IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 67.
#1402 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

New apron art looks good. We got our ship battle!
Hopefully we get some maelstrom video battle action!

Where did you see the new apron art?

#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Where did you see the new apron art?

The stream from JJP today.

#1404 5 years ago

Twitch tv.
Should be uploaded to YouTube tomorrow or possibly tonight.

#1405 5 years ago

Game is looking sweet! Good job jjp.

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The stream from JJP today.

Great . . . thanks!

#1407 5 years ago

Already on youtube:

#1408 5 years ago

I like the boats, but would have made them in the blue, feel like orange is just too much. Personal choice.

#1409 5 years ago

disc is real small. dont think they had the playfields already cut for the 3 disc spinner or is that a spacer on the outer part of the disc?

#1410 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I like the boats, but would have made them in the blue, feel like orange is just too much. Personal choice.

I tend to agree when I first saw it I thought it kind of clashed. It's not terrible. Ships are cool tho.

#1411 5 years ago

I think it ties the game together, orange apron, orange disc and orange-ish upper playfield.

#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I agree, blue would seemingly fit better...maybe that will happen?

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I agree, blue would seemingly fit better...maybe that will happen?

Old one was blue, you could ask for that.

#1414 5 years ago

I like the ships on the apron but the orange and yellow in the back ground looks terrible and takes away from the playfield, needs to be darker, like a storm scene with lightning bolts or a moon lit night. Unlike the spinning disc's this is an easy fix. Hopefully it will change at least for the ce.

#1415 5 years ago

I always dislike the low scoring on JJP and Stern games. It seems Stern has adjusted the last few games and maybe JJP could as well.

#1416 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I always dislike the low scoring on JJP and Stern games. It seems Stern has adjusted the last few games and maybe JJP could as well.

Yep, we need manly #AFM style scores

#1417 5 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Yep, we need manly #AFM style scores

Does not have to be like that, you know what I mean.

#1418 5 years ago

there should be a high scoring option.

#1419 5 years ago

Does not have to be like that, you know what I mean.

Exaggeration on my part. Millions are fine.

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The trap door is fine all you have to do is bend a piece of metal.

just to precise that this issue happened just 1-2 days after unboxing...so JJP seems to have a great testing service.
VUK gets also issue of rejecting ball, ball jumping over arch left ramp (need to fix with a wire), ball launcher issue (mech is too high, my guess is the house drilled in cab is bad, need to be lower), sim card shot issue...
DIY has some limits on NIB 10k games

#1421 5 years ago

Another great stream! POTC is starting to come across as a very complete game. It's cool seeing the games software expand each week with new things being added. The new apron artwork looks pretty slick, the orange tones should blend in well with the new map artwork as well as the backglass.

#1422 5 years ago

They finally put in a clip of a ship being blowen up - hooray !!! But it's for a special? and not for sinking a ship with a canon? Come on fellas sort this out.

#1423 5 years ago

JJP has responded to the apron art work criticisms but many are objecting to their choice of colors. I have to say please include me as one who does not like the orange; it just jumps out too much and garishly distracts from the game's overall appearance. The play field should be the first thing one sees, not the apron. I find my eyes drawn immediately to the 'orange' apron. I hope that they go back to the original colors and/or design. I know that 'art is always in the eye of the beholder' but in my opinion the original color choice is much better than the new one. If they leave it 'as is', maybe someone will offer a 'mod' for the apron; I hope so because I really dislike the orange.

#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

there should be a high scoring option.

This is perfect!
Scores: Standards [Standard/Crazy/Extreme!]

Crazy just adds 3x 0's to the end of every score (including current high scores etc). Extreme! adds 6x 0's to the end of everything. If you turn it off everything goes back down to normal.

Edit: To comment on the apron discussion. I like it, I think it pulls together the transition from the map coloring into the deeps at the back of the pin. Strikes a sense of shore to ocean deeps.

#1425 5 years ago

Now that everyone has moved on from the disc, you all are complaining about the apron color!? Not having enough zeros?! What next? That it has 4 legs?

Awesome to see the code mature with each stream. This will be a great game when complete.

#1426 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Now that everyone has moved on from the disc, you all are complaining about the apron color!? Not having enough zeros?! What next? That it has 4 legs?
Awesome to see the code mature with each stream. This will be a great game when complete.

This is a pinball forum where we talk about pinball. Do you like the blue or the orange color better? I prefer blue, but I love the ship design. That’s a legitimate discussion, not a bitch.

I agree that the complaint about the low scoring is a total bitchfest though!!!

#1427 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

This is a pinball forum where we talk about pinball. Do you like the blue or the orange color better? I prefer blue, but I love the ship design. That’s a legitimate discussion, not a bitch.
I agree that the complaint about the low scoring is a total bitchfest though!!!

Some of the best sports games have low scoring at times, just would be nice to see it change at times in games too.

#1428 5 years ago

Orange apron decal needs the color adjusted. But first, decal needs to be ditched for a backlit plastic with same images. Key is lighting it from underneath.

#1429 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They finally put in a clip of a ship being blowen up - hooray !!! But it's for a special? and not for sinking a ship with a canon? Come on fellas sort this out.

I didn't notice this clip, where does it happen?

And yes, something needs to happen when you shoot the ship with a cannon. Not sure what but it is pretty blah at the moment. Cool toy needs more immersion!

And when you hit the maelstrom ramp there should be something from the maelstrom scene in movie. Without characters of course!

#1430 5 years ago

I could just watch those onscreen graphics all day. Really nice work with the display guys, really nice.
The game is coming along beautifully. Hope to play it at pinfest tomorrow.

#1431 5 years ago

All fine but please please add some inserts or/and better artwork instead this pizza in the middle. Let the disc out, nobody will miss it but please change the art !
It looks wrong ... for a proto okaym but for a final machine around 10K .... horrible.

#1432 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

#1433 5 years ago

The game looks like a lot of fun...and I love the fact that they’re doing regular streams showing new things and tweaks. I personally prefer the lower scores. I love the ship artwork on the apron, but I agree that it seems a bit bright. The star map is a fantastic feature too. I’ll finally get to try it out at 257 next week (even though it’s the 3-spinner version). Living in the middle of Wyoming makes it tricky to get to play games in the wild...so, needless to say, I’ll probably cab it right there from the airport once I land on Tuesday.

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

All fine but please please add some inserts or/and better artwork instead this pizza in the middle. Let the disc out, nobody will miss it but please change the art !
It looks wrong ... for a proto okaym but for a final machine around 10K .... horrible.

Where have you been that ship has sailed

#1435 5 years ago

Just played the three disc version and they did not work good at all. Probably a smart move for JJP to take it out.

IMG_1156 (resized).JPGIMG_1156 (resized).JPG

#1436 5 years ago

JJP after reading the comments about the new apron:

#1437 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

JJP after reading the comments about the new apron:

Doubt it...well, maybe a little!

In any case, we all just want this game to be the best it can be. JJP is a company that seems to listen and react to its customers wants. Doesn’t hurt to try either way. Sometimes reading text can take on a different tone than speech. I think we all like the change in art, but prefer a color that doesn’t make the apron pop out from the rest of the game. If this is final it’s not the end of the world either.

My personal complaint about the game is the modes: none of them feel unique to me. There is 100+ modes but none that I’ve seen have any personality. Maybe that is present when playing the game in person? Hopefully, because at this point it seems to be just a stepping stone to the multiballs and not really unique experiences. Maybe the lack of video assets contribute to this feeling. In any case, I really like everything else about the game. Hope to play one in person soon!

#1438 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I didn't notice this clip, where does it happen?

At the 58 minute mark.

Quoted from arcadem:JJP has responded to the apron art work criticisms

What did they say?

If the surround is darker it makes really makes the colors on the playfield "pop" alot more.

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What did they say?

I think he means that the orange apron is a response to the criticisms of the blue apron.
So they are being criticized for responding to the criticisms, they really can't win.

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I think he means that the orange apron is a response to the criticisms of the blue apron.
So they are being criticized for responding to the criticisms, they really can't win.

OK ,got it

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

In any case, we all just want this game to be the best it can be. JJP is a company that seems to listen and react to its customers wants. Doesn’t hurt to try either way. Sometimes reading text can take on a different tone than speech. I think we all like the change in art, but prefer a color that doesn’t make the apron pop out from the rest of the game. If this is final it’s not the end of the world either.
My personal complaint about the game is the modes: none of them feel unique to me. There is 100+ modes but none that I’ve seen have any personality. Maybe that is present when playing the game in person? Hopefully, because at this point it seems to be just a stepping stone to the multiballs and not really unique experiences. Maybe the lack of video assets contribute to this feeling. In any case, I really like everything else about the game. Hope to play one in person soon!

Well said. All the multiballs and modes/chapters do feel the same and it has to be the video assets or the lack of assets that are specifically relevant to the movie/chapter you are playing. Not sure.

This game is very multiball heavy as well.

#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

Just played the three disc version and they did not work good at all. Probably a smart move for JJP to take it out.

Is this at Allentown in Joe's booth?

#1443 5 years ago

Does anyone know how many balls are in the machine.

#1444 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Does anyone know how many balls are in the machine.

Yes...5 balls

#1445 5 years ago

Thanks, I was hoping for 6. It doesn't really matter I just think more the merrier

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

No it was at automated in Connecticut.

#1447 5 years ago

The stream looks really good. But $8500 good? Not so sure. The spinning disk looks cool when spinning but does very little to the ball.
Does the boat ever stop rocking side to side? Maybe code can alter the repetition and have it move more naturally.

#1448 5 years ago

They showed the LE in the stream so thats $9500.

Quoted from SilverBallz:

The stream looks really good. But $8500 good? Not so sure. The spinning disk looks cool when spinning but does very little to the ball.
Does the boat ever stop rocking side to side? Maybe code can alter the repetition and have it move more naturally.

#1449 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

According to his last facebook feed he will have 2 POTC's there with the rest of the lineup.

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Quoted from Psw757:

Well said. All the multiballs and modes/chapters do feel the same and it has to be the video assets or the lack of assets that are specifically relevant to the movie/chapter you are playing. Not sure.
This game is very multiball heavy as well.

I agree. The multiballs and modes all feel similar due to the lack of licensed assets such as film actor audio and film actor video. There are 100+ modes but they are not on the same level of say Hobbit book modes that feature video and audio clips (with the actors) along with the audio "stingers" that David Theil added that are played when shots are made within a book mode.

In POTC I can get a mode called "Hello Poppet" and I see a vague video clip at the start with no actors from the film. There's no way to relate the 5 second clip and the shots to what is happening in the movie scene that the mode is based on. Same goes with multiballs with them all feeling similar as there's nothing visually, beyond the multiball intro videos, to make them unique. Imagine LOTR mode and multiballs without any film actor audio, no DMD animations based on the film, and replace all of it with a single animation that represents the film. That game would be nowhere near as immersive in the themes world as the pin we know today.

With all of that being set I think the lack of actor audio and actor film video isn't a deal breaker for many, including myself, as the game has a lot of other things going for it. The ruleset that Keith Johnson and the team created is very engaging, Erics layout is a blast to shoot, David Thiels custom music / audio is excellent, and JP's animation work is once again the best in the industry. Combine all of that with some cool toys plus the character abilities and you have one hell of an amazing and fun pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 38.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.