IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 67.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure its gonna still be a great game, no doubt about it, and I'll keep my preorder for now BUT I can't see dropping $12,500 on a CE after this.

B99EEB49-204D-4B9D-9AB5-C22CBF317EC5 (resized).jpegB99EEB49-204D-4B9D-9AB5-C22CBF317EC5 (resized).jpeg

#102 6 years ago

Disappointing news to hear especially at the price but i hope the game will be more durable and play better like they said with the new changes.

#103 6 years ago

Drats!!!! Not what I was expecting, but will wait for a bit before bailing...really wanted that disc, as I'm sure Eric did.....

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Totally different way they work.... balls come in from underneath from a fork diverter which also raised the lid at same time. There were alot of rejects bc of the lid...so. now it just stays open so it works 100 percent.

What does that matter to the customer when the end result is a mech that opens and closes versus one that does not? Especially when it’s priced significantly higher?

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

What does that matter to the customer when the end result is a mech that opens and closes versus one that does not? Especially when it’s priced significantly higher?

Yeah, they really need to either lower the price or add something to make up for all these downgrades.

#106 6 years ago

Remove the features as suggested now and drop the price $500. Fix the engineering for the mechs and re-release the game as the black pearl package next year for $9500 and sell the upgrades as a kit for $1000 to original owners. Don’t give up on the masterpiece this game could be, and keep a viable product to sell now. Win - Win.

#107 6 years ago

I always thought that right ramp should have a diverter and not always feed the mini playfield. I have no skin in this game, but if I did and could change 1 thing, that would be it.

Rob

#108 6 years ago

No problem JJP, you can easily appease the armchair designers ...
add more barnacles.

8161BE2B-319D-422E-A9CC-3D088D706928 (resized).jpeg8161BE2B-319D-422E-A9CC-3D088D706928 (resized).jpeg

#109 6 years ago

Very disappointing and why I never pre order. JJP fucked up, just putting out this video with no replacement mechs, price drops, etc is dumb.

#110 6 years ago

I'm likely passing on POTC now and will probably buy a Dialed In LE instead...so JJP will still get my money, lol.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm likely passing on POTC now and will probably buy a Dialed In LE instead so JJP will still get my money, lol.

Dile is excellent and still my favorite after 8 month's.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Very disappointing and why I never pre order. JJP fucked up, just putting out this video with no replacement mechs, price drops, etc is dumb.

Good news is all deposits are refundable...

#114 6 years ago

Hoping some how this is simply a delayed April fools joke or that Eric is just a funny guy at heart. Plan to verify that I can and most likely will pull my CE order with this news. CGC your up! Unless of coarse your going to reveal Monster Bash with muppets instead of monsters at production. This is just plain crap news. I do feel for Eric, Joe, and Keith because they have Clearly put their lives into this game but this is just an epic fail. Trunk sure, but the spinning map converted to Dominos pizza art is just no go for 12.5! The game at 257 played great and the randomness of the spinning disks even while not Programmed was just plain cool! Please say this is just a joke!!! Change the start of your video from Arrrrhhhgg to Umphhhhhh!

#115 6 years ago

Bummer - played about 50 games on the prototype and really came to like the looks and functions of the 3 disks. This new disk is brutal looking and is smack in the middle - not like it's in a back corner where not as noticeable.

Huge regroup for me now from yesterday where I was planning to sell my Stern POTC to help fund either a DILE or JJPPOTC. Today I played Iron Maiden and really was wowed by the game and thought chit - now I have 3 choices. After these unfortunate changes with no corresponding price drop I am keeping my Stern POTC and down to getting DILE or Iron Maiden - Pro or Prem. Man what a whirlwind in 12 hours.

I really like Eric and his enthusiasm and feel just terrible for him. However a lot of people put down $ or were holding off buying something else based on how JJ POTC turned out/finally is released and the reality is there is a lot of competition now which is good for us but not good for the manufacture charging the highest prices to make these change outs so late in the game and just pass it off the game will work better. I am sure it will. But the premium price justification went out the door - for me at least. Darn it - sad for everyone all around.

#116 6 years ago

Have I moved into a parallel universe?

Stern adds features back into it's Pro - metal rails etc.

JJP starts removing mechs from their game!

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yep, welcome to the Twilight Zone. If they removed the CLOCK!

#118 6 years ago

Meanwhile it looks like Eddy is going to crush all that stand in his way......

#119 6 years ago

Meanwhile it looks like Eddy is going to crush all that stand in his way......

Just with they wld show the premium so i can order lol

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just with they wld show the premium so i can order lol

Maybe they are stripping all the Premier features off of it before the unveil! lol

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Maybe they are stripping all the Premier features off of it before the unveil! lol

Lol... i hope not sterns are allready relativity stripped compared to my current b/w and jjp pins .

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hoping some how this is simply a delayed April fools joke or that Eric is just a funny guy at heart. Plan to verify that I can and most likely will pull my CE order with this news. CGC your up! Unless of coarse your going to reveal Monster Bash with muppets instead of monsters at production. This is just plain crap news. I do feel for Eric, Joe, and Keith because they have Clearly put their lives into this game but this is just an epic fail. Trunk sure, but the spinning map converted to Dominos pizza art is just no go for 12.5! The game at 257 played great and the randomness of the spinning disks even while not Programmed was just plain cool! Please say this is just a joke!!! Change the start of your video from Arrrrhhhgg to Umphhhhhh!

Pizzagate.

Eric was really proud of that mech so hard to believe he made this decision. More likely the bean counters.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's the new spinning disk. There's no lights on it. The original spinning 3x spinning disk looked amazing. This new one instead looks pretty ugly, the decal on it doesn't go with the rest of the game in my opinion. Bummer

That looks like shit and makes NO sense

#124 6 years ago

Just throwing this out there because I don’t know if it would work but. What about magnets driving the the disks and only having two spinning disks. I am thinking something along the lines of the maglev train. Disks would still only spin one way and would not need a huge driver to operate this.

#125 6 years ago

Really hope they keep the tripple spinning discs and the opening/closing lid, this is a huge step backwards!
On the lid why not put a clear stationary lid on top of the chest so the opening/closing does not interfere with the ball. Personally I love things moving and interacting while playing and hate to see these things removed. All my pinball friends have been talking about the 3 spinning discs since this was shown first time and love them. Please don’t take away these toys it has to be possible to redesign and make them work. If they add something cool instead I will be fine wit that but at this point I doubt it.

#126 6 years ago

I think this could be a winner with a little more time for R&D. I think the spinning disks were a big part of this extremely cool pin!

A8586069-4AA9-4D69-B448-0835050FED9E (resized).pngA8586069-4AA9-4D69-B448-0835050FED9E (resized).png

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I’m out...again...still trying to get my first nib
1. Hobbit due to massive delays
2. Alien due to a boy and his boat
3. Pirates due to missing Q1 shipping & now this
Looks like I’ll be ripping open that Maiden pro box...spike and all

Have you played Batman 66 or Houdini?...Pretty solid games

#128 6 years ago

me (resized).jpgme (resized).jpg

#129 6 years ago

I'm not pleased at the moment as I've paid in full for the LE. I locked in the $9500 USD to CDN back in January. From a currency conversion perspective that was a good thing.

I would like to wait and see what happens. There certainly should be some type of concession price-wise if the changes result in getting less than expected.

Good to hear that the physical call lock remains and I can live without the lid movement I guess.

I can't see the disc well enough but that is a big loss and we lose the lighted inserts. Let's see what happens...

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

As a replacement for removed mechs I would suggest making the right ramp have a diverter to go back to the right flipper some of the time instead of always going to the rocking upper playfield.

I haven't had the opportunity to play the game yet but this was always my concern and seems like it could have been an easy tweak and really speed the game up. Too bad it didn't make the revision list.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I'm not pleased at the moment as I've paid in full for the LE. I locked in the $9500 USD to CDN back in January. From a currency conversion perspective that was a good thing.
I would like to wait and see what happens. There certainly should be some type of concession price-wise if the changes result in getting less than expected.
Good to hear that the physical call lock remains and I can live without the lid movement I guess.
I can't see the disc well enough but that is a big loss and we lose the lighted inserts. Let's see what happens...

Both threads are heating up... A lot of unhappy Pinheads

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-second-guessing-their-jjp-potc-preorder

#132 6 years ago

I'm just so bummed out. I was so psyched for this game.

Blows my mind that the cost is the same after removing the central point and attention grabber of the game, at least for me

#133 6 years ago

The triple disk was definitely a premium feature that JJP hyped up big time for this game, and I thought was super cool. A big, disappointing loss. Releasing an unreliable mech that always broke down would have been a bigger mistake, though. The chest, while cool, isn't as big of a deal in my opinion.

Terrible for JJP's reputation. They better do something, and soon, to compensate, like drop the price of the machine.

I also hope this incident makes them reconsider how they announce games in future.

Big JJP fan (own WOZ and DILE), so I wish them the best, but this is a pretty bad blunder.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Ok. Well you got me on the fine print legal speak I guess...but you have to admit that no one was expecting major mechs to be revised to the point where one (the trunk) is now going to look broken stuck open.
I mean we have 2 games now with opening and closing trunks that cost far less.

It actually said it in big bold font on their site and promotional literature. Those chests are a different design. Cost saving would be negligible on that. There's no reason to change it except reliability / making the game better ... and from everything I've seen and played, rejected shots were a continuing problem.

#135 6 years ago

I agree with all the statements. It's not like they changed the way a plastic looks. It's not like they went with black rubbers instead of white. This change is massive. Not sure what else to say.

#136 6 years ago

The pin definitely had some serious innovation going for it and I can see that they obviously didn’t anticipate all the potential problems.
The problem is that after waiting quite some time for production to begin, and many people with deposits in, I feel that presenting major changes like this is understandably disappointing.
Yes, I know, pinball production is hard, but this is a premium toy with a premium price, so pulling the plug on these features after sitting on peoples money is a step backwards for JJP.
Let’s be realistic, most people are not going to see their machine for six months to a year from now, so at this point it’s fair for people to be somewhat pissed off.

#137 6 years ago

No actor video, no movie music, two interactive toys scraped and the playfield looks now like it comes with a small pizza.
Are there any toys left than the rocking mini-PF? They should atleast come up with some cool replacements soon and not just
take away cool mechs.

#138 6 years ago

I held off on a Dialed In all this time because of this game, that's what really pisses me off. Now I'm not so thrilled about giving JJP any of my money to be honest.

#139 6 years ago

A free CE topper fot everybody !!!

#140 6 years ago

The way this is being received, it's really making me wonder if this is gonna be the downfall of JJP. All over a spinning disk toy and a trunk with an opening lid. But i guess in the world of pinball, those can be the things that make or break you. There's gotta be at least 10-15 people in this thread that appear to be cancelling now. I guess it's better they nipped the problem in the bud now instead of having hundreds of games with faulty mechs to deal with.

#141 6 years ago

Amazing to me that it took so long to figure out these features are not going to work. Pretty poor to show off a game so early, collect money on orders, then make major changes to the game especially with the super premium prices. Shouldn't the price change now that the game features changed?

#142 6 years ago

Agima2000 made this post on FlipperMarkt. German first - translated underneath. Sounds legit.

----

Die Scheiben an sich würden ja funktionieren.

Das Hauptproblem war jedoch die Übertragung von einem mini Zahnrad auf die Scheiben.
Jedes blockieren und durchdrehen führ dort unweigerlich zum zerstören des Zahnkranzes und damit war es das mit drehen.

Das hätte man von Grund auf mit Zahnriemen konstruieren müssen, etwas aufwendiger, dafür haltbarer.

------

The discs themselves would work.

The main problem, however, was the transmission of a mini gear to the discs.
Each block and spin inevitably lead to the destruction of the sprocket and that's what it was all about.

That would have had to be constructed from the ground up with toothed belts, something more elaborate, but more durable.

#143 6 years ago

That updated single disc art looks terrible dead center of your new machine. After dashing the dreams of those of us who put faith in the design day 1 by purchasing or putting money down on it and with all the delays and changes in production, compensations must be considered Jack. You take that much out of the pin and line your pocket with more with each machine sold, that's not right.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It actually said it in big bold font on their site and promotional literature. Those chests are a different design. Cost saving would be negligible on that. There's no reason to change it except reliability / making the game better ... and from everything I've seen and played, rejected shots were a continuing problem.

The writing on my Depost check didn’t say Promotional purchase!

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm likely passing on POTC now and will probably buy a Dialed In LE instead...so JJP will still get my money, lol.

We love our Dialed In. Get a Dialed In now, wait on POTC

#146 6 years ago

Moving triple disc to that = out for me....a sad day, and another CE spot for someone......really, really wanted this pin.....mark

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Moving triple disc to that = out for me....a sad day, and another CE spot for someone......really, really wanted this pin.....mark

Completely agreed. CGC your up! By the time their done the game will have 2 flippers and a tub toy for a ship.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

"Pizzas of the Caribbean "

LOL

#149 6 years ago

Got the CE in order not to stare at Depp.
Now I stare at Pizza the Hut

#150 6 years ago

I am out don’t want any pizza spinner on my game ( was going to be my first JJP ) just a sad day !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.