IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 67.
#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Isnt there a stream today of the game? Watch it today and you';ll see what the playfield looks like with the new disc. Perhaps they didn't make the final playfields yet.

What time is the stream this afternoon?

I know someone posted it in one of the 10 potc threads but can’t seem to find it now.

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What time is the stream this afternoon?
I know someone posted it in one of the 10 potc threads but can’t seem to find it now.

3PM Central / 4PM EST Today
https://t.co/1tZQOECpyd

Quoted from bgwilly31:

oh and btw a little birdie told me once production starts games will start shipping within a 2-3 weeks. At least thats what i heard.

If that is the case it means that the playfields have been done for some time now and that some of them are essentially populated and were waiting on the spinning disc mech.

#1303 5 years ago

Any word on the stream? Nothing is coming up for me.

#1304 5 years ago

Looks like it is running. Just searched twitch and JJP.

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Looks like it is running. Just searched twitch and JJP.

Thank you!

#1306 5 years ago

I think the same spinner is there. Don't think they changed the color yet....

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think the same spinner is there. Don't think they changed the color yet....

I was about to ask the same question.

#1308 5 years ago

The new star map feature is awesome.

#1309 5 years ago

The way the disk spins now looks really cool.

They also mentioned there is a camera in JJPPOTC, it just hasn't been used yet.

#1310 5 years ago

Just asked about it

#1311 5 years ago

Said camera used for high scores

#1312 5 years ago

Game looks cool. SPinner "affects ball path" and throws it into the outlanes.

But I don't wanna be a pirate!!!!

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I wouldn't mind that feature in all games. It has been fun to see them on DI.

#1314 5 years ago

Game looked and played well. Will give it a shot at Pinfest.

#1316 5 years ago

Variable speed and direction is cool with the spinner and new/revised apron art coming apparently.

I still like what I see overall and am hanging on to my pre-order.

#1317 5 years ago

good stuff today. I think the machine is coming along nicely and the mini wizard mode looked cool.

#1318 5 years ago

I'm happy with the variable spinning. It actually did a lot for the randomness. Also the star map is super cool.

Good stream, liked what I saw

#1319 5 years ago

Awesome! So glad they implemented that idea. It's coding work at that level that only JJP is doing. Very cool.

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Isnt there a stream today of the game? Watch it today and you';ll see what the playfield looks like with the new disc. Perhaps they didn't make the final playfields yet.

Watched it all after the fact but not a single person seems to be interested in knowing about this and unfortunately there is no way to see anything in the stream.

Everything looks to be coming together for the pin especially considering the changes. Looking forward to the next stream!

#1321 5 years ago

Looks like the code is coming along, still so much in the game, animations are awesome.

#1322 5 years ago

The disc did look a bit better. Would almost be ideal if they could do two rings instead of just the one and have variable spinning as they do now.

The graphics get better and better. If I was in, I'd still be in.

#1323 5 years ago

Two discs would be better one. But the discgate is over. I'm anxious to see the final art on the disc.

Unfortunately I was expecting sails to be on the ship. I was actually really excited to see what they up with for that. But I asked today and that was said to be a miscommunication and there will be no sails on the ship.
Oh well. That's a mod waiting to happen.

But I was decently happy with what I saw. May be leaning towards staying in on my LE. I liked the variable speed disc. Much better.

I'm heading to pinfest. Playing both acnc and potc. Unfortunately it's going to suck. Because I'm sure the potc they are going to have there will have the 3 discs.

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I bet you 90% of the people who said they are not going to buy the game because of the change still will. What a bunch of complainers. You guys will bitch about anything.

I stand by what I said 10 days ago. I like to read threads like this minus the "I'm backing out blah, blah, I am mad and upset, blah blah". Let's see how the game plays, obviously JJP knows what the fuck they are doing. Even when they make mistakes, they make it right in the end.

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I stand by what I said 10 days ago. I like to read threads like this minus the "I'm backing out blah, blah, I am mad and upset, blah blah". Let's see how the game plays, obviously JJP knows what the fuck they are doing. Even when they make mistakes, they make it right in the end.

Exactly.
I only watched 5 mins of the stream today; plan to watch the rest over the weekend. But the 5 mins I saw, that spinner was wicked and coded great! It even looked like it did more throwing than the prototype disk that I played, almost too much? Game looks superb. Now to get production rolling before stern hammers out another hit and I spend the rest of my JJPOTC $

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

My wife and family like the camera on Dialed In and how it takes goofy pics during selfie mode and for high scores. I like to see the pics later and see the past pics. I assume this feature will be on POTC as well

#1327 5 years ago

- I think the spinning disk looks a lot better. I liked the action it created.
- The Star Map is really cool
- I like the wanted poster use of the camera for high scores....wasn’t that your idea @panzerfreak?

Looking forward to my LE.

#1328 5 years ago

Keith Johnson is coming on Head2Head to talk about POTC, and most of this other games he has worked on.
How long do you want the interview to be? 10 minutes, 30 mins? 1 hours? 2 hours?

2 hours? Ok. Check for a 2 hour Keefer interview on Monday

#1329 5 years ago

New spinner is not bad at all... love the multi direction and variable speed and it really messed with the ball path. The constellations are very neat and a nice feature. Game still is going to be great in the end. Im still not upset that i canceled my order as im not feeling the theme and rule type fully, especially for 9850 shipped. Ill wait to get a huo one at a discount down the road. Im waiting for the maiden premium reveal as that may be my next nib from the looks of it... plus its 2500 cheaper. Im looking super fwd to pats toy story bc dile is my favorite ever and i think he will knock it out of the park again. What a great time for pinball...just wish the dam prices wld stop increasing with every new release. Im also picking up a,chromed out huo cv next weekend that im excited about.

#1330 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Unfortunately I was expecting sails to be on the ship. I was actually really excited to see what they up with for that. But I asked today and that was said to be a miscommunication and there will be no sails on the ship.
Oh well. That's a mod waiting to happen.

I don't really see how you could possibly fit sails on the ship.

Quoted from Rockytop:

I didn't watch the whole stream but I saw the 'x' constellations indicating that you need to hit the multiplier targets and I think Keith said that you can use it to work out what you need to do next. So, how is this different from the apron compass?

#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I wonder how they will use the camera in pirates

Got my answer -wanted poster.
The only problem is if you're not a good player you'll never see your picture. Would be cool if they take your picture at the beginning and you could play as you.

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I didn't watch the whole stream but I saw the 'x' constellations indicating that you need to hit the multiplier targets and I think Keith said that you can use it to work out what you need to do next. So, how is this different from the apron compass?

I believe the star map shots award points and eventually light the extra ball. I watched pieces of the whole stream so I may have missed something.

#1333 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

- I think the spinning disk looks a lot better. I liked the action it created.
- I like the wanted poster use of the camera for high scores....wasn’t that your idea panzerfreak?
Looking forward to my LE.

Haha, I did post about the wanted poster idea a few times in the past. I'm not sure if the JJP team had the idea already or saw one of my posts? It looks awesome and is a very cool animation feature. If they did get the idea from me I would feel honored, lol

#1334 5 years ago

The star map looks awesome I thought it was going to be just twinkling lights but to see it has rules to it is great. I just hope somewhere they show you what the symbols mean

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The star map looks awesome I thought it was going to be just twinkling lights but to see it has rules to it is great. I just hope somewhere they show you what the symbols mean

The symbols are mostly easily identifiable. The letters represent "map targets" or "pirate" lanes. Coin for the gold targets, ship for the black pearl, ect. Some of the fun will be figuring out what the rest of them are though.

#1336 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

The symbols are mostly easily identifiable. The letters represent "map targets" or "pirate" lanes. Coin for the gold targets, ship for the black pearl, ect. Some of the fun will be figuring out what the rest of them are though.

They were easily recognizable in the stream because of a coding bug but they mentioned at least two times that they are going to be much more difficult to figure out so don't get used to them being easy.

#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

. Some of the fun will be figuring out what the rest of them are though.

They did say more you do the harder they get.

#1338 5 years ago

What was the circle with the rectangle in it-gold? This pin has so much in it and they haven't even got to plundering or video mode

#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The only problem is if you're not a good player you'll never see your picture. Would be cool if they take your picture at the beginning and you could play as you.

Don`t forget the high score of the day. if you show up early enough you will get your poster.

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What was the circle with the rectangle in it-gold? This pin has so much in it and they haven't even got to plundering or video mode

Is there definitely a video mode in it?

#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I believe that will be Liar's Dice. Not added in yet. Still a lot to go into this game!

#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I believe that will be Liar's Dice. Not added in yet. Still a lot to go into this game!

I wish they would code in a video clip for the maelstrom in worlds end with the epic ship battle.

Doesn’t need to do it every time but we need some ship battle action in the game!

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yes, like viper said it's called liars dice(i picture dice being thrown). I wish it was a bit more involved like shooting pirate ships

#1344 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I wish they would code in a video clip for the maelstrom in worlds end with the epic ship battle.

Exactly and when you sink the ship with the canon they should show the clip of the ship blowing up.

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Exactly and when you sink the ship with the canon they should show the clip of the ship blowing up.

That would be friggin sweet. you never know, I have a feeling there is a bit to be added yet.

There should definitely be some more immersion with the whole cannon and sinking ships. Seems kind of basic at the moment even though it is a very cool feature.

#1346 5 years ago

I'm ok with the disk but really wanted two things based on what I saw.

1. I wish the disk was bigger
2. Artwork around the disk still needs work

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That would be friggin sweet. you never know, I have a feeling there is a bit to be added yet.

Maybe if we keep mentioning stuff like this they will see it and have a think about it. Like panzerfreak's wanted pictures

#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm ok with the disk but really wanted two things based on what I saw.
1. I wish the disk was bigger
2. Artwork around the disk still needs work

I know we're all disappointed but can we move on from disc gate.

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Maybe if we keep mentioning stuff like this they will see it and have a think about it. Like panzerfreak's wanted pictures

We can only hope, there have been many cool ideas mentioned.

The main memory of the maelstrom from the movies is the epic ship battle with them swirling around in the storm broadsiding one another.

There is plenty of footage to work with and not use any actors faces or content.

Man that would be awesome. Any kind of ship battle action would be welcomed!

#1350 5 years ago

They need to show at least one ship battle, and you're right there are no actors faces, should be doable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.