Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 67.
#1351 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I don't really see how you could possibly fit sails on the ship.

I didn't watch the whole stream but I saw the 'x' constellations indicating that you need to hit the multiplier targets and I think Keith said that you can use it to work out what you need to do next. So, how is this different from the apron compass?

I'm not sure on the details, I just thought the star map looked really cool.

#1352 1 year ago

The Star map is cool and I thought the same thing at one point, is the compass and map showing the same thing?

Maybe the map shows the exact shot if you can read it but the compass shows a general area to shoot at, good question.

#1353 1 year ago

I think star map and the compass are very similar but if you do what the star map shows you get rewarded (extra balls and points)

#1354 1 year ago

They should have added some magnets to the spinning disc, not enough action from what I saw.

#1355 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

They should have added some magnets to the spinning disc, not enough action from what I saw.

There were some moments were I saw some pretty erratic movement of the ball, did you watch the whole stream?

#1356 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Why do people keep asking for more action from the spinner. The one on the stream had plenty of action. Caused at least 3 drains as is.
Why in the world would you want even more chaos right in front of your flippers then the spinner is already doing? You get any more chaotic then it already is and you start brushing with frustration and not fun anymore.

#1357 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm ok with the disk but really wanted two things based on what I saw.
1. I wish the disk was bigger
2. Artwork around the disk still needs work

Not satisfied with your disc size?

#1358 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Why do people keep asking for more action from the spinner. The one on the stream had plenty of action. Caused at least 3 drains as is.
Why in the world would you want even more chaos right in front of your flippers then the spinner is already doing? You get any more chaotic then it already is and you start brushing with frustration and not fun anymore.

People are out of their minds.

#1359 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

I think the ball moved enough when needed, but not all the time to ruin your game.

#1360 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Not satisfied with your disc size?

#1361 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People are out of their minds.

Right on brother

#1362 1 year ago

Compass for the PREMIUM edition and star map and compass for the LE/CE.

Quoted from screaminr:

I think star map and the compass are very similar but if you do what the star map shows you get rewarded (extra balls and points)

#1363 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Compass for the PREMIUM edition and star map and compass for the LE/CE.

I thought they were separate even on the premium my mistake have to watch the stream again

#1364 1 year ago

I've not watched the stream, but have a question about the star map.

JJP has always prided themselves on all versions of their machines playing the same (with most of the enhancements being cosmetic between models). Yet here it sounds like the star map is adding different gameplay, and therefore the standard version of the machine will be a little different. Is this correct?

Again, didn't watch the stream, and therefore may be misunderstanding this.

#1365 1 year ago

Black flippers are cool on the black pearl but what's a better combo than yellow and red for the main playfield. I would like to see sword or cannon flippers.

#1366 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

. Yet here it sounds like the star map is adding different gameplay

The rules will be the same just a different way of looking at them.

#1367 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Per this comment, it sounds like the star map will give alternate rewards...

#1368 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

The star map gives rewards the compas tells you what to go for

#1369 1 year ago

Hello,
I don’t like the low of new trunk in white, it seems not finished.
As well for the color of the map not fully in accordance with disk.
I hope it’s only for prototype !
If someone have information on this, thank a lot to reassure me.
Daniel

#1370 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

From watching the video I get the impression the intent is to have both show what the most valuable shot is and the benefit of the star map I guess is you don’t need to look at apron.

If they are showing the same shot, how does it know if you used the chart or compass? Or does it even matter and will award points if correct shot is hit from either compass or map?

Pretty confusing how they explained the integration.

#1371 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

From watching the video I get the impression the intent is to have both show what the most valuable shot is and the benefit of the star map I guess is you don’t need to look at apron.
If they are showing the same shot, how does it know if you used the chart or compass? Or does it even matter and will award points if correct shot is hit from either compass or map?
Pretty confusing how they explained the integration.

Thanks for the further explanation (even if it is confusing ). I am guessing we will learn more over the next several live streams.

#1372 1 year ago
Quoted from saquapuss:

Hello,
I don’t like the low of new trunk in white, it seems not finished.
As well for the color of the map not fully in accordance with disk.
I hope it’s only for prototype !
If someone have information on this, thank a lot tu reassure me.
Daniel

Pretty sure they addressed the trunk color early on in video. It’s a prototype.

Apron art with the two trident guys is inspired from the art on back of black pearl and Eric said current apron art is prototype and will be different.

Disc was better but I believe they mentioned there were some art changes to be made as well. It was definitely improved from the initial picture.

#1373 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty sure they addressed the trunk color early on in video. It’s a prototype.
Apron art with the two trident guys is inspired from the art on back of black pearl and Eric said current apron art is prototype and will be different.
Disc was better but I believe they mentioned there were some art changes to be made as well. It was definitely improved from the initial picture.

Thanks for your answer.
i have ordered a POTC LE my first JJP and I look forward to receiving it

#1374 1 year ago

Glad the apron was a proto!!!!!!
It is really coming along! Super excited to get my first NIB and first from JJP!
Now how about a veterans discount

#1375 1 year ago

I am going from memory on playing JJPOTC in March at LAX, but I thought the compass was the direction of the most rewarding shot (doesn't say exactly what to hit). With the star map and the compass, you could get a good idea of what exactly to aim for maybe? For example if the "P" lane was the most reward, the compass would just point to the left...so you wouldn't know what to exactly hit. But, using the direction and the hint in the stars, you can figure out it is the "P" lane.

Just guessing though

#1376 1 year ago

The compass points to "your heart's desire" which we interpret as the shot with the highest expected value (meaning the potential of a multiball comes into play vs what a single shot will actually score but doesn't start anything).

The starmap is a rule I wanted to do in Oz. Basically the constellation points to something, and you have to shoot that thing to advance the rule. It's not something that relates to another rule in the game other than get enough constellations and you'll like extra ball.

I wanted to use the crystal ball for this purpose in oz before the design of it got all fouled up.

#1377 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

you'll like extra ball.

I like extra ball!

I wanted to use the crystal ball for this purpose in oz before the design of it got all fouled up.

Word.

--Ted

#1378 1 year ago

The compass points to "your heart's desire" which we interpret as the shot with the highest expected value (meaning the potential of a multiball comes into play vs what a single shot will actually score but doesn't start anything).
The starmap is a rule I wanted to do in Oz. Basically the constellation points to something, and you have to shoot that thing to advance the rule. It's not something that relates to another rule in the game other than get enough constellations and you'll like extra ball.

Will the starmap rules somehow be on the Standard (like via the LCD), or absent from that version?

#1379 1 year ago

I like that. Thanks for explaining that Keith. It looks great!

#1380 1 year ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

I like extra ball!

Word.
--Ted

Damn it Ted,change your avatar!
Everyone I see it I feel bad I sold my second ever pin RoadShow.
Someday Red&Ted will return

#1381 1 year ago

Awesome...star map is only on LE and CE? Does that mean the rules are different for the Standard?

#1382 1 year ago

Keefer said on stream that you can still do it.

The star map shot, which is also the chapter start shot will brightly illuminate the shot to advance the starmap. So even if you have a standard you can still advance the shot, you just need to hit the chapter select shot to see where it wants you to shoot.

#1383 1 year ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

Keefer said on stream that you can still do it.
The star map shot, which is also the chapter start shot will brightly illuminate the shot to advance the starmap. So even if you have a standard you can still advance the shot, you just need to hit the chapter select shot to see where it wants you to shoot.

Ah, got it...thanks.

#1384 1 year ago

This. Such a waste of a toy as-is.

#1385 1 year ago

Star map is really cool.

Gonna be tough to decipher after several beers though

#1386 1 year ago

Especially since he said it's not going to be as constant in release, more twinkly

#1387 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Star map is really cool.
Gonna be tough to decipher after several beers though

oh my Ice both you and I will see about 5 times the twinkles! How in the hell will we ever gonna progress through this game!

#1388 1 year ago

When you get a high score it should show a picture of the character you got it with.

#1389 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

When you get a high score it should show a picture of the character you got it with.

Character is shown for Grand Champ, High Score #1, and Daily High Score #1.

#1390 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

This. Such a waste of a toy as-is.

Is it surprising? The DI trap door is badly design. They are also unable to make reliable the 3 spinning discs.
JJP is really supposed to build a pin like Toy Story? There are So many ideas of great toys but I highly doubt JJP could design them. Their credibility is tainted imho. You can feel all eric’s dismay on the video.

#1391 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Is it surprising? The DI trap door is badly design. They are also unable to make reliable the 3 spinning discs.
JJP is really supposed to build a pin like Toy Story? There are So many ideas of great toys but I highly doubt JJP could design them. Their credibility is tainted imho. You can feel all eric’s dismay on the video.

We never had any problem with the trap door at all. Sucks for those that did, but it's not even close to everyone.

The PotC wheel thing is unfortunate, but when you're doing more than any other manufacturer mechanically, you're going to have some failures. This was a high-profile failure, but my thought is at least they're trying and succeeding more than they fail. There's no doubt JJP is pushing other manufacturers forward, too.

#1392 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

The trap door is fine all you have to do is bend a piece of metal.

And unless you are fantasizing about a Toy Story with several 3 spinning disc mechs you really shouldn't be too worried.

#1393 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The trap door is fine all you have to do is bend a piece of metal.
And unless you are fantasizing about a Toy Story with several 3 spinning disc mechs you really shouldn't be too worried.

I’m sure they will have found the key for this mech by then...

#1394 1 year ago

What is the current estimate of when production is starting?

#1395 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What is the current estimate of when production is starting?

In one of the podcasts Eric talked about going to the factory in mid may. They would make 20 games out of production parts and send those out. If all goes well then move onto production.

And Eric will teach Jack how to do a better cartwheel.

So I believe we are getting close.

LTG : )

#1396 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

In one of the podcasts Eric talked about going to the factory in mid may. They would make 20 games out of production parts and send those out. If all goes well then move onto production.
And Eric will teach Jack how to do a better cartwheel.
So I believe we are getting close.
LTG : )

So July-ish, if all goes well...

#1397 1 year ago

On one hand I can appreciate them trying to have them machine 100% ready code wise but they are really dragging this out.

I’m ready to get mine! Hurry up! Lol

#1398 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

So July-ish, if all goes well...

Probably - but Eric told me that he was hoping for production to start the beginning of June. If they change over the production line for the last couple of weeks in May, I'm guessing that they would be training for the assembly and making a few a day at the beginning of June to start with and stock them up until the okay to ship is given. They wont let that line set idle for very long. Just my speculation.

#1399 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Probably - but Eric told me that he was hoping for production to start the beginning of June. If they change over the production line for the last couple of weeks in May, I'm guessing that they would be training for the assembly and making a few a day at the beginning of June to start with and stock them up until the okay to ship is given. They wont let that line set idle for very long. Just my speculation.

Eric hopes for June. Butch said August. July-ish is looking good.

#1400 1 year ago

New apron art looks good. We got our ship battle!

Hopefully we get some maelstrom video battle action!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside