with the skill shot but not sure when made with the right ramp. (IE: the timing to sense the ball on the ramp and to start moving the ship - the ship would have to rock to the left first as to not dump the ball off of the right, right way. This could be why it just always rocks.(?))

I thought on JJP stream 8/9 one of the guys mentioned the possibility of the ship rocking speed becoming variable in the future where in certain chapters.

#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Owners/ On route:
DI 363/87
TH 515/89
WOZ 1010/145
Just for the fun of it to compare relative numbers on some recent Sterns
GOTG pro and prem/le combine 190/123
SW combined 516/288
Aero combined 356/197
Any game selling better than GOTG and as good as Aero, while closing in on SW (a hit theme if there ever was one) = a hit in my book.

I find it funny you use GOTG,SW,AERO as hits because as all three regularly get trashed on Pinside

#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Then smaug is 0 to 1500
And some black arrows...

Yet no one calls TH a hit

#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

That's what the original post was referring to, Dialed In (in a jjPotC thread). So I don't know where he got the 150 number because Jack was making as many CEs as he had orders for by Dec 31, 2016 (I put 17). So technically the CEs were sold out as far as JJP was concerned when the last one rolled off the line.

The CE games are sold out when you can no longer buy one NIB

#1536 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

I find it funny you use GOTG,SW,AERO as hits because as all three regularly get trashed on Pinside

Really? Seems like since the code was pretty much completed that the feedback regarding Star Wars has been great. GOTG has been hammered due to lack of actor audio callouts and a rather bare premium / LE offering. Aerosmith doesn't seem like it gets bashed, just that it doesn't get talked about a lot.

I would consider a pinball machine to be a hit if it's received near universal appraise since we don't have confirmed sales numbers. From Stern that would be ACDC, Metallica, and Star Trek to name a few. Batman 66, Walking Dead? No. Doesn't mean those games are bad but they haven't been as well received as the other 3 I mentioned. Maybe time will change that.

#1537 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Then smaug is 0 to 1500
And some black arrows...

Maybe the LE sales slowed down so much that JJP decided to create Black Arrow decals to help push out the machines that had no buyers. In other words, maybe some of the machines which were destined to be LEs were transformed into Black Arrows.

Is it possible that not all of the 1,500 LEs were even built?

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Maybe the LE sales slowed down so much that JJP decided to create Black Arrow decals to help push out the machines that had no buyers. In other words, maybe some of the machines which were destined to be LEs were transformed into Black Arrows.

I think that was exactly how Jack pitched it at Expo when it was announced.

#1539 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I thought on JJP stream 8/9 one of the guys mentioned the possibility of the ship rocking speed becoming variable in the future where in certain chapters.

Eric told me that it would rock at different roll angle and speeds with the production model, depending on what game mode or multiball it was in. Probably only a few modes would change the rocking motion.

#1540 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Eric told me that it would rock at different roll angle and speeds with the production model, depending on what game mode or multiball it was in. Probably only a few modes would change the rocking motion.

That’s cool and changes it up a bit.

I do think I would like it it if the ship didn’t rock all the time though, gets kind of annoying. Maybe have it sitting level when static and have it tied to some sort of super spinner mode on the ship where you try to keep hammering away at the spinners to raise the sails or a pirate flag or something.
Or the scene where they are raising the net filled with rum and gun powder to try to kill the kraken. Hammer the spinners and make a certain shot which is sparrow firing the gun at the powder keg.

So many cool things that could be done

#1541 1 year ago

Man it’s already been said but it would’ve been better to have this pin further along before showing.
I cant help but wonder what a non licensed Pirate theme like Black Rose would’ve been like

#1542 1 year ago

Mmh, been following JJPPOTC for a while, started off really excited but I think I'm done now... final product doesn't look much more than a ripoff of Black Rose. Going to invest elsewhere, sorry JJP.

#1543 1 year ago
Quoted from thedoctor:

Mmh, been following JJPPOTC for a while, started off really excited but I think I'm done now... final product doesn't look much more than a ripoff of Black Rose. Going to invest elsewhere, sorry JJP.

Invest?

#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from thedoctor:

#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

The CE games are sold out when you can no longer buy one NIB

.. at least in Germany some CE buyers gave back the contract ... so if someone wants a CE, he will get a CE !

#1546 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

I would also call it a snowball hit (DI). The more people see and PLAY it, the more it sells... was my case and quite a lot of other ones here.

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from thedoctor:

doesn't look much more than a ripoff of Black Rose.

You must know a different black rose to the one I'm thinking of.

#1548 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You must know a different black rose to the one I'm thinking of.

Yeah no shit!

#1549 1 year ago

I will say DI is a awesome pinball ! I play every single game and it is a great pin . The theme is a little different , but I keep wanting to hit start and I am always smiling . I really think standard bodies is where it’s at . I think pirates will be a cool game but I’ll wait to see what the final game is and maybe wait to hear the next theme.

#1550 1 year ago

Got a chance to play pirates with the multi-directional disk, and it did very little to the ball. I would argue that a single disk will be just as good if not better. Game was really fun to play, and it has a TON of mechs and toys. I Can’t get past Jonny depp’s face on the PF though. An original theme, even involving pirates, and I’d have my order in. Bummer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
12,500 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
San Jose, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside